• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complistic

Lydia's an absolute tank, she does pretty much just as much damage as I do and dies a whole lot less. She's also great at unlocking things. Though I've been using her since i got her so maybe they need to be with you to level up and such.

Lebron

Derrick01 said:
So I finally decided to take Lydia with me just on a trial run. It's a good thing it was just a trial, she was ruining everything as I guess she didn't level with me and the enemies. Constantly attracting attention due to poor stealth skills, which ruined my stealth bonuses and she wasn't very strong either. I'm glad she's dead now.
Better gear and healing hands makes her a beast. Many of battles I've had her come in behind me and haymaker slash the fuck out of whoever the fuck I was fighting, leaving them lifeless on the ground. She's even ass handed a few dragons mostly by herself why I chilled back and healed.

Zeliard

Talon- said:
Just started tonight after getting it in the mail. I dabbled a bit in Daggerfall, but I never got into Morrowind or Oblivion. Didn't care for Fallout 3.

Wow. I can't believe I'm so enthusiastic about playing a single player RPG in 2011. Great, great game. For some reason, I feel more comfortable just fucking around instead of worrying about a "perfect build."

The perks system here goes a long way towards removing some of the tendency certain players have to min-max. Barring a few perks that seem fairly useless, it greatly rewards a person's individual style of play, which is basically the whole point of the Elder Scrolls skills system. So far in my playthrough it's probably the single most impressive thing about the game.

Outside of the dragon fights, that is, which I still maintain are a treat on Master. :p And I've only fought the basic low-level brown ones and those were still memorable. Haven't even fought a Blood Dragon yet. I imagine that'll be quite a thing.

I haven't fought many, though. Maybe 5 or so in total so far, and my guy is still fairly low-level at around 13 or so. Maybe after the 30th or so fight, or once I'm at a higher level, the dragons will start feeling tedious and samey, but not yet. On Master, these are enemies that effectively one-shot me and can take a solid beating, so they basically feel as fighting a dragon should feel.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Might get the game by tomorrow.

Looking at some videos, how do you know items can be safely sold or not?

I feel like I am leveling too fast! I am 15 hours in and almost level 20, and I haven't even done many dungeons, i just level up from lockpicking and stealthing and normal day to day elderscrolls things

Derrick01

Banned
sixghost said:
You monster.

Try giving her better gear, she scales pretty well. I love conjuring minions along with Lydia and then using healing hands on her to keep her alive. It works really well.

Well it's a little late now :lol

I like sneaking on my own anyway. When I roll a pure mage character I'll have companions around to tank for me. At least me and the wife have the house to ourselves now ;)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Seriously are you guys sure about Armsman? Bladesman definitely doesn't apply to daggers, it says so, but why on earth would the basic perk of the one-handed tree not apply to all one-handed weapons?

If you're right I want my fucking perks back, daggers are the only melee I use. :(

pringles

Zeliard said:
I haven't fought many, though. Maybe 5 or so in total so far, and my guy is still fairly low-level at around 13 or so. Maybe after the 30th or so fight, or once I'm at a higher level, the dragons will start feeling tedious and samey, but not yet. On Master, these are enemies that effectively one-shot me and can take a solid beating, so they basically feel as fighting a dragon should feel.
I'm lvl 16 and haven't fought a single one yet.. :/

Kinda nice to have such a big part of the game not even touched though, looking forward to my first dragon fight, and learning dragon shouts etc.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay this will be the marriage options post. I got sucked into a lot of missions as I did it so I didn't get through everyone (and some I couldn't find) but I will edit those in. After I post this I need to eat and sleep and finish it later. I got the game for free so this is my form of giving back.

First off, it must be acknowledged that it seems they purposely designed some more appealing options here and there but didn't make them available. Why? I don't know. Maybe trying to keep some distance from BioWare/Witcher style of relationships. I used + = - to signify what I think of them.

[North]
- Aeri - Nord. Runs Anga's Mill in the Pale. A workin woman, kinda cold. Sounds Eastern European.

[Central - Whiterun]
= Aela the Huntress - Nord. A bit dramatic, both life perspective and with the facepaint. Sideboob, lol.
+ Jenassa - Dark Elf. She talks like an epic narration. Kinda cool. Looks like she's from Avatar.
= Lydia - Nord. Faithful with a personality like saltine crackers. She does grow on you a bit, though.
- Njada Stonearm - Nord. Total bitch at the start. Don't know how/if she changes her tune.
= Ria - Imperial. Kinda freaky. Very friendly.
- Uthgerd - Nord. Rough lady.
+ Ysolda - Nord. Aspiring merchant. Sweet but kind of... quaint.

[South]
= Camilla Valerius - Imperial. Riverwood. Two dudes were fighting over her but she seems a bit cheap. (forgot to screencp her due to dragon)
- Temba Wide-Arm - Nord. Ivarstead. Uhhhh... really fucking hates bears. Gotta tell her about dragons sometime, let her know that her life ain't so bad.

[Northwest]
- Taarie - High Elf. Solitude. Stuck up and judges your sweet-ass armor as an excuse to sell you shit.
Jordis the Sword-Maiden - Nord. Proudspire Manor in Solitude but I couldn't find her. It was all locked up.
Borghak the Steel Heart - Orc. Mor Khazgur. Haven't been there yet.

[West]
+ Muiri - Breton. Markarth. Young, cute, kind. Get her before she becomes jaded like the others.
+ Orla - Nord. Markarth. Priestess of Dibella (basically Skyrim's rather NSFW Aphrodite-type goddess, heyoooo)
++ Senna - Imperial. Markarth. Priestess of Dibella and my personal pick.
+ Anwen - Redguard. Markarth. Dibella priestess. Doppelganger of the cook in Whiterun.
- Ghorza gra-Bagol - Orc. Markarth. Blacksmith. Seems to have a good heart... but she's a fuggin orc!

sixghost

For those who haven't started the Dark Brotherhood quests, I highly recommend at least doing the first one. The first time you meet a member of the Brotherhood is creepy as fuck. It's like a
Saw movie or something. The creepier thing was that she never told you if I killed the correct person, she just said, "hmm, I could see why you chose him." I miss my bros in the mage guild :(

Wallach

Door2Dawn said:
Where is the Augul of Dunlain? It says he's at the bottom of the college but I don't know how to get there.

Along the edge of the courtyard there's a trap door down into the Midden. There's also an entrance on the floor of one of those side areas where your bedroom is, on the ground floor next to the stairwell to the second floor.

balddemon

Banned
Complistic said:
Just read this on bethesda's forums. You can marry anyone if you click on them and then type
Addfac 19809 1

Figured at least someone here might find this useful. It worked on Lydia who is currently bugged.

clarify a bit? like console, click on them, type the script?

Zeliard

Meier said:
As a werewolf, is it possible to contract vampirism? If I did get it while in human form, would transforming wipe it?

Also, I can never seem to feed on things I've killed..what gives?

It can be a little tricky to target them but you should get the Use Button prompt while hovering over a corpse.

I love that system too. You can effectively remain in werewolf form for an entire dungeon and at full health simply by feeding on the corpses of people you slice apart. Though that definitely comes with its own downsides, i.e. not being able to loot anything. 'Course you could always go back through once everything is dead.

My character is a Mage and werewolf form makes for a nice melee backup at times.

pringles said:
I'm lvl 16 and haven't fought a single one yet.. :/

Kinda nice to have such a big part of the game not even touched though, looking forward to my first dragon fight, and learning dragon shouts etc.

You doing any of the main quests? Don't think any dragons show up until after you do the first couple of quests for the Jarl at Whiterun. I stopped the main quest after getting the house offered there.

I'm actually curious myself if I should progress the main quest any more to see other types of dragons. I have to imagine meeting the Greybeards will start some stuff.

Drewsky

I remember when Oblivion came out there was a way to clear your 360 cache to make the game run more smoothly. Is there a way to do this on PS3 for Skyrim? Should I not worry about it?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Alot of my inventory won't show up when I'm in a shop trying to sell stuff. I assume that this is a common bug?

Well, shopkeepers only buy certain types of items...you sure it's not that?

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Alot of my inventory won't show up when I'm in a shop trying to sell stuff. I assume that this is a common bug?

You sure its not stolen? You can't sell stolen items to people outside the Thieves Guild

Dice

Square Triangle said:
Does Lydia ever come back? She got stuck in between a wall and a barrel and it wouldn't let me walk by. So I axed her in the forehead.
She would have reappeared when you entered a new area, but instead you killed her. Killing is killing in this game.

Tonight's Skyrim Story: (no location or main story spoilers, just a light Radiant AI story with an unexpected NPC).

I was trekking across the frozen wastes and a snowstorm picks up.
The wind is howling and picking up the snow to the point where I can barely see. A nearby dune is being buffeted hard by the wind and it's dragging snow off of it, but I notice that one swirl of snow doesn't follow the wind off the dune and twirls in place, an Ice Spirit. It rushes toward me, and I draw my fire arrows. It's attacks viciously and I'm down to 10% health when This barking is heard over my right shoulder. Now I'm terrified that wolves are after me.

But instead, it's a stray dog who followed me from the last town who has seen me in trouble and rushes in to attach the Ice Spirit, killing it and saving me. The dog follows me all the way to the next town as we battle wolves and sabrecats and even delve into a dungeon. Totally unscripted, but totally magical.

Zeliard

I have to say, I was quite disappointed with Hircine's appearance in this. Felt quite anti-climatic, though the ultimate prize was a nice one. I hope he re-appears later on.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Are these side jobs in the thieves guild never ending? I'm going to rob the whole world blind at this rate.

sixghost

Epyon MX said:
Tonight's Skyrim Story: (no location or main story spoilers, just a light Radiant AI story with an unexpected NPC).

I was trekking across the frozen wastes and a snowstorm picks up.
The wind is howling and picking up the snow to the point where I can barely see. A nearby dune is being buffeted hard by the wind and it's dragging snow off of it, but I notice that one swirl of snow doesn't follow the wind off the dune and twirls in place, an Ice Spirit. It rushes toward me, and I draw my fire arrows. It's attacks viciously and I'm down to 10% health when This barking is heard over my right shoulder. Now I'm terrified that wolves are after me.

But instead, it's a stray dog who followed me from the last town who has seen me in trouble and rushes in to attach the Ice Spirit, killing it and saving me. The dog follows me all the way to the next town as we battle wolves and sabrecats and even delve into a dungeon. Totally unscripted, but totally magical.
Shit that's awesome. They've attacked me every time I've seen one :(

My one funny emergent story happened during the Honey Farm mission for the thieves guild. I stole the stuff inside, and was scoping out my path to the beehives, when a fucking dragon appeared. I'm not sure it saw me, as it spent most of its time attacking all the guards outside. In the chaos I just sprinted in, burned the hives and ran. Couldn't have been easier.

Cudder

oh god, I just noticed there are difficulty levels in this game? i might switch it down a notch because every quest ive gotten where I need to go in a cave or dungeon I get beat by whatevers inside a few times before I succeed.

BUT, i must know, does lowering the difficulty have ANY negative affect on the game whatsoever?

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR MY HUSBAND NAZEEM

NO! SHUT UP WOMAN! Why would anyone ever care about your stupid husband Nazeem?

sixghost said:
For those who haven't started the Dark Brotherhood quests, I highly recommend at least doing the first one. The first time you meet a member of the Brotherhood is creepy as fuck. It's like a
Saw movie or something. The creepier thing was that she never told you if I killed the correct person, she just said, "hmm, I could see why you chose him." I miss my bros in the mage guild :(
On a different save file, I killed the Dark Brotherhood member and cut the rope of all 3. Not sure if it escalate any further though

Clevinger

Chuck Norris said:

NO! SHUT UP WOMAN! Why would anyone ever care about your stupid husband Nazeem?

Nazeem is such a dickhead. I wonder if he's related to any quest.

Derrick01

Banned
Papercuts said:
Are these side jobs in the thieves guild never ending? I'm going to rob the whole world blind at this rate.

Nope they seem to be part of the "infinite quests" that Howard was talking about before the game came out. At least they pay pretty decently.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Cudder said:
oh god, I just noticed there are difficulty levels in this game? i might switch it down a notch because every quest ive gotten where I need to go in a cave or dungeon I get beat by whatevers inside a few times before I succeed.

BUT, i must know, does lowering the difficulty have ANY negative affect on the game whatsoever?

You should be fine, you can even change difficulty mid-fight.

Dice

Clevinger said:
Nazeem is such a dickhead. I wonder if he's related to any quest.
HO, HO, OH WHAT AM I SAYING OF COURSE YOU HAVEN'T

When I'm confident I can one-shot-kill him in his sleep, he's dead.

Wanace

Zeliard said:
I dread going home.

HELLO MY THANE
Every time I step into Markarth I have to hear: "WELL IF IT ISNT MY FAVORITE DRINKING BUDDY"

I'm going to off that bastard. I bought you a drink ONCE, to make you go away. Get drunk and die in the gutter!

sixghost

Cloudius12 said:
On a different save file, I killed the Dark Brotherhood member and cut the rope of all 3. Not sure if it escalate any further though
If I wasn't so interested in doing the DB quest line, that probably what I would have tried. That would be awesome if they fucking hunt you down for the rest of the game, or just kill you in your sleep

Volimar

Cryptozoologist said:
Every time I step into Markarth I have to hear: "WELL IF IT ISNT MY FAVORITE DRINKING BUDDY"

I'm going to off that bastard. I bought you a drink ONCE, to make you go away. Get drunk and die in the gutter!

Wow. It IS just like real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom