• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Ponti

One thing though, aren't the ingots and soul gems limited in number? As such, is it wise to deplete the collection of enchanted or smith weapons/items?
Nope both are part of vendor lists which refresh every 24 hours. Some NPC's also have them in their loot lists plus there are tons of veins in the world. There is also a soul gem which
can be used and recharged constantly without being destroyed

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
And investing in Stamina. Each 10pts of Stamina gives 5pts of carrying capacity.
EDIT DAMMIT, how did i miss the edit?
I don't know. You made me read my previous post very carefully to make sure is was comprehensible. I thought for a few seconds I went insane and lost the ability to communicate.

sixghost

I'm kind of amazed how big a difference getting the first Speech perk at the beginning of the game, and actually putting points into stamina makes, in your supply of gold. I almost never had more than 1000 gold using my mage, but then I remade as a dual wielder, and I've been rolling in it almost the entire game.

scy

silly question to ask at this point... but how do i use the poisons that ive collected???

They're in the Potions menu. Simply use them as if they were a Potion and the game will ask if you want to apply it to your weapon. They're one-shot charges, however, so aim well if you're an Archer.

Can anyone help me with a smithing problem... I enchanted some armour and gauntlets with fortify smithing, but when I put them on, the stuff I can make and improve actually gets worse. Anyone know why this is? I'm wearing Dark Brotherhood armour normally so that doesn't have any effects I'm losing when I switch.

Ponti

Is it possible to replenish the bar for additional effects on enchanted weapons? Or once it's empty, do you need to use an enchantment again?
Soul Gems recharge enchanted items. Select the weapon in your inventory and hit T (not sure what it is on consoles) then select a Gem. Higher quality Gems gives you more charges.

krioto

Soul Gems recharge enchanted items. Select the weapon in your inventory and hit T (not sure what it is on consoles) then select a Gem. Higher quality Gems gives you more charges.

On PS3 it's R2 to select the soul gem to recharge the weapon (once in the weapon menu) - this can only be done if you have captured/full soul gems. The amount of charge you get is directly related to the soul gem type - so less from petty, and full re-charge from grand/black soul gems

Zaptruder

Banned
The worst thing about the shield slamming perk isn't that it unbalances the game. It's that you end up wasting hours just slamming whole towns around. It's stupid fun lining up as many guards and townspeople as possible and making them all fly out of the way.

I really don't understand why everyone's complaining about the loot... maybe it's because I'm a mage and just sell everything anyway, but it hasn't seemed horribly out of proportion to my level to me. Maybe it's because I'm still relatively low level though.

Well, that's the thing that rubs people the wrong way. In Morrowind, you could go to Ghostgate right away and get a full set of Glass Armor. It was fun knowing things like that (or seeing them in your travels).

In Oblivion and Skyrim loot is randomized and scales to your level - you will never find a vastly overpowered weapon.

webrunner

Well, that's the thing that rubs people the wrong way. In Morrowind, you could go to Ghostgate right away and get a full set of Glass Armor. It was fun knowing things like that (or seeing them in your travels).

In Oblivion and Skyrim loot is randomized and scales to your level - you will never find a vastly overpowered weapon.

Are you sure that's true with everything? I know I've found a few glass weapons way before they are popping anywhere commonly.

Edit: Do Artifacts (Daedric or Dragon Priest) scale with level? What about non-artifact uniques?

Sharp

Well yeah, but you also don't face vastly overpowered enemies that would require you to have said vastly overpowered weapon. As long as it's done well, the scaling doesn't bother me thaaaat much. It would be nice to have a more grindy version of the game without scaling though.

webrunner

I was playing last night and was sneaking into a bandit camp, when suddenly a bunch of the guards went on alert. Noticing it wasn't me they were after, I thought it might be my companion and/or horse.. but there's a lack of fireballs being thrown, so I'm curious what's going on.

It turns out it's a pair of Mudcrabs, one big and one small assaulting the bandit camp. They actually take out 4-5 bandits before running out of my vision range.

SKYRIM

Also, Some fun videos I encountered:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I27fHbX770
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCrhDamN82k

Are you sure that's true with everything? I know I've found a few glass weapons way before they are popping anywhere commonly.

Edit: Do Artifacts (Daedric or Dragon Priest) scale with level? What about non-artifact uniques?

Daedric weapons scale. The extra effect is constant, however your level determines the base damage of the weapon.

HildyB

They're in the Potions menu. Simply use them as if they were a Potion and the game will ask if you want to apply it to your weapon. They're one-shot charges, however, so aim well if you're an Archer.

o_O ... never applied it to my arrows.. this game just keeps opening up more and more. Thank you.

scy

ah awesome... i was actually scared my character would drink the poison haha :p

Well, they can IF the Poison you made was given a Potion name. If you make a Potion of Resist Shock that just so happens to also cause 200 Poison Damage, then you'll drink it to apply a Shock Resistance to your character ... and then take 200 Poison Damage. Poison/Potion naming is decided by the first listed effect on the resulting item.

o_O ... never applied it to my arrows.. this game just keeps opening up more and more. Thank you.

Nobody applies them to arrows. The in-game text says you put it on the Bow. wtf game!

They still work as you'd expect them to, just the in-game text seems a bit silly :/

thefil

Well, they can IF the Poison you made was given a Potion name. If you make a Potion of Resist Shock that just so happens to also cause 200 Poison Damage, then you'll drink it to apply a Shock Resistance to your character ... and then take 200 Poison Damage. Poison/Potion naming is decided by the first listed effect on the resulting item.

Nobody applies them to arrows. The in-game text says you put it on the Bow. wtf game!

They still work as you'd expect them to, just the in-game text seems a bit silly :/

I've had weird experiences where I make a bunch of healing potions, they are named healing potions, have no negative effect, but have the poison bottle shape and make a poison sound when I drink them.

i-Lo

Nope both are part of vendor lists which refresh every 24 hours. Some NPC's also have them in their loot lists plus there are tons of veins in the world. There is also a soul gem which
can be used and recharged constantly without being destroyed

Oo.. thank you.

Btw, for how long to items like poison applied to weapons stay active? (I did not observe a bar as for an enchanted weapon when I added frost bite poison to my bow).

Dunlop

Are the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood quests independant of each other (i.e can you be both).

The Main quest brought me back to the dude who triggers the thieves guild stuff and I had to go a couple of missions in (I am officially a member) before the dialogue for the main quest would appear.

Was planing on doing the DB, I like the Thieves guild stuff so far but not killing people is hard :p

ShinNL

I'm thinking of smithing different pieces of armor for looks and enchant some stuff with 2 handed damage (I have no perks in that tree) and hang in Skyrim that way. My char got too powerful for her own good. Anyone feel like joining this 'quest' :D? (Specialize yourself in a school that you have no perks in).

Wow. Judging by how many questions there are about soul gems/enchanting, there are probably a lot of first time Elder Scrolls players out there. Thats nice to see.

webrunner

Are the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood quests independant of each other (i.e can you be both).

The Main quest brought me back to the dude who triggers the thieves guild stuff and I had to go a couple of missions in (I am officially a member) before the dialogue for the main quest would appear.

Was planing on doing the DB, I like the Thieves guild stuff so far but not killing people is hard :p

One of the DB members actually suggests joining the Thieves Guild to help mitigate the whole "murder is illegal" thing.

gdt

Auzura Gem, you shall be mine. The Thieves Guild main quest is looooooong. Love it. Tackling companions afterward, I think.

Where is the Steed Stone?

wtf, I am at level 8 and 2 trolls raped me. are they strong as dragons or what?

i-9HNNHvS-XL.jpg

TheKurgan

My horse is batshit insane! Anytime we run across bandits, when I dismount he goes into a frenzy and tries to kill anything that moves, and he does not stop attacking until the last bastard is dead. For example, yesterday I came across some bandits in a tower with a bridge over a river, as soon as I got off my horse he ran up 3 flights of stairs and kill the archer on top of the first tower. Then he runs across the bridge (almost knocking me off in the process) and killed another bandit shooting arrows at him. Is this normal?

Kyoufu

Question about perks for mages. I have 2 unused points to spend but can't get anything in the Destruction or Conjuration trees yet. Any other tree worth investing in?

Top Bottom