• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I killed the mother fucker!!!

Found a big stone to hide behind while spamming him with arrows when peaking out.

Got his mask too, lock pick, sneak, archery + 20%.

Has anyone found any Middle Eastern style hoods/headdress like the ones those Redguards in Whiterun wear? And the curved swords for that matter? I haven't tried killing them to see, so just wondering if anyone has seen any. Seriously. Need.

I rock dual wield scimitars. The al akhir guys you meet and get a quest from in whiterun drop them, as do all of the dudes you are sent to kill during the quest.

I just thought I'd put this out there.

D13A14ABA1C1D6A2A484329167D98BC84F4D8D1D

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
And how would I know considering this is one of the first quests I was given?

I have quests spread out all over the world, I have no idea which to do. Another dumb thing about this game.
Just come back when you're stronger? Is that possible? I dunno what quest you're talking about.

I personally love when an enemy kicks my ass. I love getting stronger, returning, and getting revenge later on.

Edit: Also: If you're getting stressed out over having too many quests and not knowing which to do, you're not playing the right game.

I don't get what's significant there.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I just leanred three words from "Throw Voice", I don't understand. Why three this time? What does that do?

How have you not found a orcish, elven or dwarven weapon yet? They're everywhere, and you can probably buy them from shops now.

I have had an elve bow for a while yes. Anyway I beat the fucker.

Rookie

Neo Member
Almost had an embarrassing 25 minutes stuck in the Wolf caverns near solitude, when I couldn't find a way out..

no torches, I couldn't see anything kept wondering around for a while in the near dark. Luckly I found the lever eventually..

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Almost had an embarrassing 25 minutes stuck in the Wolf caverns near solitude, when I couldn't find a way out..

no torches, I couldn't see anything kept wondering around for a while in the near dark. Luckly I found the lever eventually..

There is a spell you can buy from the mage in White Run to make a light.

Agentnibs

I can't even reach the stone before he gets out.

My arrows do nothing against it, and I can do nothing against his fireballs.

The combat system in this game is THE WORST.

edit OMG FUCK THIS BULLSHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I killed him using a certain staff you can get in solitude. That and a certain horse, he would just ignore me and attack them. I mostly just watched and threw a few firballs for funzies. You might wanna come back some other time after you've leveled up a bit it or find better stuff. I was level 21 I when I fought him but you could probably beat him at lower level if you change your strategy.

Derrick01

Banned

That's ok, at the end of 1 dungeon I spent 20 minutes trying to find a way to open the gate that lead to the quick way out of the dungeon. Problem is this area was lit very well with multiple candles and torches, but the bookcase was partially blocking the chain I needed to pull and after a while of whining from me I luckily found it.

Zel3

making the transition from arch mage to thiefs guild is proving difficult.

maybe i should build a new character for thief quests. anyone here manage to do quests for all the factions? i suck at stealth. :(

bengraven

That's another question I have. You can stuff everything you own in a chest? If that's the case, I had no idea. Right now my house looks like a hoarder's home cause all my stuff is sprawled all over the floor.

This pisses me off.

I decorate my house (butterfly in a jar in Lydia's room, two statues of Dibella in me and my wife's room, etc) and whenever I come back, everything I placed is scattered.

Same thing happens in shops, other rooms. I'll walk into a shop and find a ton of crap lying on the floor. It's annoying.

Oh fuck yes! I was just thinking today that I'd like to have all the in-game books to read when I'm not playing.

I onced had a huge hoarded collection of books in Morrowind on Xbox and remember sitting in my Hlaalu house reading them for two or three hours. Not easy on an SD screen at the time.

I've been actually considering compiling every in-game book from the series into one file. Maybe I can do Arena and Daggerfall, since they're both free now, and put it up for free on the Kindle Market.

Hazanko

Banned
making the transition from arch mage to thiefs guild is proving difficult.

maybe i should build a new character for thief quests. anyone here manage to do quests for all the factions? i suck at stealth. :(

What stealth? LOL. I've done nearly all apart from dark brotherhood. Theives guild was easy. I did that with my Orc warrior, just went around killing people lol. To hell with stealth!

Oppo

Well, this is a personal first.

After suffering through (well, not really) the first 15 hours of Skyrim, I decided that the 360 version I was playing was a travesty and pale shadow of the game I ought to be playing, and so I have endeavored to install Boot Camp on my new iMac and Skyrim is currently downloading now on Steam.

I hope it works ok. :) It should, I have the ATI 6970M model iMac (mid-2011). I expect to do some driver dancing but I think I made the right choice. Will sell back my 360 copy tomorrow.

Catalyst is just ATIs name for their drivers, right

Zel3

What stealth? LOL. I've done nearly all apart from dark brotherhood. Theives guild was easy. I did that with my Orc warrior, just went around killing people lol. To hell with stealth!

are you saying i can just own everyone with mah shock powers? :O they made it seem like not killing people was a must. >_>

Hazanko

Banned
are you saying i can just own everyone with mah shock powers? :O they made it seem like not killing people was a must. >_>

Yeah basically lol. I wouldn't say everyone but I killed most lol, think you need someone alive on one but that's easy because you don't even have to be near him.

Taoofberg

I've mostly avoided this thread in favor of constant Skyrim, so forgive me if someone has talked about this already, but:

I can't get enough of the fury/frenzy spells, particularly when up against a group of necromancers. You can't fury the raised corpses, but if the necromancers are already fury'd and they attack the walking dead, the zombie will fight back. If the summon kills the necromancer, it collapses into a pile of dust. A big group of fury'd necromancers is like a small-scale zombie war.

It is so very enjoyable to watch.

gdt

Hah! Figured out my glitch problem.

I already had a possible quest at that location, so I just had to finish that quest (the helm of Winterhold) without killing anyone there. Used Become Ethereal a lot.

Kyoufu

Holy shit, didn't realise my playtime is 50 hours and I haven't even done much yet! Only the College of Winterhold quests and most of Dark Brotherhood.. and a tiny amount of Companion quests...

GAME OF THE YEAR

Jeff Chen

Banned
Power leveling block/heavy armor while scanning some very old book... checked my save file for the first time and noticed I've played 145 hours already... FML

The Chef

I think I was stood up by my fiancee.
I set up the wedding and the Priest of Mara tells me the ceremony will begin tomorrow from Dawn till Dusk. I showed up at the temple at 6 freakin AM and have been standing here like a jackass for 4 HOURS. WTF! I talk to the Priest and he doesn't say a damn thing about a wedding.

Im so humiliated.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I need to be faster on taking pictures for when my character decide to switch into 3rd person and do some unique animation when i kill a dragon. Its so badass.

But i have no idea what trigger those.

Mordeccai

I've mostly avoided this thread in favor of constant Skyrim, so forgive me if someone has talked about this already, but:

I can't get enough of the fury/frenzy spells, particularly when up against a group of necromancers. You can't fury the raised corpses, but if the necromancers are already fury'd and they attack the walking dead, the zombie will fight back. If the summon kills the necromancer, it collapses into a pile of dust. A big group of fury'd necromancers is like a small-scale zombie war.

It is so very enjoyable to watch.

I was messing around and used a scroll of frenzy or something to that effect and made the whole market in Whiterun start attacking each other. Then I'd use the full upgraded unrelenting force shout and send them all flying :lol

Is anyone else having problems with the shouts? Every fourth/fifth time I shout my character will say the words but nothing else happens. Then, if I try to heal myself, I get a 'You cannot heal while shouting' message for about ten seconds.
It's pretty annoying and seems to happen at the most inopportune times, so I've stopped shouting all together.

yeah that was driving me crazy today. shout -> words come out but no effect -> can't do anything else for a moment, get killed. sometimes i just get nothing at all and have to press the key a few times before it triggers. a pain since i use them for crowd control and fucking up the timing can screw me over hard.

Jeff Chen

Banned
What's the best city to get good armor/weapon?

This is not a DQ/FF game, things they sell scales when you level up. And from my experience, whatever they sell is not gonna beat what you can build on your own - the only problem is you have to power level your smithing and enchanting.

Ducarmel

Man that Paarthurnax quest is bullshit!

You want him dead kill him yourself don't tell me you are an order sworn to help the dragonborn and then turn around and tell me you wont help me if I don't clean up your garbage

I successfully transfered my save from xbox to pc (fixed a glitched quest involving selling my thieves guild armor to the person who is supposed to upgrade it) then back to xbox. It only took about five minutes. That's pretty rad!

Steam says I have been playing this for 126 hours and my Epilogue save shows 103 hours! There is still a fair amount left to do but most of it is fetch quests. What a fantastic experience!

I think I went a bit overboard - the last 30 hours or so I was very over-powered which was a shame - smithing was a mistake as it meant I had the best gear early on and all of the unique items were far less powerful than my regular load-out. Plus enemies could not really hurt me at all and most went down in one or two hits. Next round I think I will stick to acting out a specific character type (my first run through I tried to do pretty much everything) which will hopefully keep my levels down relative to the enemies I encounter.

Man that Paarthurnax quest is bullshit!

You want him dead kill him yourself don't tell me you are an order sworn to help the dragonborn and then turn around and tell me you wont help me if I don't clean up your garbage

Yeah - I figured I didn't actually owe them anything and I agreed with him far more than them anyway.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I successfully transfered my save from xbox to pc (fixed a glitched quest involving selling my thieves guild armor to the person who is supposed to upgrade it) then back to xbox. It only took about five minutes. That's pretty rad!
Whoa, that's nuts.

This pisses me off.

I decorate my house (butterfly in a jar in Lydia's room, two statues of Dibella in me and my wife's room, etc) and whenever I come back, everything I placed is scattered.

Same thing happens in shops, other rooms. I'll walk into a shop and find a ton of crap lying on the floor. It's annoying.

Oh fuck yes! I was just thinking today that I'd like to have all the in-game books to read when I'm not playing.

I onced had a huge hoarded collection of books in Morrowind on Xbox and remember sitting in my Hlaalu house reading them for two or three hours. Not easy on an SD screen at the time.

I've been actually considering compiling every in-game book from the series into one file. Maybe I can do Arena and Daggerfall, since they're both free now, and put it up for free on the Kindle Market.

I have all the books from oblivion but I cant figure out how to convert it properly in calibre

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Anyone had a bug for a quest where you had to pick up the book of the last king of the ayleids in some cavern to the north? I already got the book in my inventory, but i still have a quest pointing into an empty chest. =/

Also, is it possible to get a divorce if you want someone else?

Top Bottom