• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Kyoufu

Wait wait wait.

I was just told that you won't gain levels if you get smithing to 100 if you don't actually select your stat (magicka/health/stam)...

Is this true?

You may have to become a member of the Thieves Guild first. Haven't messed with it yet.

Yes, you need to. Don't know what the whole set gives you.

Wait wait wait.

I was just told that you won't gain levels if you get smithing to 100 if you don't actually select your stat (magicka/health/stam)...

Is this true?

I only did it within one level, but no - the progress bar will remain full, however the moment you go into Skill menu and level, the bar will move according to the progress made i.e. after you fill the whole progress bar the game still keeps track of your accumulated experience, the bar doesn't stop until you level up.

Sethos

Banned
See a shrine.

Get the blessing.

Be disappointed.

X0THd.png

MrBig

Wait wait wait.

Is this true?

The game won't level you until you manually level yourself no matter what.

Zeliard

See a shrine.

Get the blessing.

Be disappointed.

Talos has no love for traitorous Imperial scum.

I think it's just a glitch with the text. Someone earlier mentioned they had a 0% thing show up once when they were still getting the real effect :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You may have to become a member of the Thieves Guild first. Haven't messed with it yet.

I did that quest in a wacky order so now I have "Become a full Member of the Thieves Guild" as a quest item when I've already
become a Nightingale.

AEREC

it's not that epic when you hear it for 10th time - every time you enter the palace to talk with his companion.

I think he's talking about the dialogue you hear from him when joining the stormcloaks...which I will say was pretty well written as well.

Zeliard

CHEEZMO™;32976012 said:
What does the
Marked for Death
shout do? Whenever I use it on someone it seems to have no effect.

Lowers enemy armor and saps their health over time. I only have the one word version so far but I've found it quite effective at times.

Lakitu

st5fu
That's because the game actually has a quest that flows from making that decision.

It's pretty short, it just involves working together with some Penitus Oculatus-agents to find the sanctuary and then wipe out everyone in it.

So you're saying
I can kill that evil bitch in the orphanage, then kill that Dark Brotherhood person and then I'll get a quest to take out the sanctuary?

I killed the old hag in the orphanage in her sleep, was hidden and now I have the kids chanting for the dark brotherhood and Constance running around like a mad man. Any other way to end this part of the quest?

scy

So I saw a random group of Thalmor leading a Prisoner away. Since I'm on my Nord, I decide to swoop in and viciously murder every last one of them and let the Prisoner escape. Hooray!

...wait, I got a Whiterun bounty out of this? Reload file and murder them all including the Prisoner. No bounty. What an ungrateful Prisoner :(

Yes, you need to. Don't know what the whole set gives you.

You start finding a ton of Gems as random loot. It's neat and definitely makes for a lot of profit ... except by the time you find all 24 Stones, you won't have much reason to celebrate for finding so much loot to sell.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What's the point of making more expensive jewelry, will the effects be stronger or is it just to sell?

Amir0x

Banned
Hah I was pretty close to joining that side but after being shittalked endlessly I just said fuck it and became a tool for the empire.

Yeah, I am shittalked all the time by these people.

Like, "what would an ELF do here? Probably one of those imperial SPIES!" The Gray Quarter is all sorts of fucked up too. Ulfric is fucked up. I am like some self-hating elf that wanders the land looking for friends and people just haphazardly accept my presence because for some reason I seem to be willing to pack mule their potions to the shop down the hill.

I haven't done much with the Stormcloaks yet but it strikes me more that Ulfric is the big prick and most of the others are sort of reluctantly following some of his more heinous ideas (Gray Quarter) because he's ultimately still the most capable war leader.

The mentality with the Stormcloaks generally seems to be one of "Ulfric barely tolerates non-Nords, but if you're willing to fight for Skyrim, I don't really give a shit."

I dunno, I've been shittalked by a LOT of non-Ulfric people. In fact, pretty much everyone on the Stormcloak side blames the Elfs for the conflict in varying ways.

RyanDG

So I saw a random group of Thalmor leading a Prisoner away. Since I'm on my Nord, I decide to swoop in and viciously murder every last one of them and let the Prisoner escape. Hooray!

...wait, I got a Whiterun bounty out of this? Reload file and murder them all including the Prisoner. No bounty. What an ungrateful Prisoner :(

There's some weird stuff going on there.

From what I've found, if you want to do those missions without gaining a bounty, you'll need to release the prisoner first. Whenever I try to do them without releasing the prisoner first, I always seem to get a bounty. But when I do release them first, since the guards attack you first, it doesn't seem to give you a bounty.

I believe this is a glitch, but it's getting pretty annoying. I will fast travel to, let's say Solitude, and the guards will say "Stop right there!" and ask me to pay my fine. I use the option saying that I'm with the Thieves Guild, since it's about half the normal fine, and then the guard says "Okay, leave before I get in trouble." So I start walking away and the SAME guard tries to arrest me again. Why does it keep doing this?

Also, I am a Stormcloak and I saw another Stormcloak fighting an Imperial so I joined in and killed the Imperial, and the Stormcloak tries arresting me! I was confused.

Darklord

Banned
I dunno, I've been shittalked by a LOT of non-Ulfric people. In fact, pretty much everyone on the Stormcloak side blames the Elfs for the conflict in varying ways.

And yet they start a civil war right when the Elven run Dominion is just waiting to invade.

Sapphire and Rune make me think that a time crunch or something hit since they would have made for great
Thieves' Guild companion quests. Maybe one for Vex and Devlin too because why not, though you see those two enough anyway. And they already have a quest for each of them

The guy that gives you the marriage necklace isn't in the Bee pub, where else can I find him??

Sethos

Banned
Paarthurnax
sitting on his rock at sunset is almost wallpaper quality material, god dammit this game just keeps on giving me the chills with its atmosphere.

I have been reading the OT and have been watching a lot of gameplays for two weeks now and I want to play this game so bad! Unfortunately, I have to upgrade my pc first. :(

Anteater

I really need to start finding more of these dragon shouts, got a bunch of unused dragon souls, I think I've killed more dragons than bears

okenny

Banned
Man! Finally hit Solitude and its good to know that there is another hold in this game with class. I was getting depressed with all the rinkie-dink cities. Still haven't really seen everything but Solitude may be nicer than Whiterun.

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
Stone of Barenziah Warning

Warning: You need to make sure to pick up the Stone of Barenziah in the
Thalmor Embassy
when a quest takes you there. The only way to get it after the quest is to glitch into the
embassy
because there is no way back in. I had to use the glitch and it was a pain in the ass to do.

- Don't know why I spoilered.

Interesting glitch. Equip your character with a spell in their left hand, save, then start a different new game. When you get your first weapon, equip it by pressing right trigger on it when it's in the dead body's inventory. Your new character will have the spell from your other character in their left hand, even though they haven't learned it. Don't know if anything worthwhile could be done with this, but it's interesting.

Did I mess up on 100smithing? I went the light armor route to Dragon crafting and then realized I can't go to Draedric from Dragon. I wanted to make a daedric bow but don't want to go through all the heavy armor perks -- am I screwed?

If I find a draedric bow, can I still upgrade it to Legendary with potions/enchants? and is it the best bow? :(

Did I mess up on 100smithing? I went the light armor route to Dragon crafting and then realized I can't go to Draedric from Dragon. I wanted to make a daedric bow but don't want to go through all the heavy armor perks -- am I screwed?

If I find a draedric bow, can I still upgrade it to Legendary with potions/enchants? and is it the best bow? :(

You can still get to Legendary without the perks. It just takes some enchanted items or potions.

oneils

See a shrine.

Get the blessing.

Be disappointed.

X0THd.png

I've assumed the Talos blessing does not work because talos worship is banned in skyrim. I'm guessing that the main quest somehow fixes this? I'm not sure as I have not finished the main quest.

Top Bottom