• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Zeliard

Can you guys go test it? I am actually beggining to doubt you can, that I was trolled + linked it here.....

I would but don't have access for a few days.

Haha yeah actually it does seem pretty unlikely. The guy probably just gave her summon & necro staves.

I started this up earlier today and I've lost 5 hours already.

Ever since I bought Bounded Weapon I've been levelling up like crazy. I bought it before I did Bleak Falls Barrow and in doing that quest I managed to gain 5 levels.

Are shields of any use or can I stick to RH = Sword, LH = Bounded Weapon?

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Can you remove quests (console command)? I have a quest that says i have to get an axe in Haemar's Shame. I have the axe but the quest is still there.

Destoryed the DarkBrotherHood like a boss, funny thing i killed all of them with the behead kill. Ill join it when I make my argorian thief next go round

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Now that i got the dragonplate gear, does that mean i'll have this stuff until im done with the game? I mean, unless i find better enchants so that i have to make another set again.

Alucrid

Banned
Why aren't I getting thieves guild quests in Solitude? That's the last city I need but after going through like 20 quests not a single one was in Solitude.

Zeliard

Nope, still there. I did take the daedra quest with the dog and cleared the place before i got the note about the axe, so that may be what caused it. I guess I'll have to live with it :p

Did you actually finish up the quest, i.e.
decide whether to return Barbas to Clavicus or kill him with the axe? You've visited Clavicus Vile again and showed him the axe, right
?

If so - or if you're somehow not getting that option - then it is probably glitched.

bigace33

Am I the only person who thinks this actually plays better in the 3rd person? Uusually Bethesda games suck in 3rd person view but Skyrim looks and plays great to me in the 3rd person. I'm loving this game. In first person the action just seems too close, like I cant enjoy the combat moves properly.

Zeliard

Has anyone been running into issues with Dead Thralls just randomly disappearing? I'll enter a town and my Dead Thrall will just be gone, and townspeople will still act like they're around.

It's annoying when you Dead Thrall some neat NPC or high-level enemy and they're suddenly gone, especially since you can otherwise keep them around forever (Dead Thrall zombies don't disintegrate when they die like with lower-level zombie spells).

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Did you actually finish up the quest, i.e.
decide whether to return Barbas to Clavicus or kill him with the axe? You've visited Clavicus Vile again and showed him the axe, right
?
It's not that axe, or that quest :p. Its just a misc quest that appeared when i found a treasure note on some dead guy.

Zeliard

It's not that axe, or that quest :p. Its just a misc quest that appeared when i found a treasure note on some dead guy.

Oh, goofy.

Well I guess it still stands that if you returned the axe to whomever or did whatever you're supposed to do with it, and the quest it still shown as open, then it's probably glitched up. :p

Occasionally you can pick up a quest item for a quest you haven't received yet (this has happened to me several times actually), though in your case the quest has been initiated, so I dunno.

Anteater

Am I the only person who thinks this actually plays better in the 3rd person? Uusually Bethesda games suck in 3rd person view but Skyrim looks and plays great to me in the 3rd person. I'm loving this game. In first person the action just seems too close, like I cant enjoy the combat moves properly.

I didn't like it all that much, on the ps3 the control is kind of clunky, there's some kind of input lag when moving my character (only the movement though), and I find it easier to aim in first person view, both aren't really ideal but first person view is just quicker and more accurate for me, but it's also too zoomed in, so I switch between the two all the time, sucks.

Meteorain

You are not alone. I also prefer the 3rd person for pretty much everything except for a few odd things where I need 1st person.

Plus you get to see how awesome your character looks whilst in 3rd person!

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, goofy. Occasionally you can pick up a quest item for a quest you haven't received yet (this has happened to me several times actually), though in your case the quest has been initiated, so I dunno.
I'll have to put my journal-OCD to the side i guess.

Am I the only person who thinks this actually plays better in the 3rd person?
It's fine for the most part. Sneaking is easier since you can see around corners, but the crouched-roll perk looks laughably bad.

dantehemi

40 hours in, level 31, still havent seen a dragon and only have progressed with the main story to solitude. i love doing side quests, and it seems that for every 1 that i complete 3 more pop up, i see my self hitting 100 hours in a game for the first time ever!

Zeliard

Zeliard what is your fov set to?

80, and that's probably the lowest I'd take it. I would recommend 80-85 for most people. In other games like online shooters I go much higher, but in a game like this it's fine at 80.

But the default is way too low at 70. That just feels claustrophobic.

Playing on the 360, each of my save files are now around 10mb, is this something to worry about? I have noticed that my game is slowing down, now I get pauses on every menu and a lot of stutters during gameplay.

Kikarian

I might make a Mage. It's fun being a Dark Elf Assassin, and I also choose the Assassin/Thief type characters in all the games that allow you to. But the game seems to support the Mage's more.

Easier, simpler and smoother UI too scroll through your spells. It just seems so much better. I'll still be keeping my Dunmer though. Just be playing my Mage more.

Mik2121

Woah! Wallach just hooked me with the US version of Skyrim after some fighting (on my side) with goddamn Paypal. But finally got everything set up, and I'm downloading the game now!.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it!! :)

MrBig, could you send me the ini you talked about? Also add me on Steam? My nickname over there is the same as here!.

Enco

Woah! Wallach just hooked me with the US version of Skyrim after some fighting (on my side) with goddamn Paypal. But finally got everything set up, and I'm downloading the game now!.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it!! :)

MrBig, could you send me the ini you talked about? Also add me on Steam? My nickname over there is the same as here!.
Say goodbye to your old life.

In other news, I turned Lydia into a rabbit. That darn Wabbajack!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
After 30 hours or so, I finally decided to go meet the Greybeards. I hadn't touched the main quest in a week.

I don't think this game will ever end.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that if you don't want it to, it won't.

Say goodbye to your old life.

In other news, I turned Lydia into a rabbit. That darn Wabbajack!

He already had 60 hours on the PS3 version. He threw his life away like the rest of us a long time ago.

40 hours in, level 31, still havent seen a dragon and only have progressed with the main story to solitude. i love doing side quests, and it seems that for every 1 that i complete 3 more pop up, i see my self hitting 100 hours in a game for the first time ever!

Wait what? Man, people can play the game any way they like, but you're seriously missing out without dragons in your world. I triggered them an hour into the game, because it's just more fun with the threat of dragons everywhere.

i-Lo

If it is indeed true about companions being able to read skill books, then do they disappear after they read it from their inventory?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I do! That is why I have adopted a new policy of not going into any new dungeons unless I have a quest for it.

... For now.

I followed that policy about 50 hours in as well. Now I'm at 80 hours, and I've cleared enough quest lines that I can start wandering again without feeling guilty.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Will the eventual GotY Edition come with patches already built in, as well? Is that how those work? Sorry for the noodbish question.

The GotY Ed might in turn introduce more bugs that are exclusive to that edition though...

Like PS3's Oblivion GotY Ed prevents Vampirism from being cured. And they didn't patch it away.

Top Bottom