• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:

The game's difficulty levels are Novice, Apprentice, Adept, Expert, Master right? So, naturally - "normal / default" is Adept?

Some ice worf at the beginning of the game just kicked my ass. Whereas Oblivion was mindlessly easy. Maybe I have it on hard mode or something?

Bumhead

Banned
That screenshot has more "Epic" about it than any set piece I've played this year. Seriously.

I had zero hype for this going into release and hated Oblivion.. but this does look REALLY impressive.

p3tran

Banned
p3tran said:
I really cant believe whats happening in greece!
skyrim for 360 will not be imported by the central distributor until the 18th the least!!

Anybody with a link for me to buy from UK and ship immediatly to Greece will be greatly appreciated.

gilljoy said:
Try shopto there pretty damn good

p3tran said:
thanks!! I will call them first just to make sure

shopto is not an option.
I called them and they cannot guarantee anything faster than 7-14 days

any other options for skyrim fast shipment to Greeece guys?

regs

angelfly said:
Damn I've been playing the game for 6 hours straight. Time for a lunch a break.
lol me too, incredibly bad ass game! It's almost as if Morrowind and Oblivion had a lovechild and that lovechild is in it's teenage years doing it's own thing.

I love the familiarity but I love the design choices that seem to really make this all fresh again!

Loxley

Lakitu said:
Anyone find any quest-breaking bugs yet? That's one of my biggest worries.

I have just over six hours logged into the game as of this moment (PC version), I actually haven't come across a single bug at all. However, the game has flat-out crashed on me twice, luckily the PC version comes equipped with quick-saving, so I'm F5'ing every five minutes :p

Where can I find the PS3 impressions?

Thanks GAF

If you want the abridged review from earlier comments in the thread; the PS3 version is great and runs perfectly fine, and apparently actually looks better than the 360 version in certain areas.

Conjuring weapons is pretty cool this time. I hated those ugly daedric weapons that lasted about 5 seconds. I'm using my ghost sword all the time now.

AgentOtaku said:
Where can I find the PS3 impressions?

Thanks GAF
There's the console impressions thread (linked in the OP), but that one's kind of hard to navigate, too. I'll do something about these questions.

Anyone who feels up to it, PC and console players alike, send me your impressions through a PM. When I've got enough, I'll put 'em in a post and link 'em in the OP.

Kinda tempted to trade Arkham City for this (for some reason I'm just not enjoying it as much as Asylum, which I adored...I'm playing it, sometimes I'm loving it but there's a curious sense that I'm just going through the motions more than I'd like there to be as it is clearly an excellent game). I know that this isn't going to be the least partial crowd, but would that be worthwhile? I may then go back to Arkham after Christmas, perhaps it's just come a bit too soon for me to fully appreciate it....

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I've got an arrow stuck in my shoulder and it's kind of distracting. Great game thus far, otherwise!

Xater

Word of warning to my European friends, well at least the ones from France and Germany: The German release seems to be in French and German. No English on the disc at all. So If like me you would have preferred to play it in English you should buy it from the UK. Have not tested out if it als includes Italien or Spanish. Would really suck if they excluded English for all of us mainlanders...

Shoogoo

Xater said:
Word of warning to my European friends, well at least the ones from France and Germany: The German release seems to be in French and German. No English on the disc at all. So If like me you would have preferred to play it in English you should buy it from the UK. Have not tested out if it als includes Italien or Spanish. Would really suck if they excluded English for all of us mainlanders...

Yeah I've been discussing this earlier. I'm waiting until next week to get the english version as I doubt I can swap discs and hope for my save to be compatible with both installs.

French version is horrendous, the voice acting is terribad.

spekkeh

Banned
TheDrowningMan said:
Kinda tempted to trade Arkham City for this (for some reason I'm just not enjoying it as much as Asylum, which I adored...I'm playing it, sometimes I'm loving it but there's a curious sense that I'm just going through the motions more than I'd like there to be as it is clearly an excellent game). I know that this isn't going to be the least partial crowd, but would that be worthwhile? I may then go back to Arkham after Christmas, perhaps it's just come a bit too soon for me to fully appreciate it....
As far as I can tell I like both equally. Skyrim's definitely worth your time (but then I thought the same about Arkham City). And if you liked the smaller area of Asylum over the larger world of City, it may be a bit strange to want the very large open world.

Aselith

Realyn said:
Press mouse 1 and 2 at the same time ;)

tf2-heavy.jpg

Xater

Shoogoo said:
Yeah I've been discussing this earlier. I'm waiting until next week to get the english version as I doubt I can swap discs and hope for my save to be compatible with both installs.

French version is horrendous, the voice acting is terribad.

The text translation seems fine in German but yeah the voice acting is terrible as well.

spekkeh

Banned
Xater said:
I always wonder how much of the French/Germans/Spanish/Italian really like their games being translated. Then again as a German you're probably pretty used to it. In Holland/Belgium/Scandinavia it's in English obv.

LCfiner

played about 30 minutes before I had to run into work, so I'm still in the tutorial.

I liked the opening bit. a bit more interesting than the typical opening in a dark dungeon. It's still too early to say anything about the whole experience but I've enjoyed the bit I played and it certainly feels familiar to Oblivion and Fallout - the animations, the voices - but slightly more refined.

faces are way better than before. not the bet of this gen but way better than they used to be in Oblivion.

can;t wait to get my teeth into it this weekend

Found a Dwemer ruin (
Bthardamz
), but the entrance is covered with plants or something, and I can't hack 'em apart or burn 'em. Dunno what exactly I'm gonna need to do here, but I'll get back to it later, there's a dragon lair nearby.

Xater

spekkeh said:
I always wonder how much of the French/Germans/Spanish/Italian really like their games being translated. Then again as a German you're probably pretty used to it. In Holland/Belgium/Scandinavia it's in English obv.

I'm not. I play everything in English. My default setting on the console level is English for everything. :)

Shoogoo

spekkeh said:

The french talking part of Belgium gets the game in french because of France, but it's very easy to find an english game most of the time.

Shoogoo said:
The french talking part of Belgium gets the game in french because of France, but it's very easy to find an english game most of the time.
Flanders doesn't give a crap about translations, everything's in English.

Which is awesome.

Locke_211

Played the PS3 version yesterday for about 6 hours (!) and it runs absolutely fine, no crashes or anything, no frame-rate drops.

The worst that happened was a bandit charging at me, sword-drawn, screaming 'I think there's someone here!'

spekkeh said:
As far as I can tell I like both equally. Skyrim's definitely worth your time (but then I thought the same about Arkham City). And if you liked the smaller area of Asylum over the larger world of City, it may be a bit strange to want the very large open world.

The weird thing is that in some respects Arkham City feels more boxed in that its predecessor to me. There's a weird seamless / disjointed dichotomy which is disruptive to the flow of the experience. It definitely improves over Asylum in plenty of areas, but I'm not feeling the same sense of place I did with that game.

It's peculiar, because I'm doing things that I should be loving but they're just not having the impact that I think they should - maybe I just like Arkham Asylum too much and I've got a bit of fatigue...perhaps I listened to that record one too many times and need to take a break.

Is Skyrim especially atmospheric?

Lakitu

st5fu
Enco said:
I get home in an hour or so.

Don't make me angry postman!!!

Still waiting on the postman over here. Looking out the window every so often. Hoping to see the man with a red bag walking down the street.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Game crashes every time I alt+tab which sucks.
Bungieware said:
I still get confused about left and right handed equipping. Left click is right hand and right click is left hand correct?
Yes.

Enco

Lakitu said:
Still waiting on the postman over here. Looking out the window every so often. Hoping to see the man with a red bag walking down the street.
We can sue them together if it doesn't arrive haha

Fusebox

Banned
Came home with the PS3 version at about 4 o'clock, only stopped playing now at 11. I was nervous about buying the PS3 version but it's great! Ive been sucked right back into Elder Scrolls world, it's so damn immersive.

Drazgul

Blue Ninja said:
Found a Dwemer ruin (
Bthardamz
), but the entrance is covered with plants or something, and I can't hack 'em apart or burn 'em. Dunno what exactly I'm gonna need to do here, but I'll get back to it later, there's a dragon lair nearby.

Sounds like a quest-related barrier so players don't go snooping around before having the related quest.

Is the Soul Trap spell available for purchase in Whiterun or that small settlement you first come across? Wanna get crackin' on Enchanting but I must've missed it when I browsed through the vendors (not that I looked very hard, just thought of it now that I kinda need it for enchantments :p).

Lakitu

st5fu
Enco said:
We can sue them together if it doesn't arrive haha

Hehe alright, deal. I will be majorly pissed if he doesn't bring it. I just want the game here safe and sound. Like a lost puppy.

Enco

Lakitu said:
Hehe alright, deal. I will be majorly pissed if he doesn't bring it. I just want the game here safe and sound. Like a lost puppy.
Bf3 arrived well so it should be ok. Arrived at like 3 or 4.

JambiBum

Drazgul said:
Sounds like a quest-related barrier so players don't go snooping around before having the related quest.

Is the Soul Trap spell available for purchase in Whiterun or that small settlement you first come across? Wanna get crackin' on Enchanting but I must've missed it when I browsed through the vendors (not that I looked very hard, just thought of it know that I kinda need it for enchantments :p).
It's in whiterun. The enchanter guy sells it.

I've played for 6 hours straight. Want to keep playing but it is daylight and I'm tired :-(

Divius

Question: If I approach someone from a long way and want to attack them (I mostly play as archer) I have often trouble to tell if they are friend or foe, any tips? I don't want to attack someone who is with the Imperial Army or w/e.

Realyn

Ikuu said:
I still get confused about left and right handed equipping. Left click is right hand and right click is left hand correct?
Yes thats so dumb. I changed mouse 1 and 2, but then fire bow is on mouse2 ... so dumb.

Wanace

This game is rocking my world. 7 hours in. Absolutely brilliant. I'm at level 9 and still barely have done anything. I did kill my first dragon though.

I am anxiously awaiting the modders to get a hold of the creation kit though, because there are some MAJOR interface issues that need to be worked out. My god, the PC interface is just shit. Buying/selling is a fucking hassle, doing ANYTHING requires clicking a tiny little box, you can't press E or WASD to navigate a lot of menus. What the fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom