• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Gravijah

So I want to make an assassin class and I don't want to be a cat or a lizard. I'm thinking bosmer then. Is that a good choice? Also, while being an assassin what is the advantage that daggers have over one handed swords? Thanks.

bosmer are great. btw, there's a sneak perk that gives 15x sneak attack damage. there's also a pair of gloves that doubles that, so you end up with x30. it's amazing.

Nose Master

I've found (for PC at least) that if they come up to you and say your under arrest, agree to go to jail and then they will just walk away and nothing will happen.

The conversation tree just stays open for me. They deny the money, "take me to jail" just causes them to go back to the options you can choose, and fighting them is well, fighting them.

okenny

Banned
I've found (for PC at least) that if they come up to you and say your under arrest, agree to go to jail and then they will just walk away and nothing will happen.

I've been avoiding this quest-line for about 50 hours now.
I was thinking that there's got to be a way to proceed without even doing the prison break thing. They way I've heard that quest play out just seems so bloody. I'd love to see at least the Eltayer (was that his name?) guy not get killed.

eek5

What is the best weapon enchantment? I was about to put drain HP on my bow but didn't know if there was something better to use overall.

Paralyze. It doesn't even have to be long; I use 2s so I can get more swings per full charge. When they get paralyzed they drop to the ground and have to go through an animation to get up so even a short paralyze is extremely powerful.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Can I really free the Alik'r prisoner in Whiterun? He gave me the info I needed, but I want to make sure he won't go and kill the girl I'm helping.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Can I really free the Alik'r prisoner in Whiterun? He gave me the info I needed, but I want to make sure he won't go and kill the girl I'm helping.
I don't trust that guy. I wouldn't even pay his measly bail. Dude's an a-hole. I'm just gonna hunt down his clan brothers and slaughter them all, muah ha ha haaaaa.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I don't trust that guy. I wouldn't even pay his measly bail. Dude's an a-hole. I'm just gonna hunt down his clan brothers and slaughter them all, muah ha ha haaaaa.

I paid the fine, so the guard gave me the key. He's still in jail and gave me my info, but I have yet to unlock the jail. Now he is yelling "my fine has been paid, guard, let me out", and the guard is telling him he can't hear him or can't find his keys, lol.

Ramma2

After you pay the fine, the guard loses his keys and doesn't let him out. That's a fun quest, you're in for a few more twists.

brentech

When you pay the guards, not really a big deal, but:
He gives you the info of where they are at, but the guard that took the money acts like he can't hear the prisoner and doesn't free him anyways.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
After you pay the fine, the guard loses his keys and doesn't let him out. That's a fun quest, you're in for a few more twists.

Oh I thought it gave me the option to unlock the door.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I paid the fine, so the guard gave me the key. He's still in jail and gave me my info, but I have yet to unlock the jail. Now he is yelling "my fine has been paid, guard, let me out", and the guard is telling him he can't hear him or can't find his keys, lol.

talk to the guard and he will be free. At least it was like that for me.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I already started an alt and I'm not even done with my main. I need help.

Speaking of that, save files for that sort of thing should be cleaner. Character A and their saves, Character B and then their saves, and so on. I really wish everything was separate, not just numbers attached to save files. Oh well.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
:-D

I might have to do that, hahaha. I'd feel like a dick supporting the illegitimate, undemocratic authority of the city cops... But it might be worth it in this case.

GhaleonEB

Just killed my first random dragon. I am most displeased.

I turned off all the quests and decided to just to explore a few interesting places I passed early in the game. I was almost to the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon when I ran into it (appropriately enough, next to a shout wall).

I tagged it twice with arrows, and it took off and flew away. I saw it in glimpses, fighting snow trolls or something down the mountain a ways. It flew back to me a minute later - having feasted on troll, I assume - and landed directly in front of me.

We locked eyes. I drew my bow, did the dramatic slow-mo zoom in, and fired. Then I did it again, and again, and again, while it still just sat there. I'm thinking it just glitched out. When it was about 2/3 of the way down it took of circled around, and crash landed in dramatic fashion.

Directly into my goddamn horse.

The last thing I saw of poor Nall was her sailing down the mountain side. I landed the killing arrows into the dragon - it was secondary at this point - and looked down the cliffside as its flesh melted away.

Nall is gone.

So, there's this other reason I didn't push dragons into the world for so long. For years, the Panzer Dragoon games were my favorite ever. They still dot my top 10 of all time. I saw the dragons in this game and they reminded me a bit of them, and I couldn't get myself to hate them, or be afraid of them. They look cool. I didn't want to have to kill them.

Whatever goodwill I had for these fuckers is now gone. They killed my horse, my trusted steed for over 50 hours of play and upon whom I roamed all of Skyrim with a dozen times over. Those bastards are going to burn and their husks litter the mountains like confetti after a parade. Motherfuckers.

eek5

well there are a couple of options
you can start down the dark brotherhood path and kill the chick that kidnaps you for the 'initiation'. Or you can find ancient shrouded armor in a dungeon but the location escapes me atm.

I thought
ancient shrouded armor was a quest you get after DB. is that just always there?

Boss Man

Well, I started my second character - an Imperial named Quadratus. What a boss:

-cool imperial guy-

I'm actually quite enjoying sword/shield combat. The Quick Reflexes perk in Block is cool. Feels nice to be up in some faces after playing 50 hours of magery business.
Please post more stuff like this! I can't get the game yet (had to sell my PS3 a while back) and it's cool to just see some of the different characters people make.

So i have played this game for bit, and there was a dungeon with a puzzle involving an angel, an owl, and a bear. The puzzle made absolutely no sense so i just brute forced my way through the puzzle.

This better not be a sign of what i should expect the puzzles in other dungeons will be like.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
So i have played this game for bit, and there was a dungeon with a puzzle involving an angel, an owl, and a bear. The puzzle made absolutely no sense so i just brute forced my way through the puzzle.

This better not be a sign of what i should expect the puzzles in other dungeons will be like.

Does it have to do with a dragon claw?

Because if it does, you have to look at the dragon claw in your inventory to see the solution (click on the right analog stick to view item).

Does it have to do with a dragon claw?

Because if it does, you have to look at the dragon claw in your inventory to see the solution (click on the right analog stick to view item).

i already beat the quest (like i said i brute forced through the door puzzle) but i guess i'll now know that some puzzles require actually looking at ones own objects.

Grisby

So I was walking on a mountain top and I see a giant statue. Its pitch black out and a snowstorm is coming up.

Statue moves and screams. Turns out its a blood dragon. I kill it pretty quickly and am surprised to find some words of power just hanging out in the open. But then a coffin lid flies off right next to it and I spend the next 10min duking it out with a dragon priest, Kro something, my first.

I saved my game after defeating him and gaining 3 words of power, 3. Good times.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Just killed my first random dragon. I am most displeased.

I turned off all the quests and decided to just to explore a few interesting places I passed early in the game. I was almost to the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon when I ran into it (appropriately enough, next to a shout wall).

I tagged it twice with arrows, and it took off and flew away. I saw it in glimpses, fighting snow trolls or something down the mountain a ways. It flew back to me a minute later - having feasted on troll, I assume - and landed directly in front of me.

We locked eyes. I drew my bow, did the dramatic slow-mo zoom in, and fired. Then I did it again, and again, and again, while it still just sat there. I'm thinking it just glitched out. When it was about 2/3 of the way down it took of circled around, and crash landed in dramatic fashion.

Directly into my goddamn horse.

The last thing I saw of poor Nall was her sailing down the mountain side. I landed the killing arrows into the dragon - it was secondary at this point - and looked down the cliffside as its flesh melted away.

Nall is gone.

So, there's this other reason I didn't push dragons into the world for so long. For years, the Panzer Dragoon games were my favorite ever. They still dot my top 10 of all time. I saw the dragons in this game and they reminded me a bit of them, and I couldn't get myself to hate them, or be afraid of them. They look cool. I didn't want to have to kill them.

Whatever goodwill I had for these fuckers is now gone. They killed my horse, my trusted steed for over 50 hours of play and upon whom I roamed all of Skyrim with a dozen times over. Those bastards are going to burn and their husks litter the mountains like confetti after a parade. Motherfuckers.

50 Hours without encountering a random Dragon is impressive. I couldn't resist progressing the main story letting them roam free very early on.

Dragons in my game pop up during the worst moments - such as popping up when I was doing some Smithing killing the local blacksmith or having a dragon beat you to a quest marker location killing the person you were going to meet.

The first time two Dragons double teamed my ass I was cacking myself and loving every second of it.

70+ Hours in and there are still dragons types I've yet to encounter too.

GhaleonEB

i already beat the quest (like i said i brute forced through the door puzzle) but i guess i'll now know that some puzzles require actually looking at ones own objects.

The solution to the riddle was in the room.
On the archway above you were three statures, one of each animal. The middle one had fallen down to the ground. The order of the three - including the fallen one - were the solution to the puzzle.

Log4Girlz

I helped them capture the chick.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Are there any actual challenging puzzles?

KuGsj.gif

No, sadly not.

GhaleonEB

Note: Don't test out fire runes on the street. People step on them and get angry.

On that note, when I was talking the Jarl of Whiterun after the dragon battle, the snotty dude next to him kept talking shit about me. He said something about, how do they know the shouts were about me?

So, I used my new shout power on him. I honestly thought that was what the game was prompting me to do, to show them what's up.

The guards did not approve.
Are there any actual challenging puzzles?

I haven't found anything that even qualifies as a puzzle.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I hate it when dragons just fly around doing nothing and then leave, which has happened to me like 7 times. It's so hard to hit them when they're soaring, and you can't call a storm near a town or you'll piss off/kill people.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
No matter how hard I try to make my char and base it on my play style, whenever I see other peoples creations I think how much cooler they are. =)

Tenck

I've been ignoring my shouts. Will have to try that. Sometimes my health drains so fast though that I die before I even know what hit me.

Only way to play the game is as Archer and run away into hallways, draw back your bow, and camp a corner. Rinse and repeat!

This unfortunately does not work on magic based bosses :lol

With the main quest on hold, I've been progressing through the Companion's quest line. I just finished the quest where you
turn into a werewolf and apparently slay half the village :(

Did I just
kill Adrianne Avenicci?
?

Killed my very first random dragon as well. It wasn't too hard, considering I had unrequested help from a few soldiers that were just passing by. I ended up so excited that I accidentally shouted at the soldier group after the dragon was already slain. The soldiers didn't take my shouting well, and by some strange reasoning unbeknownst to me, they somehow decided that the culprit was my horse, so they promptly attacked it. Had to ride my way out of there since I didn't want to wipe an entire group of soldiers. I hope they're not pissed.

Also, at Lv 11 I still can't give a giant a run for his money. Am I doing something wrong?

Trasher

KuGsj.gif

No, sadly not.

Don't know what you are talking about. I just came across a HUGE challenge:

I believe I'm on the very last part of the Thieves' Guild quest. I just returned the skeleton key, and now I'm stuck. Karliah is stationary and spinning around uncontrollably in the room. I'm unable to even speak to her because she is so busy spinning...in the same spot. Nocturnal went back into her Goonies wishing well and won't come back out. My waypoint is apparently still telling me to go after her though. What a challenge! I can't progress any further now! This game is too damn hard.

In all seriousness...I tried replaying the events before many times, but I still came back to the same results. I dunno what else to do. Can someone explain to me what the three different moons on the floor are here? There's a half moon, a full moon, and no moon. Nocturnal was facing the half moon one, and I was wondering if that's because I said earlier in the quest chain that I was returning the key on behalf of my honor to the Guild, rather than doing it directly for Nocturnal (full moon) or doing it for myself (no moon). I was thinking maybe if I went back far enough and chose a different option that I may find different results in the end so that I can actually complete the damn thing. Anyone else run into this bug on this quest?

Top Bottom