• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

scy

I remember someone posting a hide helmet mod a few days ago...anyone got that link again?

No Helmet Mod.

Are you sure about this? I didn't think you could upgrade armor like Daedric armor or weapons without having the perk that allows the upgrade.

The perks merely lower the amount of skill you need to reach Legendary. With the Perk, you need a skill of 91. Without the Perk, you need a skill of 196. So, you can reach Legendary without it just fine if you utilize Enchanting or Alchemy.

However, the Perk will let you get higher stats out of the equipment when you go to Upgrade them.

Edit: Need to refresh more :(

Locke_211

For about the last week I've been slowly saving up for the 100,000 Gold trophy. I figured once I have that much, I can spend as much as I like, while if I buy the same things before getting it, it'll just take longer to get. Robbing rich people's houses is fun! The biggest impediment hasn't really been finding stuff, it's been selling it, especially stolen goods, since I've only got two fences at the moment. But I'm at 85,000, so the end is finally near!

Once I can spend again, is that pretty much enough money to buy whatever I want for the rest of time?

Dresden

Man, Krosis took a while to kill. Atronach sign + 40% fire resist + 50% elemental warding shield perk meant that his fireballs were barely tickling me, but he has a ton of health on Master and all I had was my dagger. >.> Disappointed by the mask, loaded with three skills I never use.

Cynar

Wow, Riften is really corrupt. A visitor tax? Really? It's a shame, because I like the city. Guess it's time to fuck some people up and clean this mess of a town.

E: I wanna marry Sapphire. <3

I left riften when I couldn't change how corrupt it was. Makes me sad. Only downside in this game that has really bothered me.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I'm REALLY having trouble in the
Thalmor embassy
:/

No idea where to go once I get my gear and I keep getting found.

Sethos

Banned
CHEEZMO™;32978614 said:
Thalmor embassy

No chance of getting through undetected unless you worked on that skill. I fought my way through.

MrBig

I've assumed the Talos blessing does not work because talos worship is banned in skyrim. I'm guessing that the main quest somehow fixes this? I'm not sure as I have not finished the main quest.

Its just a labeling bug. Its a 20% reduction.

Wouldn't expect anything else from Kud. :lol

Also, there's a 'gate' to Cyrodiil very similar to the gate to Morrowind people found near Riften. Only difference is you can actually pass through this one for a bit before hitting the invisible wall.

I just saw a completely annotated map, and there's no Pale Pass. Sad. :(

EDIT: Had a look at another map, and it's actually a gate to Hammerfell.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Upon second thought, no harm done, really, as I should have expected it. (The following masked text may be in reference to the initial 7000 step quest)
If I'm not mistaken, the etched tablets give you sufficient reason to believe P... daodjiajdiaidj is a dragon. At the time I was in a hurry and just sped-read the text

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
CHEEZMO™;32978614 said:
Thalmor embassy

I was a stealth character but I still said fuck stealth and murdered every one of those Thalmor bastards.

HTuran

CHEEZMO™;32978614 said:
Thalmor embassy

The end of the mission breaks if you go through without getting detected. Sucks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can someone explain a little better how you can make higher-level stuff without putting points into smithing? I have like 60 right now and I really just want to make a set of Daedric daggers to replace my main weapons.

Just played through
Labyrinthine
and thought it was awesome. Really well done dungeon with some nice, tough fights, along the way. The Skyrim world really is beautifully constructed.

HTuran

Can someone explain a little better how you can make higher-level stuff without putting points into smithing? I have like 60 right now and I really just want to make a set of Daedric daggers to replace my main weapons.

To craft items you need the relevant perk.

I think they're talking about making higher-level stuff by improving the Smithing skill using potions and enchanted apparel, then using a grindstone to improve their bought/found weapons.

Zel3

hey guys...

how do i get rid of this ice arrow

it's been stuck on me for quite a while :(

TESV_2011_11_26_14_31_09_967.png

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member
I was wondering what you guys chose in the quest line between the Forswarn and the Silver-Bloods.
Did you kill the Forsworn King, or lead him to his revenge

I honestly can't decide which choice is the right one. If I kill Madanach, the Silver-Bloods stay in power and continue to use their power to abuse the citizens of Markarth. If I let him escape, him and his army goes on a murderous rampage where they no doubt will kill numerous innocent people. Also, I don't know how rightful their claim to the Reach is. At least then, the Silver-Bloods are no longer in control.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I love the Black Star artifact, if you get the chance, screw Azura and go with the other option.

zoku88

I love the Black Star artifact, if you get the chance, screw Azura and go with the other option.

I think I'm missing something, but what does it actually do? I have it and can use it for enchanting and stuff, but what's so special about it?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, it's the best. I'm really looking forward to getting Quiet Casting so I can steal souls with backstabs.

I think I'm missing something, but what does it actually do? I have it and can use it for enchanting and stuff, but what's so special about it?
It can hold grand souls and you never lose it.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.

It lets you capture the souls of humans, which are always top grade souls.

So harvest a bandit and you get a grand soul.

Lakitu

st5fu
Damn. I thought
Sarthaal was going to be this huge cool dungeon considering it was an ancient city sacked by the Elves.
Disappointing :(

Spoiler Warning.

I was wondering what you guys chose in the quest line between
the Forswarn and the Silver-Bloods. Did you kill the Forsworn King, or lead him to his revenge

I honestly can't decide which choice is the right one. If I kill Madanach, the Silver-Bloods stay in power and continue to use their power to abuse the citizens of Markarth. If I let him escape, him and his army goes on a murderous rampage where they no doubt will kill numerous innocent people. Also, I don't know how rightful their claim to the Reach is. At least then, the Silver-Bloods are no longer in control.

Use spoiler tags if you want to avoid spoilers.

[spoiler ]spoiler goes here[/spoiler]

Just remove the space between the first brackets.

Damn. I thought
Sarthaal was going to be this huge cool dungeon considering it was an ancient city sacked by the Elves.
Disappointing :(
Same. It was just a Nordic ruin like all the rest. :(

Same with the Labyrinthian, I think, though I haven't been through it. It was this big-ass dungeon in the first TES and now it's back, but I dunno how faithful it actually is. :lol Having never played the first game, I doubt I'll ever know.

GhaleonEB

Use spoiler tags if you want to avoid spoilers.

[spoiler ]spoiler goes here[/spoiler]

Just remove the space between the first brackets.
Please. I read "spoiler warning", started scrolling and still caught the end if it. I didn't even know it was a quest line, much less led to that. Arg.

Top Bottom