• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Log4Girlz

Does starting the thieves guild quests make you friendly with bandits? I did a quest to kill a bandit leader but they were all suddenly friendly.

Dresden

Sounds like something that Sheogorath might dispense.

Also, a freaking Blood Dragon led me on a merry chase through half of northern Skyrim before it finally died. Wish they didn't have ADHD and would focus on killing me instead of flying a mile away to breath fire on some random wolves.

nib95

Banned
Sounds like something that Sheogorath might dispense.

Also, a freaking Blood Dragon led me on a merry chase through half of northern Skyrim before it finally died. Wish they didn't have ADHD and would focus on killing me instead of flying a mile away to breath fire on some random wolves.

Reminds me, I was near Winterhold(?) right up in the icy North East reaches when a bad ass dragon comes to play. I'm fighting this thing all over the shot whilst being chased by ice wraiths too. As I'm running down these huge snowy planes, I only go and run in to three Snow Trolls ahead.

I'm thinking, oh shit. This is bad. I'm gonna die. Then the dragon flies over head and nerfs all three snow trolls with one blast of frosty breath. It didn't kill them, but it did stammer them and allow me to one hit kill all three.

Amazing moment.

Nose Master

You need to do
5 quests in Whiterun, Markarth, Solitude, and Windhelm. It doesn't matter which types. After doing 5 in a city, you'll be given a special job by Devlin

I can just keep doing Vex's, right? Until the Devlin one.
Will I get a notification with Delvin? She keeps sending me all over the goddamn place. Never in the same city.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
During
Diplomatic Immunity's party segment, right after putting my gear back on
Jordis magically appeared as I was about to walk through a door. Kind of startled me, then I busted up laughing. Rest of that quest went by easily enough.

Cynar

So I finally managed to get this game to run on my PC and wow am I hooked. Just hit level 20 after a few days of playing and I can't put it down.

Quick question though, at some point in the game does magic become necessary? I'm currently wearing heavy armor and using a 2h sword + bow and I haven't sunk a single point into my magika pool yet. It was pretty smooth sailing early on, but I'm finding I need to potion chug in more and more fights now. Is anyone else out there melee + bow only? IS this a bad idea?

I am playing a 42 destruction / conjuration mage with high alchemy and enchanting. I refuse to use restoration and I'm fine. My potions and effective use of shouts really help.

During
Diplomatic Immunity's party segment, right after putting my gear back on
Jordis magically appeared as I was about to walk through a door. Kind of startled me, then I busted up laughing. Rest of that quest went by easily enough.

He also suddenly appeared in the bottom area of the building (
interrogation chamber
) and was subsequently beaten to death by those around him. No idea why that was...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have no clue, either. :lol

She was "gifted" to me or whatever and I haven't looked for her since.

We were talking and I just kinda stopped and she left and went somewhere. :lol
I wouldn't care so much if she wasn't holding all my expensive loot and armor / weapons until I got a house =/ now its all gone.

PersonaX

This has probably been asked numerous times already, but i'm going to annoy you for one more time: which merchant has the most money? who is the best merchant to sell magic robes and stuff?

Jintor

h ttp://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Wabbajack_(Skyrim)

Correct.

It's unpredictable though. It shoots fire balls sometimes, ice other times, or turns people into chickens and sometimes into stronger enemies. Insanity.

Well, yeah, scottish people.

This has probably been asked numerous times already, but i'm going to annoy you for one more time: which merchant has the most money? who is the best merchant to sell magic robes and stuff?
If you save, kill the merchant and then reload, the merchant will have new stock and cash.

okenny

Banned
what quest was this?

The bards college flute quest which you get from the stuck-up singer whose one of the members you can help after you become a bards college member.

- - - - - -

Solitude's home sure is expensive. I've been hoarding a lot of gold but I may have to sell something out of my loot coffers to ensure I stay in the six figures. I guess this is why you can't really start off with buying a home in Solitude unless you plan to only own a home later in the game. It's still by far the prettiest but I don't know how I'll ever move all my stuff to from Whiterun.

Just fought a dragon today in Solitude... it's the first time I've ever had to fight a dragon in one of the real holds. Solitude proving yet again it's the superior hold was the perfect hold to have a fight in. Right at the Legions head quarters... dumb-ass dragon got worked!

Lakitu

st5fu
So now I'm getting Dark Brotherhood Assassins, Hired Thugs, Thalmor Justicars and Random Imperials (what's that about?) all trying to kill me. I'm a wanted man.

Locke_211

What do you have to do to get the Solitude home? I've heard you have to do a miscellaneous quest for the Jarl, but when I talk to her there is no way of getting one. Which dialogue option would that be? Or maybe I need to do some more stuff around Solitude before she'll want me to do anything?

Luthos

Just did Blackreach earlier today.

Holy carp that place both looked awesome, and was maddingly huge. And somewhat confusing. Especially with that certain sidequest you do in it.

Milly79

I can just keep doing Vex's, right? Until the Devlin one.
Will I get a notification with Delvin? She keeps sending me all over the goddamn place. Never in the same city.

I just got done doing these.

Delvin is the one that hands out the 4 special quests. Like someone else said, you need to do 5 minor quests in every hold but Riften. I did 2 at a time, one with Vex and one with Delvin. You can "quit" the quest by talking to them after you receive it and stack up quests in the same hold. I started doing that after a while and it makes it a lot faster. Just quit and accept what you want again and it will be in a different hold.

Anteater

So now I'm getting Dark Brotherhood Assassins, Hired Thugs, Thalmor Justicars and Random Imperials (what's that about?) all trying to kill me. I'm a wanted man.

:lol yea I got that in the beginning while I was just minding my own business and killing deers outside of whiterun, I remember killing a Thalmor Justicar because she was nuking me with fireballs, checked her body and found a note that says "If you see this redguard, kill her with extreme hatred!", it was kind of hilarious because they came right after the assassin was trying to kill me, and I found a similar note on him.

Monocle

Just fought a dragon today in Solitude... it's the first time I've ever had to fight a dragon in one of the real holds. Solitude proving yet again it's the superior hold was the perfect hold to have a fight in. Right at the Legions head quarters... dumb-ass dragon got worked!
Haha, yeah, a similar thing just happened to me. (Spoilers re: Dragon fight location)
An Elder Dragon swooped down on me in Solitude right when I was about to meet the guy in the bar for the Thalmor embassy quest. Except it was the townspeople who got worked over, not the dragon, and in the end I had to reload and take him down outside the gate. But it was incredible to see him wreak havoc on streets that I used to believe I could walk in perfect safety.

I've spent 80+ hours with Skyrim and I was totally unaware that dragons could
show up inside actual holds.
I've never played another game that consistently throws such big surprises at me well past the 30th hour.

_woLf

So I just did the Bards College quests...

Is that it? Really? An induction quest and then three fetch quests that weren't hard at all? :S How disappointing...

Log4Girlz

Finally went against Krosis. He didn't even have a chance to hurt me. I killed the dragon in 5 swings, got close and wiped the floor with him.

Lach

Question about the Thieves Guild. I
wanted to join the thieves guild so I went into the Ratsway in Riften. I ended up killing all aggressive NPC's. Quite a few of them named. All thats left is that bar with its members and some guy behind a closed door, who won't open it. Did I just ruin my prospects of ever joining the thieves guild?

Lucius86

Banned
Is there a console command, or any other method, to change your character sex mid way through a game? I'm a girl, but I fancy a gender change but don't want to start from scratch.

Khezu

There really should have been fletching. Would have been really easy to implement, use chopped firewood and raw ores to make a bundle of arrows, could have been a stand alone baseline skill like cooking, or even just tacked on to smithing, and had a perk or two in archery or something.

Enco

PS3 patched to 2.01 now. Any word on what it does?
After more than a week of pain for Skyrim PS3 owners it is now hoped that the patch v2.01, which has just gone live to download a few moments ago, will fix the really bad lag issues.

Those of our readers that own Skyrim on the PS3 and have played it long enough to build a large save file, ours is at 12MB now, will know about the frame rate and apparent lag problems. These have made the game unplayable at times, meaning you have to save where you are in Skyrim and turn off the PS3, which then improves the situation. This fix only worked for a short time before seeing major lag issues again, although today’s v2.01 Skyrim update, first thought to be 1.02, is hoped to improve the game for PS3 players.

We’ve installed the fix and hope to have an update soon, and considering we’re well over 150 hours into Skyrim, we expect our save file to be one of the best tests to see if performance has increased. We’ll update you soon with our findings, and if you too have had issues with the PS3 version of Skyrim, let us know how your game is after this patch?
Source

Hopefully a PC patch is out soon. I'm guessing the CK will be out this week too.

Jintor

Or bigamy, then the game will be all over the news for real this time.

Gay marriage (hell, cat-person/lizard-person gay marriage) is already in, bigamy won't be that big a deal.

Just finished up the Brotherhood questline. Good times, great classic hits.

ElyrionX

And boy does it get super old when you kill one, turn around, walk 10 metres and there's another one in the distance.

I've stopped doing the main quest after turning in the horn and getting the next quest to kill a dragon for that woman.

Since then, in my 10 to 15 hours of gmaeplay, I haven't encountered a single random dragon. Is something wrong with my game?

ShinNL

Is there any point in cooking? haven't touched that at all.
If you're melee and don't have a bunch of vegetable soups, you're doing it wrong :eek:

(Easy to make 1 stamina regen per second food, so you basically never have 0% stamina and as long as you have something, you can do a power attack without the penalty pause)

vareon

Is there a console command, or any other method, to change your character sex mid way through a game? I'm a girl, but I fancy a gender change but don't want to start from scratch.

sexchange in console command. If you want to change everything, showracemenu. I heard it's bugged though...

Top Bottom