• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Jinjo

Just shout your way to victory. Like a real man.

I did just that (with some spells for good measure). When he died on top of the winterhold college I fireballed his dead ass into the snowy abyss. That's the second dragon body down there as this wasn't the first attack on winterhold.

Lucius86

Banned
I did just that (with some spells for good measure). When he died on top of the winterhold college I fireballed his dead ass into the snowy abyss. That's the second dragon body down there as this wasn't the first attack on winterhold.

100529-mark-webber-238x178.jpg

scy

Man, killing the 3 bosses from
Reachwater Rock (where you put the amulet together, a Magician, a Ranger and a normal warrior)
with just a bow, hiding behind the columns and small objects of the level made me feel like a boss. I couldn't beat them just like that, so this was the only method.

However,
it seems like there was no reward besides the amulet itself?

It also gives you insight into the vast distinction between Quest Lore and Quest Rewards!

Anyway, yeah, it's just that.

These glitchy dragon skeletons really are something. I killed a random dragon (Viinturuth) near Windhelm, and the dragon bones and scales I looted from him made me overencumbered. Against my better judgement (having tried this before) I stored some of the enchanted equipment I made (but didn't need except perhaps to sell) on his skeleton, made a savegame, and fast-travelled to Whiterun to store away my bones and scales. I have over 40 Dragon Bones stored in a tiny cupboard, I can almost build a house out of those things.

Anyways, I return to the site where I killed him, and his skeleton's just gone. Slightly disappointing perhaps, but I shrug and move on. I come across a small cave with Dwemer machinery apparently going into the water of a stream, a Stormcloak camp (who I can't kill without incurring a bounty for some stupid reason), and a Dwemer ruin. As I'm ascending the steps up to the Dwemer Ruin, I kill a fox to absorb its soul. I turn right, and see something big moving in the corner of my screen. I quickly draw my sword and turn around, anticipating a fight with a troll or something bigger...

But it's Viinturuths skeleton, glitching through the ground and settling in a strange positions. He apparently really wanted to give me my items back.

Lakitu

st5fu
You can
cure yourself just as you cured Kodlak. If you have another witch's head you can go up to that middle thing in the room and cure yourself if you choose to iirc.

Thanks.
I killed all the witches in the coven, I assume I can go back and retrieve another head?

Lol, there's bandits in this Dwemer ruin. They discovered a trap that keeps shooting flames, and decided to install a Skeever roast in front of it. Brilliant.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think I need better armor and weapons than store bought fare. I'm level 5, just got sent off on my first quest from the greybeards. Found a bandit base, and their leader tore me up.

Any suggestions?

Wallach

So in playing my warrior Quadratus some more, I can safely say that while it is entertaining (so long as I am using a shield), magery is still the order of the day for me. I'll probably put him back on the shelf until I'm well and done with my Breton. Just not the same without being able to paralyze something and watch it tumble down the hillside in a stupid pose while my Dremora Bros go chasing after it (probably cursing my name the whole way).

In doing some long term perk planning, I feel like I have room to specialize in one more spell school tree pretty heavily. Undecided on what that might be yet, though I'm leaning towards Illusion just because it's always great fun to mess with people. I may even just decide to dump it into Archery instead to buff my Bound Bow, which I still use plenty enough.

brentech

A dude sells them outside of Markarth, at the stables.

I wish there was a way to force Lydia to use her damn Dawnbringer instead of pelting the enemies full of shitty arrows with her default bow...

Give her a better bow and arrows then, too. At least that damage will be improved when she wants to just sit back instead of charging forward like usual.

Philia

This game is a blast to go through. :D

Lv 39 Khajiit Archer with stealth, I've found 200 locations, cleared 108 dungeons, killed 18 dragons and carrying 88k gold on hand lol. I only own one house, I plan to get the rest after I get the 100k cheevo.

I just got Archery/Sneak (along with the perks) maxed out, I'm now going for 1h with daggers. I also got lots lots of enchanted equips in stock for later dechancements (is this even a word?) to build my enchant skill. I'm slowly building smithing by making lots of jewelry to sell (dat 100k man) and I also got lots of ingredients for alchemy later.

So. I got like 4 perk points left and the rest (10) and I'm not sure what to do now. I do WANT that pickpocketing deequip skill. It looks stupid fun to do and probably easier to KO them from there, but dragons ehhh, and wildlife and enemies with stupid high detection can still murder me.

My ebony (superior) bow with glass arrows would only make a couple of shots on say a (steel equipped) Bandit Chief over at Fort Greenwall right now. I'm okay with this, I just wish I could beef up my bow somehow. Thoughts on which perks I should get at this point?

Kinan

Lol, there's bandits in this Dwemer ruin. They discovered a trap that keeps shooting flames, and decided to install a Skeever roast in front of it. Brilliant.

:) awesome. Those traps are excellent energy sources - you can build whole economy around them. :) Or, generally, proper organized utilization of magic could be used for creation of very prosperous society.

Make money, not war! :p

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I have been noticing this as well, cities get down to about 5 FPS, just painful chug-a-lugging.

The PC is the same except it's about 30fps in certain views. It's pathetic. Disabling shadows or lowering LOD helps but you shouldn't have to do that. It looks quite amazing most of the time

This one here has Vurts Flora mod on.
tesv2011-11-2215-55-4juyir.png

tesv2011-11-1915-16-05g82s.png

Skirn

Give her a better bow and arrows then, too. At least that damage will be improved when she wants to just sit back instead of charging forward like usual.

Hmm, true. I did actually give her my Exquisite Elven Bow earlier, but her ranged damage output was still really low and she misses a lot when enemies run around. A shame that you can't order them to only use melee weapons, like in Fallout 3.

Ah well, at least my two-handed weapon skill rises faster when she's not doing any killing. :p

KKRT00

I just got Archery/Sneak (along with the perks) maxed out, I'm now going for 1h with daggers. I also got lots lots of enchanted equips in stock for later dechancements (is this even a word?) to build my enchant skill. I'm slowly building smithing by making lots of jewelry to sell (dat 100k man) and I also got lots of ingredients for alchemy later.

Making iron daggers and then enchanting them with Frost Damage give the most money from my tests. Also if You have many rings/amulets enchant them with fortify archery for maximum profit.
However if You're going only for profit, just make potions, that's the easiest way for making money. Catch butterflies, collect lavenders, blue/red/purple mountain flowers, tundra cottons salt piles, snowberries [winterhold] and swamp fungal pods [Morthal], Fly amanita [everywhere and every shop].

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I never knew you could give weapons and armor to your companion for them to use and not just carry.

My Lydia is still wearing her default armor and weapon. I suppose they do not automatically scale and she's been using shitty gear since i got her?

cbox

Man I accidentally Killed Lydia fighting a random dragon.

I shouted her ass off a mountain and later found her body on the beach near whiterun LOL

Philia

Making iron daggers and then enchanting them with Frost Damage give the most money from my tests. Also if You have many rings/amulets enchant them with fortify archery for maximum profit.
However if You're going only for profit, just make potions, that's the easiest way for making money. Catch butterflies, collect lavenders, blue/red/purple mountain flowers, tundra cottons salt piles, snowberries [winterhold] and swamp fungal pods [Morthal], Fly amanita [everywhere and every shop].

Uh huh. You didn't read my whole post. I didn't get to 88k just because. I'm fine with my jewelry since it costs nothing and helps me build my smithing and speechcraft.

Haunted

What's the best way to train speechcraft? Just buy and sell shit?

Does number of transactions or the price amount influence the speed?

Feels like I've been stuck on lvl 60 forever even though I'm buying and selling just like before.

Also, my third quest broke but this time it's one of the main quest line so that's kind of a bummer. :/

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.

Feels like I've been stuck on lvl 60 forever even though I'm buying and selling just like before.

Could try a speechcraft trainer.

cackhyena

I find it takes forever to up that selling to vendors unless it's the expensive stuff. Same as pickpocketing. The better loot, the quicker pace.

Also, my third quest broke but this time it's one of the main quest line so that's kind of a bummer. :/

Go to the Bard's College.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
why doesn't this game have a text log? :(

I swear I was just thinking that yesterday. It was something about teaching me some alchemy and was too distracted to remember. I figured it out but still. I went into the menus expecting there to be a text log.

nib95

Banned
I honestly do think Skyrim has one of the best title/menu screens ever conceived. So simple, elegant, and powerful. The music just kills it.

scy

Higher Value items yield more EXP. And not in some linear fashion, either; that is, 1x Value 2000 != 10x Value 200, despite how it really, really should.

Honestly, the best way is to either utilize trainers or to just use the bugged endless Persuasion loop in Riften. It's abusing a glitch, yes, but the only other way I can think of is to push items up to 6000+ value and selling them for only a small amount of the money. Unless you have a 6k+ vendor somewhere.

Top Bottom