• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Wallach

Where is the warriors guild at? I'm about 5 hours in or so and I haven't come across it

They're called the Companions, a mercenary warriors' guild. If you haven't run into any of their members yet, you'll find them in the hall Jorrvaskr within Whiterun.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Don't know what you are talking about. I just came across a HUGE challenge:

I believe I'm on the very last part of the Thieves' Guild quest. I just returned the skeleton key, and now I'm stuck. Karliah is stationary and spinning around uncontrollably in the room. I'm unable to even speak to her because she is so busy spinning...in the same spot. Nocturnal went back into her Goonies wishing well and won't come back out. My waypoint is apparently still telling me to go after her though. What a challenge! I can't progress any further now! This game is too damn hard.

In all seriousness...I tried replaying the events before many times, but I still came back to the same results. I dunno what else to do. Can someone explain to me what the three different moons on the floor are here? There's a half moon, a full moon, and no moon. Nocturnal was facing the half moon one, and I was wondering if that's because I said earlier in the quest chain that I was returning the key on behalf of my honor to the Guild, rather than doing it directly for Nocturnal (full moon) or doing it for myself (no moon). I was thinking maybe if I went back far enough and chose a different option that I may find different results in the end so that I can actually complete the damn thing. Anyone else run into this bug on this quest?

This exact thing happened to me, try this.

After Nocturnal bugs out, wait for 1 hour. This should mark at least one of the quest items as complete. If Karliah doesn't start talking, wait an hour again. She should start talking after this, if she doesn't do it one more time.

After the quest marks off, try to leave through one of the purple walls. If you can't, reload and try again.

This worked for me after about 3 tries.

balddemon

Banned
something strange just happened. i quicksaved before sneak attacking a guard, just to see if i could kill him before being seen. i failed, miserably, so i tried to quickload. no go. i go to load from the menu, no go. i quit to main menu, only have option to start a new game. yet all my saves are located at Docs\My Games\Skyrim\Saves. is that the wrong directory? they all just corrupt? thats like 80+ hours gone if so, not a big deal what with master and i can just insta-level my guy if needbe, but still thats 2 weeks of fulltime work lol.

Wallach

something strange just happened. i quicksaved before sneak attacking a guard, just to see if i could kill him before being seen. i failed, miserably, so i tried to quickload. no go. i go to load from the menu, no go. i quit to main menu, only have option to start a new game. yet all my saves are located at Docs\My Games\Skyrim\Saves. is that the wrong directory? they all just corrupt? thats like 80+ hours gone if so, not a big deal what with master and i can just insta-level my guy if needbe, but still thats 2 weeks of fulltime work lol.

That definitely sounds bad. Try just taking the quicksave file out of the directory and re-launching the game.

Has anyone here done a misc quest in Ivarstead called "locate Graydas remains" or something like that?

I went through the entire dungeon and fought
the dude that shouts your weapons out of your hands
at the end, got some loot, but I didn't find any remains. Does anyone know where to look for them? I feel really bad for that crazy dude asking about her as well, so I want to help.

I about 16hrs in or so, haven't killed a dragon yet.Is it possible to kill a dragon with just the two handed battleaxe that I've put most of my skills into? ( I don't use magic)

Wallach

I about 16hrs in or so, haven't killed a dragon yet.Is it possible to kill a dragon with just the two handed battleaxe that I've put most of my skills into? ( I don't use magic)

Sure. You're just going to have to either pull out a bow or do some fancy dodging until the dragon decides to come down and try to engage you on the ground. If you can use the environment - some rocks or a simple ledge - you can easily mess with their ability to hurt you from the air until that happens.

Nocebo

Has anyone here done a misc quest in Ivarstead called "locate Graydas remains" or something like that?

I went through the entire dungeon and fought
the dude that shouts your weapons out of your hands
at the end, got some loot, but I didn't find any remains. Does anyone know where to look for them? I feel really bad for that crazy dude asking about her as well, so I want to help.
If I recall correctly they're in the water surrounding the "island".

how do you get a damn dragon to face you one on one? I've encountered 4 of these bitches just flying around me and only managed to get one to come down to get it's ass whooped. The rest just circle around in the sky a few times and fly away.

Forkball

I found an amulet in some fort that has +30% one handed attacks. I am now ballin'.

I also ran into some Thalmors wandering around, the first time I saw them. I talked to the main guy and he told me to F off, and then I talked to one of the warriors and she asked me if I believed in Talos. I was just silent but she decided to pick a fight with me. THEN SHE WAS DECAPITATED.

93EC2364E841867824F0145B40B41FF9B69B8210

CDF20C45B53E72DB0385020F490ACDE92BC75A11

Hit F12 too early, but you get the point. I also took all her armor.

Also this happened.

349BCD64AD8BCC9912B58E19D1733C1988F7DB0E

397A7DE1C8DDBEABB0FEE622DDABC5CFB59FB998

cackhyena

Soooo for the Thieves Guild Quest line
Karliah isn't showing up at the standing stone and I don't know what to do. I've already waited a several times to see if it's different times of the day or something. Anyone else have this issue? the arrow is right on the rock, but she isn't there.

balddemon

Banned
That definitely sounds bad. Try just taking the quicksave file out of the directory and re-launching the game.

fixed it by deleting the Saves folder, the two .ini files, and the RendererInfo.txt file after backing up my saves. then restarted the game so it would remake the files/folder, and moved my saves into the folder. after i restarted the game again, they were all there. time to make cassius clay.

edit: one cause could have been the TES V Savegame Manager i downloaded from skyrimnexus. didn't end up using it, so i deleted it. might have messed with the game a bit.

GhaleonEB

Hey guys, did anyone do the pale lady quest. Just completed it, Loving the sword at level 24

I did it earlier tonight, great stuff. I put the sword back. I had enough loot to carry as it was.
Soooo for the Thieves Guild Quest line
Karliah isn't showing up at the standing stone and I don't know what to do. I've already waited a several times to see if it's different times of the day or something. Anyone else have this issue? the arrow is right on the rock, but she isn't there.

Try fast traveling away, and then back again.

balddemon

Banned
Do the armor skills (heavy/light) depend on the amount of hits you take, the damage dealt to you, or both?

btw, unarmed has at least one absolutely incredible finisher. so badass

BeeDog

That's not what he's asking.

1. Buy the perks that lead to daedric smithing, skip the rest (arcane smithing is your choice, with smithing and enchanting you can usually make better stuff than you can find as loot).

2. Shoot people. I'd save the 5 training points per level for something like alchemy.

3. Buy all the petty and lesser filled gems you find off of vendors (magic and general vendors have these, check the court wizards and Winterhold).

And general tip for leveling skills: Make sure you have the rested bonus from sleeping, as well as the relevant guardian stone effect on (The Thief for alchemy and archery, The Mage for enchanting, The Warrior for smithing etc.)

Thanks a lot!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Finally fucking done with my mountain of homework. Been away from Skyrim for too long. Dying to play some more.

Edit - Question : Is there a trick to doing special assassination animations with daggers? The one time it happened for me it was a one hit kill... Was that just luck, or is it a move you can consistently use?

Thermite

The
Vilkas Purity quest
seems to be glitched for me. I talk to him, start the quest, and then he'll either disappear or follow me out of Jorvaskr just to walk back in. Great. :/

Wallach

This sucks, man. I haven't been playing a whole lot because of this storm here in the NW, which was regularly causing power interruptions and I didn't want to keep losing progress since they were causing PC reboots. But this fucking storm hasn't ended for two days! What is this shit, seriously. Fuck off, wind. I want to play video games without being disturbed.

balddemon

Banned
Finally fucking done with my mountain of homework. Been away from Skyrim for too long. Dying to play some more.

Edit - Question : Is there a trick to doing special assassination animations with daggers? The one time it happened for me it was a one hit kill... Was that just luck, or is it a move you can consistently use?

nah i'm pretty sure its just luck. i get ohko with daggers all the time, backstab, 30x, etc, but only sometimes i get the animation.

also, i just killed a bear with my bare hands. but its a shame i can't poison my claws - that would be fantastic if they put that in the game. another thing, i can tell i will need restoration magic on my unarmed, Master difficulty playthrough.

This sucks, man. I haven't been playing a whole lot because of this storm here in the NW, which was regularly causing power interruptions and I didn't want to keep losing progress since they were causing PC reboots. But this fucking storm hasn't ended for two days! What is this shit, seriously. Fuck off, wind. I want to play video games without being disturbed.

you're just here to answer our questions then :)

BeeDog

For the Boethia's Calling quest, what happens if you don't kill the bandits stealthily? My sneak skill is around lvl 46, yet I can't for the life of me sneak kill some of them without being spotted. And my ranged skill blows, so can't use a bow to take them out. :(

Shout at the sky, surely the storm will clear up.

They should've done a Skyrim ad campaign that riffed off of Apple's "There's an app for that" and instead had "There's a shout for that".

Fjordson

I also ran into some Thalmors wandering around, the first time I saw them. I talked to the main guy and he told me to F off, and then I talked to one of the warriors and she asked me if I believed in Talos. I was just silent but she decided to pick a fight with me. THEN SHE WAS DECAPITATED.
Lmao @ this. Thalmors are assholes.

Does decapitation consist of just getting the perk in the 1H tree? I got the perk a while ago, but this never seems to happen for me.

Rookie

Neo Member
Hey guys, any tips on increasing cool down speed on shouts.

I thought the blessing of Talos was supposed to help. on my game it comes up as 0 %

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Supped my character up. Made a custom set of Glass Armor that's tailored towards a thief character, one-handed weaponry and some reduction in Destruction spells. I also made two pieces of jewelry with +48% One-Handed Ability and Light Armor. All of this together gives me a base Damage with Dragonsbane of 281 and a armor rating of 850 or so. With a augment One-Hand ability potion I can deal damage around 650 per hit with Dragonsbane.

Lmao @ this. Thalmors are assholes.

Does decapitation consist of just getting the perk in the 1H tree? I got the perk a while ago, but this never seems to happen for me.

You need to do a standing power attack, so a power attacking while standing still. Then there's a 25% chance your weapon will decapitate the enemy.

Not sure if it happens with maces, though, but definitely with swords.

Dries

Just when I was longing for a new town to explore that looks completely unique..... I start this drinking game and somehow
awake in Markarth.

Needless to say, jaws were dropping.

Wallach

Hey guys, any tips on increasing cool down speed on shouts.

I thought the blessing of Talos was supposed to help. on my game it comes up as 0 %

It's actually 20%, and does work even though there's a bug where it displays 0%.

There's also the Amulet of Talos which can add another 20% cooldown reduction.

Fjordson

You need to do a standing power attack, so a power attacking while standing still. Then there's a 25% chance your weapon will decapitate the enemy.

Not sure if it happens with maces, though, but definitely with swords.
Oh, interesting. Then I bet I'm not seeing it because I'm always doing the attack where you hold down both triggers.

And I luckily have two swords at the moment (one of them the truly awesome Dawnbreaker).

Rookie

Neo Member
Awesome, if you get a Talos Amulet, can you learn that enchantment effect?Cause that would be cool to get your regen up to 100%

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm still annoyed that there isn't a Jyggalag quest, despite the fact that Sheogorath's quest makes it pretty plain that all of the SI quest actually happened.

Top Bottom