• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

balddemon

Banned
Two things I want in this game:
1. Divorce. I just realized how hot Aela is, yet I'm stuck with Ysolda. And I can't even find her.
2. A forge in my house. I have an enchanting table and alchemy lab, why can't I have a forge in my backyard?

Milly79

Question : I'm only level 14 and started doing the companions quests, and Farkas wanted to join me on one so Lydia stayed behind, and now I can't find her anywhere, anyone know where she might be or how to find her?

I have no clue, either. :lol

She was "gifted" to me or whatever and I haven't looked for her since.

We were talking and I just kinda stopped and she left and went somewhere. :lol

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
Two things I want in this game:
1. Divorce. I just realized how hot Aela is, yet I'm stuck with Ysolda. And I can't even find her.
2. A forge in my house. I have an enchanting table and alchemy lab, why can't I have a forge in my backyard?
Why can't I have a forge in my own castle?

I want my own castle.

Rookie

Neo Member
I have no clue, either. :lol

She was "gifted" to me or whatever and I haven't looked for her since.

We were talking and I just kinda stopped and she left and went somewhere. :lol

Try looking at your house, or at the palace in Whiterun. She should return to either of those spots.

Dresden

Lydia goes back to Dragonsreach if you didn't buy the house in Whiterun.

Also I've been using Shadow Warrior + facestab tonight and hooooooly shit. This is so ridiculous.

A couple of questions

1. I'm still fairly early on and rolling with the Companions. Will I be able to
become a werewolf with them
?
2. I'm in dire need of somewhere to store my goods. I've already thrown anything without an enchantment on it. So far I've got about 3k gold. Is there an easy way to make up the other two?

Danneee

I love it when dragons perch on buildings:

2D95A3C157F76145B4E4A552A49951EA2D9E0D10

I hate being attacked by dragons around winterhold and its perpetual snowstorms that makes visibility close to nada.

Is there any word on the patch? Can't sand this texture bug much longer, it's like a goddamn virus spreading to more and more textures. First it was just clothes, now the dungeon textures are ugly as heck too..

Mik2121

How.. do you marry people? There are a couple really hot girls around...

Also, can you marry one girl on each city? :D Or only one in the whole game? If you kill her, could you marry someone else? If not, I guess I won't marry anyone until I visit all 9 cities. I wanna marry the hottest girl out there :D

(oh god what am I saying?)

A couple of questions

1. I'm still fairly early on and rolling with the Companions. Will I be able to
become a werewolf with them
?
2. I'm in dire need of somewhere to store my goods. I've already thrown anything without an enchantment on it. So far I've got about 3k gold. Is there an easy way to make up the other two?
1. Yup, just wait a bit. If you don't like it, you will also be able to cure yourself on a later mission.
2. Just keep going around, picking up armors and whatever, then going back to whiterun and selling them. When I first went to Whiterun I had around 2.5k. After seeing the price of the house I just kept picking up as much as I could and selling it all. Also try to go with a good price/weight ratio. Big armors that you can only sell for 50 aren't worth it (you end up selling them for like 20 or less, anyway). Go with big stuff, and also lots of small items like cheese and the like. They're light weight and you can sell for enough if you got tons of them :p
Also selling the obvious stuff like rubies, garnets, etc...

Anteater

end of DB questline question:
Are there any benefits of paying the 20k on rebuilding the sanctuary? Or is it just bonus stuff to make the place look better?

Demon Ice

Banned
This is the fifth time I have had to validate and redownload part of the game from Steam after several hours of play. Fifth. Five. 5. What the fuck, Bethesda/Steam...

GhaleonEB

Okay, I'm ready for the Dark Brotherhood to get awesome now.

Opening solvo: kill three dudes in different places. Easy enough, three throat slices.

Then, a mission to go kill two people (one optional). The only wrinkle is I had to go talk to someone and then find him in some ruins. It was exactly like killing bandits in some ruins.

I looted the rest of the dungeon, got one of those "you don't have the right object" messages at the end. Grrrr.

Hiding in the coffin when I got back, and the Night Mother talking was great. The following conversation was frustrating, though. I learned two things: first, what's his face the crazy jester was indeed plotting against Astrid, and he had two specific members of the DB leaning his way. Then the Night Mother spoke.

The first bit was dropped entirely after. I'd like to tell her about it, you know? To top it off, the plot is halted while I go do two side quests. I'm hoping they're more complex than it sounds.

In Oblivion, the DB missions were awesome because of the secondary criteria attached. Don't get caught, drop the moose head, etc. Do assassinations in Skyrim ever get that interesting?

Got my sneak up to 100 tonight, the first skill to do so. Archery is about four levels behind.

balddemon

Banned
How.. do you marry people? There are a couple really hot girls around...

Also, can you marry one girl on each city? :D Or only one in the whole game? If you kill her, could you marry someone else? If not, I guess I won't marry anyone until I visit all 9 cities. I wanna marry the hottest girl out there :D

(oh god what am I saying?)

gotta get an amulet of mara. dude in riften inn sells one for 200 gold. then wear it and talk to anyone who's eligible, male or female. then after doing a quest for them, they fall in love with you

aela's the hottest marriage material i've seen (without usage of the console anyways)

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
gotta get an amulet of mara. dude in riften inn sells one for 200 gold. then wear it and talk to anyone who's eligible, male or female. then after doing a quest for them, they fall in love with you

aela's the hottest marriage material i've seen (without usage of the console anyways)

where can I find aela?

The calm before the storm.
GVxGRl.jpg

Discussing strategy with my fearless companion Lydia.
YTARMl.jpg

A master strategist always maintains the high ground.
mAgedl.jpg

Target acquired!
KWfstl.jpg

Locked and loaded.

iCovvl.jpg

Mission Complete. Lets head home.

3BTZal.jpg

Okay, I'm ready for the Dark Brotherhood to get awesome now.

Opening solvo: kill three dudes in different places. Easy enough, three throat slices.

Then, a mission to go kill two people (one optional). The only wrinkle is I had to go talk to someone and then find him in some ruins. It was exactly like killing bandits in some ruins.

I looted the rest of the dungeon, got one of those "you don't have the right object" messages at the end. Grrrr.

Hiding in the coffin when I got back, and the Night Mother talking was great. The following conversation was frustrating, though. I learned two things: first, what's his face the crazy jester was indeed plotting against Astrid, and he had two specific members of the DB leaning his way. Then the Night Mother spoke.

The first bit was dropped entirely after. I'd like to tell her about it, you know? To top it off, the plot is halted while I go do two side quests. I'm hoping they're more complex than it sounds.

In Oblivion, the DB missions were awesome because of the secondary criteria attached. Don't get caught, drop the moose head, etc. Do assassinations in Skyrim ever get that interesting?

Got my sneak up to 100 tonight, the first skill to do so. Archery is about four levels behind.

Dark Bro spoilz
Oblivion DB quests were miles ahead of these ones... These ones are just find and kill. No interesting kills =(

Gravijah

minor fun spoiler

there's a house to the southeast, near riften iirc. it's all burnt to the ground, like a bomb went off or something. when you go inside you find a body, a circle of rocks and a scroll... of summon flame atronach.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wow. The Solitude house is so not worth the 25k. Reloaded my save.

I'm thinking of doing the Mages questline just for the archmage quarters.

Or maybe just buy the house in Riften.

Even with all the abodes I've gathered, I still use the Whiterun house exclusively. I just like the idea of being a world breaking super hero who also has a modest little home and a wife waiting for him with a home cooked meal.

Dark Bro spoilz
Oblivion DB quests were miles ahead of these ones... These ones are just find and kill. No interesting kills =(

Agreed.
The Oblivion DB kills were far more interesting. In fact, I was pretty disappointed with DB this time around. Good thing the rest of the damn game is brilliant.

So is anyone rockin' Mjoll the Lioness? After hating companions, somehow she convinced me to carry her around a while. Some hours later I have her decked out looking quite nicely in Elven armor mostly for visual effect. She also sports that killer mace from one of those particular quests. I like her VA (even though it is definitely used plenty in this game) and it feels somewhat authentic. Suffice to say I'm considering marriage, until the Divines, dragon, or Draugr take us!

I wish I could take over a fort or something outside of a town. How am I supposed to plot against all of humanity in the comfort of a townhouse?

speaking of weird things, in the ratway warrens
there is some blind or deaf chick babbling about a dagger, bucket, ink and a missing ingredient or something else, implying some kind of invisibility could be gained by these items together? she has all but the last in her inventory... I'm probably reading too much into the babble but does something come out if it? the skryim wikis say nothing about it spoilered just in case

Log4Girlz

I killed the mother fucker!!!

Found a big stone to hide behind while spamming him with arrows when peaking out.

Got his mask too, lock pick, sneak, archery + 20%.

LOL nice. I remember being on a quest and I suddenly encountered a super powerful mage that could two shot Lydia and 3 shot me. Well on the 8th try I ran right up to the mofo, somehow got a shout off and proceeded to brain him.

Loam

So I finally managed to get this game to run on my PC and wow am I hooked. Just hit level 20 after a few days of playing and I can't put it down.

Quick question though, at some point in the game does magic become necessary? I'm currently wearing heavy armor and using a 2h sword + bow and I haven't sunk a single point into my magika pool yet. It was pretty smooth sailing early on, but I'm finding I need to potion chug in more and more fights now. Is anyone else out there melee + bow only? IS this a bad idea?

Gravijah

So I finally managed to get this game to run on my PC and wow am I hooked. Just hit level 20 after a few days of playing and I can't put it down.

Quick question though, at some point it the game does magic become necessary? I'm currently wearing heavy armor and using a 2h sword + bow and I haven't sunk a single point into my magika pool yet. It was pretty smooth sailing early on, but I'm finding I need to potion chug in more and more fights now. Is anyone else out there melee + bow only? IS this a bad idea?

melee + bow is fine and covers all your bases. you don't need to use magic.

Log4Girlz

Quick question though, at some point in the game does magic become necessary? I'm currently wearing heavy armor and using a 2h sword + bow and I haven't sunk a single point into my magika pool yet. It was pretty smooth sailing early on, but I'm finding I need to potion chug in more and more fights now. Is anyone else out there melee + bow only? IS this a bad idea?

I put some points into magicka to have an easier time in the mage college quests on for heals when i'm low on potions.

I was wearing the Amulet and no prompt came up when I talked to Aela. Why can't I marry this chick??

I married her. And Lydia was living with us too
that is, until I led her to and altar and sacrificed her.
I can only imagine what the citizens of Winterun thought when the three of us retired for the night.

nib95

Banned
Muiri imo is the hottest Skyrim wife.

Muiri.jpg

Anyway, anyone know a way to get merchants to have more money than 1200ish without the kill and reload technique or using the Speech perks? So annoying. Wish they had at least 2-3k each at a time.

GhaleonEB

Muiri imo is the hottest Skyrim wife.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111120205931/elderscrolls/images/c/c2/Muiri.jpg

Anyway, anyone know a way to get merchants to have more money than 1200ish without the kill and reload technique or using the Speech perks? So annoying. Wish they had at least 2-3k each at a time.

I go to merchants that sell stuff I want to buy, such as filled soul gems or arrows. Buy those, then their gold is added to their stash and I can sell a larger share of my loot. Not helpful if there's nothing you want to buy, though.

Where do I get this amulet? I just did a quest for her and though she'd make a fine wife.

I go to merchants that sell stuff I want to buy, such as filled soul gems or arrows. Buy those, then their gold is added to their stash and I can sell a larger share of my loot. Not helpful if there's nothing you want to buy, though.

Where do I get this amulet? I just did a quest for her and though she'd make a fine wife.

Go to the Temple of Mara in Riften and talk to homeboy there.

Is it just me or is Blizzard bugged. I was casting it in the middle of Whiterun and no one was taking any damage. They were just screaming as if they were.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

You should already have one. It drops REALLY often. "Amulet of Mara". If you don't have one, I have no idea how you missed it.

GhaleonEB

You should already have one. It drops REALLY often. "Amulet of Mara". If you don't have one, I have no idea how you missed it.

I'll look for it. I only learned about it in the past few days, I've probably sold it a few times. :lol

What a weird way to activate a feature like marriage.

Aselith

The calm before the storm.
GVxGRl.jpg

Discussing strategy with my fearless companion Lydia.
http://i.imgur.com/YTARMl.jpg[IMG]

[B]A master strategist always maintains the high ground.[/B]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mAgedl.jpg/IMG]

[B]Target acquired![/B]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KWfstl.jpg[IMG]

[B]
Locked and loaded.[/B]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iCovvl.jpg[IMG]

[B]
Mission Complete. Lets head home.[/B]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3BTZal.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

More like Kain the Dragoon. Way to copy, fucker!

I'll look for it. I only learned about it in the past few days, I've probably sold it a few times. :lol

What a weird way to activate a feature like marriage.

It makes sense within the game. Basically if you are wearing an Amulet of Mara, it lets everyone know (as is custom) that you're looking for engagement. So I rather like the implementation of that aspect. It also adds a new layer when you kill a guard, or anyone else, and find an Amulet of Mara. Poor sap never found anyone, but at least no one has to come and let his wife know the bad news.
Never heard of the fellow. Pics?

Kain - FF IV

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-07/art/ff4-kain-highwind.jpg
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=kain+dragoon

Story question about the second last quest in the DB line, don't read if you haven't finished it, big spoiler:

In the quest where the Sanctuary is burned down, everyone dies except Nazir and Babette. Is it ever explained how they survived? Nazir I assume jumped out the window you fell through in the coffin, but Babette wasn't even around beforehand. I thought maybe she'd explain if I asked, but nothing so far. Any ideas?

GhaleonEB

It makes sense within the game. Basically if you are wearing an Amulet of Mara, it lets everyone know (as is custom) that you're looking for engagement. So I rather like the implementation of that aspect. It also adds a new layer when you kill a guard, or anyone else, and find an Amulet of Mara. Poor sap never found anyone, but at least no one has to come and let his wife know the bad news.

I guess that sort of makes sense. I just wish I'd known about it sooner. I'd seen people mention the amulet here and assumed it was a quest thing I hadn't gotten to yet so I glossed over it.

Top Bottom