• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Mik2121

Sorry for reposting this from the last page. Maybe someone knows something about this...?

////

Uhm... I think Skyrim might have bricked my PS3 right now.

I was playing, right in the middle of a dungeon and three enemies came against. I decided to use the fire shout and right as I threw it, the PS3 resetted and the power led started to blink. Now every time I try to turn it on (it's been less than 5 minutes so I'll let it rest for some 10-15 minutes until I try again) the power led turns green, then blinks and goes back to blinking red (and doesn't turn on).

It's an old big fat PS3 and the fan was already incredibly loud. I will start working in January so I can buy another one by then, but hopefully I can save my savedata (if I put the HDD on the new PS3 whenever I buy it?).

Oh well, I will try to turn it on again in a bit... // I have tried again and no luck...

PS. I'm not even angry at Skyrim. Love the game too much, and just now got across the 60 hour line. Maybe this is my PS3 telling me to do something else? lol..

Aeana

Man, it's starting to feel like everybody in this game is voiced by Jim Cummings. I've got two NPCs in front of me who are both voiced by him, both talking at the same time.

I'm kinda pissed Dragon Armor isnt the best. I mean, these creatures suddenly come back after so many years, you would think their armor would be the best...

Chilling with mah dawg -

17kjkd.jpg

I'm swimming in Septims. If I dropped 'em all in my Whiterun house I could probably do a good Scrooge McDuck impersonation. I've just been investing in every store I come across ever since I got that perk, damn stores need more money to buy my shit with.

Lucius86

Banned
LOL that was perfect. How do people always seem to video this stuff? Do they just always record or something?

I now have fraps in the background, and each time something cool is about to happen (or I think is about to happen) I start recording. I have only done 2 vids so far - only just recently started this when I realised FRAPS hardly affects the FPS in Skyrim, unlike some other games.

Fitz

Ironically, though, I had a lot easier time reaching level 51 than I did reaching level 50. :lol

Now that you mention it I was looking at some chart the other day which had the amount of "exp" needed to level up at each level and after 50 it kept increasing at the same rate as pre 50. I've been making multiple characters so I haven't gotten to 50 yet but it does seem like post 50 isn't much different to pre 50 levelling, or at least not as much as it seemed it would be.

scy

Should be Daedric (Heavy) > Dragonplate (Heavy) > Dragonscale (Light) > Ebony (Heavy) for the top four.

Now that you mention it I was looking at some chart the other day which had the amount of "exp" needed to level up at each level and after 50 it kept increasing at the same rate as pre 50. I've been making multiple characters so I haven't gotten to 50 yet but it does seem like post 50 isn't much different to pre 50 levelling.

Yeah, from some in-game experience with it, 50 -> 51 (and 51 -> 52 and so-on) don't break the trend any. It's more that at around 50 or 60, you're running low on skills you commonly use since they're probably all at, or close to, 100 at this point. That's the only real reason leveling "slows down."

Woorloog

Banned
Reposting: Can you become a vampire multiple times in Skyrim? In Morrowind and Oblivion you couldn't become one anymore after being cured of it.

Also, how does Bribery perk work? I tried it but didn't see any effect. I could bribe the guard as i was a member of Thieves Guild.

There's a tip during loading screens that the skill the staff is based on governs the amount of charge the staff has, so i wonder if using a staff does raise the skill as well?

uhm did you drink the potion right when you got the disease or after you became a vampire?

Of course after I turned into one. It was my choice, because I wanted to see if it would still work.

Are you telling me there's no cure once you turned into one? There was one in Oblivion.

You need to use the potion before the actual disease turns you into a vampire. Otherwise you have to go through the long quest line to have that shit removed from you.

Yes.

Exactly what I was looking for. I hope I started it yesterday.

scy

Hm. Appears that the Calm/Fear/Rage Illusion perks boost Fire spell damage.

...interesting.

I wanted to marry that one. I think it's the dress. Sadly, you can't. :'(

That outfit is what my Assassin character uses. Since I hate every Light Armor option :/ As far as I know, she might actually be the only NPC wearing Tavern Clothes.

Mik2121

Tried turning my console on after around 25 minutes and it won't work. I guess my PS3 is dead. What I hate the most is the fact that Skyrim got stuck inside, and that I don't think I'll be able to recover my save files. After 60 hours of play, that kinda blows..

Oh well, hopefully I can buy another PS3 near the end of January or early February, and start playing again. I had only seen Whiterun and Winterhold :(

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Man, it's starting to feel like everybody in this game is voiced by Jim Cummings. I've got two NPCs in front of me who are both voiced by him, both talking at the same time.

Is it me or is that guy raving about Talos in Whiterun sound like he's voiced by Dan Castellanteta (Homer Simpson)?

Hm. Appears that the Calm/Fear/Rage Illusion perks boost Fire spell damage.

...interesting.

That outfit is what my Assassin character uses. Since I hate every Light Armor option :/ As far as I know, she might actually be the only NPC wearing Tavern Clothes.

A few of Nepos the Nose's servants wore it, too.
Before I killed them. Damn Forswon.

Zeliard

Impact is so hilariously beastly especially when you combine it with a strong summon. You can just stunlock fools all day while your Dremora just unloads on them.

scy

Lolwut

I'm guessing it's related to the Fire perk that makes enemies flee? Hmm...

Just some quick testing it, it's just the Fear perk. Seems to be a flat +15 damage from some small scale testing (37 Firebolts went to 52; 12 Flames went to 27). I'll look into it later when I have the time if noone else does.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Is there anywhere I can buy filled Petty Soul Gems in bulk? Maybe at the Mage's College? If there is I think I found a not-so-secret way to power-level Smithing, Enchanting, and Speech to 100 for free. This might be old news to others, because I only really dove into the crafting skills for the first time last night:

- Craft a big stack of Iron or Steal Daggers.
- Enchant the daggers with your most valuable weapon enchant, w/ a Petty Soul Gem. Mine was Fear. I think others might be even more valuable?
- Each of those ~20g daggars is now worth 320. This is a net profit - you can sell them all to get back the G you spent on Soul Gems and Ingots.

This method won't make your rich - if you're looking to make money just do some dungeon dives. WAY more fun. But it is a way for Smithing and Enchanting skill-ups to "pay for" themselves so you don't have to sink in your own money to powerlevel them.

I'm glad I found it because I'm getting a little burnt out on Skyrim after ~33 hours. Just wanna craft some really powerful shit and blaze through the rest of the questlines without "cheating" or bumping down the difficulty.

Is there anywhere I can buy filled Petty Soul Gems in bulk? Maybe at the Mage's College? If there is I think I found a not-so-secret way to power-level Smithing, Enchanting, and Speech to 100 for free. This might be old news to others, because I only really dove into the crafting skills for the first time last night:

- Craft a big stack of Iron or Steal Daggers.
- Enchant the daggers with your most valuable weapon enchant, w/ a Petty Soul Gem. Mine was Fear. I think others might be even more valuable?
- Each of those ~20g daggars is now worth 320. This is a net profit - you can sell them all to get back the G you spent on Soul Gems and Ingots.

This method won't make your rich - if you're looking to make money just do some dungeon dives. WAY more fun. But it is a way for Smithing and Enchanting skill-ups to "pay for" themselves so you don't have to sink in your own money to powerlevel them.

I'm glad I found it because I'm getting a little burnt out on Skyrim after ~33 hours. Just wanna craft some really powerful shit and blaze through the rest of the questlines without "cheating" or bumping down the difficulty.
Enchant 'em with Banish and you'll be selling them for thousands of septims.

ShinNL

Anyone's char also too powerful around level 50? Like, I need 2 higher difficulties than Master now or something... that kind of powerful.

Top Bottom