• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

can anybody tell me what happens in the early
sap quest, where you have to cut the roots out of your way. some npc asked to come along when i returned to the temple. and i've agreed to have him.
sadly, he disappeared shortly before the cave. what would've happened if he were with me until the end?

Sullichin

sap quest, where you have to cut the roots out of your way. some npc asked to come along when i returned to the temple. and i've agreed to have him.
sadly, he disappeared shortly before the cave. what would've happened if he were with me until the end?

I don't know what actually happens if he makes it back out of the cave. But he followed me in there. I tried to reverse pickpocket him to give him some weapons. He aggroed me. I didn't even fight back but those bee atronach things killed him.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
He didn't get killed by those monsters that come out?

I think I'm on my third day without feeding on anyone, but my stamina regenerates in sunlight. Is this a bug?

Oh, btw, I just met some necros and they had an interesting conversation. One of them didn't know how to feel about the torture chamber in the prison. They're not all the same and some of them still have some humanity in them. They can be saved! :lol I love this game.

Anyway, vampirism. I'd like a clue how to get rid of it, because it's bad for business. And really, just a clue, a hint, not a perfect description. "Go to that guy in xxx and ask him/her" would be fine.

krioto

Instead of letting you cut the tree for sap, he talks to the tree, and gets a seedling from it - you then take this back to the temple. Doing it this way avoids fighting the spriggans on the way out.

Sethos

Banned
God dammit my game seems to crash more and more as I progress, give me the damn LAA patch back :( Did someone have a guide / the old .exe?

He gives you an alternate way to finish the quest without sucking the life out of the tree.

Instead of letting you cut the tree for sap, he talks to the tree, and gets a seedling from it - you then take this back to the temple. Doing it this way avoids fighting the spriggans on the way out.

Seriously?
Fuck, I just stabbed the tree before he got there and the motherfucker attacked me.
Why did nobody tell me? :'(

Damn, that would have been good, but he completely disappeared for me before I ever got to the cave.

Dice

Oh, btw, I just met some necros and they had an interesting conversation. One of them didn't know how to feel about the torture chamber in the prison. They're not all the same and some of them still have some humanity in them. They can be saved! :lol I love this game.
I always feel bad about killing treasure hunters I hear talking before I show up. It's their choice to attack me, I guess, but we could have been friends.
One of them had a letter from her father, who was worried for her safety in such a dangerous lifestyle, and the guy she was with likewise had a letter saying he'd be in deep shit if anything bad happened to her. :(
I don't even want most treasures I come across.

Also one time I had to get something that was in a bandit leader's chest. I was sneaking around behind him as he was sitting and muttering to himself all his little thoughts. I didn't have to kill him, and felt bad about it after hearing him be a person in his content little world, but then I remembered how he ran a fort next to a road and his band would just kill anyone who was trying to get through to the next town.

scy

I bet you killed him anyway, didn't you?

How do you use the Azur star thing? I have it but have no clue what it does.

It functions the same as any Soul Gem, except it doesn't break when used; it merely uses up the soul inside. So, you can use it for recharging Enchanted weapons or for doing your own item enchants.

As for how to trap a soul, cast Soul Trap, or get a weapon enchanted with Soul Trap, on an enemy and then kill it. This traps their soul inside the smallest Soul Gem that their soul will fit into.

bitoriginal

Holy FUCK. Just had the most epic battle with a frost dragon on top of a snowy cliff. Instead of running up slashing away, using potions and shit, I decided to go au naturel and have a fireball battle with him, making sure not to consume potions and to use cover, only using my blade when safe to do so. The title screen music was playing and he killed me 8 times, but when I finally got the fucker I did an animated death kill jumping up on top his head and slashing away until he died. Felt good to earn that kill.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Umm...I had a feeling this was happening but I didn't actually stop and test it until now. Has anyone else noticed that sometimes, if you are removing filled soul gems from a container, such as in your house, and have unfilled soul gems in your inventory, it will transform the filled ones into unfilled ones? That's really quite annoying, and I must have lost at least a couple dozen petty gems that way by now.

DEO3

I treat stealth killing like a puzzle. How can I kill everyone without alerting them to my presence? Much more fun than walking into a room and bulldozing them with a warrior build. For me anyway.

Whiterun is becoming littered with dead guards all over the place. I like slitting their throats while they're on patrol.

Yup, my first playthrough (70+ hours?) was a sword and board Nord who never thought twice about running into rooms full of dudes. Now I'm playing a stealthy mage, who uses illusion to hide in the shadows as he picks people off with a conjured bow. I play on the hardest difficulty and have never, and will never, put points into health.

The idea behind this character is if I get hit, I've already failed and deserve to die. Clearing something like a fort take so much more time now, but it also so much more satisfying. I shoot arrows into barrels on the other side of the room in order to distract individuals in my way, if there's a large group of dudes gathered in an area I'll cast frenzy on one so he starts attacking the others, thinning out their numbers and causing a distraction. Just constantly having to be creative in how I play, I love it.

I bet you killed him anyway, didn't you?
Of course I did. His robes are worth at least 75 septim and weight only 1. Would be stupid not to get them. That, and I'm sure he would've killed me, if I didn't sneak behind him attacked him with a charged fireball.

Dresden

How do ebony daggers look?

fKAk4.png

Tom Penny

It functions the same as any Soul Gem, except it doesn't break when used; it merely uses up the soul inside. So, you can use it for recharging Enchanted weapons or for doing your own item enchants.

As for how to trap a soul, cast Soul Trap, or get a weapon enchanted with Soul Trap, on an enemy and then kill it. This traps their soul inside the smallest Soul Gem that their soul will fit into.

I think I can only capture black souls for that star. I have a weapon that captures souls but I don't think it's going to help.

Kikarian

I treat stealth killing like a puzzle. How can I kill everyone without alerting them to my presence? Much more fun than walking into a room and bulldozing them with a warrior build. For me anyway.

Whiterun is becoming littered with dead guards all over the place. I like slitting their throats while they're on patrol.
That's how I also take it. Most MMO's/RPG's I choose a stealthy class.

Just because I can kill people, without others knowing and leave the place, with the target dead.

Double D

Does your conjuring skill level improve just by conjuring something, or does it have to be near enemies and/or attack them to increase?

edit: similar question for sneak. I've noticed that sneak doesn't go up just by walking around hidden in sneak mode. It seems like maybe there's a set radius in which an enemy needs to be within for it to count. Is this correct?

scy

I think I can only capture black souls for that star. I have a weapon that captures souls but I don't think it's going to help.

The Black Star can house any soul, despite what the game says. And Black Souls are captured the same way as any other soul, except they're only from humans. And are always Grand in size.

Edit:

Does your conjuring skill level improve just by conjuring something, or does it have to be near enemies and/or attack them to increase?

Near enemies. If you're looking for ways to grind it, find a pool of water with a Slaughterfish and have it attack you. Swim to the surface and the nearest piece of land. Stand on the shoreline and just cast spells (say, Bound Sword). You'll gain Skill EXP since you're "in combat" with the fish.

Nose Master

When I transformed into a werewolf last night, he was still carrying my mace. Still got one handed skill ups. My favorite glitch so far.

Yeah, I'm trying to kill that guy and just keep getting bombarded with fireballs:(

My guy is overpowered and I got killed twice during that fight. If not for my high archery and arrow spam I wouldn't have been able to kill him. I don't see how a pure melee character could win this battle.

Double D

To all the 1 handed folks out there: Sword, dagger, axe, or mace? Also, which weapon benefits the best from each respective perk (ignore armor, bleeding, etc)

Dresden

To all the 1 handed folks out there: Sword, dagger, axe, or mace? Also, which weapon benefits the best from each respective perk (ignore armor, bleeding, etc)

Dagger if you Sneak often.

Otherwise I think it comes down to swords or maces. Swords get the perks that increase crit; maces get armor penetration. Axes get bleeds but I think it's like 1~3 damage for 3~6 seconds, that doesn't stack, each hit just extends the duration of the bleed. Not very good imo.

Personally I just like the way maces look, but either choice is fine.

ShinNL

Switched from Expert to Master difficulty because I got a
new shout that makes my already super fast dual wielder into a speed god
. Man, I thought I was already too strong for my own good, now I'm like a god. And my enchanting and alchemy are almost at 100 too... if I add those benefits.......... :|

Tom Penny

The Black Star can house any soul, despite what the game says. And Black Souls are captured the same way as any other soul, except they're only from humans. And are always Grand in size.

So how do you capture them and put them in the star. I can't equip the star or favorite it so what do you do with it?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Trying to do the quest A Night To Remember
and my character won't pass out after drinking her third mug

Sigh...

Rengoku

So how do you capture them and put them in the star. I can't equip the star or favorite it so what do you do with it?

You don't need to equip it, just like regular soul gems, you just need to have it in your inventory. Every time you capture a soul - be it either using the soul trap spell or using a weapon that has the soul trap ability, it will automatically fill them up.

Ok I think I'm going to make a new character.

Redguard, dual maces + alteration magic. Only allowed to wear trousers, boots and bracers/gloves armour. Stoneskin to compensate.

Sounds good?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
1) Buy a bunch of Glass Armor and jewelry
2) Enchant it all with Destruction cost reduction making all levels of Destruction spells cost 0
3) ???
4) Blow shit up.

This fucking game. Still loving how visceral Destruction spells feel. Makin' that Draugr Overlord fly across the room.

So sick of the Falmer. So annoying.
They're the reason I hate those dungeons/ruins.

Killed the pyro in a very cheap way (he got "stuck" behind a low wall) and then I got another item for some quest. I love playing the game without an active quest marker for the unimportant quests. It's so much fun wandering around and clearing some dungeons.

Anyone have that video of someone dropping a bunch of cabbages in the bar only to have NPCs fighting over it?

The video is in French, I believe.

Ok I think I'm going to make a new character.

Redguard, dual maces + alteration magic. Only allowed to wear trousers, boots and bracers/gloves armour. Stoneskin to compensate.

Sounds good?

Sounds good. Unarmored play forced you to be a bit more cautious. Wish Unarmored was still a skill.

Dice

Maces by far. Bleeding and crits don't mean shit when they're holding up a shield, but ignore armor crushes their bones.

Top Bottom