• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Where's the best place to get Daedric hearts? Trying to craft some gear.

Your best bet is most definitely the Mehrune's Razor quest. You only need 4 for a full set of Daedra armor, and you only need ebony ingots to upgrade them to legendary.

Do you have the Atronach Stone or a spell absorption affect active? There's a glitch that causes you to absorb your own Conjuration spells resulting in them failing.

Bingo! That's it. I have the Atronach Stone active. I'll probably switch back to the Mage's Stone or the Lover's Stone, then. Thanks!

He wakes up, thanks you and rewards you with a certain sum of gold the he goes his way, i thought it was a quite morbid way from Bethesda to test out our morality since there's no indicative that you can refuse it but it does have two outcomes.

thanks for your answer. i would've spared him if they told me i could. i was too afraid to cancel out a quest.

Does anyone know if it's OK to murder the Hall of the Viligant's occupants near Dawnstar? I really hate the 'Vigilant of Stendarr', they're such righteous fools. I already murdered 3 of them I found on a road randomly, just wondering if it's ok to sneak-slaughter the whole lot of them.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I was able to get Karita back, now i told her to go to my house in Riften thinking that maybe the Solitude's house was bugged for npcs that were not intended to be your wife.

I see her inside the house. Finally! Wait... where is she going? Why is she using the back door?
*Goes outside and see Karita walking toward the forest without looking back*

Lfw98.jpg

It's just a personal choice for my play style. I'm not saying they can't work together, I just prefer to walk the world. It makes it feel more epic and I almost always discover new and interesting things, even if they aren't quest related, when I'm going on a walkabout.

That said, I do use fast travel from time to time when I have to sell of gear. Good merchants are few and far between and I hate dumping stuff that is useful. That's about the only time I use it though, otherwise it's off on a hike for me.

And it should also be noted that I've played all the Elder Scrolls like that since Morrowind. Tried to do it in Daggerfall, but there just wasn't enough unique and interesting terrain then.

I wish the game supported this playstyle a little better. I usually prefer to walk/ride in open world games to really feel like I'm learning the lay of the land, but the merchant issue that you mentioned and the quest design make slow traveling excessively tedious.

It would be cool if there were more options for in-fiction travel, like portals in the major cities that could be used sparingly and for a non-trivial fee. As it is, it feels like the game was designed around heavy fast-travel use, and trying to avoid it requires too much of a fight against the quest and inventory system.

TheMan

If a follower's level doesn't scale with the player, what determines their level? Is it determined by the level of the player when he firsts asks the companion to join, or do different followers have different levels?

anyone know?

NBtoaster

anyone know?

wiki says
A follower's stats are determined based on the level the player is at when he or she first enters the zone that the follower is in. Once generated, the follower's stats do not increase at all. For example, Lydia is usually one of the first followers players will have access to, and most players receive her at a lower level. As such, most players' Lydias will have low stats for the entire game.

Their level is set at the same time. Some have a minimum level, Lydia is level 6 minimum.

Lakitu

st5fu
I was just underwater and spotted a skeleton tied to a brick.........there was some ebony gear lying next to it.......what the fuck

I love little touches like that. Today I was out by the coast, found a small wrecked boat and found a scimitar, a Redguard must have came in from Hammerfell. :)

Also found a skeleton with a flag blowing in the wind in the snow near the coast, remember picking up some useful loot (although it wasn't anything special, I probably just sold it).

Skyrim is great with these kinds of things.

ckohler

With level 100 enchanting you can have 2 enchants on your gear, so you can choose two schools. I picked destruction and restoration.

Question about this:

Some effects are listed as two in one like "17% cost reduction on destruction spells and mana regenerates 100% faster". Does this count as one of the two effects or does selecting this count as both?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
theres also a way to level up your npcs with the console...forgot what though. maybe target them and type advlevel?

Save before doing any of this. A Hard Save would be nicer.

Tell them you think it's time to part ways.
Wait until they turn around and the "Your companion has left" (or something) screen message to disappear.
Open the console
Use your mouse cursor (with the console open) and click on the departing companion
Type: disable <enter>
Type: enable <enter>
Close console and go talk to your companion again. "hire" her/him back. Their level will be the same as yours now.

To the Console Peons: You're screwed.

Ketch

Alright, what am I doing wrong?

Playing pure mage this time... only putting points into the schools of magic, and it's just not making any sense.

How come my mana barely regenerates during a fight and then after wards it fills up almost instantly? It wouldn't be so bad if didn't take my entire mana bar to kill one dude.

It's so frustrating

I've only put points into magicka when I level and I'm still constantly out of mana running around in cricles trying to not get one shotted by a draugr. I can re animate the dead but they don't last very long either and it takes so much mana I can't do anything else.

Even my staff that does 25 points of damage barely scratches dudes and runs out of charges all fast...

This mage has just been waaaaay harder then my warrior or thief so far.

I'm lvl 10 or 11 or something and I'm on the winterhold college quest where
You have to get the staff of Magnus from Labyrinthia
(generic ass named dungeon)

Tom Penny

Anyone lose a companion? I told that chick Lydia to wait. I accidentally fast travelled and now she's gone. She had good armour and weapons. She bounced and stole on me 0_0

I was riding in the country side when a woman came running up to me, I thought she was a bandit so I quickly jumped off my horse but then she starting talking to me.

She asked if I had anything that could heal a vampire bite because she had just been biten, she marked my map where the vampire is located. So random but pretty cool.

Question is (companion spoilers)
can I be a werewolf and a vampire at the same time?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got married to Mjoll the Lioness because I couldn't stand that guy that follows her everywhere.

Now he can complain about damn Orcs dating our wimmenz

drizzle

Axel Hertz
How come my mana barely regenerates during a fight and then after wards it fills up almost instantly? It wouldn't be so bad if didn't take my entire mana bar to kill one dude.
Have you spent points in the Restoration tree? There's a perk that makes your mana regen faster.
I'm also using a 54% Mana Regen Helmet I made myself and it's kicking ass.

You're stilll low level, but I don't think it took me my entire magicka reserves to kill ONE dude.

Double check your spells and perks on the destruction tree - not having the "<spell level> uses half magicka" perk makes it impossible to be a caster.

Anyone lose a companion? I told that chick Lydia to wait. I accidentally fast travelled and now she's gone. She had good armour and weapons. She bounced and stole on me 0_0
If you told her to wait, she's still there, waiting. I read on TES Wiki that companions will wait for you for 3 days and go back to your house (if you have one) or to where you first got them. In Lydia's case, that would be the Castle in Whiterun.

Woorloog

Banned
*headdesk*
I want to make yet another character in Skyrim. I haven't even started the main quest yet with my current one (lvl20)... I like this Nord, light armor, block and one handed. I'm rich and i have a lot of potions and i'll do fine in most battles (unlike with my first warrior character, spread perks too thin). But i got this different idea... dammit. Partially this is due looking for Daedric quests. I want Spellbreaker and Dawnbreaker but it took forever to get first Savior's Hide (which would be worse than the armor i used to wear, if not for the enchantment) and then to gather materials for Peryite's quest*. It is draining to go around looking for rare materials. Maybe it'll get better once i get the artifacts and i can concentrate on questing rather than hunting them.

Being a werewolf is not fun. The form is useless. It has apparently zero armor and doesn't do good damage either, not to mention being difficulty to hit anything with the stupid 3rd person camera and the attack animations being so long. And the thing dies too fast anyway. I remember being a werewolf in Bloodmoon... the thing could leap ridiculous distances, was super fast and tore through anything incredibly quickly and didn't die easy. The disease immunity is nice... but i find cure disease potions constantly, i'd almost rather take the rested bonus, after all i tend to skip nights (too dark) and i might as well do that in a city or any bed in wilderness.

*Here's the list of stuff required for Peryite's quest:
One of each: Deathbell, Silver Ingot, Vampire Dust and Flawless Ruby. Good luck find the last one.
I found a flawless saphire, a flawless amethyst, a flawless emerald, 2 flawless garnets and 2 flawless diamonds while looking for flawless a ruby.

Alienups

I figured giving my companion a soul trap weapon and my empty soul gems would be a good idea so that i could use my Daedric zweihander

She kills 1 wolf, i check to see if it worked and all the soul gems i gave her (150+) are now filled with petty soul

wat

It's so frustrating

All of your bars (magicka, HP, and stamina) regen much more slowly in combat than out of it. Otherwise combat would be too easy.

Ketch

Have you spent points in the Restoration tree? There's a perk that makes your mana regen faster.
I'm also using a 54% Mana Regen Helmet I made myself and it's kicking ass.

You're stilll low level, but I don't think it took me my entire magicka reserves to kill ONE dude.

Double check your spells and perks on the destruction tree - not having the "<spell level> uses half magicka" perk makes it impossible to be a caster.

Yea I have 1 out of 2 in the resto perk that gives mana regen, apprentice robes (+75% regen) and reduced mana cost for most of the spells I've learned so far... maybe I just need to travel around and level up a bit or something.. It takes like 3 sometimes 4 dual casted ice bolts to kill one dude and then I'm down to like 1/3 of my mana bar after that, and the regen is just so damn slow....I end up just using the novice level spray style spells anyway because if I don't I run out of mana. And then as soon as you're out of combat it fills up instantly which is just like rubbing salt in the wound.

Woorloog

Banned
I figured giving my companion a soul trap weapon and my empty soul gems would be a good idea so that i could use my Daedric zweihander

She kills 1 wolf, i check to see if it worked and all the soul gems i gave her (150+) are now filled with petty soul

wat

Hmm.
You playing one PC?
Anyone playing on PC (for console commands), try to replicate the result. With normal soul gems and black soul gems. Give companion 100 or so black soul gems, a soul trap weapon and have him or her kill a NPC...

EDIT massing black soul gems without console commands is not easy (probably) unless there's a way to convert normal soul gems to black ones, is there?

Kyoufu

Question about this:

Some effects are listed as two in one like "17% cost reduction on destruction spells and mana regenerates 100% faster". Does this count as one of the two effects or does selecting this count as both?

It counts as one, so you can pair it with something else, but it's not worth it since you won't be able to have 2 schools at 100% reduced cost. Fortify is the only way.

Alienups

Hmm.
You playing one PC?
Anyone playing on PC (for console commands), try to replicate the result. With normal soul gems and black soul gems. Give companion 100 or so black soul gems, a soul trap weapon and have him or her kill a NPC...

PC yeah

So glad i didn't give her my black and grand gems.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Did anyone else have
The Man Who Cried Wolf
quest bug out? I was supposed to make my way to a certain point in a cavern and presumably kill someone to clear the place out, but I guess the target inexplicably died on their own while I was sneaking my way up. The grunts were still around to kill though. Quest marked itself as finished before I even finished mopping up.

I was able to get Karita back, now i told her to go to my house in Riften thinking that maybe the Solitude's house was bugged for npcs that were not intended to be your wife.

I see her inside the house. Finally! Wait... where is she going? Why is she using the back door?
*Goes outside and see Karita walking toward the forest without looking back*

Lfw98.jpg

You can add the dialogue options for marriage but she won't have the proper AI packages.

Top Bottom