• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
thats because shop keepers will never sell more than 2 ebony ingots at once and rarely have any in stock...My suggestion is to go to the gloombound mine east of windhelm as there is a shit ton of ebony ore there with a forge, smelter, workbench and grindstone right outside of it I made full epic Ebony armor with a few weapons there in like 20 minutes

also fyi you will have to do a miscellaneous quest to get in

It really shouldn't be rare for you to be able to buy at the very least 6 ebony ingots between the three smithers there. The dude at skyforge usually has 6 by himself. Sometimes the dude inside the smithing shop (not the lady) will have half a dozen himself every other time.

Dude at solitude also often has a couple. One cycle between riften, solitude, and whiterun always nets me what i need. But mining is also an option i guess.

i-Lo

While targeting your companion, hold down the action button and you'll get a context-specific crosshair. You can have them move to a position and wait, attack something, pick a lock, empty a chest, etc. depending on what you're pointing at.

If you are talking about Lydia, she is at the limit of burden as well.

Glassboy

So I think my brother fucked me...Well, more specifically my save. We both play on the computer and he accidentally saved over my save. I have a quick save around the same time as the save that he destroyed. However, as soon as I load up that save I die almost instantly from a magic trap. Is it possible to cheat and make myself invincible just so I don't get fucked instantly? My next save back is like 5 hours and I don't want to have to do everything I did again. Any help in these dark times would be very helpful. Thanks!

Jintor

So I think my brother fucked me...Well, more specifically my save. We both play on the computer and he accidentally saved over my save. I have a quick save around the same time as the save that he destroyed. However, as soon as I load up that save I die almost instantly from a magic trap. Is it possible to cheat and make myself invincible just so I don't get fucked instantly? My next save back is like 5 hours and I don't want to have to do everything I did again. Any help in these dark times would be very helpful. Thanks!

open console with ~

type 'tgm'

close console

There's a God mode console command that you can use to survive the trap.

balddemon

Banned
i am so desperate for skyrim ....
that i'm playing oblivion
on my dads computer until we go home and back to my computer...

Umi88

Open the console with the tilde-key (~) , and type
"TGM" (without the quotes) that will activate god mode

edit: oh well.. I'm late ^^"

jfkgoblue

It really shouldn't be rare for you to be able to buy at the very least 6 ebony ingots between the three smithers there. The dude at skyforge usually has 6 by himself. Sometimes the dude inside the smithing shop (not the lady) will have half a dozen himself every other time.

Dude at solitude also often has a couple. One cycle between riften, solitude, and whiterun always nets me what i need. But mining is also an option i guess.

well I tried that, but it didnt work for me... but going to the mine worked fine anyway like I said I quickly got my armor and made it epic

eek5

someone mentioned that quest items don't actually weigh anything and that it's "flavor" weight. i'm not 100% sure.

Most don't, some appear to have weight. I dropped everything I had and I was still carrying 14 lbs of quest items so who knows?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Found some mage argonian and a white chick up in between some mountains in the North when I was on my way to a quest with Vikos for the Companions. Did a quest with three (!) companions, it was amazing.

Not long before that, a thief ran up to me when I had Mercurio with me. Crazy woman just ran right at me, she was saying some shit but I didn't have time to listen, I just ACTED. I took the greatsword and gutted her, but it happened RIGHT as Mercurio nailed her with a lightning bolt. Dudes, she was being electrocuted AND gutted at the same time!! I felt like a god. As soon as she fell off the sword, she flew back a hundred feet! It was insane.

Mercurio disappeared when the Companions quest with Vikos was instantly initiated. Will he be back at Riverun where I found him? Dude kind of has a lot of my stuff on him.

Tom Penny

This game with mods is purty

TESV2011-11-2523-30-11-42.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What do I do with a spell book if I already have the spell, sell it?

Hahahaha. I murdered Nazeem's (I have no idea what the Cloud District is, alright?) wife about 50 in game hours ago. I just murdered Nazeem and his wife put a bounty on me from beyond the grave!

GhaleonEB

Click and hold right stick, then use up/down on left stick on a controller.
Huzzah, thanks!

Do you go to the fletcher in Solitude? His shop is right next to the blacksmith there. I don't use archery but maybe he has a larger choice of arrows.

I just went to him. He did have an ebony...arrow. Just one. :lol

Bought a couple dozen Dwarven arrows off him, though. The blacksmith is still selling iron and steel arrows.

Double D

Got that backstab perk and immediately after that I snuck up behind someone with the dagger and when I attacked it resulted in a badass slomo throat slice. Problem is i can't get that to happen ever since. What's the deal here?

eek5

Got that backstab perk and immediately after that I snuck up behind someone with the dagger and when I attacked it resulted in a badass slomo throat slice. Problem is i can't get that to happen ever since. What's the deal here?

I always crouch down. I think you have to be hidden from the victim to activate the throat slice so wait for the eye to close and go!

The Chef

I saved up for the ability to make Daedric armor and weapons, finally got the skill and I make a bow. My Smithing skill is at 100 and I have the Enhanced Smithing of 15% equipped as well. When I go to the table to upgrade my Daedric bow I just made it doesn't even have it as an option.

Im confused, can I not upgrade Daedric to Legendary? What am I missing here??

eek5

I saved up for the ability to make Daedric armor and weapons, finally got the skill and I make a bow. My Smithing skill is at 100 and I have the Enhanced Smithing of 15% equipped as well. When I go to the table to upgrade my Daedric bow I just made it doesn't even have it as an option.

Grinding stone :p

golem

totally agree! but i think a problem arises from the fact that in Halo you only have the one single profile with the single character, but in Skyrim you can pretty much make as many characters as you like.

Bioware had that feature for Dragon Age 1

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The dragonplate armor is pretty nice, and my Lydia looks badass with ebony. Couldnt be happier. :)

screenshot8s2uo0.jpg

Really disappointing that you don't get a stealth attack multiplier bonus when using magic from stealth. Really doesn't make sense. It's not like mages can't be sneaky too!

Was watching a bit of the pre-Skyrim Giantbomb marathon, and apparently it's something that was able to be modded into Oblivion though, so it should happen at some point for Skyrim (on PC).

It's really weird to me that it's not built-in though. Balancing reasons? Perhaps.

Quikies83

^
Character looks great.

I'm a Dark Elf.. Love it...but It gets pretty annoying with everyone telling you how sick you look. I even have a dragon priests mask equipped and the fuckers start spatting out "You should probably get to bed" comments when I walk 5 feet from them.

Grisby

53 hrs and now I'm finally in Riften continuing the main quest. Gonna try to beat it this weekend at lvl 32.

Had 3 lock-ups which I guess isn't so bad for the amount of time played (360).

nib95

Banned

I was at EXACTLY the same position you were. Then I decided I'd master Alchemy, make a ridiculously powerful Smithing potion and THEN upgrade all my Daedric stuff. So basically...I've added several more hours of game time lol...

I also want to create the ultimate bad ass enchantments.

Jeff Chen

Banned
I've been stuck with my Daedric items...

I've seen a video on how to forge them, and the number I saw in that video does not match the number in my game.

My basic daedric sword has a damage of 23, and in the video, that guy had 41! And it seems everything in his forging menu has a higher parameter than mine. How was this possible? My smithing is already 101 btw.

Check the pics.

Mine:
6403621849_16d1485a7f.jpg

YouTube:
6403615005_d5d6b2cea1.jpg

Top Bottom