• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

RTS83

I can't be the only one who laughs every time I go to sell something to Eorlund and he says, "Gods be praised," in the most desperate 'thank god someone actually wants to buy my shit' tone of voice I've ever heard...

Can I?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
You can get some places that function as a house.. and apparently a couple of shacks count (alchemist and meeko's) but it's pretty easy to get tthe 5k gold to get your first house with.
Looks like I'm buying a house. Where do I go to do that as I haven't even talked to one person who's selling.

Darkman M

So, curious- I've carried every book since I started the game. Is there a spot to put them in for safekeeping or do I have to buy a house?

I would think you would need a house, i trusted one of my followers with thousands worth of gear and misc items, sent her back to her place, came back to get her and all my stuff was gone. I can't say for sure, but i only store valuables in my houses.

MrBig

Looks like I'm buying a house. Where do I go to do that as I haven't even talked to one person who's selling.

Don't buy the house in Whiterun. Get the house in Markath. It has tons of bookspace.

Talk to the steward and he will give you some work, and then you'll do some quests for the Jarl.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
You can buy one once you complete "Dragon Rising", the first time you kill a dragon. The Jarl's assistant sells them.
I know exactly who you're talking about. I haven't gone back to Dragonsreach much so I forgot. Gonna do that ASAP. I'm guessing I need lots of bookshelves.
Thank you Darkman as well.

Don't buy the house in Whiterun. Get the house in Markath. It has tons of bookspace.

FML I haven't been there yet. I guess I can walk there and just buy the house as it would be added to my fast travel locations after that. I just don't want to go fully exploring regions I have no business in yet. Kinda letting the game flow as it may.

MrBig

I know exactly who you're talking about. I haven't gone back to Dragonsreach much so I forgot. Gonna do that ASAP. I'm guessing I need lots of bookshelves.
Thank you Darkman as well.

FML I haven't been there yet. I guess I can walk there and just buy the house as it would be added to my fast travel locations after that. I just don't want to go fully exploring regions I have no business in yet. Kinda letting the game flow as it may.

You can take a caravan straight to it (50-200 gold I think) so that you can do the exploration at your own pace.

37CBWl.jpg

Visceir

Yea, kinda sucks how you can't disenchant some items. I got a dagger with +25% critical chance, would have loved to have that on a bow.

I actually got the dawnbreaker just now, at lvl 50. I was using purely bows until lvl 47 and then moved over to destruction magic and maxed out that, now I'm using the dawnbreaker+shield combo to level up my block/one-handed/heavy armor skills. It's decent enough to take down most stuff and it's fun to use when there are undead around.

Also using the heavy ebony armor that poisons everyone around you even though I don't have a single perk point in heavy armor. Still doing fine, guess I'm at a level where it doesn't matter anymore and when something does give me trouble I can just switch to bow and take them down with ease.

Somebody, relieve my troubled mind and post a screenshot of the game with the two moons in the sky. I can't seem to remember ever seeing the second, smaller moon in my game.

Oh, and 360 users in particular, any of you ever recall hearing this song in-game? I don't. :(

Hey guys, I just did something really cool in this game. It's not really spoilerish at all as it hardly references any details, but rather reveals some enticing information in the hope of giving Skyrim players more to enjoy - does anyone know a forum where I can take this information without getting antsy people all upset? Cheers.

ajf009

MrBig said:

Talk to the steward and he will give you some work, and then you'll do some quests for the Jarl.

You have to be at least level 20 before you can buy the Markarth house however

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I got what I want out of the Thieves Guild,
the Nightingale Armor, but I find myself caring more about Karliah and the fate of the Guild than I expected to. Maybe I should see this through before I go join up with the Brotherhood.

Anybody know where I can buy the spell Invisibility?

abundant

So, I just equipped the wooden mask and travelled back in time to before the Labyrinthian was a ruin - I hope the reward for having all 8 of those masks is worth it?

You get a 9th Dragon Priest mask. When wearing it, whenever your health is low, it has a chance to heal wearer and damage nearby enemies. It may very rarely summon a Dragon Priest to assist the wearer as well.

CHEEZMO™;32959229 said:
Asking again, because the answer determines if I restart with a new character or not.

Why can't you go there? Are you doing the Civil War quest with the Forsworn? Finishing it returns the town to normal.
So go directly to jail. You don't lose any of your items.

Hey guys, I just did something really cool in this game. It's not really spoilerish at all as it hardly references any details, but rather reveals some enticing information in the hope of giving Skyrim players more to enjoy - does anyone know a forum where I can take this information without getting antsy people all upset? Cheers.

Just use spoiler tags man. It's really not that hard.

I would call
travelling through time
pretty spoilerific, myself. I sure as hell haven't done that quest line yet.

Just use spoiler tags man. It's really not that hard.

I would call
travelling through time
pretty spoilerific, myself. I sure as hell haven't done that quest line yet.

Haha, my edit was facetious but ultimately light-hearted. It's as spoilerific nowadays in this thread as mentioning werewolves (which I still haven't encountered / had the chance to turn into) or any of the other cool things in the game.

kitch9

Banned
Is it normal to be level 25 and still questing in Whiterun? I've got loads of quests queued up too... The only guild I've joined so far is the companions.

Haha, my edit was facetious but ultimately light-hearted. It's as spoilerific nowadays in this thread as mentioning werewolves (which I still haven't encountered / had the chance to turn into) or any of the other cool things in the game.

I still try to spoiler tag even stuff like that, but you're right, some people just take it so for granted now that they'll just say it like that.

In other news, I'm definitely not the only one who hasn't heard this song the game. It's from a 360 rip, so it's very strange that it just doesn't play.

Aeana

I've spent all day leveling enchanting. I just finally maxed it and made my -magicka cost equipment. Have robes, circlet, ring and necklace with -25% destruction and -25% conjuration cost each. <3 <3

it sucks so much that merchants and crafting menus don't take your chest at home and companion into account, ugh.

so much times lost because of item management.

Nose Master

Anyone else have a mountain of potions in their inv constantly that are more or less worthless? I should drop all of it, but maybe, maybe I'll need that 30% conjuring potion someday. (I haven't ever used conjuring.)

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Why can't you go there? Are you doing the Civil War quest with the Forsworn? Finishing it returns the town to normal.
So go directly to jail. You don't lose any of your items.

I've already done that quest. The game is bugged so they initiate the quest-specific arrest dialogue whenever they see me. If I say I'll go with them the conversation loops back on itself. I leave the convo and they attack me.

So do I have to go there or not? Because I don't want to waste all this time for nothing. I've already had to stop doung the Dark Brotherhood stuff because the first proper contract is in Markarth,

Sorry for being curt, but y'know.

Dresden

Anyone else have a mountain of potions in their inv constantly that are more or less worthless? I should drop all of it, but maybe, maybe I'll need that 30% conjuring potion someday. (I haven't ever used conjuring.)

I sell everything except for health/magicka potions.

Arol

Quick question about Thieves Guild and General Thievery, spoiler tags because not sure if it's spoiler-y:

I finished all the quests guild apparently, just need the 24 gems for the crown,but aside from seemingly unlimited quests by Vex and that other guy, am I done? I was really enjoying it. :(

Also; I've stolen so much stuff, including when taking into account Bedlam jobs but noone's sent anyone after me. I thought even if you didn't get caught you'd still get bandits after you. A bit disappointing in this regard, might get myself caught or see how jail is in general.

Also, sell the potions, I make so much gold just selling the stuff.

IoCaster

I was doing the DB quest to kill
Hern the vamp
and decided to sneak up to the shack and scope things out. Out of nowhere a dragon comes swooping down and lights my ass up. I stand up, turn around, pull out my bow and get ready to cut loose when a courier runs up and starts giving me that Dawnstar museum pamphlet. I get locked in place by the dialogue while the dragon lands behind me and proceeds to scorch my butt. The courier finishes giving me the message and runs away screaming about dragons. Meanwhile I'm popping health pots and trying to make a fight of it. Suddenly the targets wife
Hert the vampiress
runs up and starts helping me kill the dragon. Suffice it to say that I ended up sparing her life even though I'd initially planned to kill her too. This game continues to catch me off guard with some of the absurdity that constantly crops up in any given situation. Shit just happens.

scy

Quick question about Thieves Guild and General Thievery, spoiler tags because not sure if it's spoiler-y:

I finished all the quests guild apparently, just need the 24 gems for the crown,but aside from seemingly unlimited quests by Vex and that other guy, am I done? I was really enjoying it. :(

Well, they're unlimited but
doing 5 of the quests in Windhelm, Whiterun, Markarth, and Solitude will get you 4 more quests to truly finish off the Thieves Guild questline
. Unsure if you meant you did these or not.

Dunlop

Are you penalized if you kill for the thieves guild quests?

I'm on the bee one, I was told not too but there is like 2 dozen mercenaries. So far I have left a swath of carnage..fuck this shit if it is the case

DB here I come

Arol

Well, they're unlimited but
doing 5 of the quests in Windhelm, Whiterun, Markath, and Solitude will get you 4 more quests to truly finish off the Thieves Guild questline
. Unsure if you meant you did these or not.

Yeah, those as well.

It's just that (Post-Thieves Guild Stuff):

After becoming a bit of a badass with Thieves Guild Armor, Joining the Nightingales and becoming Guild Master, there would be some way to flex some muscle aside from just access to the special chest.

Thanks for the response though, here's to hoping they add some cool DLC to go along with it.

I'm on the bee one, I was told not too but there is like 2 dozen mercenaries. So far I have left a swath of carnage..fuck this shit if it is the case

DB here I come

No.

But you can sneak through that mission with good timing and/or potions/invisibility if you want to role play the mission.

Spoiler about that mission though if you're worried:

Burning more than three beehives will cost you the mission gold

Dresden

DB here I come

I killed 'em all with no repercussions. You don't even have to sneak through it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anybody know where you can buy Invisibility? Muffle is useless to me for anything but raising illusion with my perks and armor. Really want to go predator on some bandits.

CHEEZMO™;32960147 said:
I've already done that quest. The game is bugged so they initiate the quest-specific arrest dialogue whenever they see me. If I say I'll go with them the conversation loops back on itself. I leave the convo and they attack me.

So do I have to go there or not? Because I don't want to waste all this time for nothing. I've already had to stop doung the Dark Brotherhood stuff because the first proper contract is in Markarth,

Sorry for being curt, but y'know.

Bad bug. With the main quest, nothing that I know of requires that town.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I was kinda let down by the thieves guild and dark brotherhood. I had fun doing them, but I think I enjoyed the Oblivion versions better.

Top Bottom