• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

venom2124

Wow I have to know if anyone else saw something like this. I was traveling in the southeastern corner of the map (riften I think) and I stumble upon three trolls charging three imperial soldiers. A cave bear suddenly appears and joins the fight, followed by a wolf, thief, and finally frostbite spider. I honestly couldn't believe that was random. When the battle royale was finished, two trolls were still standing. I mopped them up and looted the ridiculous pile of corpses. This game man.

Anteater

For the dark brotherhood's questline, I feel kind of bad killing
the vampire, I went into his house, killed him and walked out, found his wife chopping wood outside and she was very kind to me, she talked about how nice it is to have guests over since she's just living alone with her husband :(

I should never talk to the people I'm killing!

Goddamn, rain and thunder over Eastmarch, with the sun's first rays reflecting off the water in the hot springs... Beautiful.

ukxITl.jpg

Sharp

Luckily no, I basically sat in the water and listened to the fight and burning fire. After the dragon mowed down everything it decided to fly to the nearby tower ruin continuing its quest for death. Getting in unseen was easy then :)
Being the brash and noisy mage that I am, I just came in there guns blazing and burned everything and everyone down.
I was pissed off when I didn't get my cut though.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the vampire, I went into his house, killed him and walked out, found his wife chopping wood outside and she was very kind to me, she talked about how nice it is to have guests over since she's just living alone with her husband :(

That quest slayed me too. :( I had just got the decapitation perk and
the vampire wife was my first one... she screamed for help because she had been caught in dawnbreakers turn undead effect...

that and
the marriage one
because i had interacted with the npc
wife
before. ;_;

Santiako

Of course they like having guests,
they feed on them

jfkgoblue

so I just got completed the azura star quest and
got the black star, it says that it is used to trap black souls, my question is, how do you trap said souls? I know that it is used for enchanting, but that is about it

dantehemi

is steel plate armour a better option than drawrfen armour? it seems to me that steel plate armour can be imporved much better?

with the exception of dragon (which i assume to be the best) what is the order of heavy armour pieces in terms of deffense?

-PXG-

My PC just made Skyrim it's bitch. My overclocked 2500k and both my (bridged) GTX 560s laugh in its face.

Oh PC gaming...why haven't I come to you sooner.

I still want my 360 save file to work though. I put so much hard work into my Dark Elf. I don't want to start a new one (which I did). I made an Argonian named CJ. I wish you could name companions. I'd name Lydia Big Smoke.

Kikarian

Being the brash and noisy mage that I am, I just came in there guns blazing and burned everything and everyone down.
I was pissed off when I didn't get my cut though.
Being a silent Assassin I went in there quietly.

Then Lydia started speaking then it set the trigger for them to attack me. :/

Derrick01

Banned
I'm swimming in Septims. If I dropped 'em all in my Whiterun house I could probably do a good Scrooge McDuck impersonation. I've just been investing in every store I come across ever since I got that perk, damn stores need more money to buy my shit with.

I'm dreaming of mods that completely rework the loot (which I'm sure will happen) system and the economy system in the game. Money needs to either be harder to get or there needs to be a lot more useful things to buy. This game would be so much better with those 2 things.

The quest A Night To Remember brought me for the first time to Markarth and I'm kinda pissed off. I want to discover shit for myself and not being teleported across the whole county. :(

STG

so yeah I have a bounty on my head in markath, and there is nothing I can do about it

I go to the city and the guards tell me, "go to prison!" I say "yes I will" and thats it

the dialog begins again, over and over

is there anyway I can force those guards to finally arrest me?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
so yeah I have a bounty on my head in markath, and there is nothing I can do about it

I go to the city and the guards tell me, "go to prison!" I say "yes I will" and thats it

I have exactly the same problem for a few days now.

Cant seem to fix it. Effectively locked out of the city because the guards come at me everytime they see me.

scy

There's always going to be a point where you run out of things to buy, I don't see the problem here.

The problem is when you hit that point three hours into the game. Honestly, outside of Soul Gems and equipment to Disenchant, I haven't actually used a vendor to buy anything to use.

I'm hoping my current character (2H + Restoration; Smithing/Enchanting done only off of found materials) finds a better use out of vendor equipment. I better, since I'll be using Speechcraft as a level dump to make the game a bit harder~

Just need to decide on which gender ... made one of each and I like the way they both look :/ Damn it!

MrBig

Exit the dialogue so that they will attack you, and then sheath you weapon so that it will restart the process.

cnizzle06

Banned
Given that the one mission gives you that invincible dog, why would I ever consider completing it? Same goes with the skeleton key mission.

You guys aren't getting your shit back!

webrunner

Given that the one mission gives you that invincible dog, why would I ever consider completing it? Same goes with the skeleton key mission.

You guys aren't getting your shit back!

if you have that dog with you for any length of time you start to realize it's hardly worth it. About the third or fourth time he pushes you off a ledge or sticks you in a door frame..

So, is the level cap 50 or 80?

81: you'll hit it when you get 100 in all trees. 50 is the achievement and approximate amount you'll end up with if you dont grind the rest.

R1CHO

so I just got completed the azura star quest and
got the black star, it says that it is used to trap black souls, my question is, how do you trap said souls? I know that it is used for enchanting, but that is about it

Casting a trap soul spell on the targets before killing them, or just using a weapon enchanted with said spell.

jfkgoblue

Casting a trap soul spell on the targets before killing them, or just using a weapon enchanted with said spell.

oh ok, thanks so seeing as I am a straight up warrior with no magical skill whatsoever I guess my best bet would be to make that enchantment

Speaking of side-kicks, the housecarl you're given in Solitude is a useless and murderous wretch!

Doing a dungeon quest with another follower, she took some accidental area damage, turned on this follower and murdered her right in front of me. Now I will never learn the secret ancestry of Anska's family, or the specific crimes of the nefarious priest Vokun.

Then later on in the same dungeon, she got herself killed by a dragon priest and then resurrected as his side-kick. I was able to dispatch them both, but I was left with a total of 700 lbs of equipment to lug back to Solitude, giving her the last laugh.

I fast travelled to a town and the moment I arrived a dragon swooped over it and started attacking, hilarious! Somehow two giants got in on the fight and I accidently hit them, so I had two giants and a dragon to deal with while some guards ran away and tried to range them with iron arrows.

Amazing.

Cudder

I'm trying to do the Iron Dagger trick for leveling up my smithing and enchanting, but where are you guys getting all of your soul gems? I only have a handful of a time and it's limiting how much I can enchant and slowing down the whole process.

Kikarian

I fast travelled to a town and the moment I arrived a dragon swooped over it and started attacking, hilarious! Somehow two giants got in on the fight and I accidently hit them, so I had two giants and a dragon to deal with while some guards ran away and tried to range them with iron arrows.

Amazing.
Same thing happened to me in winterhold. But no, giants.

Top Bottom