• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
A Morthal guard told me I "was that College fellow", and that he'd heard about me. I used a Shout in front of his face. I'm no "College fellow", I'm the goddamn Dovahkiin.
This mod is great. I went for the reduced version.

Also, I used shield charge to blast a guard 10 feet and he eventually got back up, no agro, because he knew he must have gotten in my fucking way.

Jintor

Head to the roof of the Arch-mage's quarters to check out the view. Looking over the landscape when I hear my companion hurl some fireballs. Turn around. Dragon.

Rush to ground level so I have a better chance among the pillars. Fucking college mages stand around like idiots making ineffectual statements like "Oh no a dragon" but don't actually fight. Those dickwads.

Dragon ate me through a pillar.

cackhyena

So this might be a long shot but does anyone remember the second totem cave you have to go through for the extra work in the Companion's quest stuff? I'm early in the cave and there is spikes barring the way. It has four levers next to each other and none of the combinations I've tried with them seem to do anything. Just wondering if there is something I'm missing or if it's another glitch.

Zeliard

So this might be a long shot but does anyone remember the second totem cave you have to go through for the extra work in the Companion's quest stuff? I'm early in the cave and there is spikes barring the way. It has four levers next to each other and none of the combinations I've tried with them seem to do anything. Just wondering if there is something I'm missing or if it's another glitch.

Nah you just gotta figure it out. :p

If I recall correctly you pull the
two middle levers back

This mod is great. I went for the reduced version.

Also, I used shield charge to blast a guard 10 feet and he eventually got back up, no agro, because he knew he must have gotten in my fucking way.

Alas, I'm a console peasant. I'll have to deal with it.

First thing I'm doing once I have a new PC is buying a PC copy of this. But it'll have to wait.

Wallach

I wouldn't actually mind some sort of re-balancing mod that tweaks Destruction magic, but it would have to tweak several other things at the same time. People are just fixated on Destruction and not bothering to consider any of the ramifications from tweaking it, and what other things should be modified accordingly.

Any "Destruction magic mod" worth its salt will be tweaking far more than just destruction damage values. Yet that's all the more "popular" ones seem to be doing. Mods like that are horrendous because they take nothing else into account and don't consider how it may affect balance. With that "Improved Destruction" mod you have more powerful Destruction magic while keeping the Impact perk and possibility for zero-cost - what? That's meant to make it more balanced? One of those Destruction mods even reduces dual casting time, making stunlocks even easier.

I think there are definitely things that could be looked at - Impact, master-class spells, the end-of-line elemental perks as some obvious examples (besides some of the things we've talked about in the past regarding magic in general). The damage is such a non-issue; people parrot words like "scaling" as if the reason melee/archery is capable of reaching crazy upper limits has much to do with the weapon skill increasing weapon damage.

What people ought to be looking for is crafting balance mods if they aren't happy with how Destruction stacks against weapon skills in Skyrim.

cackhyena

Nah you just gotta figure it out. :p

If I recall correctly you pull the
two middle levers back

I swear, man. I've tried every combination and nothing is working. Just tried your way again as well. Running into more glitches lately. Just outside of here, I found a frost dragon guarding a chest, but it never moved, just stared at me. So naturally I farmed a little extra on the thing, because the other part of the glitch is it wouldn't die. Anyways, ugh, I don't know what to do for this. That Markarth quest is borked, I can't continue the Thieves Guild quest with that glitch. they are piling up here.

Wallach

I'm pretty sure this location is bugged - if the four spikes in the very front aren't raised, the levers won't interact with the door puzzle at all. I don't know if you have to reload to fix this or just leave the dungeon and return.

Zeliard

I think there are definitely things that could be looked at - Impact, master-class spells, the end-of-line elemental perks as some obvious examples (besides some of the things we've talked about in the past regarding magic in general). The damage is such a non-issue; people parrot words like "scaling" as if the reason melee/archery is capable of reaching crazy upper limits has much to do with the weapon skill increasing weapon damage.

What people ought to be looking for is crafting balance mods if they aren't happy with how Destruction stacks against weapon skills in Skyrim.

Couldn't agree more.

I swear, man. I've tried every combination and nothing is working. Just tried your way again as well. Running into more glitches lately. Just outside of here, I found a frost dragon guarding a chest, but it never moved, just stared at me. So naturally I farmed a little extra on the thing, because the other part of the glitch is it wouldn't die. Anyways, ugh, I don't know what to do for this. That Markarth quest is borked, I can't continue the Thieves Guild quest with that glitch. they are piling up here.

Hm, a quick google search seems to indicate that quest can glitch up. Some people are saying leaving the room and re-entering allows you to solve the 'puzzle' and progress the normal way.

I've been rolling with Jenassa the Dunmer archer from the Drunken Huntsman for my entire play through so far and I've got ask is every follower as accommodating to your lunacy?

She has my back no matter how evil an action I take. Do the others have any sort of reaction to the horrible things you do?

Wallach

Okay, I'll exit the cave and come back. Yeah, the front spikes aren't raised at all.

I found this out the same way as you; that place was the last location I visited in my last session (not for the same reason, I just found it). I must have spent like fifteen minutes pulling levers and looking at the door like "jesus, I'm sorry I made fun of your fucking puzzles Skyrim, cut me some slack" before I just gave up.

Just completed the Forbidden Legends quest....not sure if it was worth all of that work. I was thinking this shit was going to make me invincible the way they went on and on about it lol.

Zeliard

I've been rolling with Jenassa the Dunmer archer from the Drunken Huntsman for my entire play through so far and I've got ask is every follower as accommodating to your lunacy?

She has my back no matter how evil an action I take. Do the others have any sort of reaction to the horrible things you do?

Some seem to be goody-two shoes who won't take kindly to you stealing certain things. This happened to me with one follower I had. I think it was Marcurio, probably crying about me stealing stuff from Imperials.

cackhyena

Okay, backing out worked. Moving on now. Thanks fellas. Fuuuuck I'm gonna hate this one. Spiders are the worst. I don't even wanna collect my arrows from those things.

Yo Gotti

Banned
The one hit kills in this game are such bullshit and should never happen to the player character... Just got 1 shotted by a weak ass guardian ghost...

Until Bethesda designs a solid combat engine they shouldn't even be thinking of adding shit like this to the game.

I was getting really sick of every second quest being "Go and kill forty Draugrs in this cave". so I decided to focus on something less kill-all-the-dudes oriented and went to join the Bard's College. Apparently they only accept applicants who can kill forty Draugrs in a cave :|

Skirn

Anyone else getting random bounties? I have a 2000 gold bounty on my head but I don't remember ever killing any innocents. Maybe I should stop using the horizontal two-handed swing...

Is there a way to see in which region this bounty is? I've talked to guards in every major city I've visited yet but no-one tries to arrest me or lets me pay it off.

Kyoufu

omg

I was told to assassinate someone...

So I go to the building...

Sneak... then as the NPC walks to her bed, I dual cast Fireball.. BOOM! Massive explosion in the room, the NPC laying dead on her bed.

SKYRIM

I LOVE THIS GAME

Gorgon

Okay, backing out worked. Moving on now. Thanks fellas. Fuuuuck I'm gonna hate this one. Spiders are the worst. I don't even wanna collect my arrows from those things.

Get used to it. Some puzzle-quests are bugged. I was in one that you needed to use elemental spells to move an apparatus around to certain positions and either it didn't move at all or only moved into two different positions. Spent maybe 20 minutes in that place until I reloaded and realized it was borked.

Get used to it. Some puzzle-quests are bugged. I was in one that you needed to use elemental spells to move an apparatus around to certain positions and either it didn't move at all or only moved into two different positions. Spent maybe 20 minutes in that place until I reloaded and realized it was borked.
I think they just fucked with you. You didn't need the fire spell.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really fell out of love with this game as a 2h user, but I started putting points into 1h sword and shield, and I learned that you shouldn't play 2h in this game. Because it's boring compared to everything else

Yeah, I had a bug on that same puzzle that caused the light beams to disappear.

Jintor

Holy motherfucking shit. I hit a dragon mid-air as it tried to dive-bomb me and it flung itself headlong into the ground and nearly crushed me with its body as it crash-landed.

flkk

Neo Member
Recommendations on how to make money to buy a house?

I spend everything I get on levelling up skills and can't seem to be able to save up the 5k.

nib95

Banned
Ok so apparently one handed skills up based on the number of hits, not the strength of them. Has anyone tried equipping an iron dagger and just hacking away at a Mammoth? Maybe even two iron daggers.

My armour/block is so strong I can pretty much take hits at whim, so I'm thinking this might be helpful. Anyone tried it?

Drazgul

Recommendations on how to make money to buy a house?

I spend everything I get on levelling up skills and can't seem to be able to save up the 5k.

Steal everything that isn't nailed down. Get an amulet of Zenithar (+10% sale prices), Blessing of Zenithar (same effect) and
Masque of Clavicus Vile
for better sale prices. Before selling weapons/armor, improve and enchant (with whatever effect increases the value the most) them. Alchemy is also an endless supply of cash if you put some effort into leveling it.

No need to spend all your cash in training, really, you won't be gimped even if you never use them (you get gimped from picking the wrong perks).

There are a few ingredients, like Giant's Toe, that show up in my inventory but not when I want to combine it with something at the Alchemy lab. What gives?

LOL! Same thing happened to me except I parted ways with the douche prisoner with his head still intact :/ ...I was tempted though. Man I hate the Thalmar. Apparently so those everyone else. I murdered the three Thalmars in front of Whiterun soliders and no bounty.
I was walking through the city later and one of the guards commented about the Thalmar slayings and said that I sure knew how to pick my enemies.
I encountered some thalmor, their leader got a little too lippy, so I killed the first two. Turn around and can't see the third guy, so I start chasing after the prisoner and free him despite being an imperial auxiliary. No sooner does he take two steps than the third thalmor comes out of nowhere and guts the guy. I couldn't help but laugh. Silly Stormcloak, lol.

Divius

Quick question: I have the
skeleton
key and am now at the mission where I am to return it. Obviously I kinda want to keep it myself. Can I? Or am I forced to return it once I get there?

So I decided to get into enchanting today after ignoring it and I made a sword with absorb health and fiery soul trap. Then I saw you could name your own weapons. There was only one choice really considering the enchantments.

ICHjy.jpg

ElyrionX

I was getting really sick of every second quest being "Go and kill forty Draugrs in this cave". so I decided to focus on something less kill-all-the-dudes oriented and went to join the Bard's College. Apparently they only accept applicants who can kill forty Draugrs in a cave :|

LOL. This happened to me as well. I was bitching about it in OT1. There are just way oo many quests in this game that revolves around dungeon diving.

Finalow

So I decided to get into enchanting today after ignoring it and I made a sword with absorb health and fiery soul trap. Then I saw you could name your own weapons. There was only one choice really considering the enchantments.

ICHjy.jpg
the hell, damage 90? I thought the legendary daedric sword with 50 damage was the best weapon of the game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
LOL. This happened to me as well. I was bitching about it in OT1. There are just way oo many quests in this game that revolves around dungeon diving.

They have all been fun but I do agree. At least some of them are super short and they all have been varied thus far but I'm only 30 hours in.

Anyone check my house question from above? I could use the advice/help. I haven't done those underground missions yet so I don't know if I need to do more to get the house in Markath.

Top Bottom