• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Oh ok. BTW how come bandits respawned in a cleared area? Valtheim Towers.

Leunam

What do people see in Lydia? She's always super sarcastic and sounds like she doesn't want to do her job or serve for you at all.

If you follow the main story she's the first follower you get and it's very early in the game. That's my guess.

Seanspeed

Banned
One of the very first things I did was travel to all the major cities. Figured the journey would give me some interesting shit to do.

Finding interesting things to do is the absolute last problem I'd ever have with this game, even with the limited amounts of places I've been to.

GhaleonEB

OMG Slow Time shout is awesome :D

Feels so epic with the battle music when a dual wielding spectral ass kicker is coming at you.

I love the slow time archer zoom. 50% speed, + stagger + critical hits = death. I love getting a powerful enemy up close and just filling them with arrows while they dance for me in slow motion, then drop back to the ground with arrows out their chest like a big pin cushion.

Kaze13

3 things that helped a crap ton in this game for me:

1. Skyrim perk calculator.
2. Buying a house? Get seller near a container, buy house, immediately store gold in container, and finalize the deal. Free house.
3. Hold the interact button on follower = no need to go through the "I need you to do something" line every time you want a follower to pick something up.

Leunam

someone point me in the direction of some random interesting quests/dungeons. or even just quests/dungeons that you like.

Go to Solitude.
Outside of the Blue Palace, look for some crazy homeless looking dude. Go from there.

P.S. You may need to do some quests for the current Jarl in the Blue Palace in order to proceed.

One of the best quests in the game.

someone point me in the direction of some random interesting quests/dungeons. or even just quests/dungeons that you like.

Go to Markarth and find the Abandoned House
Go into the inns in different towns and look for a guy who challenges you to a
drinking contest
. He spawns in random inns.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay, not that this is going to be that soon, but after I tidy up the Thieves' Guild questline and work my way through the Dark Brotherhood, I'm just going hunting for as many dragon shouts as possible before resuming the main quest. Tips on how to quickly find as many as I can?

just got my house in whiterun, it's called breezehome right?

can i safely just leave my stuff here? it won't just disappear right?

I'm hoping the same thing, my empty ass house only has a bed and my junk all over the floor lol.

Who do I have to speak to go chests added so I can store my stuff like a civil person?

MrBig

Starting to regret the way I began playing this game.
Instead of systematically going through everything I kind of just went everywhere and explored (discovered if not cleared) everything. Completed all guilds. My Quest list is basically empty and I feel like there is not much left to do beyond the main quest even though I know there is still plenty I haven't found because sometimes I would just discovers caves and walk away.

Might just do the main quest and put the game aside, then start a new character for DLC.

Malfunky

Has anyone found any Middle Eastern style hoods/headdress like the ones those Redguards in Whiterun wear? And the curved swords for that matter? I haven't tried killing them to see, so just wondering if anyone has seen any. Seriously. Need.

I'm hoping the same thing, my empty ass house only has a bed and my junk all over the floor lol.

Who do I have to speak to go chests added so I can store my stuff like a civil person?

the guy you buy it from will let you buy "decorations" for each room these add end tables, chest ect ect in your house

the stuff you've left in your house has been safe though?

MrBig

Has anyone found any Middle Eastern style hoods/headdress like the ones those Redguards in Whiterun wear? And the curved swords for that matter? I haven't tried killing them to see, so just wondering if anyone has seen any. Seriously. Need.

There was a ship near Solitude that had a bunch of them on there that were hostile.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Motherfucking bullshit the fire caster flying undead thing at Shearpoint is impossible to beat.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan

I saw one being sold in Radiant Raiments in Solitude, but not seen one since.

As for the swords I have no idea.

Vaporak

I'm really disappointed that none of the companions you can get
will use their werewolf ability. If they transformed when you did they'd easily be my choice of followers, it would be so awesome to run through an area as a couple of werewolf's. Modders get on it!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I love the slow time archer zoom. 50% speed, + stagger + critical hits = death. I love getting a powerful enemy up close and just filling them with arrows while they dance for me in slow motion, then drop back to the ground with arrows out their chest like a big pin cushion.
On my new character I've favored stamina almost exclusively over HP and MP for this very reason, haha.

ckohler

Kinda sucks that the more powerful destruction spells have radius damage. On one hand it helps with your aiming but you end up hitting innocent bystanders.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

I got two scimitars by killing Kematu after telling him I would help him (killed him behind the stables as he was about to capture the girl).

Jintor

Curved swords?

Curved. Swords.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

I can't even reach the stone before he gets out.

My arrows do nothing against it, and I can do nothing against his fireballs.

The combat system in this game is THE WORST.

edit OMG FUCK THIS BULLSHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

thebeeks

Banned
Is anyone else having problems with the shouts? Every fourth/fifth time I shout my character will say the words but nothing else happens. Then, if I try to heal myself, I get a 'You cannot heal while shouting' message for about ten seconds.
It's pretty annoying and seems to happen at the most inopportune times, so I've stopped shouting all together.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Can't really follow you there... I'm looking forward to returning to his cozy little mountaintop now that he'll never see me coming.

What kind of combat do you use? Mainly archery?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Can't really follow you there... I'm looking forward to returning to his cozy little mountaintop now that he'll never see me coming.

What kind of combat do you use? Mainly archery?

Archery, one handed mace, shield, shout.

Lydia is always getting owned, and with all the hits I did he barely went down to 75% of his health. The dragon just before was a joke.

I can't even reach the stone before he gets out.

My arrows do nothing against it, and I can do nothing against his fireballs.

dual wield ebony swords, elemental fury and the charge criticals meant I killed him before he was half way out of his sarcophagus. Love this build.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
dual wield ebony swords, elemental fury and the charge criticals meant I killed him before he was half way out of his sarcophagus. Love this build.

Sorry but I am level 17 and have a Steel Mace. Looks like balancing in this game is shit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Archery, one handed mace, shield, shout.

Lydia is always getting owned, and with all the hits I did he barely went down to 75% of his health. The dragon just before was a joke.

If you have the zoom perk you should be able to stay outside of his aggro range and kill him, according to the wiki.

Odd, when I was there, the dragon completely gave me a run for my money too. Had to just high-tail it out of there, looking forward to getting back to the both of them. I'm playing on Master difficulty for comparison.

edit: I was around level 17 when I was trying this. Clearly not doable for me at that level on Master.

Elementary fury seems awesome but it can't be used on enchanted daggers and I love my fire and ice blades too much to give them up. I'm gonna craft a new set soon (I'm thinking a daedric and an ebony), but I won't be able to resist enchanting them. Backstabs that kill in one hit and freeze the poor fool on his way to the ground are too good to pass up.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kinda sucks that the more powerful destruction spells have radius damage. On one hand it helps with your aiming but you end up hitting innocent bystanders.

Seriously, I got into a tussle with some guards in Whiterun and my mage companion ended up using an AOE fireball that killed Euorland Gray-Man ( I didn't realize it at the time). A couple hours later I went to sell off some shit to the Arianne(sp?) in Whiterun and instead of her usual line about Euorland being the best blacksmith in Whiterun she says:

"I don't claim to the best blacksmith in Whiterun, that honor belonged to and always will be Euorland Grey-mane, but now he's dead. All I ask for is a fair chance"

A little shocked, I run up to the skyforge and indeed he's not there. I try looking for his corpse but I can't find it anywhere. I end up talking to his wife and I asked her who the best blacksmith in Skyrim was and she got extremely upset and called me a terrible person. I've tried resurrecting Euorland but everyone still insists that he's dead :(.

I ended up starting a new playthrough because that (and a couple of other quests that I botched). Curse you Skyrim, why am I so upset at this NPC's death.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Umm don't take on quests that are too tough for you?

And how would I know considering this is one of the first quests I was given?

I have quests spread out all over the world, I have no idea which to do. Another dumb thing about this game.

And how would I know considering this is one of the first quests I was given?

I have quests spread out all over the world, I have no idea which to do. Another dumb thing about this game.

If you run into enemies that are curb stomping you then that should be your first hint to turn around and come back a little later.

If you're a warrior at that level you should be in Whiterun doing the companion quest line so you can progress along your chosen build.

Also jesus christ, get a pick axe hit up a mine and get some iron ore, kill some wolves/deer for leather then make some iron daggers to get your smithing skill up so you can make some better gear.

Top Bottom