• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
GeoramA said:
Bilegulch Mine

Also, the smiths in Whiterun have a good amount of Orichalcum ingots to sell. It's where I made my Orc armor and looks awesome.
The blacksmith couple in Whiterun (next-door to my house) are like old friends of mine now. I always use their forge and buy and sell supplies with them.

I feel like I know these people now...what a great game.

Meier

carfo said:
Thank you so much, they should just leave that off by default, or at least have some kind of "Saving" logo to let people know what's happening. I do need to go through the settings again.
It does indicate it in the top left corner of the screen although it's slightly greyed out as it's on a layer "behind" the screen pop-up so to speak.

I noticed it last night and it made a lot of sense.

Phreaker

Salaadin said:
When do you stop earning perks? 50? Do you ever hit a point where you get 2 perks per level? And Im also guessing that theres no re-spec either until someone mods that in?

The strat guide says about 80, when all your skills are at 100 you no longer earn any skill points.

ShinNL

bengraven said:
Modded the game a bit already: removed blocky faces, smoother skins, fps optimizer, and the saturation/AA mod.

Still looks eh sometimes, but whatever.
Do stuff like these block achievements? I want the non-block face one, but I keep wondering about how the situation is with mods and achievements.

Trasher

darkpaladinmfc said:
81 is the highest level.
Where'd you read that? This is what I found:
The game will have a level cap of 50 however game director Todd Howard stated that the games "mathematical" level cap is 70. One big difference is that you no longer set out a group of major skills versus minor skills. All skills are treated the same, and all skills contribute towards leveling up.

Lakitu

st5fu
Just completed the
Bloodlet Throne quest and killed the leader. Those vampires are tough when there are like 8 of them bum rushing you and at the same time you're trying to avoid contracting some disease of them. That place was fucking creepy. My Elven Shield of Magic Resistance came in handy. Also Fire Breath shout fucks them up.

For those that are mentioning Blackreach, I've not been there yet, but is it some other name for the
Labyrinthian?

scy

Trasher said:
Where'd you read that? This is what I found:

People have raised skills to the max and gotten to Level 81 (.5-ish) for 80 total perks. I'll try raising myself to Level 49 and seeing if I can manually get to 50+ to see if it's a console related thing (i.e., no skill gain after Level 50 that console raising is bypassing) but I'm pretty sure it's been proven that there's no actual Level 50 cap, despite what was said pre-release.

anddo0

The Lamonster said:
My only gripe with this game so far is the same gripe I had in Oblivion.

Every other quest = venture into a giant cave.

Agreed. Need to be more outdoor fights like with the dragons. Some of the missions are there just as fill ins. I just finished a quest for the companions that took a little over a minute. The trip was longer than the actual quest.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Earlier:
ibw23v99QYVqYp.jpg

Then, the hardest fight of my poor argonian's life.

Now!

Fuck that guy.

Phreaker

mujun said:
BTW, 360 version, anyone else get regular freezing the B button menus and favorite menu, sometimes for up to 2 or 3 seconds.

That is probably when it is autosaving. I believe there is a setting to change the amount of time you want it to autosave when going to the menu. IRRC, the default was 10 or 15 minutes. What I took that to mean was every time you went into the menu at 15 minutes had gone by since you last went into the menu it would autosave. (You can see it on the HUD "Autosaving..." in the upper left when you enter the menus.)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mechanized said:
How many saves do you guys have? I'm up around 300 at 30 hours played.
I do a lot of quick saves and and copy over my old saves pretty often. I'm at 26 hours, and I have 29 saves.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is it my imagination or was Yngol Barrow (where you use the coral dragon claw) the first dragon claw Barrow NOT to have a Word of Power in it?

I went forwards and backwards several times through Yngol Barrow and never found a word of power.

Blizzard

Banned
One thing that would be nice for a UI mod would be an option to sort by weight. I mean, I know iron stuff weighs a lot, but especially as I gather more obscure things, it would be nice if I could easily grab the heavy stuff instead of going past 30 potion ingredients first.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I asked this last night, hoping someone can help. I've lost one of my companions:

Right before doing the transformation quest for the Companions, I told the female mage I met in Darklight tower that we had to part ways. She said she was going home if I needed her. An hour later I went to my house, and she wasn't there. I went to Darklight tower and she wasn't there. Anyone have any idea where she might have gone?

mkenyon

Banned
I don't want to be that lame guy, but I'm gonna do it anyway. Met Vex, decided she'd be the lucky one to start cooking me meals. However, I find out she is not one of the NPC's that can't be married. Any of the available ones similar to her?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Toki767 said:
Is there a point in killing random dragons? I killed one and absorbed its soul but I didn't seem to get anything out of it.
Uh, they drop lots of stuff and you get to unlock another ability.

gbooster

Neo Member
The Lamonster said:
The blacksmith couple in Whiterun (next-door to my house) are like old friends of mine now. I always use their forge and buy and sell supplies with them.

I feel like I know these people now...what a great game.

Me too! And they seem to feel the same way. They have started giving me gifts of potions when I visit as a neighborly gesture, and of course for the thousands of gold I have spent on their wares.

This game is blowing my mind. There is so much cool stuff to find.

One part I have done in particular which was really awesome was the quest with Eola. The quest with her is so dark and twisted! I highly recommend it!

thetrin

Toki767 said:
Is there a point in killing random dragons? I killed one and absorbed its soul but I didn't seem to get anything out of it.
Scales and bones worth hundreds of gold and a soul to unlock a new shout isn't enough for you?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't know how to reveal this without spoiling something for someone, so I will do increased levels of spoiler and you will know if you should stop or not.

Confidential mission related to Riverwood bar.

From "A friend"

Off to Kynesgrove and...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT A NECROMANCER DRAGON AND I'M TALKING TO THEM WHILE FIGHTING BEST GAME EVARRR

Toki767

Dance In My Blood said:
Uh, they drop lots of stuff and you get to unlock another ability.
I know they drop stuff, but I didn't unlock a new ability. It seems like only the dragons that are actually named give you shouts.

dimb

Toki767 said:
I know they drop stuff, but I didn't unlock a new ability. It seems like only the dragons that are actually named give you shouts.
You still get a soul to unlock another shout/power up a shout. Shouts aren't related to killing specific dragons, they're just stuff you find in the world on those stone slabs. I've found them in places with no dragons.

Noaloha

angelfly said:
I really wish you could look at items in the house chests sorted like in your inventory.
This was an issue of mine immediately. I quickly removed everything and dished items out into specific containers, each for a different type of item. Up the stairs, I have miscellaneous weapons in the Drawers in the guest room, armour in the Cabinet just to the right. All smithing items are in the Cabinet in the kitchen. All books I can't fit on the bookshelf are in the Sack to the left of the front door. Shit that I'm hoarding to sell as soon as stores have the gold replenished goes in the Drawers opposite the bookshelf. All ingredients go in the Apothecary's Satchel, all potions I want to keep go in the Cabinet facing the alchemy table. I don't actually use the Chest in my bedroom!

Slermy

gbooster said:
One part I have done in particular which was really awesome was the quest with Eola. The quest with her is so dark and twisted! I highly recommend it!

She is
one of my favorite followers. She can be chosen as a follower if you go follow through with the sacrifice and let the cult live

anddo0

So I guess the companion missions are infinite after all. I just did yet another 'Animal Extraction'.... Walked into a house, killed an ice wrath, quest over, 300 gold score.

Mr_eX

I'm getting annoyed with Lydia, are there better companions? There was this elf lady at the College of Winterhold that turned me into a horse(and a few other things) that I can have as my companion, is she any better?

Blizzard

Banned
Silly yes/no question since I am seeing mixed information but don't want major spoilers: Can you marry Lydia or is there something that prevents this? (spoiler the answer if you like)

dimb

Blizzard said:
Silly yes/no question since I am seeing mixed information but don't want major spoilers: Can you marry Lydia or is there something that prevents this? (spoiler the answer if you like)
Yes, but why would you?

markot

Banned
Blizzard said:
I think there is a glitch that makes her unavailable, need to use console to make it possible.

I walked from Whiterun to the northwest yesterday. Pulled off into some random tower and was attacked by bandits. Ran into a situation involving a cage....

Then I saw there was a locked up hagraven. So, I let her out and she didn't go after me, but, went and killed her sister for stealing her tower. Then she gave me a staff for being so damn nice and helpful.

I thought she was a vampire at first. And I also tried to kill her at first, too. But, then I figured I'd just let her out and see what she would do.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Mr_eX said:
I'm getting annoyed with Lydia, are there better companions? There was this elf lady at the College of Winterhold that turned me into a horse(and a few other things) that I can have as my companion, is she any better?

Honestly, I've had two random companions. One was a guy who I helped invade a tomb with, and another was a lady who worked at a mining town. The chick from the mining town died in a dragon battle, but the random Nord whom I invaded a tomb with has been pretty beast. He's good with a bow and can handle himself in melee while I chill in back.

gdt

I got to Whiterun, did some quest killing a bandit, explored the area, stayed the hell away from those Giants, and got back to talk to the Jarl. Put a few more quests-to-be-solved in my journal too. Now I guess we're going to fight a dragon.

Any general tips for this early part of the game?

Forkball

What's the point of rings, necklaces, circlets etc? I can craft a bunch of silver rings with different jewels but they don't give me any stat bonuses.

Blizzard

Banned
Forkball said:
What's the point of rings, necklaces, circlets etc? I can craft a bunch of silver rings with different jewels but they don't give me any stat bonuses.
I had just assumed they were decorative and been selling them for gold so far.

Ponti said:
Even DarN is going to be hard pressed in turning this UI into something somewhat functional on PC.
What concrete suggestions would you recommend? The UI has been quite functional for me so far, and I'm glad the mouse wheel works in it. There could be more options, and the biggest bug I have encountered is that sometimes the wrong dialogue option gets selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom