• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

scy

Any mages out there know how to level up illusion well? It doesn't seem like there are many bread and butter combat spells to use frm the tree. I know I'm going to want invisibility spells once I start the thieves guild quests... maybe I'll just buy training from the mage's guild.

Cast Courage on NPCs. A lot. It goes up surprisingly fast all things considered.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
GWwdo.png

I love how you can just decide in the middle of doing something that you want to go after something else, track it down and be successful with some trying.

Every single
Dremora in Malyn's soul could one shot me, and I don't have whirlwind shout upgraded so I could only run past one. If not for the Sanguine Rose giving me a Dremora of my own, taking the heat off of me to pull off some backstabs and stay behind cover, I'd never have made it out.

But I did and now I don't
ever need to buy a soul gem again.
feels good.

Danneee

GWwdo.png

I love how you can just decide in the middle of doing something that you want to go after something else, track it down and be successful with some trying.

Every single
Dremora in Malyn's soul could one shot me, and I don't have whirlwind shout upgraded so I could only run past one. If not for the Sanguine Rose giving me a Dremora of my own, taking the heat off of me to pull off some backstabs and stay behind cover, I'd never have made it out.

But I did and now I don't
ever need to buy a soul gem again.
feels good.

Yeah, I'm trying to kill that guy and just keep getting bombarded with fireballs:(

Question about Dual Wielding:

Do the perk bonuses apply whenever you have two weapons equipped, or only when pressing the Left and Right attack buttons together?

Wilsongt

So, 28 hours in and I am just about done with things around Whiterun, I believe. I dunno how much of the radiant Companion quests I want to do...

x.x Is each major city gonna be this side-quest intensive?

scy

If you have one from random looting, a 20 or 30 second Invisibility potion should let you wait out their attention until they reset so you can do them all one at a time.

So, 28 hours in and I am just about done with things around Whiterun, I believe. I dunno how much of the radiant Companion quests I want to do...

x.x Is each major city gonna be this side-quest intensive?
pretty much everyone in every town is too lazy to go down the street to do something. so yes.

then again, it seems shopowners and innkeepers never stop working so I would probably be lazy too if I worked those hours.

scy

Helps guys, I wasn't paying attention when this quest was given out. Who should I give the star to, aranea or nelacar?

Nelacar if you want the Black Star instead of the regular one; back to Azura if you want her Priestess as a companion.

Nelacar for the superior item is definitely true, but I don't think it's THAT cut and dry about which way is good two-shoes. Personally, I'd rather have done it Nelacar's way because Daedra are the worst.

I gave it to Azura. She's a Daedra, sure, but she's the only one I'd consider "good". She helped the Nerevarine, after all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Such interesting approaches being suggested. Funny how many different ways there are to get through such a linear area.

Zeliard

Aw, just found a cool potential Khajiit follower but I don't want any more companions since the Dremora Lord already monsters everything.

Mothman91

Anyone have a list of the other Daedra artifacts? Like their perks and whatnot. After getting the black star, am thinking of getting the other ones, maybe something that benefits more of a warrior?

Nelacar for the superior item is definitely true, but I don't think it's THAT cut and dry about which way is good two-shoes. Personally, I'd rather have done it Nelacar's way because Daedra are the worst.

I guess it depends largely on your opinion of Azura. She tends to look after those who are loyal to her.

Any help for my question about dual-wielding and how bonuses apply: Is it to ALL attacks made while dual wielding, or only the "I just pressed both attack buttons at once" type of attack?

xxczx

Aw, just found a cool potential Khajiit follower but I don't want any more companions since the Dremora Lord already monsters everything.
I'm trying to find the Khajiit follower but apparently he travels and isn't in the same place all the time :(

Would be cool to have another Khajiit around.

Rapstah

So I did the (Dwarven box quest spoilers)
Daedra Lord quest to get into the secret Dwarven box in the ice north of whatever the northernmost town is called. I ended up betraying the lord at the end because I wanted the book. What would I have gotten if I had gone with him, and are those two levels all I get from that quest? Not complaining, it was pretty awesome, but I need to know so I can stop worrying about getting murdered by blue clouds around every corner.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Think I'm done for a while, lvl 61 with all my main skills maxed and full tree specked (1hand, heavy, block) enchant and blacksmith maxed and a few other points spread out in other thing. Just have to buy a house in wind helm but it seems bugged.

Also have a few bugged quest that won't go away and that dam red sword quest that keeps coming back (swear there are a pile of red swords at the door to that place now). Also missing a few words but can't get anymore leads from the Priest guys.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I'm trying to find the Khajiit follower but apparently he travels and isn't in the same place all the time :(

He's part of a trade caravan that moves from city to city. Often see him outside Riften.

Recovered his amulet for him.

Kikarian

Any help for my question about dual-wielding and how bonuses apply: Is it to ALL attacks made while dual wielding, or only the "I just pressed both attack buttons at once" type of attack?
You seperatly press LT (Left Dagger) RT (Right Dagger). Or, you can hold LT and RT/L1 and L2 to attack with both daggers at the same time. Stronger attack but requires stamina to use it.

Zeliard

The view distance/LOD tweaks on PC can be so great. Spotted tiny figures (and I mean tiny) in the far distance and there was still enough detail to make out that it was a Conjurer and their pet Flame Atronach fighting a bear. The Conjurer was throwing out tiny spells and you could make those out as well. It all looked quite awesome.

Hehe that was the guy. I did his quest where I had to find some amulet, and then it pointed me to him on the map. Finding him again is another matter though.

Salaadin

Anyone have a list of the other Daedra artifacts? Like their perks and whatnot. After getting the black star, am thinking of getting the other ones, maybe something that benefits more of a warrior?

I got a sword and shield that are pretty cool:

Dawnbreaker Sword
Spellbreaker Shield

I dont know how they stack up against later weapons but theyve been good to me so far. Dawnbreaker is pretty great against undead and its hilarious to see them go nuts when the special power activates.

erragal

Daedra Lord quest to get into the secret Dwarven box in the ice north of whatever the northernmost town is called. I ended up betraying the lord at the end because I wanted the book. What would I have gotten if I had gone with him, and are those two levels all I get from that quest? Not complaining, it was pretty awesome, but I need to know so I can stop worrying about getting murdered by blue clouds around every corner.

You just get to read the book if you side with him. Seems like there's absolutely no difference in the quest results; I'm assuming he still kills Septimus even if you choose not to side with him?

A lot of 'em require you make some kind of 'sacrifice' this time around: my 'good' character has walked from several of the quests already because they required something I just wouldn't do.

There's a few that might be of interest, to you, though. If you're walking the light side and you want some good equipment for a warrior, you can definitely do Hircine's quest
Ill Met By Moonlight, starts in Falkreath
, Meridia's quest
The Break of Dawn, starts at Meridia's shrine near Solitude
, Peryite's quest
The Only Cure, starts at Peryite's shrine near Markath
(this one is pretty much invaluable) and Mogal Bal's quest
House of Horrors, starts in Markath

Boethiah
Boethiah's Calling, starts at Boethiah's shrine near Windhelm
and Mephala
The Whispering Door, starts in Whiterun
are a bit more 'dubious', and I walked from them both.

For shits and giggles, though, definitely also do Sheogorath's quest
Mind of Madness, starts in Solitude
, Hermaeus Mora's
Discerning the Transmundane, starts in a hideout to the north of Winter Hold
and Sanguine's
A Night to Remember, starts in a random tavern when you're challenged for a drinking contest

You just get to read the book if you side with him. Seems like there's absolutely no difference in the quest results; I'm assuming he still kills Septimus even if you choose not to side with him?
Yeah.

As for dual wielding, my character is using it but it's been pretty boring, at least for me. I just prefer the sword-n-shield play if I have to melee.

But having two daggers just looks so right for thieves.

Invisibility in the left hand and Blade of Woe in the right. Slit throat, poof, make easy escape.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Well, I don't know, but that Dual Savagery perk sounds so good to me I'm gonna have to get them either way.

Noricart

If you're talking about
Hermaeus Mora then you would still get it (Oghma Infinum). I don't know anything about the murdering clouds though.

Sethos

Banned
Oh for FUCK sake, god damn bug is now stopping me from progressing.

I'm in the Ratway in Riften. I'm right at
Esbern's door - It doesn't go through the conversations, it's like it just insta skips them on its own and when I get to the part of them opening the door, I hear the locks go up but the door never opens. I tried restarting the game, I tried going back to an earlier save ... Nothing.

Looks like I might be done with this game.

LowerLevel

Yeah, I'm trying to kill that guy and just keep getting bombarded with fireballs:(

I had the same issue until I just decided to just run up on him when he's done talking his crap, wailed on him with pretty much everything before he started moving. He died shortly after. Then just kept popping potions until the quest progressed because of the Dremora.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Esbern's door - It doesn't go through the conversations, it's like it just insta skips them on its own and when I get to the part of them opening the door, I hear the locks go up but the door never opens. I tried restarting the game, I tried going back to an earlier save ... Nothing.

Are you waiting long enough? He takes like 2 - 3 minutes to get all the locks open.

Christine

The wiki suggests quicksaving/quickloading in front of that door, or failing that repeatedly using chain lightning to kill him through the door until he opens it.

Invisibility in the left hand and Blade of Woe in the right. Slit throat, poof, make easy escape.

I got bored of stealth with my last guy, so I'm making a loud obnoxious Nord that doesn't mind alerting everyone. Trying to decide on dual-wield vs. 2h. I don't really like pressing both attack buttons at once all the time, so I'm hoping the bonuses also apply to alternate left and right hand swings.

Dresden

I got bored of stealth with my last guy, so I'm making a loud obnoxious Nord that doesn't mind alerting everyone. Trying to decide on dual-wield vs. 2h. I don't really like pressing both attack buttons at once all the time, so I'm hoping the bonuses also apply to alternate left and right hand swings.

Yeah, it does. To alternate presses that is.

I could never use two-handers, way too clunky and it feels more like you're wafting a thick piece of styrofoam around than a giant hunk of steel.

Arol

The Redguards at the entrance of Whiterun only show depending on how you finished the questline.

There is a way to save the Redguard girl and stop them from ever showing up if you don't want to kill them. Not sure if it is too spoiler-y, but still:

Just tell the original guy you're going to lead the Redguard girl to him, at the stables just kill him before he gets the chance to paralyze her, talk to her and they won't show up anymore

I treat stealth killing like a puzzle. How can I kill everyone without alerting them to my presence? Much more fun than walking into a room and bulldozing them with a warrior build. For me anyway.

Whiterun is becoming littered with dead guards all over the place. I like slitting their throats while they're on patrol.

Top Bottom