• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo-Fu

Banned
AiTM said:
I have alot of points built up, still cant decide if smithing is worth it. I want to put points in it, but I keep putting it off because everyone who does it later on seems to feel it was a waste, it takes up like 10 perk points or so.

If you get your damage from weapons smithing is easily worth it. Full smithing, +smithing potions, +smithing items = increasing the damage of most weapons by a 100% or more.

Thing is, once you've made your uber gear all those perk points just sit there unused. Then again, you could make that gear, then give yourself a respec with player.removeperk and player.addperk if you're on PC. ;)

Arjen said:
I'm 25 hours in and haven't been on a horse for a second.

I only use horses for mountain climbing. They're godlike for that.

Rimfya said:
Do Enchantments stack when equipped? Or do they max out at 100% or not stack at all?

Say I'm wearing robes that recharge Magicka 100% faster, and a hat that does as well. Does that mean it recharges 200% faster?
As far as I am aware yes they do stack. But I've not tried myself so I could be wrong.

Maybrick

Neo Member
cackhyena said:
Oh, so duder is supposed to be dead? I mean, I tried to see where it went and went outside, but the main Imperial just mentioned that I should join.

Yeah I think he is suppose to be dead. Have you tried talking to one of the Markarth guards?

Mojojo

Is there a known bug with some quests in Windhelm ?
The Blood on the Ice series. I had it on a character I scrapped, now with my Nord, who has done all the stormcloacks quests, the murder quest never triggered, and i have visited Windhelm hundred of times...And because of that, I can't purchase a house in the town :(

pahamrick said:
Personally, I've been enjoying smithing just for the ability to upgrade the armor and weapons. Found a few random items that increase the skill so now I've got a Sky-Forged Steel Greatswo that does just over 100 damage.

I'm quite happy with my enchanting/smithing combo. It gave me something to work toward and allows me to faceroll my way through groups of giants/mammoths on master difficulty.

Duki

Banned
AiTM said:
I have alot of points built up, still cant decide if smithing is worth it. I want to put points in it, but I keep putting it off because everyone who does it later on seems to feel it was a waste, it takes up like 10 perk points or so.
it and enchanting are basically the two most overpowered perk trees imo, smithing more if youre going melee though

with how easy it is to cheese to 100 you can totally get full dragon/daedric/ebony armour and weapons at pretty low levels, and upgrade them to legendary level

Woo-Fu

Banned
Mojojo said:
The Blood on the Ice series. I had it on a character I scrapped, now with my Nord, who has done all the stormcloacks quests, the murder quest never triggered, and i have visited Windhelm hundred of times...And because of that, I can't purchase a house in the town :(

I have the same problem, I expect the cause is this:

one of the Dark Brotherhood quests is killing The Butcher. Since I did that before he got around to killing the lady from the inn that starts The Blood on the Ice quest it never happens and I can't buy the house.

I'm going to resurrect him with console commands and see if the quest will trigger.

It's starting to get hard to find interesting quests now for my honorable nord warrior. I'd like a guild where I don't have to steal from and murder innocent people. Haven't completed the Companion guild either since they wanted me to go through with things my warrior wasn't really cool with :).

cackhyena

Maybrick said:
Yeah I think he is suppose to be dead. Have you tried talking to one of the Markarth guards?
I did, but they just gave me warnings about not stealing stuff. I guess I look the part of a thief. I'm not sure if I talked to the head imperial, though. I'll give it a shot. It's just different than any other quest I've been on in that there isn't dialogue choices or anything indicating this is the next step in the quest.

There's a guy on the second floor of one of the mage's college bedrooms who sells 2 daedra hearts every day or so. I used daedric armour for a while but I didn't really like the look of it, plus I found better stuff so it's mostly gone now.

Mairu

Mojojo said:
I got the same issue. I couldn't find a way to fix it. I tried many different things that I saw on gamefaqs & such about possible ways of triggering the quest. I also have a few quests in my journal that are impossible to complete unless they patch some sort of fix in. I hate having those quests there :(

Duki

Banned
faulty_fork said:
It's starting to get hard to find interesting quests now for my honorable nord warrior. I'd like a guild where I don't have to steal from and murder innocent people. Haven't completed the Companion guild either since they wanted me to go through with things my warrior wasn't really cool with :).
lol good luck playing half the game

they make you be a right bastard for a lot of quests

Luthos

Duki said:

yea the worst part is that you either be a bastard, or just leave the quest at that moment and it just sits there. There aren't a lot of optional ways to finish them. And I don't mean I want a morality system or anything. But an option other than murderizing everything in sight would be nice.

Maybrick

Neo Member
cackhyena said:
I did, but they just gave me warnings about not stealing stuff. I guess I look the part of a thief. I'm not sure if I talked to the head imperial, though. I'll give it a shot. It's just different than any other quest I've been on in that there isn't dialogue choices or anything indicating this is the next step in the quest.

I'm playing a thief and I managed to get it going.

I'm assuming you killed the 3 Imperials that were around the dudes dead body? I can't remember if there is something on the dead guys corpse you need to loot? Some sort of note maybe??

Embarrasingly I have a game guide (which in my defense was bought for me as a birthday present). I'll have a look through it and see if it gives more details about it...

Duki said:

Haha I know, I think I will finish off the main quest now and then go and do some of the more morally questionable things that I have avoided thus far. I did some of the thieves guild quests, imagining that I was infiltrating them lol.

Luthos said:
yea the worst part is that you either be a bastard, or just leave the quest at that moment and it just sits there. There aren't a lot of optional ways to finish them. And I don't mean I want a morality system or anything. But an option other than murderizing everything in sight would be nice.
You know it. That's one of the things this game could've done better.

cackhyena

Maybrick said:
I'm playing a thief and I managed to get it going.

I'm assuming you killed the 3 Imperials that were around the dudes dead body? I can't remember if there is something on the dead guys corpse you need to loot? Some sort of note maybe??

Embarrasingly I have a game guide (which in my defense was bought for me as a birthday present). I'll have a look through it and see if it gives more details about it...
I'll have a look through it and see if it gives more details about it...[/QUOTE]
I actually didn't bother them. I only looted a few things, but I can't remember a note or anything on him. It's cool, I'll figure it out. Appreciate the help. If you say it is supposed to go down that way, then it'll work out.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
making enemies fight with each other and then backstab them with 30x dagger damage in the process is delicious.

Does Conjuration level up everytime I summon a familiar or only when they fight? Also destruction... Does it level up if I only spam fire all the time and not hit anything?

Divius

Just found out about the Dragon Priest masks. brb :)

subversus said:
making enemies fight with each other and then backstab them with 30x dagger damage in the process is delicious.
Hw7Zk.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Conjuration + Alteration (for magic shields) + Stealth is a possible/good build, no?

Duki

Banned
will there be like any plot development regarding the dragon priests

like do i find out who they are and what theyre for

i fought some and i had no idea what their significance was, or that they were priests at all let alone dragon priests

the game acted like some crazy shit was going down while i was just slamming some poor old fucker in a mask with my shield

was kind of underwhelming

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
also just had an awesome backstab/stealth moment in some cave (forgot the name) which was a residence of a necromancer with ghost maidens.

so I tried to kill him in the open a few times but he and his maiden were handing my ass to me in like 10 seconds. So I grabbed two elven daggers and
sneaked through the room the back of the throne where he was sitting. Then I noticed a levitating gem nearby and decided to grab it to see what happens. I did it and his maiden attacked him! I took the opportunity and backstabed him with two daggers which killed him instantly and then dealt with the maiden.
That was badass.

Visceir

Woo-Fu said:
I have the same problem, I expect the cause is this:

one of the Dark Brotherhood quests is killing The Butcher. Since I did that before he got around to killing the lady from the inn that starts The Blood on the Ice quest it never happens and I can't buy the house.

I'm going to resurrect him with console commands and see if the quest will trigger.

Dunno about that, I completed alla the DB quests before I finished the Blood on ice quest...also I don't remember killing the butcher in any of the DB quests.

My blood on ice quest triggered when I walked past the cemetary area, that's where the first murder took place.

The only horse I've ever used is the one with blowing red eyes that I got from the dark brotherhood. I tend to avoid them though as I have enough stamina to sprint all the time and it's annoying to constantly get off the horse to kill bandits or whatever is currently attacking me.

Sethos

Banned
Help me Gaffers!

I have a colleague here I want to convince just how awesome Skyrim is. Said what can be said and showed him the trailer. He didn't really dig the trailer as he pointed out, didn't show much and what it did show was pretty staged and didn't really scream 'RPG'.

So to reel him in, a video I can show the guy that shows off the beauty of the game, some RPG elements and some of the 'cool' things - Obviously just some user gameplay would be perfect but everything I find is some dude walking around a town for 30 minutes doing sod all and browsing through apples.

Mojojo said:

Completing the quest isn't a prerequisite for owning a house in Windhelm. I've actually bought the house first with two separate characters, you just can't buy any upgrades until you finish the quest. Buying the house first is actually an easy shortcut to finish the quest, you can bypass everything else by
finding the fliers, talking to viola and then the steward.

AngryMoth

Slackbladder said:
As far as I am aware yes they do stack. But I've not tried myself so I could be wrong.
I tried stacking light armour enchantments. I got plus 15 for one, but the rest were just plus 1. Don't know if thats how it works for all enchantments.

Mastadon

Banned
Sethos said:
Help me Gaffers!

I have a colleague here I want to convince just how awesome Skyrim is. Said what can be said and showed him the trailer. He didn't really dig the trailer as he pointed out, didn't show much and what it did show was pretty staged and didn't really scream 'RPG'.

So to reel him in, a video I can show the guy that shows off the beauty of the game, some RPG elements and some of the 'cool' things - Obviously just some user gameplay would be perfect but everything I find is some dude walking around a town for 30 minutes doing sod all and browsing through apples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZIiDS_RYVY&feature=related

That should do it.

Dice

Woah, big spoilers for anyone who hasn't worked with
the Blades member
in the Riverwood pub a while into the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnNt5MlwAtk

I didn't know you could randomly come across this. That's probably the same dragon I've seen a couple times who is completely uninterested in fighting me. Also LOL @ the kids.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Visceir said:
Dunno about that, I completed alla the DB quests before I finished the Blood on ice quest...also I don't remember killing the butcher in any of the DB quests.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Blood_on_the_Ice

WARNING: If you completed the Dark Brotherhood Questline this quest will NOT work.

They say it is the victim that you kill but I'm pretty sure it is the butcher because they mention butchering the butcher specifically.

voltron

GET THIS............ MOTHER FUCKING GET THIS!!!

I just went into the settings menu to tweak the autosave timer and oh shit, guess what difficulty Ive been playing at.... grinding may way to level 10... fucking MASTER!!!! (or whatever the hardest setting is).

I mean holy fucking crap its like suddenly the game has opened up for me now. Every cave/dungeon/whatever I would get raped by the bandit leader with the big double handed weapon. Instantly. In a second. I figured I just needed to grind it out in the world a bit then come back. But it was getting out of control.

What setting are you guys playing at? For the record Im not some noob but damn Im not looking for the battle of a lifetime every time I enter a cave or jump off my horse to fight a troll.

Recommendations? The medium setting the or second to hardest setting? Any suggestions? ... because I sure as shit aint staying on Master. lol Im supposed to be studying for 2 uni exams next week, plus I got Assassins Creed and Halo remake to play.

lol I cant believe I didnt even realise I was slogging it out on the hardest setting like some sort of martyr. I must have 'hard' as my default dashboard setting on the console or something.

Mastadon

Banned
voltron said:

I just went into the settings menu to tweak the autosave timer and oh shit, guess what difficulty Ive been playing at.... grinding may way to level 10... fucking MASTER!!!! (or whatever the hardest setting is).

I mean holy fucking crap its like suddenly the game has opened up for me now. Every cave/dungeon/whatever I would get raped by the bandit leader with the big double handed weapon. Instantly. In a second. I figured I just needed to grind it out in the world a bit then come back. But it was getting out of control.

What setting are you guys playing at? For the record Im not some noob but damn Im not looking for the battle of a lifetime every time I enter a cave or jump off my horse to fight a troll.

Recommendations? The medium setting the or second to hardest setting? Any suggestions? ... because I sure as shit aint staying on Master. lol Im supposed to be studying for 2 uni exams next week, plus I got Assassins Creed and Halo remake to play.

lol I cant believe I didnt even realise I was slogging it out on the hardest setting like some sort of martyr. I must have 'hard' as my default dashboard setting on the console or something.

I play on Expert level. Seems to be the best balance in my opinion.

Arjen

I'm playing on normal, the game is big enough, if i have to reload hard fights al the time, ill be 60 before i finish it.

Dice

I want a mod to remove blood splatter on the screen. My character isn't wearing a motorcycle helmet, so it makes NO sense and it's really annoying. I get it, I utterly slaughtered the guy, I don't need to revel in it for the next 30 seconds looking at some blurry drops on the edges of my screen.

Izuna

Banned
Dice said:
I want a mod to remove blood splatter on the screen. My character isn't wearing a motorcycle helmet, so it makes NO sense and it's really annoying. I get it, I utterly slaughtered the guy, I don't need to revel in it for the next 30 seconds looking at some blurry drops on the edges of my screen.

The blood's in your eyes.

kottila

voltron said:

Expert most of the time, but I'm overlevelle, so I reduce it to adept when I go into battles where I'm oneshotted by opponents that shouldn't be that hard.

cackhyena

I want a mod to remove all spiders from the game. Then I want actual birds in the sky. Then I want this all for 360 magically cuz I don't have the PC version.

This game...my god this game.

I just love the fact that I was on my way to do a Dark Brotherhood contract when I spotted a cave that looked interesting and thought I would sidetrack to check it out. A hour later I am still in said cave because I stumbled upon another dungeon that gives you a claw key. Just awesome to randomly stumble on something so amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom