• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
bonesmccoy said:
I've been decimated by each dragon I've faced. Apart from the first you fight, my next two 'kills' came via each dragon having the misfortune of attacking me near a giant camp. The big guys take care of the dragon, and then I take care of the big guys. Sorry fellas!

I think my problem is my load-out. I usually stumble blindly into these fights without the proper resistance and health potions. For a 2H focused character, who's going to take a lot of damage, this is a very bad idea.

Thing is, you NEVER know when you're going to run into a dragon! ;)

As an archer, I naturally carry around a lot of potions and poisons, it just so happened that I finished killing a Blood Dragon not terribly long before this, so I hadn't gone back to my home to unload and restock. But that's just the nature of the beast. I still had a few poisons on me, and one Archery Elixir, so that worked out for me.

But pretty much the way I look at the more difficult dragon fights (or multiple mage fights) is that you have to work with whatever you have around you. Hills, walls, random wildlife, your horse, etc. That's why it's fun though. Every dragon fight will be hugely different from the last if for no other reason than your location.

bonesmccoy said:
I've been decimated by each dragon I've faced. Apart from the first you fight, my next two 'kills' came via each dragon having the misfortune of attacking me near a giant camp. The big guys take care of the dragon, and then I take care of the big guys. Sorry fellas!

I think my problem is my load-out. I usually stumble blindly into these fights without the proper resistance and health potions. For a 2H focused character, who's going to take a lot of damage, this is a very bad idea.
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lord_Stone

Go get this. You will be much more robust and tanky with that effect.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That frost dragon gave me hell too. I killed him by Force pushing him off the cliff and pelting him while he tried to climb up the rock face.

Dizzy-4U

I can kill dragons, bears, trolls and giants no problem. But that electromancer woman in one dungeon (
from the quest where you get drunk
) was a really pain in the ass. I tried like 20 times till I finally beat her.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hawkian said:
That frost dragon gave me hell too. I killed him by Force pushing him off the cliff and pelting him while he tried to climb up the rock face.

I didn't even know you could do that to dragons. I seldom use my shouts, but after dying from him landing DIRECTLY in front of me like, 5 times, I decided I would try Whirlwind out. It apparently has a use.

JambiBum said:
Do you stop gaining perks after 50?

Nope.

Found some Janky ass jank, in the quest where you go snooping around looking for who is running the forsworn, when you go back to that temple after you finish the quest the guards that take you to the mine are still there. And the dude that tells you to steal the statue from the all women temple disappears after I do it. Jank jank jank

Duki

Banned
shouts and using shields is the best thing about dragon fights

feels so right blocking their flames and then shouting them down with your owns words and slamming their head in with a mace

literally the best way to play

level cap is 81, thats what you get to when all your skills are lvl 100

you dont have to get even near it to beat the game, leveling up is far faster at the start than near the end as youve decided what skills to focus on

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Is there a place to stash your horses? I got two back-to-back from questing. I'd like to just place them somewhere at this point, I don't really need them.

scy

Sheesh. Longest random dungeon I've ever seen so far, located not far from
Riften; directly north of it. Tovald's Cave for the dungeon name
. Culminated in the start of some quest involving
Meridia and the Dawnbreaker sword
. This game, man ... this game.

I did figure out some more things with companion murdering, though. Friendly fire in general will off them (which includes your summons, pesky Atronachs kept sniping Lydia in the back of the head) and Lingering Damage effects. Dungeon was filled with things that had poisoned weapons and the DoT from it would tick away even after Lydia kneeled down. Caused many a death for her and I spent a good chunk of time just heal spamming her throughout once I figured out what was causing it.

Wallach

mxgt said:
Level cap is 50? I'm 32 and have barely done anything lol

Glad you can still get more perks after

Technically it's 81, but at 50 the rate at which you will gain levels supposedly slows down significantly.

angelfly

Duki said:
shouts and using shields is the best thing about dragon fights

feels so right blocking their flames and then shouting them down with your owns words and slamming their head in with a mace

literally the best way to play
Magic in one hand and a sword in the other is the only way I roll.

Thieves guild quest
Do I get in trouble if I kill the guy who owns the bee estate? He saw me when i went for his key so he had to die

angelfly

Ostinatto said:
how can i get rid of my bounty?

i dont wanna pay nothing and i wanna keep my stolen goods
Can't you stash them and then go to jail? I thought only the stolen items that you had on you were taken.

bengraven

D7qiL.jpg

G9NcR.gif

r1chard

OK, so I went off on a quest by myself and came back the next day to find Lydia had wandered off in boredom. Is there any chance I can get her back? :-(

Kingbrave

Ah, poor Lydia, you battled the Frost Troll and well he won. I shall tip out a mug of ale in thy honor...I'm sorry for what I did to your naked corpse...oops!

Plasmid

Kingbrave said:
Ah, poor Lydia, you fault the Frost Troll and well he won. I shall tip out a mug of ale in thy honor...I'm sorry for what I did to your naked corpse...oops!

HE KILLED MY LYDIA TOO!

:(((.

Dresden

Sneak levels up so fast. I think half my levels came from it. Nearing 100 now, I'll see if the Shadow Warrior perk is as overpowered as it looks!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Lover Stone seems a much better deal than any of the three "class" stones. Am I missing anything?

I use stuff from a lot of different trees so I think I'll roll with it for a while. Thanks, drunken quest!

Wanace

Simo said:
So I've had this arrow bolt lodged in my chest for a while and after saving and reloading...it's still there. It will go away eventually...right?

Check your inventory. If you're shot with arrows they sometimes make their way into your inventory, I think if you sell/drop them it will come off your model.

Grinchy

Banned
Even at 60 freakin dollars for a download, I couldn't resist. I'm 8% in on my download and I can't wait to start playing. This will probably be the last game I buy for a while.

Trasher

Dresden said:
Sneak levels up so fast. I think half my levels came from it. Nearing 100 now, I'll see if the Shadow Warrior perk is as overpowered as it looks!
Speaking of sneak...is it a sort of balancing act between sneak and pickpocketing in order to be successful at pickpocketing? Like what's more important: Light Fingers or Stealth?

anddo0

Wallach said:
Technically it's 81, but at 50 the rate at which you will gain levels supposedly slows down significantly.

So this is confirmed, perks continue after level 50?

I'm level 29, sitting on 6 unused perks. I was actually kinda worried that I was leveling too fast. The lovers stone really sped things up.

bengraven

Hawkian said:
What, um... huh?

That's a kid and the dialogue choice they gave me is really fucking creepy. I picture a 40 year old bald man with a pencil thin mustace and thick glasses saying that, not my Nord super magical thief.

Grinchy said:
Even at 60 freakin dollars for a download, I couldn't resist. I'm 8% in on my download and I can't wait to start playing. This will probably be the last game I buy for a while.
You made a good choice. This game will last you a long time.

Chris R

So I'm hoping someone can help me without being too spoilerish. So at the orphanage in Riften,
the kids mention someone ran away to Windhelm. Except I can't find this other kid, checked most of the houses too. Is the kid there or not? No other into beyond that please :)

Darkman M

rhfb said:
So I'm hoping someone can help me without being too spoilerish. So at the orphanage in Riften,
the kids mention someone ran away to Windhelm. Except I can't find this other kid, checked most of the houses too. Is the kid there or not? No other into beyond that please :)

Yes there is a kid there for sure.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm really confused. My companion is the single most resilient dude on the planet. He's been beat down by multiple Draugh Commanders (or whatever), has tanked 3 Cave Bears, been mauled by a Sabrecat, had huge fireballs chucked at him by high level mages, and just completely shat on by Blood and Frost Dragons.

Why is he still alive and why are everyone else's companions dying to a simple frost troll encounter?

dalin80

Banned
Kicking ass and taking names as a stealthy archer, just entered one dungeon which had one room with 5 necro's and 3 skeletons, one hit killed the lot of them and not one saw me.

Have levelled the magics a good chunk as well so if anyone gets too close I can duel wield flame throwers and kill the average guy in just a few seconds.

Awesome.

Also level 15 and the only dragon I have seen to take on flew away and disappeared, I have a nice list of shouts to unlock but no dragons want to come out and play :(

One question though, how do I increase my carrying capacity? I thought it was through the stamina stat which I have increased by 35 but my capacity has only gone up by 5.

mkenyon

Banned
Married Orla, a Priestess of Dibella. I know, right? However, when I try to get her to move home, she agrees but stays in the temple. Some coding issue is causing her to stay at the Temple rather than go home. I did find the AddFac command, and figured I might be able to remove her faction marker for the Temple of Dibella, but have no idea as to how I can find that id#. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts here?

Blizzard

Banned
Simo said:
So I've had this arrow bolt lodged in my chest for a while and after saving and reloading...it's still there. It will go away eventually...right?
If it's been over three days, you might try doing a double sex change. Someone said there's a sexchange command in the console that can fix character model problems like that, but I haven't tried it at all (haven't had a glitched model yet either).

nicoga3000 said:
Why is he still alive and why are everyone else's companions dying to a simple frost troll encounter?
That frost troll was anything but simple. I had to just run away. (But then again I didn't have a companion with me at the time either.)

Trasher

Corran Horn said:
So currently I raised my sneaking to 80 by doing that sneak trick. Illusion is like 70 by casting muffle over and over. Currently Im jumping on a blacksmith forge to raise my destruction magic and restoration magic but its slow.

Is there any other type of "tricks" to help raise other skills I should know?

-Got to like level 25 from just doing this random shit lol
Yes. I found one today. You can get your speech all of the way up to 100 if you have the patience for it:
Take off for Riften. A guard will be waiting outside the door.
Bribe, persuade, or intimidate the guard to let you inside. When you’re in the town, enter the Black Briar Meadrey. Save your game before continuing.
You’re looking for Ungrien in the tavern. Just wait if he isn’t around, he’ll eventually show up at the bar.
Talk to Ungrien, and choose the “Tell Me About…” speech option. Then choose to Bribe him.
After bribing him, choose the “Tell me About…” speech option again. Now, instead of trying to Bribe him, try to Persuade him.
Choose the Bribe speech option again, whether you succeed or fail trying to Persuade Ungrien doesn’t matter.
Choose the “Tell me About…” option a third time. Then choose the Persuade option for a second time.
Now, just keep choosing the Persuade option. You’ll continue to gain Speech skill points. It’s just that easy.
What's this sneak trick you speak of?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I took down my first giant. I was level 18 or 19 with a mostly melee build. I went to retrieve for
Meridia
in a very small cave, and there was a giant guarding the chest. I didn't have a lot of room to maneuver, so either my defense was sufficient to not die quickly, or it was a low level giant. I'll go hunt some other giants tomorrow to see.

Also, I'm not seeing what the big deal is about Blood Dragons. I've already fought two of them and neither gave me any trouble. Granted I'm playing on the default difficulty, but they still felt like normal dragon fights to me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
DidntKnowJack said:
That frost troll was anything but simple. I had to just run away. (But then again I didn't have a companion with me at the time either.)

Stated more for effect ;)

But really, my companion has taken the beating of his life. I wonder if I have a companion who literally cannot die. It was an optional goal for a quest to protect him, so he should be mortal, but I'm seriously beginning to think this dude is some other worldy Nordic badass.

I mean, I'm not complaining...I've grown to quite like him and will be really sad if he ever dies, haha.

Anteater

Man, some random archer and the mage guy in
Swindler's den was kicking my ass, one fire blast to the face or an arrow would kill me :(
The leader was actually easier but I chose to help him instead (since he doesn't seem to have loot :lol

Is the Morokei mask glitched for anyone else? Ever since I upgraded it (or at least that's when I noticed it), it turns my face invisible.

Wallach said:
Supposedly saving then reloading will fix that.
Ah, that works. Thanks.

Wallach

Basileus777 said:
Is the Morokei mask glitched for anyone else? Ever since I upgraded it (or at least that's when I noticed it), it turns my face invisible.

Supposedly saving then reloading will fix that.

Tenck

Seriously fuck this game.I had hundreds of items worth thousands upon thousands gold coins. Left them in the damn Winterhold college room since you know, it's my room. Turns out everyone helped themselves to my stuff. If I don't get a house soon, I will murder someone.

CyReN

Anybody have trouble with the map? For some reason I have random areas constantly selected on the map, keep selecting random areas somehow. Wish they would have done something more friendly like Fallout 3. Maybe it's just me, but again this is a very very minor problem for me. Still GOTY by far.

Tenck said:
Seriously fuck this game.I had hundreds of items worth thousands upon thousands gold coins. Left them in the damn Winterhold college room since you know, it's my room. Turns out everyone helped themselves to my stuff. If I don't get a house soon, I will murder someone.

What I did, yea I know it's cheap.

Corran Horn said:
So currently I raised my sneaking to 80 by doing that sneak trick. Illusion is like 70 by casting muffle over and over. Currently Im jumping on a blacksmith forge to raise my destruction magic and restoration magic but its slow.

Is there any other type of "tricks" to help raise other skills I should know?

-Got to like level 25 from just doing this random shit lol

You actually have fun playing the game like that? Might as well just edit your .ini file and raise all your stats. I never understand people who lime to glitch their way to higher levels in games, seems like it takes any sense of accomplishment away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom