• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

voltron

I was about to ask stupid question then realised the stupidity of it and in spite of all that Ive decided to ask it.

Q: Any changes to the 360 install issue regarding textures etc?

A: No you fuckwit, clearly theyre has been no title update so obviously nothing has changed.

AEREC

Just found a dog called Meeko outside of Solitude. He led me to the shack he lives in, where his owner recently died of Rockjoint.

I took the poor mutt with me, I just couldn't leave him behind. :lol

I found him and let him tag along...he died from a Sabre attack shortly thereafter.

I wish you could have a guard dog that stays at your house instead of a Housecarl.

I want some DLC that adds some tougher pooches. I don't need a killing machine but I do need an attack dog that lives a bit longer.

Or a trained Cave bear. Yes, I could definitely make do with one of those.

AEREC

This game needs a house with more Mannequins...Windhelm has the most so far with 3...but I havent bought the Solitude or Riften house yet (if there even is one).

Hopefully DLC will include a fortress or something for fighter characters like Oblivion did...but just have a giant room devoted to displaying armor and weapons.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
i got a quest to kill some kind of leader in some ruins outdoors, but the place was totally deserted.

got the quest completion message....
Last night I saw a giant kill an orc, then I killed the giant. Just past where this happened was an empty orc camp. I think we can all guess what happened before I got there.

SKYRIM.

Astra

Sure you can, but with alchemy you can make better fortify enchant potions than you'll ever find as loot (not smithing tho, Blacksmith's Elixir gives +50% which is better than what can be made with alchemy). You can also make those potions/poisons worth 3,000+ with alchemy if you're short on gold. :p

Actually, you can make smithing potions which increase weapon improvement 130%.

I've been making various equipment for a few of my companions, and now they've become quite overpowered as well. Even on Master
Vilkas
takes enemies out in a few hits, and very rarely enters recovery mode due to too much damage.

On that note, though, does anyone know of any other creatures aside from Mammoths that have a Grand Soul?
Giants only have a Greater Soul, it seems.

Last night I saw a giant kill an orc, then I killed the giant. Just past where this happened was an empty orc camp. I think we can all guess what happened before I got there.

SKYRIM.

I also came across this yesterday, though Orcs were left alive in my case. I just hope they stay alive long enough for me to complete the quest I was given.

CHEEZMO™;32974541 said:
I have a question.

Is it possible to disenchant the Shrouded Gloves?

I'd like to put the effect on some Thalmor gloves I got hold of because I love the way they look, heh.

I'm not sure about those specific gloves, but there's several items that can't be disenchanted. I believe all the Dragon Priest Masks are some items that can't be disenchanted. (Same with all the various mage robes?)

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I have a question.

I'd like to put the effect on some Thalmor gloves I got hold of because I love the way they look, heh.

Woorloog

Banned
CHEEZMO™;32974541 said:
I have a question.

You cannot disenchant most of the special enchants... i suggest you save and check if you can. There are some that do work, like Poacher's Axe.

Drazgul

Actually, you can make smithing potions which increase weapon improvement 130%.

On that note, though, does anyone know of any other creatures aside from Mammoths that have a Grand Soul?
Giants only have a Greater Soul, it seems.

Ah right you are, serves me right for listening to someone on the bethesda forums instead of trying it for myself. Dragon priests and dremoras have grand souls as well; not an easy source, granted.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
You cannot disenchant most of the special enchants... i suggest you save and check if you can. There are some that do work, like Poacher's Axe.

Hmm.

Yeah, I think I'll save and try it out at a table.

Edit: where could I enchant in Solitude? Can't be bothered moving somewhere else.

Q8D3vil

Ulfric speech when you see him in windhelm for the first time is so fucking epic
can't believe how epic some of the dialogues in this game are.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Ulfric speech when you see him in windhelm for the first time is so fucking epic
can't believe how epic some of the dialogues in this game are.

it's not that epic when you hear it for 10th time - every time you enter the palace to talk with his companion.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The only one I remember except the the Winterhold one. This game is clearly not about complicated quests.

Even this one was very easy, but at least entertaining.

Definitely easy. You zapped some guys with your staff. It felt pretty weird and cool though. Surprised me and that's what's keeping the game fresh. It still feels like I just started and even 30 hours in I'm always engaged.

Amir0x

Banned
i am still amusing myself by being an elf working for the racist stormcloaks. It's amazing how much they don't seem to care except for the occasional questioning of my motives.

Astra

Ah right you are, serves me right for listening to someone on the bethesda forums instead of trying it for myself. Dragon priests and dremoras have grand souls as well; not an easy source, granted.

Can you conjure your own Dremora Lord, kill him and steal his soul?
Definitely something you *shouldn't* be able to do, but wouldn't be the first time I saw such an oversight.

I just ran into a Dragon Priest for the first time, my cheeks were well and truly spread.

I remember the first time I ran into one. It was kind of early in the game, and I was exploring Forelhost (I think that's the name). He used fire attacks, and being a Dark Elf I have a high resistance to fire, and I also drank a resist fire potion. So I'm standing in flames, not taking much damage at all, and just slashing that bitch up. His staff was pretty overpowered for me at such an early point in the game, enchanted with the spell Wall of Flames. I think I was only level 12.

Don't think I got an answer to my question a few pages back... I have some armour and gloves enchanted with fortify smithing, but when I wear them the strength of the weapons and armour I can create and upgrade goes down, does anyone know why? Nothing from my usual armour has any smithing perks I'm losing when I change, not sure why it is happening.

i am still amusing myself by being an elf working for the racist stormcloaks. It's amazing how much they don't seem to care except for the occasional questioning of my motives.
Hah I was pretty close to joining that side but after being shittalked endlessly I just said fuck it and became a tool for the empire.

Drazgul

Can you conjure your own Dremora Lord, kill him and steal his soul?
Definitely something you *shouldn't* be able to do, but wouldn't be the first time I saw such an oversight.

I think (again, second-hand information, I'm saving conjuration for another character) they disabled that for Skyrim; fond memories of summoning golden saints and then trapping their souls in Morrowind, but yeah that's one fix that's probably for the better. :p

scy

Don't think I got an answer to my question a few pages back... I have some armour and gloves enchanted with fortify smithing, but when I wear them the strength of the weapons and armour I can create and upgrade goes down, does anyone know why? Nothing from my usual armour has any smithing perks I'm losing when I change, not sure why it is happening.

Are you losing +One-handed Damage and/or Armor skill? That's the only reason it would change what you see on them when you're creating the equipment as your Smithing skill does absolutely nothing there.

Zeliard

I haven't done much with the Stormcloaks yet but it strikes me more that Ulfric is the big prick and most of the others are sort of reluctantly following some of his more heinous ideas (Gray Quarter) because he's ultimately still the most capable war leader.

The mentality with the Stormcloaks generally seems to be one of "Ulfric barely tolerates non-Nords, but if you're willing to fight for Skyrim, I don't really give a shit."

That's lame. When do you recommend getting smithing to 100? I'm scared enemies will be too tough for me if I do it right now (level 13 at the moment).

I pushed smithing to 90 around Lvl28-30.

Also - do I need two soul gems to make two enchants using Extra Effect, or does one soul take care of both?

Are you losing +One-handed Damage and/or Armor skill? That's the only reason it would change what you see on them when you're creating the equipment as your Smithing skill does absolutely nothing there.

Ah yes I am, because I lose the bonuses for all light and matched armour when I'm changing. Thanks for the reply.

RE: Destroying the dark brotherhood

I did the quest to kill the orphanage mother from that kid. Nice touch having that tie in to the dark brotherhood storyline. What I didn't expect was that the woman who kidnapped me was the fucking leader! Not realising this, and not wanting to comply with her demands, I killed her (with some difficulty and quite a few reloads may I add) and nicked all her stuff! Hope I didn't jump the gun or anything, but it does seem like it's going along with it just fine so far so should be fine. Just thought it was funny.

Kyoufu

I did the quest to kill the orphanage mother from that kid. Nice touch having that tie in to the dark brotherhood storyline. What I didn't expect was that the woman who kidnapped me was the fucking leader! Not realising this, and not wanting to comply with her demands, I killed her (with some difficulty and quite a few reloads may I add) and nicked all her stuff! Hope I didn't jump the gun or anything, but it does seem like it's going along with it just fine so far so should be fine. Just thought it was funny.

What did she have on her?

So I am confused. I killed my 2nd dragon (in the level where I have to get the Horn for the grey beards) and I didn't get any souls to enable a dragon shout. What happened?

Do I need to level smithing to obtain the dragon armor? I don't want to gain levels and be underpowered for enemies.

Yes, you need it on level 100!

This is not true, you do not need smithing to get dragon armour. Yesterday I picked up Dragonscale boots in a chest in a dungeon. I'm currently at level 41 and just found them for the first time. So I would assume the rest of the armour pieces will also show up at some point as random loot in chests as time goes on. My smithing is only at about 70 right now and the only perkS I have unlocked is arcane smithing and whatever the first one is (steel?).

BeeDog

So I am confused. I killed my 2nd dragon (in the level where I have to get the Horn for the grey beards) and I didn't get any souls to enable a dragon shout. What happened?

Sometimes the game spazzes out and won't reward you with a soul. Don't worry, just continue playing, since dragons become as common as cliff racers eventually.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
This is not true, you do not need smithing to get dragon armour. Yesterday I picked up Dragonscale boots in a chest in a dungeon. I'm currently at level 41 and just found them for the first time. So I would assume the rest of the armour pieces will also show up at some point as random loot in chests as time goes on. My smithing is only at about 70 right now and the only perkS I have unlocked is arcane smithing and whatever the first one is (steel?).

It is better to just level up smithing. You will be able to get them way earlier, and when you do, you will be able to upgrade them.

That's lame. When do you recommend getting smithing to 100? I'm scared enemies will be too tough for me if I do it right now (level 13 at the moment).

I just did it gradually, every time I went to the smith's to sell my weapons I'd see if there was anything I could make, even if the equipment was shit just use up your resources. You can sell the spare equipment you make and your smithing will rise at a good rate. I'm level 43 and mine has just reached 100 through doing it this way.

That's because the game actually has a quest that flows from making that decision.

It's pretty short, it just involves working together with some Penitus Oculatus-agents to find the sanctuary and then wipe out everyone in it.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
What do you do with the Unusual Gems?

I asked that guy inside the gate in Riften, which crossed off the "ask an appraiser" thing, but now I don't know what to do.

Are they actually for anything?

Astra

CHEEZMO™;32975418 said:
What do you do with the Unusual Gems?

I asked that guy inside the gate in Riften, which crossed off the "ask an appraiser" thing, but now I don't know what to do.

Are they actually for anything?

Bring it to Vex in the Thieves Guild. I haven't completed the set, so I'm not sure what you get for finding them all.

Top Bottom