• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Man, the dragons really don't like Riverwood in my game. This is the third time one has attacked, and I think half the town's named NPCs are dead.

soothe.

i did the mission in Ivarstead where you have to bring 10 bear hides to the women who's getting sick of bears scratching up and ruining her trees.
a minute later a bear attacked the town and killer her.

Kyaw

Looks like he's wearing daedric to be honest. If you go with heavy armor you have dwarven, ebony, or daedric all of which look great.

Actually, Dwarven armour looks like shit to me. All gold and blocky and shit.

Daedric ftw! (I've yet to get any Daedric armour though)

i entered a cave from the backdoor, fought my way in for a bit and then tracked back. later i discovered the main entrance, and now when i open the map, it says "cleared" on it.

is this cave bugged now?

BeeDog

The spawn frequency of dragons is absolutely absurd. Winterhold has been attacked 4 friggin' times in my game, and the college itself twice. Whenever I see one now, I just lower the difficulty so I can get it over with.

cbox

They never attack towns for me (lvl 25 if that matters) It's always when I'm in the middle of a field or forest with nothing to distract it.

Epix

:)

039F89E21008C851C07A61EEE0ECE2870B6C181E

Lost my first housecarl... :( A dragon priest zapped her to death, then resurrected her to fight against me. I wasn't too upset though since about 5 minutes before she'd turned on a quest character for no reason I could detect.

I killed my first giant last night. I cheesed him by shouting fire and chasing him around with an ice axe. Once they're set on fire, they run away, apparently to find water. This one got stuck against a rock formation and I had barely enough time to kill him before his friend came out swinging at me.

It was a pretty non-epic way of taking him down, but hey, a dead giant is a dead giant.

Gravijah

i entered a cave from the backdoor, fought my way in for a bit and then tracked back. later i discovered the main entrance, and now when i open the map, it says "cleared" on it.

is this cave bugged now?

i assume you just triggered the "cleared" flag by entering from the end. i don't think it will be bugged or anything.

erragal

Actually, Dwarven armour looks like shit to me. All gold and blocky and shit.

Daedric ftw! (I've yet to get any Daedric armour though)

Dwarven really depends on the character model; it probably looks terrible on elves because of how gangly they are. Daedric has a wicked look to it. I really like the hammerfell garb for my shieldmage, got a very ragged adventurer look going with the footwraps.

erragal

Minor whiterun sidequest spoiler
I walked right by there on the way to get the sap from the tree; the guy that follows you refused to not fight the bandits in there. Couldn't save him because he kept running right by me and half the time I'd launch him off the bridge with my own fireballs. I don't like that place at all

EDIT: Whoops, I'm thinking of a different land bridge near whiterun. That's Solitude isn't it? Fail!

Man this is really fucking lame.

I'm a level 29 Imperial and fast traveled to Swindler's Den. After about 10 seconds, a Boethiah Cultist appears and starts to fight me. This dude is crazy hard, like at least 10 levels above me and is wielding an Elven Mace. He can 1 or 2 shot me like it's nothing. I'm playing on medium difficulty and enemies lately have been getting similingly harder too.

I also revisited that tower east of Whiterun where bandits demand a toll. I cleared it when I was maybe level 10 and now they have much better armor and weapons. Arg what happened to all that level scaling talk?

I'm normally not creeped out by Spiders in games, but there's something about the way they modeled (or animated?) the spiders in Skyrim that gives me that gut reaction like I'm looking at a real spider...

bengraven

I agree. Also, I really liked the journal in Morrowind. It was like the ones some people have in dungeons.

The journal is a huge step down from the previous games. Oblivion at least kept a log of what you've already done in a quest.

At the very least give me a bit more information on each misc quest.

SERIOUSLY, "bring this back to ______________" and yet you can't track it on the map? A world with hundreds of NPCs and I'm supposed to remember who that bitch is?

So, I was playing with Lydia as my companion but then began the Companion questline which made me use another guy as a companion. Lydia said she'd go wait for me in my home, but I haven't yet bought a home. Where did she go?

Finalow

i've started this game, i'm at the first big city (whitesomething). when do i get a companion? I saw a mercenary but i don't know how it works with them, i pay them and they stay with me forever or what?

then some advices for a mage? Like which abilities are the best etc.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Curious about this as well.

You should be able to sell them at any general store type place, like the Riverwood Trader or Benethor(?) in Whiterun. Of course, they have not so much money so you'll still need to sell a little bit at a time. I've got a big pile of gold diamond necklaces I need to sell eventually. I use the dresser in my Whiterun house to put any apparel items in, and it's getting really slow to place items inside it now since it's so packed.

scy

Can companions die? I haven't used one yet.

Yes but you have to cause it. Enemy attacks (that are not Lingering Damage debuffs like Poison) will not kill them no matter what you try. If they fall over dead, you're just a terrible person that murdered your loyal companion. You horrible person you.

Well, PC version anyway, though I'd assume PS3 and 360 are the same. I've tried a good 10-ish hours of nothing but various situations of getting Lydia killed and that was the conclusion I came to. Dragon Priests, Mages, Dragons, Giants, etc. could never kill her no matter how hard I tried; Falmers could, however, with their Poisoned weapons.

...in retrospect, spending that much time just to try to kill Lydia over and over makes me a pretty terrible person, huh.

The journal is a huge step down from the previous games. Oblivion at least kept a log of what you've already done in a quest.

At the very least give me a bit more information on each misc quest.

SERIOUSLY, "bring this back to ______________" and yet you can't track it on the map? A world with hundreds of NPCs and I'm supposed to remember who that bitch is?

Every single quest is trackable, even the Miscellaneous ones. Not sure what you mean here.

i've started this game, i'm at the first big city (whitesomething). when do i get a companion? I saw a mercenary but i don't know how it works with them, i pay them and they stay with me forever or what?

then some advices for a mage? Like which abilities are the best etc.

You can get a companion 2-3 quests in if you follow the Main Quest.

Tips for a Mage: get Impact from Destruction tree asap.

Mik2121

That's kinda a spoiler for me :(

I only know how Whiterun, Winterhold and now that city, looks (plus a couple small villages, anyway). I guess that's the city on the northwest area, right? I've played close to 60 hours now, but I tried to stay far away from any other city so I could enjoy them once I had cleared up everything else.

Oh well, at least I'm only seeing it from the outside, the inside is the most important part :p

Top Bottom