• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Is the amulet of mara random? I can't find it where the wiki said it could be found.

nm, it is

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Mine doesn't even hurt people, it's shit! Fire breath is the only decent one I've had so far and even then I only use it to slow the enemy down rather than for damage.

Use it when you're near a cliff or high ground.

Anarchistry

Guys, I think my game must be bugged. I'm near the end of the Forbidden Legends quest, in
Reachwater Rock, where I'm supposed to reforge the amulet. However, I'm trying to get through this door with the Emerald Dragon Claw I found. I looked at the claw in the menus and found the sequence I need to open the door. But for some reason, it's not opening.
Did this happen to anyone else? Is there any solution or am I fucked?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I just finished the main quest...does anyone think Oblivion's was better? JUST the main quest.

I just finished the main quest...does anyone think Oblivion's was better? JUST the main quest.

I think the story in Oblivion's main quest was probably better, but at least there's nothing as frustrating as clearing Oblivion Gates in Skyrim. The MQ in Skyrim feels unfinished, that "ending" is such a bummer.

Eh, not really. The only problem I have with Skyrim's main quest is that it feels like it got cut short at the end: it could've benefited from a few more missions and a bit more exposition.
I honestly did not expect the game to end in Sovngarde. I expected Sovngarde to be a detour much like Paradise was in Oblivion. You'd find a way to disable Alduin's connection to the soul ream and oust him back into Tamriel. Maybe then you could've followed him as he moved to attack one of the major capitals and destroyed him there.

The way there were several questgivers spread across the land could also get quite annoying. By comparison, Oblivion's main quest was a lot more straightforward. But ultimately, they both have their high points and low points.

Zeliard

I dunno, I've been shittalked by a LOT of non-Ulfric people. In fact, pretty much everyone on the Stormcloak side blames the Elfs for the conflict in varying ways.

Hehe I've yet to chat with most of the people around Windhelm and other Stormcloaks but Ulfric is certainly quite an asshole with his ghettoizing of Dark Elves. From my Dunmer's point of view, it's the lesser of two evils, ultimately.

There was that one Stormcloak guy in Windhelm who offers you a quest to go slap around some bandits who torment the elves in the Gray Quarter, so at least he's cool.

I'm on the verge of
invading Whiterun
right now with the Stormcloaks. Curious to see what the ramifications will be.

Use it when you're near a cliff or high ground.

I pulled that off the other day. I was trying to sneak up on a bandit camping on a high tower and when she spotted me I just sent her flying. As funny as it sounds I was proud of myself for doing it, I really didn't expect it to work as well as it did. I also like that when you shout at enemies that are on a small slope. They just start tumbling down the slope and don't go into their recovery animation until they hit level ground, so they can be sliding downhill for quite a while. Not only is it funny to see, but it's also saved my life more than a few times.

exYle

Guys, I think my game must be bugged. I'm near the end of the Forbidden Legends quest, in
Reachwater Rock, where I'm supposed to reforge the amulet. However, I'm trying to get through this door with the Emerald Dragon Claw I found. I looked at the claw in the menus and found the sequence I need to open the door. But for some reason, it's not opening.
Did this happen to anyone else? Is there any solution or am I fucked?

If I recall correctly, you need two Dragon Claws to get through the two doors. What I did was activate the keyhole, which gave me the clue as to which claw to use. It should be the other Dragon Claw that you used to unlock one of the Gaulder tombs.
Alternatively, if you sold all your Dragon Claws, when you unlock the first door, the pattern (I think) will align with the solution of the next door.

Anarchistry

If I recall correctly, you need two Dragon Claws to get through the two doors. What I did was activate the keyhole, which gave me the clue as to which claw to use. It should be the other Dragon Claw that you used to unlock one of the Gaulder tombs.
Alternatively, if you sold all your Dragon Claws, when you unlock the first door, the pattern (I think) will align with the solution of the next door.

I have
both claws, but the door isn't opening, no matter what I do.

moojito

I see a lot of spoilers in here with no indication of what they're about. It kind of goes against the whole point.

"Hey guys, I just started reading harry potter and I'm wondering
when snape kills dumbledore?
"

etc

Zeliard

Rebel scum.

I think you mean glorious freedom fighter fighting for what is right and good. ;)

It's sort of fun playing as a Dunmer because both sides are equally reprehensible to them, and more than most other races. The Stormcloaks for obvious reasons, and the Imperials because they're the pets of gross High Elves. And of course the whole imperialism thing.

Visceir

Spoiler Warning.

I was wondering what you guys chose in the quest line between the Forswarn and the Silver-Bloods. Did you kill the Forsworn King, or lead him to his revenge

I honestly can't decide which choice is the right one. If I kill Madanach, the Silver-Bloods stay in power and continue to use their power to abuse the citizens of Markarth. If I let him escape, him and his army goes on a murderous rampage where they no doubt will kill numerous innocent people. Also, I don't know how rightful their claim to the Reach is. At least then, the Silver-Bloods are no longer in control.

I did that quest just today. Don't think there is a "less evil" option, both sides are just awful. I sided with the Silver-Bloods first but when I went back to tell the paranoid guy about things I was greeted by city guards who had killed the guy and wanted to throw me in jail. I killed all the ones in the house but then when all the guards outside were agressive towards me too I figured it might be smarter to just let them take me to jail. In the jail I heard Madanach's side of the story and found out about all the injustice but as we were escaping I got all the gifts from Madanach and then killed him as we were about to exit back to the city from the tunnel.

It seems like siding with the forswarn would mean no access to the city anymore and I wasn't willing to give up that. Besides, the forswarn were assassinating people too.

Guess I can go back later and see if I can assassinate the Silver-bloods leader too.

The most annoying part is that I did this all after the civil war and the city is ruled by a stormcloaks jarl...and I'm pretty much a hero for them, yet those corrupted guards dare to stand up against me.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh my I just came across a sidequest in a bar in Whiterun. Some guy challenged me to a drinking contest:

Holy crap what a ride that quest was, I was all over the place. And in between going to places I had to take on 2 dragons randomly. Had a ridiculous battle where a dragon swooped down on me while I was fighting off 3 bandits and 2 wolves. It took them all out and a random rabbit. By the end you get some sanguine rose? I don't know what a daedric is but sounds interesting.

fugimax

So I just
killed the 2nd dragon
... while following the main quest line is great, what stuff should I be doing? I kinda want a house, but don't have tons of gold (just like 3.5k)..

Game is fun, but I feel like I'm missing a lot for some reason. Maybe it's because the game isn't very hand-holdy.

webrunner

So I just
killed the 2nd dragon
... while following the main quest line is great, what stuff should I be doing? I kinda want a house, but don't have tons of gold (just like 3.5k)..

Game is fun, but I feel like I'm missing a lot for some reason. Maybe it's because the game isn't very hand-holdy.

sell dragon scales/bones - there will be more, and the house is only 5k. ahtough you can get a free one in Markarth, and I think the various guilds count as houses when you're done

turn on tracking on every Misc quest.

talk to everyone (including shopkeepers)

go in random directions

at least open every book, some lead to quests

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I had an amazing dragon battle last night.

Well, it sucked at first. The beast kicked my ass, forcing me to use up all my potions and all my good arrows. I literally ate all my food, all my potions, even my fucking HP+ potion ingredients. I finally beat the bastard, and then looked to my left and noticed a few mammoths in the distance.

"OH SHIT, I GOT AN IDEA."

So, I reloaded my most recent pre-dragon save, run up the mountain to his lair, and coax him into fighting me. But this time, I haul ass straight for the giants' camp. Works like a charm. The giants start wailing on the wyrm, and the mammoths join in, too. A little bit later a group of hunters chasing wolves join in, and then a group of three bandits. It was an orgy of blood and hilarity, and let me tell you, that save file is going straight to the cloud on December 6th.

Shit, I have a bugged quest item in my inventory: Red Eagle's Fury. I have one copy in my chest at home but today was exploring and found another copy. Without thinking I picked it up, and now I can't drop it.

okenny

Banned
Mine doesn't even hurt people, it's shit! Fire breath is the only decent one I've had so far and even then I only use it to slow the enemy down rather than for damage.

You can buy them from Riften.

I have three of these amulets but only bought one :/ I wonder if I can get married three times?

Sec0nd

So how do you catch the butcher in Windhelm?

I know it is Calixto as I stolen the Butchers Journal but is there a way to progress in anyway apart from just killing him?

Edit: Nevermind, I went into
Hjerim's house
I think this properly starts the questline.

Got the (spoiler to end of Thieves Guild quest line)
Nightingale Armor
, it's great and gives you awesome AR, however some pieces are not so hot - I prefer gloves and hood from starting DB gear. Oh well, can't have everything.

Got Sneak at 62, starting to enjoy my assassin. Too bad with the armor set I can't have 30x damage multiplier anymore :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was trying to see if I could backtrack but I guess I do have to go through cistern afterall. Thanks.

Well once you get out you can turn around and jump back down to the Riften canals and go back in the Ratway entrance pretty quick, if you want.

Lol, my horse just one-shotted a regular dragon. I used
Dragonrend
on it, it landed, my horse made a beeline for it and kicked it once, killing it.

Top Bottom