• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Grinchy

Banned
Hell yea!

I did J'zargo's(sp?) side quest in the college, and now I can use him as a companion. He's been one of my favorite characters so far.

I loved that guy. He was one of my first companions and we tore everything to shreds. Since this game decides to keep it a secret when your companion dies, I lost him =(

I seem to be having a much tougher time than everyone else at level 30. I guess battlemage isn't that great in this game. Suppose its better to go full mage a and wreck shit with summons and destruction or a warrior and easily defend with a shield. Or play sneaky and get the jump on everyone.

I seem to be a jack of all trades, master of none.

Yeah. Once I got past level 20 as a 2-handed tank, I was unstoppable. Once you get all the perks in the 2-handed tree and get the shout to speed up your attacks, dragons go down without ever getting off the ground once they land. I killed the last dungeon without using a potion. Honestly too easy at level 25 (with no followers or summoning). Armor rating was about 350 with Ironflesh at that point.

Jintor

J'argo is awesome, one of the very few khajit in the game. It makes sense they wouldn't really have much of a presence in Skyrim (skooma khajit everywhere in Morrowind) but I'm still disappointed.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Skyrim is now free of the empire!

"This is what they wanted, you know" ...what a little bitch. As if they were going to overcome the Thalmor by oppressing the shit out of everyone and letting 1000 spies walk around all their most important business.

DarkKyo

iScq0.jpg

LQ8ha.jpg

UxLf8.jpg

So many cool moments... conjuration is awesome.

"This is what they wanted, you know" ...what a little bitch. As if they were going to overcome the Thalmor by oppressing the shit out of everyone and letting 1000 spies walk around all their most important business.
It's actually wrong too. The dossier you find in the Thalmor embassy says that a Stormcloak victory is to be avoided. They want a divided Skyrim, with neither side winning.

paparazzo

Rented this and am about 3 1/2 hours in. Holy crap this game is awesome. I was eh on Oblivion, loved FO3 and and now I'm loving this. I've done like one quest. Exploring the world is just amazing. Sadly though, I am playing the PS3 version and my save file is nearing 4 MB which is near the supposed game breaking bug. Is Bethesda planning a fix? I so want to buy this game but I'm hesitant to spend money on something that's broken.

Edit: come to think of it, I'd heard awful things about FO3 for PS3 but I found the game to be perfectly playable and encountered no bugs. Then again, I did play it months later, post patch..

Clevinger

Rented this and am about 3 1/2 hours in. Holy crap this game is awesome. I was eh on Oblivion, loved FO3 and and now I'm loving this. I've done like one quest. Exploring the world is just amazing. Sadly though, I am playing the PS3 version and my save file is nearing 4 MB which is near the supposed game breaking bug. Is Bethesda planning a fix? I so want to buy this game but I'm hesitant to spend money on something that's broken.

I think they said something about a patch right after Thanksgiving weekend. You might want to wait until then.

GhaleonEB

So, Thieves Guild.

I finally did enough of those extra side jobs after completing the main quest line to get the first "special" quest from it. The quest itself was just okay - break in and hit two things along the way - but on the way I found:

• A Stone of Barenziah (up to six now).
  • A guard who mentioned a cave that had lots of treasure and some strange cretures. Map marker added.
  • A unique book that, when opened, triggered a full blown new quest (Forbidden Legend).

Just from one simple job I got a few more hours of stuff to do.

Also, while on they way to the Thieves Guild, to complete the quest a Frost Dragon attacked Riften. Inside Riften. I didn't even know that was possible. Another soul absorbed, heaps of loot for later picking on the dragon itself.

This game. This fucking game.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Guys is it possible to get the PS3 patch on a USB key and load it on another PS3? I need to bring the game over to another PS3 not connected to the net tomorrow, bring my saves too, but I'm thinking the saves won't work if the game isn't patched like on my PS3!

Demon Ice

Banned
This is the third time I've had the game crash on me after an extended play session and had to verify/re download it on Steam :/ I've made backups of all my .ini and saves, thankfully, but this is getting kind of irritating. The game itself is phenomenal, and I'm completely addicted, but the crashing is unacceptable. I think this is the last time I buy a Bethesda game before 2 or 3 patches come out.

In other news, I finally forged me some Dragon Plate heavy armor and it is incredibly awesome.

Jintor

I fucking love conjuration, but I'm so stealthy I never use it. Oh well, time to pay exhorbitant amounts of money to the conjuring dude at the college.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Went back to my home, i mean manor, in Solitude, and what do i see? Some dragon was currently attacking the city during the night. Cool!

Then the next day, i find a bunch of kids "playing" with his skeleton... funny.

screenshot6htu47.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'm pretty sure I had a quest in Silent Moons Camp. Went through the camp, nothing in particular happened, and it now says it is "cleared". I forget what the quest was, but I don't see it on my map. Did I accomplish something?

edit: nevermind, found it, have to collect bounty

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

that would require skyrim to be important business, which according the the general it isn't.

stormfrontcloak nords are just rolling out the red carpet for the thalmor...

Luthos

I loved that guy. He was one of my first companions and we tore everything to shreds. Since this game decides to keep it a secret when your companion dies, I lost him =(

Yea there needs to be a "Your companion has fallen" type of notice. And I don't mean words in the top left. I mean a text bubble that you have to click OK to get rid of. To make sure people know.

Helmholtz

So I finished the Companions' quest line, up to
where you cure Kodlak
... is there no other prize than the title?

I got
a pretty awesome shield from the chest at the end of that dungeon, and you can also take the axe back by removing it from the statue you placed it on at the beginning
. But yeah, all in all the rewards are sort of weak.

Dresden

I got
a pretty awesome shield from the chest at the end of that dungeon, and you can also take the axe back by removing it from the statue you placed it on at the beginning
. But yeah, all in all the rewards are sort of weak.

Oh, I must have missed that chest. Thanks.

Mik2121

Uhm.. need help with the 'UNDER SAARTHAL' quest (the first? college quest).

Alright, I was actually doing another different side quest at the same time, called 'FORBIDDEN LEGEND' where you have to find the Gauldur Amulet Fragments in three areas. I found the first two and the last one was the one in Saarthal.

Now, I also had the college quest activated so I thought, hey, two quests at the same time, that'd be neat!. Now, I found the Saarthal amulet on a wall and took it, and the doors behind me closed. The teacher that came with us (from the college quest) asked me to use the amulet somehow, but when I equip it the wall starts to spread some magic.. thing, and nothing else happens. None of the doors open, and I can't find anything :(

Could someone help me?

I think I'm nearing the end of the main quest where I have to
arrange a truce between the Imperials and the Stormcloaks

I was wondering if I can still do
the quests for either faction if they make peace. I'm already a few quests deep in the stormcloaks.

So, Thieves Guild.

I finally did enough of those extra side jobs after completing the main quest line to get the first "special" quest from it. The quest itself was just okay - break in and hit two things along the way - but on the way I found:

• A Stone of Barenziah (up to six now).
  • A guard who mentioned a cave that had lots of treasure and some strange cretures. Map marker added.
  • A unique book that, when opened, triggered a full blown new quest (Forbidden Legend).

the Forbidden Legend quest is rad man, definitely make it a priority

Wallach

Uhm.. need help with the 'UNDER SAARTHAL' quest (the first? college quest).

Alright, I was actually doing another different side quest at the same time, called 'FORBIDDEN LEGEND' where you have to find the Gauldur Amulet Fragments in three areas. I found the first two and the last one was the one in Saarthal.

Now, I also had the college quest activated so I thought, hey, two quests at the same time, that'd be neat!. Now, I found the Saarthal amulet on a wall and took it, and the doors behind me closed. The teacher that came with us (from the college quest) asked me to use the amulet somehow, but when I equip it the wall starts to spread some magic.. thing, and nothing else happens. None of the doors open, and I can't find anything :(

Shoot magic at the door while you're wearing it.

that would require skyrim to be important business, which according the the general it isn't.

stormfrontcloak nords are just rolling out the red carpet for the thalmor...

LOL.

Yeah, fuck the Stormcloaks. Racist douchebags.

I've yet to see an Ancient Dragon. Or Elder. I assume they're tied to the main quest.

Haven't fought an Ancient yet, but Elders are serious business. Especially the fire-breathing ones, they're pretty damn tough.

walk out of a cave, dragon appears, starts attacking a giant. right as i fire the finishing arrow the giant kills the dragon before it hits it. i go apeshit on the giant and right as he is about to die i get killed.

load my last save. dragon appears. flies around a bit and then flies away. no giants around anywhere for me to revenge kill. FFFUUUUUUUUU

also: green glowing deer and elk came out of nowhere and started stomping my ass. WTF?

I really am getting sick of the bugs. Super early main quest spoilers.
Took me 9 tries and restarts to get the horn back to the greybeards, and that's after 6 separate times that delphine didn't spawn when we went to kill the dragon together, and now i'm at the ambassador party, gave that guy my equipment, get through into the kitchen, and nothing is in the chest, so he just stands there staring at me saying hurry up, get your stuff out of the chest.....wtf

Jintor

Haven't fought an Ancient yet, but Elders are serious business. Especially the fire-breathing ones, they're pretty damn tough.

All I'm getting is Ancient Dragons now as I approach level 50. They're fucking jerks. Thankfully I can chug healing potions like there's no tommorrow.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
You have to give her better armour to wear

In my game she is in full dragonplate

Better than what? I can't see any equipment in her list other than the helmet and armor. But visually I see some armor.

So maybe someone can help with this? My health is stuck at 356, in green. I have no buffs or magic effects on. I even stripped down naked and it stays the same, also waited 24 hours in case I had a really long lasting buff. Any ideas what the hell this is?

I really am getting sick of the bugs. Super early main quest spoilers.
Took me 9 tries and restarts to get the horn back to the greybeards, and that's after 6 separate times that delphine didn't spawn when we went to kill the dragon together, and now i'm at the ambassador party, gave that guy my equipment, get through into the kitchen, and nothing is in the chest, so he just stands there staring at me saying hurry up, get your stuff out of the chest.....wtf
That ambassador quest was a fucking pain in the ass. I kept getting a bug where Malborn wouldn't spawn in the embassy, and made it impossible to complete. I had to retry the quest from the beginning 3 time before he showed up.

eek5

So maybe someone can help with this? My health is stuck at 356, in green. I have no buffs or magic effects on. I even stripped down naked and it stays the same, also waited 24 hours in case I had a really long lasting buff. Any ideas what the hell this is?

go magic>active effects and see if anything is there?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I don't think I'm getting the well rested bonus. I've rested for many hours at my house in Whiterun and the "you're feeling well rested" message doesn't pop up.

:/

gdt

20 hours in, just got hooked up with the Blades chick. Gonna go do some of the major questlines now (Thief, Dark Brotherhood, etc).

I'll start with The Thief Guild. I'm not a sneak though, will that preclude from doing them? How do I get started?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'll start with The Thief Guild. I'm not a sneak though, will that preclude from doing them? How do I get started?

I finished the College and then went straight into the Thieves Guild with practically no experience in stealth or pick pocketing and I'm doing just fine. My character is mainly a mage.

As for how you get in:

Go to Riften and call out the guards for their scam. Then Brynjolf should contact you, or you can find him and he'll give you a task to determine if you should join the Guild.

Check your active powers/effects.

I did. No red effects. I'm also not
a werewolf.

Top Bottom