• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Boo

over 100k people are playing this on steam. idk if that 100k is just in my region, or a global number.

anyway the fight music is pretty good. i am searching for bandits and other enemies just to hear it. my first dragon fight was pretty cool too. although my allies did most of the work.

for now my only issue with the game is how ugly it looks. but that's probably because i'm playing on high, and not on ultra.

MikeE21286 said:
Question regarding regions (please looking for some info) --- this is not related to the sticky on the front page

About to purchase a key for the game from someone that bought it from Gamesplanet.com (I'm assuming this is in the UK because he priced the item in £)

Will I have any difficulty or problem now, or in the future, regarding this in terms of region-locking or things of that nature?

Really looking for an answer to this question if anyone knows.

-PXG-

Has Bethesda responded as to why the textures look awful on console.

Man, it's really bad. Game is fun, but it look terrible

Maybe somebody can answer this before I go to grab my copy. The premium map is it included in the actual case? And is it just the paper map seen in the unboxing videos?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay installing right now... what are the stuff I need to change asap when I start the game (PC)? Any specific console-stuff? Anything easy way to improve framerate or graphics? Anything at all or just plug'n'play?

edit: 11 minutes install, not bad! :D

GreekWolf

-PXG- said:
Has Bethesda responded as to why the textures look awful on console.

Man, it's really bad. Game is fun, but it look terrible
I'm guessing you've been blessed with the 360 texture streaming glitch. Try clearing your cache and then installing to a usb drive.

Balehead

Just a random chain of events caused by my failure at pickpocketing some poor bastard:

I was resting outside, woke up to 3 thugs who yelled that they would kill me. I dealt with them and found one of them carrying a contract. It basically said that "Punish him for trying to steal from me -[His name as a signature]". He and his wife died in their sleep that same night.

Pretty cool.

purg3

slept with Malkin
GodfatherX said:
Maybe somebody can answer this before I go to grab my copy. The premium map is it included in the actual case? And is it just the paper map seen in the unboxing videos?

yeah it's in the case, it's a heavier stock paper, kind has a texture to it.

CoilShot said:
Has anyone gotten their cloth map from best buy preorder pickup?
There's no cloth map. It's premium (really thick) paper.

I just found the Thalmor Embassy. Got accosted by a few Thalmor Justiciars that were standing outside for some reason, and had no keys to get back in. Their leader asked me if I believed in Talos, and I refused to answer him. He grew angry and attacked, so I chopped their heads off and left their bodies lying in front of the gate as a warning.

The Thalmor inside didn't give a shit. :lol

legbone

Blue Ninja said:
There's no cloth map. It's premium paper.

is it the same map that comes with every copy?

if you preorder does that mean you get two copies? the one in every game and then the premium one?

GreekWolf

cluto said:
So should I install this to my 360 or not?
magic8ball1.jpg

legbone said:
is it the same map that comes with every copy?

if you preorder does that mean you get two copies? the one in every game and then the premium one?
It came included in the game case here in Europe, but later 'prints' of the game will include a more regular paper map.

I'm not sure how it works in the US, though.

Rad-

cluto said:
So should I install this to my 360 or not?

Doesn't matter. The texture bug can happen to every kind of play style apparently. There are people with usb drive installs experiencing it now as well.

iddqd

this thread is moving fast,

does anyone know the answer to this:

26447en_USI_QuestionMark.jpg

Is there karma in skyrim?

I`m planing on making an asshole that murders people and
steals vegetables, but I dont want the whole town to
become hostile because I screw around.
Or conversation trees to wither down because I`m a dick.

Any sign of those things yet?

purg3 said:
yeah it's in the case, it's a heavier stock paper, kind has a texture to it.
Cool thanks, disappointing it's just that though. There should be a cloth or cloth like map in either the CE or the CE edition of the guide

grkazan12

Seriously, guys or gals who are on the fence about this game should pick it up, played it for 6 hours straight last night when it launched on U.S. Steam and so far it could be my GOTY. The music is spot on, the dynamic nature of it is much improved from the days of Oblivion. The graphics are somewhat reminiscent of the gamebryo days, but the engine, art, and animation are so improved that you'll probably never notice. I haven't even completed the second quest yet and already I have found myself wandering the world of Skyrim and getting lost and completing random side quests and exploring various dungeons. Stumbling upon a massive dungeon in
Raldbthar
was a sublime experience that should not be missed.

There's my first impressions of it, now back to Skyrim.

BTW, anyone know what to do at the end of the Dwarven dungeon in
Raldbthar
? I can't seem to find the item that I need.

MrBig

iddqd said:
this thread is moving fast,

does anyone know the answer to this:

Is there karma in skyrim?

I`m planing on making an asshole that murders people and
steals vegetables, but I dont want the whole town to
become hostile because I screw around.
Or conversation trees to wither down because I`m a dick.

Any sign of those things yet?
There is not menu indicator, but the world and characters will react to it in some way.

Busaiku

Thinking of getting this (haven't gotten an Elder Scrolls game before), but just wondering one thing.
Can you play in 3rd person, or is it locked to 1st?

PONGSTAR

Banned
For people that pre-ordered on Amazon - the $10 credit is available now. I just used it to get the guide: $16.19-$10.00= $6.19.

Sarcasm

-PXG- said:
Also, what the fuck is with this FOV. Jesus. Bring the camera back a tad.

If PC, hit your " ~ " button, type FOV 90 and hit enter than " ~ " again. 90 can be replaced with what you want.

Yoshichan said:
Well... I just went to the stores and accidentally bought the game. That's right, I accidentally bought it. And now I'm here with the PC-version and I'm not even sure if my stupid PC can play this game without chopping to hell... and I haven't got the balls to start installing the game because I'm afraid ;_;

The requirements are godly low, even for recommended:

Minimum:

Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
Memory: 2GB System RAM
Hard Disk Space: 6GB free HDD Space
Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

Recommended:

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
Memory: 4GB System RAM
Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher)

Also playing with my xbox controller on PC is much much better.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Oh god I just got to the storeroom and already I'm hitting my hoarding OCD. Hopefully there's somebody to sell this junk to soon.

Derrick01

Banned
I killed 3 thugs who came after me in the middle of nowhere, 1 had a contract on them from someone who wanted payback for me stealing.

Problem is the few times I was caught stealing/pickpocketing I reloaded to avoid an entire village coming after me....

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
mlarine said:
So is the update supposed to not appear on the Xbox hard drive?
If I understand your question correctly, the update will not appear on your HDD unless it's 6MB or greater. Otherwise it's automatically saved to the system cache (and if you clear it, you'll need to download it again).

Is the giant kick a bug? Getting kicked into the air is cool but that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high, can't let them get in range to kick once or you're dead.

Derrick01 said:
I killed 3 thugs who came after me in the middle of nowhere, 1 had a contract on them from someone who wanted payback for me stealing.

Problem is the few times I was caught stealing/pickpocketing I reloaded to avoid an entire village coming after me....

i'd love if reloading didn't save you from retalation. hopefully they made it happen.

-PXG-

Sarcasm said:
If PC, hit your " ~ " button, type FOV 90 and hit enter than " ~ " again. 90 can be replaced with what you want.

The requirements are godly low, even for recommended:

Also playing with my xbox controller on PC is much much better.

I have the 360 version. I'm getting the PC version in a month or two.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Xdrive05 said:
Any verdict yet on whether or not changing the FOV disables achievements?
If you open the console in-game you'll disable achievements, change the FOV in the ini in the Skyrim folder.

Sullichin

Going to be interesting going from Dark Souls to this...

work day can't end soon enough. So the texture problems have just been with 360 version?

Pollux

This might be a stupid question, but for smithing:

Where do I get a pick axe?

How do I turn pelts into what I need for smithing?

etc.

Ri'Orius

Huzzah! Redbox has this in stock!

I really don't know if I'll get into Skyrim (more of a JRPG person, personally), so I'm glad I'll get a chance to try it out for cheap before dropping $60 on it. 'Course, I won't have a manual: anything important in it I need to know?

Philthy

My only disappointment has been that you can't add a beer gut to your character.

So now my character looks like Johan Hegg who jumped on a treadmill for a month. Sigh.

lucius

PONGSTAR said:
For people that pre-ordered on Amazon - the $10 credit is available now. I just used it to get the guide: $16.19-$10.00= $6.19.

I think you still need to wait for the email confirm even though it is added auto to your account, because I just checked and it is still not showing up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom