• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Anyone's char also too powerful around level 50? Like, I need 2 higher difficulties than Master now or something... that kind of powerful.

One of my favorite things in Morrowind was becoming more powerful than anything else in the world.

It's the same thing here.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
This method won't make your rich - if you're looking to make money just do some dungeon dives. WAY more fun. But it is a way for Smithing and Enchanting skill-ups to "pay for" themselves so you don't have to sink in your own money to powerlevel them

Only problem with that is you can't sell daggers to any of the soul gem sellers (who are usually mages) except for the "general goods store" owners unless you have the 50 point speech perk to sell anything to anyone.

I met two treasure hunters on my way to Falion. They were waiting outside a ruin. When I told the woman that I was going in, she was kinda pissed and they followed me. Can they steal the treasure from me or do I have to keep them alive?

I wonder if they will require eating in TES 6?

In regards to enchanting and smithing

Just go to the skyforge to make your daggers and then run to dragonsreach to use the enchanter and buy soul gems

They are close enough together to make it convenient

I have two questions:

1. What does the "Cleared" status indicate? That all the sidequests have been completed?

2. Does ore in the mines respawn? Will iron ore mine always contain iron ore?

Bentendo

I'm looking at my skill levels and for some odd reason One-Handed is at 20 when it should be level 54. The number 20 is also in red whereas every other skill's number is white. Can someone help me here?

-PXG-

Has anyone else successfully transferred their 360 save to PC. I keep getting:

"The savegame could not be loaded because its outdated. Its version is 0 and the current version is 8."

I've tried starting a new game and loading my 360 save file after completing the tutorial. However I still get error messages and sometimes a message saying the file is corrupted.

Justin

I'm looking at my skill levels and for some odd reason One-Handed is at 20 when it should be level 54. The number 20 is also in red whereas every other skill's number is white. Can someone help me here?

Check the "active" section on the magic tab. Sounds like you might be turning into a vampire!

King Boo

go to a shrine. there is one in whiterun where that crazy priest guy is talking.

maybe i'm wrong. Justin thinks you could be a vampire, and I haven't gotten that disease yet...so if that's the case idk what you should do.

If its not being caused by a disease its a glitch, I think it fixed itself after I spent a point in the perk tree.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Enchant 'em with Banish and you'll be selling them for thousands of septims.

Yeah, I figured there were more valuable enchants out there. I don't have Banish yet.

Sucks that Enchants are among the most leveled items in the game. Reach level 25, and suddenly you'll start finding new enchants in chests and vendors. I understand why Beth did it... the game would have been way too easy to break otherwise. A level 5 character could have 100 enchanting, save gold to get the most badass enchanted item in the game, DE it, and then put that enchant on all their shit.

But it's still annoying that at level 25, "Fortify Destruction" literally does not exist in my world of Skyrim.

There is no soft cap, you gain perks all the way to lvl 81.

Holy! I was playing under the impression that you stopped gaining perks after 50. That changes my whole outlook on my character. Time to be consumed by this game again.

Just hit 60 hours and about to hit 37.

Bentendo

Yeah it's definitely not a disease or vampirism. I went back a few save points and the effect wasn't present, but now I have to kill two dragons again. :(

FStop7

Banned
My crib in Markarth is fucking pimp shit. The lousy part was dragging 1500 pounds of junk from my house in Whiterun to the new place. A "moving service" mod that lets you tag items and warp them between homes would be wonderful.

I accidentally killed Lydia.

So did I. Three times. She kept charging directly in front of me right as I was in the midst of a two hand power swing. I got fed up with reloading saves and retired her as my go-to adventuring companion. I married her and she now runs the household while I'm away.

You need to use the potion before the actual disease turns you into a vampire. Otherwise you have to go through the long quest line to have that shit removed from you.
You were kidding, right?

It went like this:

"bring me a black soul gem and I'll cure you. It will be very diff..."
"you mean something like this?"
"how did you ... Fine, whatever. Here, boom, you're cured."
"kk, thx"

So disappointing.

So, if what I read earlier is correct, I should be at the point where I stop absorbing Dragon Souls now. I think I have every shout unlocked, and need only 11 more Words of Power to complete 'em all. I have 11 souls left in "storage", too. I just killed a dragon and it didn't dissolve, but it was at a place where this happened before, so I'm waiting until I encounter a random dragon somewhere else.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
What's the payoff? I followed him for like15 minutes... and then my game crashed. :/

He leads you to a graveyard where a bunch of skeletons pop out and attack you and there is a chest there. Like most chests I imagine the contents are random but mine had like 10 gold, a healing potion and some crap ring or another.

You were kidding, right?

It went like this:

"bring me a black soul gem and I'll cure you. It will be very diff..."
"you mean something like this?"
"how did you ... Fine, whatever. Here, boom, you're cured."
"kk, thx"

So disappointing.

Wasn't so easy for me. I was already stage four and I had to get the soul trap spell/scroll to even perform that shit which meant I had to go to a shop keeper without them trying to kill my pasty ass. Getting my feed on was hard. Finally did it with a few tips here.

When I went back to the guy to perform the spell he told me to wait for him at dawn at some sacred place. I wait there and he doesn't show up. Fuck that. So I go looking for him and discover a dragon has attacked the town. I just barely manage to defeat it. Find the guy, ask him what's up and he finally heads to the meeting place to do the ritual.

EXGN

Post-Companions question - (spoilers ahead)

So I've completed the Companion line and I seem to be getting a mix of generic quests (killing animals, beating up shop keepers, clearing forts) with some story-related ones (curing Farkas' of lycanthropy, showing him a dragon, getting the werewolf totems for Aela).

Is there a post-Kodlak story? Do getting the totems do anything?

Wasn't so easy for me. I was already stage four and I had to get the soul trap spell/scroll to even perform that shit which meant I had to go to a shop keeper without them trying to kill my pasty ass. Getting my feed on was hard. Finally did it with a few tips here.

When I went back to the guy to perform the spell he told me to wait for him at dawn at some sacred place. I wait there and he doesn't show up. Fuck that. So I go looking for him and discover a dragon has attacked the town. I just barely manage to defeat it. Find the guy, ask him what's up and he finally heads to the meeting place to do the ritual.
I had to go to the circle as well, but it was already dawn, so I followed him. When we got there, he performed the ritual and was done.

It's amazing how different the experiences can be.

Aesius

He leads you to a graveyard where a bunch of skeletons pop out and attack you and there is a chest there. Like most chests I imagine the contents are random but mine had like 10 gold, a healing potion and some crap ring or another.

The loot system is really, really bad in this game. It becomes especially obvious around the 40 hour mark.

Kikarian

So did my first enchantment, disenchanted "Resist Fire by 15%" on some ring. Then applied it on my boots, then it only came up "Resist Fire by 2%" is this because I used lesser soul gem?

Dresden

Adventured with Marcurio for a while before telling him to take a hike because it became clear, after a Spriggan ambush, that he was the hero and I was the sidekick.

Felt bad man.

Dizzy-4U

I have a question about the beginning of the game. I'm already 65 hours in so I don't remember much.

There was an injured dog wondering around the city right after the dragon attacked. I told the dog to "go home" and he slowly walked out the city. I still feel bad about that dog and I kinda want to find him now. Anyone knows where he is?

Kikarian

I have a question about the beginning of the game. I'm already 65 hours in so I don't remember much.

There was an injured dog wondering around the city right after the dragon attacked. I told the dog to "go home" and he slowly walked out the city. I still feel bad about that dog and I kinda want to find him now. Anyone knows where he is?
I got that dog, as a companion, it died sadly. I'm not sure where you will find it now. But I am sure you will find more when travelling.

Same thing here... Except I came across him in the Reach. I'm wondering too.

Your avatar is wow. Who is that?

kvn

This game is so random. Finally decided to do the Thieves Guild questline and headed to the island where you have to
burn down 3 beehives
. I sat there in the middle of the night, hiding in the dark and thought of a way to do this without being seen.

Suddenly a dragon appears and decides to burn everything down.

SKYRIM

Kikarian

This game is so random. Finally decided to do the Thieves Guild questline and headed to the island where you have to
burn down 3 beehives
. I sat there in the middle of the night, hiding in the dark and thought of a way to do this without being seen.

Suddenly a dragon appears and decides to burn everything down.

SKYRIM
Sooo, did you get caught?

Philia

So uh... what are the best enchantments for a stealth archer? I may only have 14 perk points left to spend for smithing/alchemy/enchantments.

kvn

Sooo, did you get caught?

Luckily no, I basically sat in the water and listened to the fight and burning fire. After the dragon mowed down everything it decided to fly to the nearby tower ruin continuing its quest for death. Getting in unseen was easy then :)

Top Bottom