• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

There is no easy way about it. Kind of sucky really

Can you still conjure/summon enemies, then attack with destruction spells a la Oblivion? That's how I leveled the hell out of both skills -- summon/destroy, summon/destroy, repeat until bored, go get another quest, do some stuff, how about i summon/destroy for 5 minutes? sure. rinse, repeat. haven't tried in skyrim yet, as I have a ps3 copy over there that I refuse to start until after the patch arrives and people start saying the stuttering is fixed.

Wallach

I do! That is why I have adopted a new policy of not going into any new dungeons unless I have a quest for it.

... For now.

That won't save you. You're going to be playing... forever!

On an unrelated note, does anyone else cast Pacify on wildlife so you can go up and say hi to them? I do this to the deer all the time. Even as a messed-up necromancer I'd still totally feel awful for killing one of them. One time I saw a pair of wolves chasing a deer across a river and I managed to Paralyze them both and they floated over a waterfall. Wolves are so dumb, seriously.

Grisby

I'm kinda getting the PS3 framerate stuff on my 360. It'll play fine for an hour and then become like a slide show every few minutes (out in the main skyrim world). I went ahead and turned off autosave and deleted a few saves. I'll see if that works.

Arol

Quick question:

Do horses regenerate health?

Yeah, they do.

I wish there could be a thread where everyone posts pictures of their characters...I can find one anywhere else.

Just post it here, plenty of people have done so.

On that note of characters though, anyone here tried the savegame manager on Skyrim Nexus?

Want to start a new character but I wish it had a better character profile system.

Guess I need to try deleting the install again because the framerate is getting worse, this patch can't some soon enough.

I finished a Night to Remember though, pretty funny mission, way to easy to finish though.

It's about time to say goodbye to Wulf. He's gotten married, his final quests are just about finished... Time for him to settle down.

I'll probably just re-roll a similar character by the time the DLC comes out. Now, though, I think I'm gonna go with a Dunmer Assassin/Thief who has a knack for Conjuration. Though I'll be limiting my play-time a bit from now on, too: I ought to start some heavy studying soon. :lol

I've already put about 20 hours into this and I haven't even talked to the Graybeards yet.
Quick question. I'm basically playing a one-handed/shield/archer build. I started out with light armor. I like the fact that it's a lot less heavy, but damn the heavy armor looks so much cooler. I'm debating switching over to heavy armor, but I'm not sure if I should. I'm only about level 10, so I've only spent about 2-3 perks on light armor.

Lakitu

st5fu
It's about time to say goodbye to Wulf. He's gotten married, his final quests are just about finished... Time for him to settle down.

I'll probably just re-roll a similar character by the time the DLC comes out. Now, though, I think I'm gonna go with a Dunmer Assassin/Thief who has a knack for Conjuration. Though I'll be limiting my play-time a bit from now on, too: I ought to start some heavy studying soon. :lol

Wulf is married? Awww.

As long as it's not Ysolda. Ysolda is Odin's woman.

Can anyone tell me why I can't put a certain enchantment on a certain piece of equipment?

For example, I can enchant gauntlets and rings with an unarmed enchantment, but not boots or armor. Are certain equipment types restricted in how they can be enchanted?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'm totally downloading the first mod that allows you to wear dozens of amulets/rings/necklaces at the same time.

8ytfdz.gif

Wulf is married? Awww.

As long as it's not Ysolda. Ysolda is Odin's woman.

*whistles*

Wasn't planning to do it, really, but since he's going to 'retire' soon I might as well give him something to bone. I even tried getting her to wear Tavern clothes, but no dice. :(

Gravijah

On an unrelated note, does anyone else cast Pacify on wildlife so you can go up and say hi to them? I do this to the deer all the time. Even as a messed-up necromancer I'd still totally feel awful for killing one of them. One time I saw a pair of wolves chasing a deer across a river and I managed to Paralyze them both and they floated over a waterfall. Wolves are so dumb, seriously.

i steal fox souls

they taste great

ShinNL

OMFG, I just witnessed something AMAZING. Read only if you have finished the main quest!

After you killed Alduin the dragons are going off on their own and decide stuff on their own right? So I was hunting for shouts and finished that quest and I realized I was near a dragon peak I've visited earlier. A dragon flew near by but didn't attack me, so perhaps I had to fight the dragon at the specific dragon peak spot where I got a word earlier. I stumbled on some Ice Wraiths on the way and swung my sword to kill them. Then I heard a loud poof. I turned around, it was the dragon right next to me. I noticed there was no red dot on the radar though. It shot a breath of flame... towards the Ice Wraith and melted it right away. Then it took off again and flew around.

The dragons know. I'm the freaking Dovahkin D:

SKYRIM

Demon Ice

Banned
Figured I'd share my favorite Skyrim Moment (tm)...or at least the one that sticks out to me the most. This one happened a while ago, I had just encountered my very first Sabre Cat and was having an extended battle with it. I had the sucker down to the final blow when suddenly, out of nowhere...a dragon lands directly behind it, less than a foot away. I screamed like a little girl. It was awesome.

SKYRIM

Dresden

I really start hating scaled loot. I shouldn't find ebony armor and glass war axes in a Forsworn camp.

I don't really have a problem with finding ebony stuff in chests. Lore explanations could involve the Forsworn stripping them off dead heroes and stashing them away while they themselves run around in furs. Unless the enemies suddenly start coming at me clad in daedric, I don't mind at all.

Scaled quest loot, though? That can go fuck itself.

Gravijah

I'm Lvl 26 and played for 20 hours.

i'm not saying it's the same for everyone, especially if you have tradeskills or force yourself into combat.

but you can do entire dungeons just stealth killing everything and not getting hit, so your armor/weapon won't level very much.

KingK

So I just did the quest in Dawnstar to help end the peoples' nightmares. I have a question about the ending
when you're allowed to choose to kill the priest of Mara and take the staff, or let him finish his ritual. I killed him because I hadn't trusted him throughout the whole thing, but I do want to know what happens if you let him live.

So I just did the quest in Dawnstar to help end the peoples' nightmares. I have a question about the ending
when you're allowed to choose to kill the priest of Mara and take the staff, or let him finish his ritual. I killed him because I hadn't trusted him throughout the whole thing, but I do want to know what happens if you let him live.
Hah, way to kill an innocent man. He doesn't turn on you. Becomes a potential companion if you spare him. I thought he was going to turn on me, too, but I figured I wait for him to make the first move so I didn't feel like a dick. You got Vaermina'd.

Midou

He becomes a pretty decent companion option

Visceir

He destroys the staff and you can have him as a companion. I let him live because I had no use for the staff

McLovin

Any word on when the ps3 version will be patched? I could get it for 360 but I'm in the middle of selling it(no point in having two consoles when you can't afford to buy every game you want)

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I had already known about the method of leveling the various magic schools by finding a slaughterfish and getting it aggro so you were technically in combat mode so you would earn exp in those skills. I had only just seen my first slaughterfish several dozen hours in, after
Astrid somehow dragged me unknowingly to an abandoned shack near Solitude.
I found that a really great way to augment it though is to use Equilibrium in one hand while constantly casting whatever in the other hand, and then fast swapping to a healing spell while still constantly casting Equilibrium in the other hand. Of course, you have to pay attention really well. When I first realized I could do this, I got distracted at some point and killed myself by converting all my health to magicka.

KingK

Hah, way to kill an innocent man. He doesn't turn on you. Becomes a potential companion if you spare him. I thought he was going to turn on me, too, but I figured I wait for him to make the first move so I didn't feel like a dick. You got Vaermina'd.

Haha, oops. Well, I have a save right before then, and haven't done anything else yet, so I could just go back and choose the other option. Then again, my character is an assassin anyway and I have no need for companions.

Haha, oops. Well, I have a save right before then, and haven't done anything else yet, so I could just go back and choose the other option. Then again, my character is an assassin anyway and I have no need for companions.

Yeah, just stick with your decision. You can do the "right" thing with a more morally scrupulous character.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Speaking of that abandoned shack, is there a correct choice, or at least any negative results from other choices in
which captive you kill? I just cast chain lightning on one to see if it would kill them all and Astrid seemed amused.

Anteater

Just finished the DB questline, spoilers:
man I kind of feel sad at the end because most of the people ended up being dead, I chose to kill Motierre too because I just didn't like him :lol, and I really liked Astrid

Alucrid

Banned
Speaking of that abandoned shack, is there a correct choice, or at least any negative results from other choices in
which captive you kill? I just cast chain lightning on one to see if it would kill them all and Astrid seemed amused.

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Also no.

Nonsarcastic answer: It just changes Astrid's text.

Boogdud

Well, I really love the
Nightingale armor
but since I'm an argonian and bethesda seems to think it's perfectly cool for a big tail sticking through the middle of a cloak, I'd like to get something else that looks sneak and isn't brown like a turd. So I'm trying to get the
guild master's armor

So I'm doing thieves guild quests where I have to pickpocket Hermir in Windhelm and the item I'm supposed to pickpocket is a flawless emerald or some such. I have gear with nearly 100% pickpocket success and literally every other item in her inventory is 90% success. However, the one item I'm supposed to steal is "0%". I've even used invisibility and waited until she's asleep and it's still 0%. wtf am I supposed to do?

Annoying.

Lakitu

st5fu
*whistles*

Wasn't planning to do it, really, but since he's going to 'retire' soon I might as well give him something to bone. I even tried getting her to wear Tavern clothes, but no dice. :(

Well, at least he'll be happy. :p

Just got done with the Thalmor embassy. Fuck, I hate them and their attitude. I enjoyed killing every last one of them.

But did I read right?
Ulfric 'advised' the Aldmeri Dominion during the Great War?

Top Bottom