• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

ShinNL

Use spoiler tags, you lazy asses.

Uploaded a new video. Do not watch this if you haven't found a place where you used 2 claws to proceed (!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-EfQw5gDw
Skip to 60% of the video for some crazy speed dual wielding action.

This part was so damn fun I reloaded like 6 times before continuing the game :p

Rookie

Neo Member
Alright, seeing how Skyrim bricked my PS3 and now I can't play, there's not much I can give to this thread so I decided to make an iPhone 4 wallpaper. It's kind of a fast job and not very clean, but if you guys like it, I can spend a bit more time and make it better. I also included a version for the actual icon dashboard.

This is the one for the lock screen:

Now it is my lock screen, awesome.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
By the way...

I hate the Blades of this game. No wonder the Blades are running out of members - the last two are either incompetent or assholes.

Seriously, why did you want me to kill the most badass dragon teacher? Sure he's an old foe, yet he tells you he has reformed. The fact that they didn't even scold me when I didn't kill the dragon I rode on is kinda weird too.

Can't join the Blades if I don't kill Paanthrax (sp?)? Well, Blades here suck!

Alright, seeing how Skyrim bricked my PS3 and now I can't play, there's not much I can give to this thread so I decided to make an iPhone 4 wallpaper. It's kind of a fast job and not very clean, but if you guys like it, I can spend a bit more time and make it better. I also included a version for the actual icon dashboard.

This is the one for the lock screen:

A66tf.jpg

It looks much better on the iPhone with the black frame around it.

And here are 3 patterns for the main dashboard:

http://i.imgur.com/usrhm.jpg - Darker background
http://i.imgur.com/ybInp.png - Blurred background
http://i.imgur.com/8sqBK.png - Partially blurred background (best if you only have a few rows of icons with folders, as I do)

This is the original image I used. If you guys want some other area, just tell me. I can't go around making versions of everything, so say the dragon to the right, or the character in the center or something... and I will make another 1 or 2 patterns..

http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/default/files/gallery_files/skyrim_teaser_wall_0.jpg

Awesome thanks. Using it as my android background. :D

Stupid question : How can I get to the top of the greybeard mountains ?

I finished to learn all they shouts, got the horn, but there's still a sort of wind that I an't pass...

Stupid question : How can I get to the top of the greybeard mountains ?

I finished to learn all they shouts, got the horn, but there's still a sort of wind that I an't pass...

Keep playing through the main quest, a way through opens up later. It's not something you can miss.

krioto

All the destruction hate is a bit odd.

I'm level 37 pure destruction mage - currently at 92 - I did previously use a sword in RH but I've stopped.

Destruction is fine if you equip say thunder-bolt or incinerate in LH, and use a destruction-type staff in the other.

I'm wielding a staff of fireballs and use the above spell as well, and have no worries taking people down. Pre-battle, cast stoneflesh and you're good. Also use heavy armour braces/boots with majicka boosting/regen enchantments.

Master Robes of Destruction +
Morokai
+ Ebony gloves/boots - looks badass

Regarding Conjuration - what level does does the Dremora Lord conjuration spell become available?
Sanguine's staff
is good, but it'd be good to lose the 8 pound weight.

Man, someone dropped the ball with Disarm. If you make me fight in dark tombs with monsters who can disarm, Candlelight won't do. Make a damn spell that highlights everything on the ground, how fucking hard can it be, Bethesda? Just spent 3 minutes walking baby steps trying to find my two swords.

ShinNL

Man, someone dropped the ball with Disarm. If you make me fight in dark tombs with monsters who can disarm, Candlelight won't do. Make a damn spell that highlights everything on the ground, how fucking hard can it be, Bethesda? Just spent 3 minutes walking baby steps trying to find my two swords.
1. Get a dog, get a follower, conjure atronachs.
2. Cast magelight on all of them.
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!?

GhaleonEB

That was one of my favourite quests so far, having the children circle around me cheering that I'd killed Grelod was great. I had her marked down on my 'to kill' list before I ran into that quest anyway.

My daughter has been wanting to off her for a while, she'll be delighted to learn how to do it officially. And yeah, we both had her marked for death as well, from the get-go. :lol

I must say, I miss Goblins, Rats and detect life :(

Falmer are basically goblins, skeevers are rats and I thought detect life was in?

OG Kush

Anyone else have a huge bounty on them in Markath after doing that forsworn murder investigation quest? Guards are comin at me from eveRywhere and it's good I guess to grind my skills but it's becomming really annoying... What do I do?

Arjen

My daughter has been wanting to off her for a while, she'll be delighted to learn how to do it officially. And yeah, we both had her marked for death as well, from the get-go. :lol

Falmer are basically goblins, skeevers are rats and I thought detect life was in?

Yeah, detect life is in.

Liethe

Anyone else have a huge bounty on them in Markath after doing that forsworn murder investigation quest? Guards are comin at me from eveRywhere and it's good I guess to grind my skills but it's becomming really annoying... What do I do?
If this is the part I'm thinking of, you needed to
surrender and go peacefully with the guards. They will throw you into a special prison and it will start some additional quests for you.

nickcv

guys is possible to change language on the pal ps360 version of skyrim?

please answer i want to import the game from the uk for my brother but his english is not really that good...

STG

guys is possible to change language on the pal ps360 version of skyrim?

please answer i want to import the game from the uk for my brother but his english is not really that good...

I don't think so

I have the German version and it only has German and I think French voice/text, so I think the UK version only has English

Tonight I was hired by a small child to murder an old lady, for revenge and spite.

Woo hoo! I love killing old ladies in their sleep.

Might have to do the Dark Brotherhood next. That was a fun warm up lap.

Sleep? Pfft.
I put an arrow through her head from a dark corner in front of the kids.

Anteater

The
shrouded armor
seems pretty good from the DB questline with kind of a low armor rating, I kind of wish I started this questline first, are there any other good unique armors in the game? Been wondering if the unique ones could be improved with smithing and how much I could improve them, kind of dislike the dragonscale armor look.

The
shrouded armor
seems pretty good from the DB questline with kind of a low armor rating, I kind of wish I started this questline first, are there any other good unique armors in the game? Been wondering if the unique ones could be improved with smithing and how much I could improve them, kind of dislike the dragonscale armor look.

You can get a more powerful version of that armor later on in the questline.

I am now the Arch-Mage!

College storyline was so good until the end, where it just fizzled and ended. A shame.

Rockin the Arch-Mage Robes and
Morokei's Mask.

Woorloog

Banned
Quick question. I have 5000 gold. Should I buy a house or save up for better houses?

Breezehome is pretty small but easy to get if you do main quests.
Other homes are larger (if not much for the cheaper ones) but getting them is harder, for example, to get Riften Honeyside you need to a lot of fetch quests for the people of Riften, requiring uncommon stuff. Do you need safe place to store loot now?
Earning 5k gets easier and easier of course. I'd probably buy Breezehome in your place.

Carcetti

Do any of the ownable houses have a proper basement/cellar? I'm inspired by the cabbage collection picture to start a very creepy collection of my own.

Atruvius

Do any of the ownable houses have a proper basement/cellar? I'm inspired by the cabbage collection picture to start a very creepy collection of my own.
Solitude's mansion has a basement. There's an alchemy station and an enchanting altar. Also two glitched mannequins that turn invisible if you put clothes on them. And upper home doors won't even if you have the key, at least for me. Only entrance I can use is throught the cellar.

Darklord

Banned
I can't believe how many people have this game. I'm seeing people on my facebook that I never even KNEW played games and they are chatting about skyrim saying how good it is. Not even younger guys either. Heavy metal guys in death metal bands in their 30's and 40's and hot women you'd never peg as a gamer are playing it. This game is a monster. And I for one welcome the beast!

Mik2121

It's been only half a day since Skyrim broke my PS3 and I.. need.. to play. But I can't afford a new PS3 right now :( Maybe I'll go and buy Skyrim for the 360... but if I wait until January (end of, sadly..) I could just get a new PS3 and continue playing on my 60hours+ save file.

If I start again on the 360, I will probably build a similar character, but with a different race I guess.

What should I doooooooo :(

(PS. I'm going to Spain for 2 weeks during Christmas, and also on January I start working full time so I'll have more money by then... and also I won't have much time until then to play because of the 2 weeks in Spain visiting my family)

Skyforged weapons are messed up, they are better than Orcish at least. Didn't try Ebony (my smithing is at 68), but my guess is Skyforged will still come on top. Snap an enchant on them and you are g2g.

Skyforged weapons are messed up, they are better than Orcish at least. Didn't try Ebony (my smithing is at 68), but my guess is Skyforged will still come on top. Snap an enchant on them and you are g2g.

Ebony is better than Skyforged. But yeah, Skyforged weapons are very powerful considering how easy they are to get.

Zeliard

Regarding Conjuration - what level does does the Dremora Lord conjuration spell become available?
Sanguine's staff
is good, but it'd be good to lose the 8 pound weight.

At Conjuration level 75 you can buy it. From a practical standpoint it's pretty much the only summon you'd ever need due to how insanely powerful Dremora Lords are, especially once you're able to summon two at once.

I find Dead Thrall to be a lot of fun, though, and since I've gotten that I've been using it often.

Meteorain

I swear Frost mages are the biggest bastards I've come across. Especially if they are boss types.

I fought this one guy in Yngvild Barrows called Aldonis (sp?) and the fucker cast like 6 frost spells in a row that slowed me to a crawl and did huge damage. I had to cheap it out by using power attacks to run away and hide for a bit, and then come back stealthed to surprise the fool and actually get into range.

Dragon swoops on mammoth

Giant attacks dragon

Dragon kills giant

Bear comes in and kills dragon

I kill bear and loot them all

-Skyrim

I employ sneak to close in on a mage

I ready my weapon for mage blood

Asshole Housecarl decides to run past me and attack

Mage kills us all

My housecarl is Leeroy Jenkins

-Skyrim

Wallach

So, do I have to kill a specific dragon in order to use specific shouts?

No, you just have to find the word wall. You spend absorbed dragon souls like currency in the Shouts menu to unlock any particular shout you have learned at least the first word for. Each additional word in the shout costs a dragon soul, up to three words. The longer you hold down the shout before releasing it, the more words go into the shout before using it (the full three word shout will automatically get used if you just hold it down until it fires).

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
So the DB just gave me a contract in Markarth.

Guess that's another questline I wont be finishing -_-

Have to save the DB for my 3rd playthrough now.

Dunlop

Dragon Dropping question - Being an archer/1h/shield/light armor user, is there any reason I should hold on to dragon bones/scales?

If not, any recommendations on where to sell them? I have a crapton now

Wallach

Dragon Dropping question - Being an archer/1h/shield/light armor user, is there any reason I should hold on to dragon bones/scales?

If you invest in Smithing perks, you can use them to make a set of light armor. If you aren't investing into Smithing, though, they can be sold to most general stores.

spoiler question for people that have done the first Dark Brotherhood mission and also have already discovered the
dwemver underground
ruins

So the first contract kill for Dark Brotherhood takes you to some really technological ruins, they guy that needs killing is very close to the entrance but i noticed the dungeon continued, so i pushed through and eventually open a door to the Dwemver ruins, beautiful place, but im only level 15 and im wondering, am i supposed to be here? i found 2 ice trolls and they pwn me so bad!!!, i can barely handle 1

Dunlop

If you invest in Smithing perks, you can use them to make a set of light armor. If you aren't investing into Smithing, though, they can be sold to most general stores.

thanks!

I'm about 55 in smithing right now, I just thought the scales would only be for heavy armor. Are the bones used for anything?

Drazgul

thanks!

I'm about 55 in smithing right now, I just thought the scales would only be for heavy armor. Are the bones used for anything?

Heavy armor needs both scales and bones, light armor just scales. Might as well save them unless you're desperate for cash, since selling the dragon armor pieces is much more profitable than just off-loading the bones/scales themselves.

Only just now running into a dwemer ruin? Markath is built on one and there are quite a few around the world. Have at it.

I'm level 48 atm and haven't been to one yet. Found one randomly on my travels, but it looked like a silly place so I didn't go there.

MrBig

spoiler question for people that have done the first Dark Brotherhood mission and also have already discovered the
dwemver underground
ruins

So the first contract kill for Dark Brotherhood takes you to some really technological ruins, they guy that needs killing is very close to the entrance but i noticed the dungeon continued, so i pushed through and eventually open a door to the Dwemver ruins, beautiful place, but im only level 15 and im wondering, am i supposed to be here? i found 2 ice trolls and they pwn me so bad!!!, i can barely handle 1
Only just now running into a dwemer ruin? Markath is built on one and there are quite a few around the world. Have at it.

webrunner

Even if you intend to use them later, there's enough dragons about that you can just go find one when you need scales.

i-Lo

Thank you so much.

Btw, 2 questions:

1. I have just acquired the company of Lydia and the ability to purchase property in Whiterun. With asking price being 5000 pieces of gold, I was curious to know if there are some easy way to earn gold coins hastily?

2. My character model has been showing 2 arrows sticking out of him (one in the throat and the other in the leg) and was wondering if there was a way to visually remove them?

Anyone?

Marco1

Loving this game for xbox 360 so much.
It's the first game in a looooong time that makes me think about it when I'm not playing it.
I just wish they had released a mid-range collectors edition that didn't have that stupid statue.

Top Bottom