• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

okenny

Banned
A lot of things are harder than dragons lol

Unfortunately, dragons still have the most potential to fuck things up :( I don't mean you per-say, I mean your game. Everything from killing NPCs to taking the fight where you don't want it. Ultimately, they really are only weak when their doing a stationary attack or on the ground; dragons are the most dangerous creatures in skyrim when they're doing nothing but low-altitude bombing runs . They're the prickly pears of Skyrim: They hurt if you don't engage them carefully but they are yummy when you get inside them :3

Higher-level Charuses?... FUCK THOSE GUYS!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There are a few different types of Dragons, Blood dragons have a mean bite on Expert.
I recently (like, 15 hours of playtime ago) bumped up the difficulty to Expert, and I'm enjoying it much much more. I feel myself being more strategic and intentional about my actions. More fun that way. Dunno if I'm ready for Master yet, though..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You want to go to the Ragged Flagon- Cistern, look at the exits along the walls, one will be a ladder that exits direct to the always-welcome "Skyrim"

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I recently (like, 15 hours of playtime ago) bumped up the difficulty to Expert, and I'm enjoying it much much more. I feel myself being more strategic and intentional about my actions. More fun that way. Dunno if I'm ready for Master yet, though..

I've found expert has given me a good balance so far, apart from Ice Bears and bloody mages.

Dunlop

Unfortunately, dragons still have the most potential to fuck things up :( I don't mean you per-say, I mean your game. Everything from killing NPCs to taking the fight where you don't want it. Ultimately, they really are only weak when their doing a stationary attack or on the ground; dragons are the most dangerous creatures in skyrim when they're doing nothing but low-altitude bombing runs . They're the prickly pears of Skyrim: They hurt if you don't engage them carefully but they are yummy when you get inside them :3

Higher-level Charuses?... FUCK THOSE GUYS!

The thing I was so disappointed about with dragons was that they telegraph before the breath attack. You should have time to get away but the gamage is so minimal (I wear light armor) that I just stand in it and keep shooting.

Should be death as you have ample time to dodge to spice the fight up

Grisby

Okay I have no idea how to get out of this place.

I'm at the Ratway vaults.

Protip: If you join the
Thieves guild and want a quicker shortcut go back to the HQ go around to the cemetery on the side of the Mara temple. You'll fin a crypt and if you push the button on the coffin it reveals a shortcut down there.

Dresden

Shield bash makes dragons a joke on any difficulty.

I've yet to fight elder dragons or w/e though, we'll see how that goes.

Had my first dual dragon attack. One ancient and one green one. Im a walking god so slaughtered both.

I like that even at my high level, magic/dragob blasts are still deadly if i am not careful.

Kyoufu

Protip: If you join the
Thieves guild and want a quicker shortcut go back to the HQ go around to the cemetery on the side of the Mara temple. You'll fin a crypt and if you push the button on the coffin it reveals a shortcut down there.

I can't join them yet for some reason and I was only sent there for a Dark Brotherhood quest.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I think you mean glorious freedom fighter fighting for what is right and good. ;)

It's sort of fun playing as a Dunmer because both sides are equally reprehensible to them, and more than most other races. The Stormcloaks for obvious reasons, and the Imperials because they're the pets of gross High Elves. And of course the whole imperialism thing.

I'm playing as a dunmer too but I think I'll side with the Empire even though I sympathize Ulric. But his dunmer ghetto sealed the deal. Fuck him.

Reuenthal

Banned
I am level 30 something and the hardest enemies are still dragons. Blood Dragons or Ice Dragons that is. Normal Dragons who haven't appeared for a long while and I might have seen 2 or 3 are not that strong. I call those 'baby dragons'.

abundant

Heads up for anyone who wants some freeish Daedra Hearts.

Do the Daedric Quest for Mehrunes Dagon. At the end of the quest, you fight four Dremora.

subversus

I am level 30 something and the hardest enemies are still dragons. Blood Dragons or Ice Dragons that is. Normal Dragons who haven't appeared for a long while and I might have seen 2 or 3 are not that strong. I call those 'baby dragons'.

are you a warrior or a mage? becase they are hilariously easy for mages.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Dragon just saved my butt. Doing the college quests.

Those 10 pain in the butt magic spirit things were going around town, dragon decides to attack at same time, takes them all out. Nighttime, so no NPC's killed.

ShinNL

Every dragon is a baby dragon except for the
Ancient
Dragon. Not that I can't beat it, but that guy is on a whole different level compared to the rest.
When I had about 75% magic resist and legendary Daedric set, it was still 1 shotting me with both melee bites and breath blasts.
And people say melee is easy, pfff. Stun lock mages have it so easy.

Sethos

Banned
Is it possible to pick up a warhorse of some kind, fitted with steel plating or something like that, purely for show? I'm on a no quick travel or horse carriage playthrough which means I'm on my horse ... A LOT, so I'd love a badass looking horse.

Man, at this point I almost want horse armor DLC, haha.

neoism

Please someone tell me How do you become a
werewolve anytime you want.. I have the ring, and I'm doing a late mission in the champions guild the one for revenge after the"leader was killed"...?

Reuenthal

Banned
Get a housecarl to help then.

Why? I don't have any problems with the dragon difficulty, I just note them to be the strongest enemies. That they posses some kind of a challenge is not a negative. And I am already using a companion as a portable loot bag but I have beat ice, blood dragons solo too.

Any kind of bears, draugr, trolls, dwarven centurions, spheres, they are all quite easier than dragons at least for me.

Grisby

The hardest enemies I've fought are the higher up mages who slow me down with their freezes rays and penetrate my body with their ice popsicles.

Guys drain me in no time.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The hardest enemies I've fought are the higher up mages who slow me down with their freezes rays and penetrate my body with their ice popsicles.

Guys drain me in no time.

Yeah, that and those Sphere guys in the Dwarven shrines. beat me senseless.

Grisby

Please someone tell me How do you become a
werewolve anytime you want.. I have the ring, and I'm doing a late mission in the champions guild the one for revenge after the"leader was killed"...?

Its a selectable
power in your magic section from the menu. I don't know if you can do it anytime you want but once you do you have to keep feeding on bodies to gain additional werewolf time.

subversus

Is it possible to pick up a warhorse of some kind, fitted with steel plating or something like that, purely for show? I'm on a no quick travel or horse carriage playthrough which means I'm on my horse ... A LOT, so I'd love a badass looking horse.

Man, at this point I almost want horse armor DLC, haha.

also unicorns and bears as an option.

but the winner will be a person who will make rideable mammoths first...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I need help. I can't figure this out.

I was exploring some tomb or whatever with my current Elven Mace. Damage is 27.

I found this:

img_0027lg7p3.jpg

Damage is 19 but total damage on the bottom is 31? What is this referring to? How could that be? When I picked the item up and put it into my inventory and then went to select it, damage was down to 19. What's going on?

Sethos

Banned
I need help. I can't figure this out.

I was exploring some tomb or whatever with my current Elven Mace. Damage is 27.

I found this:

Damage is 19 but total damage on the bottom is 31? What is this referring to? How could that be? When I picked the item up and put it into my inventory and then went to select it, damage was down to 19. What's going on?

Added damage from skills ( 1-Hand perk ) and what else you have? A sword specific perk or item? Perhaps an active magic effect on you that increases sword damage?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Added damage from skills ( 1-Hand perk ) and what else you have? A sword specific perk or item? Perhaps an active magic effect on you that increases sword damage?

I thought so, but why would that not apply when I equip it through the regular menu and then compare it against what I was using?

Is there a "Current Stats" menu anywhere in this game?

Lakitu

st5fu
I found the mammoth graveyard the yesterday. Can't believe I missed that.

Anybody else miss the awkward Oblivion NPC conversations?

I saw a mudcrab the other day. Terrible creatures.

Top Bottom