• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

This is probably a dumb question, but how the hell do I sell stuff? It seems like every merchant I go to only allows me to buy stuff.

I have a crap ton of stuff I want to sell and I need the cash to buy a house. Where can I unload all of this?

On the left there should be a line break in the merchant menu, the top is their stuff the bottom should be yours. But it won't appear unless the merchant buys things you have (ie weapons at weapon shop, weapon tab won't show up at alchemical shop).

parasight

Finished the Main Quest and Thieves Guild today.

MQ ending was kinda disappointing. Very anticlimactic. Easy boss fight and no loot or reward. I actually really enjoyed the Thieves Guild storyline though. The gear from that is great too.

Probably going to try out the Dark Brotherhood or finish off the Mage College next.

Mik2121

I hope you guys don't mind if I bump this once. I posted it some pages ago, but I'm bumping it for the people that didn't see it back then.
Alright, seeing how Skyrim bricked my PS3 and now I can't play, there's not much I can give to this thread so I decided to make an iPhone 4 wallpaper. It's kind of a fast job and not very clean, but if you guys like it, I can spend a bit more time and make it better. I also included a version for the actual icon dashboard.

This is the one for the lock screen:

A66tf.jpg

It looks much better on the iPhone with the black frame around it.

And here are 3 patterns for the main dashboard:

http://i.imgur.com/usrhm.jpg - Darker background
http://i.imgur.com/ybInp.png - Blurred background
http://i.imgur.com/8sqBK.png - Partially blurred background (best if you only have a few rows of icons with folders, as I do)

This is the original image I used. If you guys want some other area, just tell me. I can't go around making versions of everything, so say the dragon to the right, or the character in the center or something... and I will make another 1 or 2 patterns..

http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/default/files/gallery_files/skyrim_teaser_wall_0.jpg

Luthos

Alright so I'm gonna do a bow/dual dagger assassin character.

What one-handed perks will help dual wielding daggers? I heard the first one works (one handed damage). I also plan to get the two dual wielding perks on the right.

scy

What one-handed perks will help dual wielding daggers? I heard the first one works (one handed damage). I also plan to get the two dual wielding perks on the right.

Should be basically everything but the Sword/Axe/Mace specific ones.

Dresden

So guys, has anyone been able to figure out how bleed damage works? Specifically from axes and their perks in the one-handed/two-handed trees.

Just grab anything that doesn't specify the usage of swords, axes, or maces.

Wallach

Should be basically everything but the Sword/Axe/Mace specific ones.

I will go test a bit of this right now, but from what I understand, none of the One-Handed perks affect daggers. The only perk that modifies dagger damage is in Sneak for the 15x backstab. I'll go see about Armsman and Bladesman.

Edit - In testing, everything that you would expect works fine. Not sure who was testing this stuff before... but yeah. Unless it specifies sword, mace or axe, it should work.

TekDragon

Banned

I don't recommend you waste the points/perks on 1h melee if you're going archery. Archery is powerful enough to destroy almost everything in 1 hit with stealth. Bosses go down in 3-4 shots, and dragons in 6 or less.

1h melee can be combined with a lot of things (another 1h melee, various magic, or a shield) but it doesn't make sense to pair it with archery or 2h melee. If you do that it means you wind up having to switch around in combat all the time which is unneccesary when either archery or 2h by itself would do just fine.

Luthos

I don't recommend you waste the points/perks on 1h melee if you're going archery. Archery is powerful enough to destroy almost everything in 1 hit with stealth. Bosses go down in 3-4 shots, and dragons in 6 or less.

1h melee can be combined with a lot of things (another 1h melee, various magic, or a shield) but it doesn't make sense to pair it with archery or 2h melee. If you do that it means you wind up having to switch around in combat all the time which is unneccesary when either archery or 2h by itself would do just fine.

I get what you're saying, but it's more for role-playing purposes, or just self-satisfaction. There will probably be times that I want to slice some throats or just dual wield daggers, when I know full well I could of used a bow.

But anyway, it'll definitely be secondary in regards to perk spending compared to the sneak and archery trees.

I know she's an essential NPC, but has anyone found a way to kill Maven Black-Briar (without using console commands)? I hope that after a certain point in the questlines to which she is essential, the opportunity might arise, but can anyone affirm my hope?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Rich Merchants mod is a godsend. No longer do I have to travel between a handful of towns numerous times just to sell off unwanted crap accumulated after several (in-game) days of journeying.

Lydia...

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY

lol

brb going through a doorway, realize i was just in there, try to turn back, something's blocking my path...every...fucking...time...

And I don't know how many times I'll be in an intense dungeon with enemies everywhere and I hear footsteps so I whip around and the entire screen is filled with her face and scares the shit out of me. This broad has never heard of personal space.

zethren

Banned
I hope you guys don't mind if I bump this once. I posted it some pages ago, but I'm bumping it for the people that didn't see it back then.

Thanks man, using the crisp one (you posted for lock screen) as my main wallpaper now on my 3GS. Looks great! :)

The perks might, but the items that give +% to 1-hand damage do not apply to daggers. They start to lag FAR behind if you get a few items with those on them.

i-Lo

While targeting your companion, hold down the action button and you'll get a context-specific crosshair. You can have them move to a position and wait, attack something, pick a lock, empty a chest, etc. depending on what you're pointing at.

Ahh.. I finally got it to work. A life saving circumventing mechanic.

Lakitu

st5fu
One night, I will be exploring and the beautiful Auroras show up in the sky. I pause for a minute to take in the beautiful visuals. I change to third-person perspective and... what a beautiful sigh-- oh, Lydia's standing right next to me and she's looking right at my face.

Doodis

Stupid question time: I have the Black Star but can't figure out how to use it. I'm using the soul trap spell but it doesn't fill it up.

How does this thing work?

Wallach

Stupid question time: I have the Black Star but can't figure out how to use it. I'm using the soul trap spell but it doesn't fill it up.

How does this thing work?

After you cast Soul Trap, you have to kill the target before it wears off. Then the soul will go into the smallest empty gem it can fit inside within your inventory.

i-Lo

One night, I will be exploring and the beautiful Auroras show up in the sky. I pause for a minute to take in the beautiful visuals. I change to third-person perspective and... what a beautiful sigh-- oh, Lydia's standing right next to me and she's looking right at my face.

Truly. I discovered aurora's existence tonight. I made a save file so that I may gaze at it from time to time. Undeniably, this game has some of the best sky (boxes) in the industry today. I honestly can't remember staring at the night sky (especially) in Skyrim without feeling amazed and thinking, "If only I could a observe a tenth of that in Toronto"...

So many people are so busy looking down and straight ahead that in conjunction with light pollution it almost seems like they have forgotten the wonders that lay above. Skyrim for me is a refuge given the shitty reality (.. the advent of the matrix is nigh, lol)

ShinNL

I will go test a bit of this right now, but from what I understand, none of the One-Handed perks affect daggers. The only perk that modifies dagger damage is in Sneak for the 15x backstab. I'll go see about Armsman and Bladesman.

Edit - In testing, everything that you would expect works fine. Not sure who was testing this stuff before... but yeah. Unless it specifies sword, mace or axe, it should work.
All the perks are fine, but my 3x 40% one-handed damage boost enchantment doesn't work on my dagger. Before I made those armor pieces, the damage on my dagger and my sword was almost the same, now the sword is almost double the damage with the armor equipped. I unequipped to confirm this. So perks = fine, external one-handed boosts = fishy.

Edit: late!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
After you cast Soul Trap, you have to kill the target before it wears off. Then the soul will go into the smallest empty gem it can fit inside within your inventory.

This... and Black Soul Gems/Black Star only capture playable race souls, not creatures.

Wallach

All the perks are fine, but my 3x 40% one-handed damage boost enchantment doesn't work on my dagger. Before I made those armor pieces, the damage on my dagger and my sword was almost the same, now the sword is almost double the damage with the armor equipped. I unequipped to confirm this. So perks = fine, external one-handed boosts = fishy.

That's interesting. I wonder if it is possible to make one-handed sword sneak attacks stronger than dagger sneak attacks through enchantments?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Truly. I discovered aurora's existence tonight. I made a save file so that I may gaze at it from time to time. Undeniably, this game has some of the best sky (boxes) in the industry today. I honestly can't remember staring at the night sky (especially) in Skyrim without feeling amazed and thinking, "If only I could a observe a tenth of that in Toronto"...

So many people are so busy looking down and straight ahead that in conjunction with light pollution it almost seems like they have forgotten the wonders that lay above. Skyrim for me is a refuge given the shitty reality (.. the advent of the matrix is nigh, lol)
Get some mods, bro. It can be even better.

I can't tell if it's new moon or if my moon texture is out, lol.

Doodis

I thought I was doing this but nothing is happening. I don't have any other gems, either. I'll have to check tomorrow and do more troubleshooting.

Luthos

How long does it take for flowers/plants/crops to respawn?

Totally just plundered Whiterun's farms of leeks and cabbages, etc. My vegetable soups must be made.

Wallach

I thought I was doing this but nothing is happening. I don't have any other gems, either. I'll have to check tomorrow and do more troubleshooting.

It could be that you are not actually landing Soul Trap on the target? Only thing I can think of. Your target will softly glow purple while they're affected.

ShinNL

Soul Trap is so easy because Soul Trap enchants can be recharged with...soul trap.

This becomes trivial with the Black Star.
You mean it charges itself automatically with souls without manually charging? Because I really don't like the way I have to manually recharge.

voltron

So why the fuck cant I use my bow while on my horse? Seriously.

Im not alone in thinking that would be cool right? Trotting through woods on my trusty steed, pimped up soul catching bow equipped taking out whatever unlucky beast happens to cross my path.

Radness.

Woorloog

Banned
So why the fuck cant I use my bow while on my horse? Seriously.

Im not alone in thinking that would be cool right? Trotting through woods on my trusty steed, pimped up soul catching bow equipped taking out whatever unlucky beast happens to cross my path.

Radness.

I don't understand why the horses are as badly done as in Oblivion. Bethesda should've looked at Red Dead Redemption horses and made Skyrim's horse similar. Good controls, fast, mounted combat, whistle to call them back. And generally the horses should not take part in a fight and should have 2x more health.

Bethesda doesn't really do much with the horses in their games, they are barely even worth using in Skyrim. Oblivion had some mods that added horse combat, I assume the same will eventually be true for this game.

I don't understand why the horses are as badly done as in Oblivion. Bethesda should've looked at Red Dead Redemption horses and made Skyrim's horse similar. Good controls, fast, mounted combat, whistle to call them back. And generally the horses should not take part in a fight and should have 2x more health.

Hell, it'd be much better if horses just fled from combat. I don't need my horse attacking dragons.

Luthos

Yea, at first I thought it was cool/funny that my horse would fight people. But now, I only want it to do it if it's getting attacked as is. It kinda gets annoying when it charges dudes. Because I'll end up accidentally hitting it.

Also, maybe I imagined it, but I coulda swore one of the lightning strikes from Storm Call hit it once.

Top Bottom