• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpeedingUptoStop said:
NOOOOOOO, she's got all mah stuff and she's a bad ass.
Quoting The Elder Scrolls Wiki:

There is currently a bug where you can't marry her, even if you have the Amulet of Mara. This can be bypassed by using the console, clicking on her then typing Addfac 19809 1. Then talking to her with the amulet of mara equipped.

If you're not on PC, you're out of luck. Sorry.

The Chef

Im starting to get a little concerned - Im at level 25 and feel like I still have a LONG way to go with the skills I want to master. (Archery, Sneak, Light Armor, One Hand) but I feel like there is no way I am going to be able to achieve this considering im already half way to the level cap.

Should I be worried?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I need some quick advice regarding the PS3 version. I know from the Digital Foundry write-up that the 360 version is superior, and I have a $50 Kmart coupon that I've been saving for Skyrim, but they're clean out of 360 versions. They ran out of Uncharted 3 the day after release and they still have not gotten any more copies, so I'm not hopeful of a restock anytime soon. Problem is they only have 2 PS3 copies of Skyrim left.

My question is, is it worth buying the PS3 version? I heard it becomes nigh unplayable when your save game exceeds 5 MB, and I don't want to get a game that will become useless to me once I pass a certain threshold. I'm planning to make a decision in the next few hours to make sure I can nab a copy, so any feedback from PS3 users would be much appreciated. :)

The Chef said:
Im starting to get a little concerned - Im at level 25 and feel like I still have a LONG way to go with the skills I want to master. (Archery, Sneak, Light Armor, One Hand) but I feel like there is no way I am going to be able to achieve this considering im already half way to the level cap.

Should I be worried?
Consolidate your skills. A jack of all trades is a master of none.

AngryMoth

The amount of content is so ridiculous. I'm 45 hours in (easily the longest I've ever spent with a single player game), and I don't think I'm even half way through all the stuff I want to do.

And this is coming from someone who absolutely HATED Fallout 3. It may dethrone Portal 2 as my GOTY. Never been so addicted to anything :lol

MrBig

The Chef said:

Should I be worried?
Cap is in the 70s, when you max out all skills to 100. Nothing to worry about beyond scaling.

Blizzard

Banned
The Chef said:

Should I be worried?
There's no level 50 level cap. You can get up to about 80 total perks, and up to about level 81 player level if you max all your skills to level 100, so they say.

Has anyone seen the red skill glitch (?) on archery or whatever, when they already had the skill at level 100? Is there any way to fix it if so?

anddo0

Cannibalism- so I
Finished the quest, didn't really want to kill/eat the guy.. Will joining the covenant have a negative impact on me? will others notice?

newsguy

bitoriginal said:
Seriously, Red Eagle. Shit was tough.
I lucked out so much there.
when the huge group of undead rose I tried to do a shout. Instead in my panic i equipped some spell that makes the undead fight for you. So all i ended up fighting was the boss himself while all the other guys killed themselves.

Zeliard

Valygar said:
The first one I found could kill me with a shot in the head (or anywhere). If I got into a melee fight with him, he needed 2-3 hits!. I needed like 20-30 hits to kill him, and I reloaded a lot. I just went outside of his melee range, he switched to bow, and before he could shot, circled around him while hitting with the daggers until he switched to axe again, repeat, try not to be hit :S. Too difficult, because of the insta-death by arrow.

But well, he had a magic ebony bow and I was level 15, so I'm not complaining.

The Draugr Death Overlord I faced was an aggressive melee guy who was using (and dropped) an Ebony Sword. I faced him at level 17 on Master difficulty and he was by far - by FAR - the roughest enemy so far.

My battle with him featured me and my companion (who is a Conjurer) both summoning pets and shooting various magic at the guy with his health bar going down depressingly slowly.

And I would basically do everything to keep him from aggro'ing on me since he would just one-shot the shit out of me even with Stoneflesh on. I had to rely on the pets and the companion to distract him, but they would inevitably fall since he hits so hard.

So then I'd be running around trying to avoid the Draugr who was then focused on me, using shouts and other things on him to try and buy some space and time, while at the same time trying to get to my companion to use Healing Hands on her so she gets up. Had to do that a few times.

Awesome fucking fight. Tense and varied. Asshole killed my horse, though.

Firebrand

Can you get new smithing recipes beyond what the perks unlock? I had made two nice sets of dwarven armor for me and Lydia when I stumble upon... Steel Plate Armor. I want to make that!

Also realized that while you may need a perk to improve enchanted items, you don't need a perk to enchant improved items. Don't know if I'll get the perk, I guess I'll have to see what magical items I stumble across.

Cudder

I'm at like 20 hours or so and only just now defeated the first dragon outside Whiterun. I can get so caught up doing random shit in this game it's unbelievable.

I'm now doing a quest that I got in Whiterun that's requiring me to basically go to one of the edges of Skyrim, far far away. I napped for 8 hours, strapped on some armour, and set out on foot to try and find this place, ready for any danger and awaiting any adventures that get in the way while I trek.

I love this game.

PS. The free house trick in Whiterun works flawlessly.(PS3 version)

RyanDG

ilnadmy said:
My question is, is it worth buying the PS3 version? I heard it becomes nigh unplayable when your save game exceeds 5 MB, and I don't want to get a game that will become useless to me once I pass a certain threshold. I'm planning to make a decision in the next few hours to make sure I can nab a copy, so any feedback from PS3 users would be much appreciated. :)

I'm 36 hours in and my save file is a bit over 7-8 mb right now. Extended play times at this point do result in stuttering and frame rate drops (usually if I try to push it over the 2 hour mark). Load times have also gotten worse.

I wouldn't say that the game would be unplayable though. It's just a situation of once I get to that point, I delete former autosaves, turn off the PS3 and give it a little break. It starts back up without a problem after I do that.

Unplayable is really going to be determined by how many times you'll be sitting down and playing the game for over 2 hours in single sittings. If you do that frequently, you may be better off with another version.

Just my experience so far.

Tenck

ilnadmy said:
Hey guys, I need some quick advice regarding the PS3 version. I know from the Digital Foundry write-up that the 360 version is superior, and I have a $50 Kmart coupon that I've been saving for Skyrim, but they're clean out of 360 versions. They ran out of Uncharted 3 the day after release and they still have not gotten any more copies, so I'm not hopeful of a restock anytime soon. Problem is they only have 2 PS3 copies of Skyrim left.

25+ hours and level 11 and I haven't encountered this problem. Try it out and before you know it a patch should be out.

Cetra

I keep hearing about marriage but haven't had the opportunity yet to see it. But I do wonder, if gay marriage is allowed in Skyrim?

Victrix said:
Someone explain to me how the population of Skyrim hasn't all died of exposure yet

Cold means nothing to the Nords. They don't even feel that shit. I don't know whay the other races aren't dead of exposure though.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
RyanDG said:
I'm 36 hours in and my save file is a bit over 7-8 mb right now. Extended play times at this point do result in stuttering and frame rate drops (usually if I try to push it over the 2 hour mark). Load times have also gotten worse.

I wouldn't say that the game would be unplayable though. It's just a situation of once I get to that point, I delete former autosaves, turn off the PS3 and give it a little break. It starts back up without a problem after I do that.

Unplayable is really going to be determined by how many times you'll be sitting down and playing the game for over 2 hours in single sittings. If you do that frequently, you may be better off with another version.

Just my experience so far.

Hmm OK thanks for the input. I've just seen videos where the framerate is literally horrendous, so that scared me.

RyanDG

So... I'm convinced that all of the children in the game are possessed by some sort of daedric entity. It's the only way I can explain that they could survive a fire shout (accidental - I swear) without taking any damage.

FStop7

Banned
I'm bored at work, I've done everything I can do for the day, it's fucking FREEZING at my desk, I just want to go home and get my Skyrim on.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Man, I really hate it when dragons show up then just fly away, even when you shoot/shout at them to get their attention.

40 hours in, and the only cities I've been to are Whiterun, Windhelm, Solitude and Riften. That's fewer than half, plus I have most of the small towns left to explore, AND all the countryside in between.

Add to that the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Mages, Bards, civil war, and main quest, and I'm looking at a VERY long playtime.

Slermy

anddo0 said:
Cannibalism- so I
Finished the quest, didn't really want to kill/eat the guy.. Will joining the covenant have a negative impact on me? will others notice?

It's fine,
just don't do it in town
. Also, you could have
alternatively attacked the cult instead of killing him; that will also complete the quest

scy

BigJonsson said:
Glitched guy?

Bit late but there's a guy in Riften (the Meadery, the Dark Elf at the counter) that you can Persuade infinitely. For some reason.

The Chef said:
So does this mean I can get anything/everything to level 100?

You can level all the skills to 100. This will get you to around Level 81; supposedly, Level 50 is when the game stops scaling with you but I'm not certain on that. Also, Levels 51-81 take a bit more to level.

Victrix

*beard*
Trent Strong said:
Cold means nothing to the Nords. They don't even feel that shit. I don't know whay the other races aren't dead of exposure though.

Someone needs to make a mod that auto-kills anyone you encounter who is non-Nord and not wearing enough

You just roam the wastes, watching people keel over from frostbite

DB Hand Wraps vs Gloves:
So when you get the DB armor, next to it is more armor you can take.

The gloves you get give double backstab damage
The hand wraps on the table you get give double one handed sneak damage

So I am assuming daggers = backstab and other weapon attacks don't count within those?

The Chef

scy said:
You can level all the skills to 100. This will get you to around Level 81; supposedly, Level 50 is when the game stops scaling with you but I'm not certain on that. Also, Levels 51-81 take a bit more to level.

Ok thats fantastic. Thanks for the info!

MrBig

The Chef said:
So does this mean I can get anything/everything to level 100?
The cap is getting all skills to 100.

I got an edit of the leveling algorithm to slow it down, since I've been leveling inordinately fast.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Tenck said:
25+ hours and level 11 and I haven't encountered this problem. Try it out and before you know it a patch should be out.

As much as I'd like to believe that, from what everyone else has said, there was never such a patch for the same problem on every other Bethesda game on PS3.

KingK

I'm about 35 hours into the PS3 version and I do notice some really bad framerate drops sometimes, almost all of which happen in Whiterun so far. It usually fixes itself if I just stop moving for a second though, for some reason.

Dice

Victrix said:
Someone needs to make a mod that auto-kills anyone you encounter who is non-Nord and not wearing enough

You just roam the wastes, watching people keel over from frostbite
Yessss. Khajiit could survive because of their fur but everyone else must bundle up or die in the harsher areas.

Tenck

DarthWoo said:
As much as I'd like to believe that, from what everyone else has said, there was never such a patch for the same problem on every other Bethesda game on PS3.

What?!?!?! I usually play over 2 hours :/

I don't want to double dip on Skyrim :'(

so, after escaping the first town I decided to explore and do side quests and figured it was fine. I was talking to one of my students today who was asking about the game and how far I got and when I told him all the dragon words I had he was shocked at my ability to kill dragons. I haven't even seen a dragon yet (besides the games opening).

Dice

Ghost Rider said:
so, after escaping the first town I decided to explore and do side quests and figured it was fine. I was talking to one of my students today who was asking about the game and how far I got and when I told him all the dragon words I had he was shocked at my ability to kill dragons. I haven't even seen a dragon yet (besides the games opening).
Uhhh... there should be a dragon at every word site. Also, you shouldn't be able to activate them without getting dragon souls first. Are you playing on some special "little bitch" difficulty level?

brentech

Dice said:
Uhhh... there should be a dragon at every word site. Also, you shouldn't be able to activate them without getting dragon souls first. Are you playing on some special "little bitch" difficulty level?
About this. I have like 5 different shouts, but only 2 actually usable (both learned at the training).
I've killed like 5-6 dragons I think, maybe more. Not really sure. Do I need to do something specific to make my other shouts usable, or will that simply happen on its own at some point.

castlegar

brentech said:
About this. I have like 5 different shouts, but only 2 actually usable (both learned at the training).
I've killed like 5-6 dragons I think, maybe more. Not really sure. Do I need to do something specific to make my other shouts usable, or will that simply happen on its own at some point.

You have to 'spend' your dragon souls to get access to them. Highlight the shout you want to unlock, press X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom