• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

zsswimmer

Anyone ever seen a dragon pick someone up, like with the giant in the demo footage? Never seen it happen and am wondering if its still in there.

I was walking up that really tall mountain with the steps, and a frost dragon attacked me near a NPC, and of course the NPC attacked the dragon.

The dragon picked her up with his mouth, thrashed her around a bit, and threw her behind him, I'm guessing all the way down the mountain.

Esch

Banned
Anyone ever seen a dragon pick someone up, like with the giant in the demo footage? Never seen it happen and am wondering if its still in there.

yep. an elder dragon used this against me as a finisher after it got the jump on me. the bastard

Salaadin

A night to Remember and Rescue Mission spoilers:
Last week sometime, I did the "A Night to Remember" questline with Sam and was sent to Morvunskar where I found the portal to Misty Grove, and found out that he was Sanguine.

Fast forward to today, Im just BSing and I talk to Varkas who gives me a Rescue Mission quest. I need to head to Morvunskar and rescue Mathias, who has been kidnapped. Ran alll the way out there and, immediately after zoning in, I hear a bunch of enemies start raging downstairs but they werent after me.

I get antsy to see what was going on so I booked it for the bottom floor and what do I find? Right outside the Misty Grove portal, Sanguine is down there just knocking the shit out of this group of 4 or 5 enemy mages. Hes just standing there beating everyone around. The mages kept running away and healing but Sanguine eventually took them all out while I stood in the back for 5 minutes or so and watched.

Once he took out the final mage, it said "objective completed: rescue Mathias". Sanguine walks away and looks at me and my flaming sword, says "Fire!" and keeps going. I ran to Mathias and took the credit for rescuing him.

Zeliard

Just did Stony Creek Cave. Small area but very pretty.

There are some really nice sights in the game. Fought a dragon moments ago against the backdrop of a red/orange aurora borealis. Looked goddamn amazing. The small but memorable moments like that make the game.

I was also traveling along and some random guy started walking by. I prompted him for conversation and he mentioned he was headed to some Imperial capital to join the legion. Had my Dremora Lord remove his head from his body.

pringles

Just noticed I had 4 perks stored up. Felt nice to go to town on the Skill trees. Got myself some weightless Light Armor, faster draw times on bows, stronger enchants and better Light Armor.

The leveling system is really great in this one.

Here is a picture I took of a mammoth riding on a dragon's back.. does that count?

iSMxs.jpg

Yep. GOTY.

Shakala

Do you think this game will be on sale anytime soon or should I just take the plunge and buy it on steam? Reading everybody's impressions makes it harder to wait!

Wallach

Just did Stony Creek Cave. Small area but very pretty.

There are some really nice sights in the game. Fought a dragon moments ago against the backdrop of a red/orange aurora borealis. Looked goddamn amazing. The small but memorable moments like that make the game.

I was also traveling along and some random guy started walking by. I prompted him for conversation and he mentioned he was headed to some Imperial capital to join the legion. Had my Dremora Lord remove his head from his body.

Booooo, I'll fight you, traitor.

Do you think this game will be on sale anytime soon or should I just take the plunge and buy it on steam? Reading everybody's impressions makes it harder to wait!

Don't you ever say that. Skyrim will suck your life away. For goodness sake, hold out as long as you can.

tumblr_lfi4g06dE41qg6pyio1_500.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
How do I enchant stuff? I mean... How do I get "enchantments"

I have soul gems, I have weapons... But I don't know how I get enchantments

It's been bothering me lol

I've just been running around with the 20 enchanted weapons I've found already, and enchanted armors

Zeliard

Booooo, I'll fight you, traitor.

I'm only getting started with the Stormcloaks, but I dunno, they don't seem so bad as a whole so far. They've allowed my Dark Elf dude to join up without much hassle. Ulfric is a dick with the whole Gray Quarter thing, but the other Stormcloaks seem to agree he's a dick anyway.

One of them is also openly sympathetic and sends you on an early mission to stomp out some fools who are messing with the elves.

Luthos

Hell yea!

I did J'zargo's(sp?) side quest in the college, and now I can use him as a companion. He's been one of my favorite characters so far.

Luthos

Better than
the chick that turns you into a bunch of random stuff.

I just dig J'zargo's accent and his tendency to refer to himself in the 3rd person.

Forkball

Quick questions, do dungeons with the dragon doors mean a dragon word is somewhere in there? Because I've been to a few of those dungeons and found no words.

Wanace

Better than
the chick that turns you into a bunch of random stuff.

I just did J'zargo's accent and his tendency to refer to himself in the 3rd person.

At least J'Zargo thinks he's a pimp, has the swagger and confidence.

The chick that makes you see green and turns you into animals was annoying, and the way she always sucked up to me was off-putting also.

I sacrificed her to
Boethiah

Noricart

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but when you enter a quest related dungeon, it's usually blocked off by rubble right at the beginning of it. Somehow this happened to me three times in a row :/

Meier

Wow, I didn't think Farkas would be able to die but sure enough, he did. Already done with the Companions quest line but is there any reason to worry? Will this prevent me from doing something later?

Forkball

In Blind Cliffs Bastion, how do you
open the cave with the hargraven?
I keep pressing A when it gives me the prompt but it's not opening. GLITCH?

I've just been running around with the 20 enchanted weapons I've found already, and enchanted armors

Find an enchanted piece of armor then go to the enchanter and use the disenchant command. This will destroy the armor/weapon/accessory, but you will have access to that enchantment from then on. The nice thing is that the enchantment is not dependent on the strength of enchantment the original object was imbued with.

You learn the enchantments by disenchanting already enchanted weapons and armour. You lose the piece in the process but can now apply that enchantment elsewhere. You only need to disechant an item once, but once you do you learn the enchantment permanently and can apply it as many times as you like.

zethren

Banned
Dropped all of my arrows, but I still have an arrow sticking out of my arm...

Any other tricks for getting rid of this thing? :/

Some screens of my adventure recently, underground.

I really like the look of the dwemer stuff.

whipJ.png

D6J5c.png

iVCfk.png

At the bottom we found something...(main quest soilerish)

Some other stuff...

Taking in the view.
YYMJ9.png

Niffty looking place underground.
EMuxX.png

Got some new gear for my mage friend.
ztw1S.png

Smithing/Enchanting/Alchemy can break the game, even with difficulty bumped up. This is the best I've crafted so far but I know it can get even crazier. Also With crafting stuff I was able to make a light armor set that reached the armor cap but now I get all teh stuff that light armor gets in the tree. heavy armor got the shaft.
BUFTD.png

Anyone else notice that the physics on Dragon Corpses (the skeletons) are way crazy? They're as awesome as the Giants sending you miles into the air and do the same if I blast them with a Dual-Casted (Impact Perk) Firebolt. Don't know if my perks are affecting that necessarily though.

and yes, you have FOUR choices.

You sure the hell do.

I remade my character and killed Astrid, then wiped out the whole damn Brotherhood after finding out they stop being cool contract killers who said screw the old DB rules, which drew me to them in the first place, and went back to being the complete Night Mother/Sithis suck-ups of old.

Nightingale Armor is like ten times more baller than Shrouded Armor anyway.

What the fuck.

My Wuuthrad keeps disappearing. After I get
taken prisoner
in the Cidhna Mines in Markath. Once I receive my equipment back the Wuuthrad is gone. I have reloaded a previous save and it still does not appear. Anyone else had this happen?

Meier

Anybody able to weigh in on Farkas? Should I reload my save? I pretty much never use followers but finally did and he dies!

JackEtc

Alright GAF, what the fuck. I am in the Aftland Glacial Ruins, and am crashing every 3 seconds, literally. I'll fire up the game, take 2 steps, and crash. No error message. What the hell is happening?

Zeliard

They're just higher level dragon spawns. Different skins, but the same as any other dragon.

Do I need to do any more stuff in the main quest before they show up though? Only done the bare minimum there. Or do they just start showing up at a certain character level?

Do I need to do any more stuff in the main quest before they show up though? Only done the bare minimum there. Or do they just start showing up at a certain character level?

I'm not aware of any connection to the main quest. They started showing up when I was a higher level, I can't recall at what point though.

Jintor

I've gotten into the nasty habit of resurrecting named NPCs (via console commands) of villagers who die during dragon attacks or otherwise. I really have to stop doing that.

Top Bottom