• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Dresden

Few questions

So you can craft that cool armor. Is there any craftable super-Light or mage robes? Got the arch mage robes, but am wondering if I could do better.

Also, I want to find a better bow. Have a nice Glass Bow, but know I could do better.

And lastly, is it possible to change an enchantment on an item?

Dragonscale armor is the best craftable light armor. No such option for mage robes.

As for bows, some questlines
Thieves Guild
reward you with good unique bows. Ebony bows can be found in chests or on Draugr deathlords and such at around level 30. Best option is to craft a Daedric bow or to use a Bound Bow until you can.

Dresden

Robes kinda suck, so yeah.

Light armor > heavy armor, though. Daedric is also ugly. That said what looks cool > function, always.

scy

Light armor > heavy armor, though. Daedric is also ugly. That said what looks cool > function, always.

Honestly, I can't think of any Light Armor I really, really like. Scaled maybe. Elven looks tacky to me and Glass is lolno.

But, hey, PC version so I can just mod them to be better. Haven't seen too many good Light Armor mods though ... but I haven't looked for one. My only Light Armor character currently dons modded armor to the Nocturnal Robe skin. Next will probably use Stormcloak since I like the look of it.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Why don't they show where your damn companion is on the map? I don't know where Lydia went.

edit: found her

Gravijah

Honestly, I can't think of any Light Armor I really, really like. Scaled maybe. Elven looks tacky to me and Glass is lolno.

But, hey, PC version so I can just mod them to be better. Haven't seen too many good Light Armor mods though ... but I haven't looked for one. My only Light Armor character currently dons modded armor to the Nocturnal Robe skin. Next will probably use Stormcloak since I like the look of it.

skyrim glass looks awesome, way better than the oblivion junk.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
What's the helmet that looks like there's a small dragon skeleton on top of it?

Saw it in a loading screen once but not since.

Currently debating which Daedric weapon to use on my mage (yes, mage). Also having a difficult time finding a weapon with Soul Trap enchanted on it :/

Nothing wrong with swording as a mage! Good backup when the MP runs low, great for filling gems, and when you run up against a bunch of other mages with their fancy wards there's nothing like chopping a few heads off to send a message. Dawnstar is a good sword, i used that for a fair while. fire damage + turn undead etc.

Regarding soul trap for mages: there's a conjuration perk that adds soul trap to any bound weapon. Coupled with the dispell summoned creatures perk (and a few perks in one handed) and even at level 30 i'm still using the basic bound sword quite a bit. If you don't want to go down that road then the
mace of molag bal from the abandoned house quest
in markath has the enchantment. i just dislike having to recharge it.

unrelated: when unicorns attack!

skyr_unicornclpzr.jpg

skyrim glass looks awesome, way better than the oblivion junk.

Yeah, I really love the Glass as a full destro mage. I'm probably going to craft Daedric here soon as I'm almost close to getting it all. Think I have about 15 more points on Smithing until 100 and about the same with Enchanting.

Honestly, wish I would have known this build earlier on, wouldn't have wasted so many perks on mana saving.

i went down the alteration road with stoneflesh/ironflesh etc. up to the 2.5 perk and it's ok. not great. at times i wondered if it was even working. but i kinda feel i've already invested two perks in it might as well go the third and hopefully with the next level of spell it should be ok. still, in my roleplaying head land mages should be squishies. still despite what i just said, flame cloak + iron flesh*2.5 and close wounds in the off-hand has helped me finish off many a draugr deathlord / dragonpriest etc. with melee.

Main story spoiler junk:
I can't help but roll my eyes at
Paarthurnax's speaking dragon, then translating it right after. Feels so goofy. Just say the damn word in English.

SpudBud

I wish the armor in the game had more of a practical look to them. Leather armor looks so stupid without an undershirt or pants to cover bare skin.

q_q

How come some locations get marked as cleared and others don't, when you obviously went in and wrecked the place?

I'm not sure, but I think it's because enemies will respawn in those locations after a while. So it says cleared to just let you know they haven't respawned yet. I don't know for sure though so that could be wrong.

I'm not sure, but I think it's because enemies will respawn in those locations after a while. So it says cleared to just let you know they haven't respawned yet. I don't know for sure though so that could be wrong.

got sent back last night to a dungeon that was still listed as "cleared" for a second "kill the bandit leader" quest there, so idk if that's it.

LiK

anyone else did a critical hit animation on a dragon? my girl jumped on its head and stabbed it in the head. i was fucking blown away that that happened. :D

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So I got smithing all the way up and now I'm finding it really hard to get Enchanting up. Is there any quick way?

Enchant iron daggers. Enchant Banish Daedra if you have it, or whatever your "best" selling enchant is, find a fence if you can, otherwise, sell to weapon dealers. Sell for profit/as close as you can get, go buy/find/fill more soul gems, repeat.

Either that, or use Azura's/Black star on a soul trap weapon every time you trap something.

Alright, really frustrated with how clumsy this Blackreach part of the game is, so I'd appreciate some help figuring out what the developers thought I should be doing, because I'm stuck.

Basically,
I had no idea for the Lexicon either, I just hit the right button once or twice, hit the 2nd to the right button until I noticed that the middle-left button opened up, hit that until lights shone down and the final left button was able to be pressed. There's probably a book describing the process somewhere that I missed.

So is it worth it to cheese the iron dagger smithing exploit?

I've been playing 26 hours so far and just talked to the graybeards or whatever, so I'm not to far into the main quest. It's weird, even after doing a shit ton of sidequests I feel like taking on quests is a dice roll sometimes. Some quests I wreck the living shit out the enemies, but other seemingly mundane one off quests seem impossible at certain points.

brentech

I think because some places have quests that need to be done in there and until you get the quest you can't clear it.

I also think so places, where bandits live, after cleared for a while, refill.
Like that tower on your first quest with Delphine. I cleared that out early on and the. They were back many hours of gaming later.

I think because some places have quests that need to be done in there and until you get the quest you can't clear it.

Thankyou. This was one of the many possabilities running through my head. I'm so paranoid about the game being glitched that for about 15 hours I thought my costom marker was permanently stuck. A lot of learning to be done about how this game works.

Enchant iron daggers. Enchant Banish Daedra if you have it, or whatever your "best" selling enchant is, find a fence if you can, otherwise, sell to weapon dealers. Sell for profit/as close as you can get, go buy/find/fill more soul gems, repeat.

Either that, or use Azura's/Black star on a soul trap weapon every time you trap something.
What kind of creatures give you Grand Souls? I only have the regular Azura's Star, and it can't trap human souls.

Derrick01

Banned
Think I'm finally reaching my burnout point with the game. I have a hard time staying focused after 30 minutes, I stop listening to people and just mash A, I stop looking around for loot in every corner (I also dont' need much now so that's partly why).

Sometimes having too much time to play games is a curse.

Gravijah

Think I'm finally reaching my burnout point with the game. I have a hard time staying focused after 30 minutes, I stop listening to people and just mash A, I stop looking around for loot in every corner (I also dont' need much now so that's partly why).

Sometimes having too much time to play games is a curse.

i want a mod that creates a diablo 2 style random loot system

Concept17

So I'm starting a second character after hitting 25 on my Orc warrior. Hes pretty awesome, but I really want to try a different playstyle. Decided to go with a Khajit, whom I plan on using bow, at least 1 dagger, light armor... and some magic. Does anyone else do something similar? I kind of want to dual wield, but the mechanics of dual-wielding seem kinda weird (haven't done much of it) and I kind of want to use some kind of magic, though I'm not sure which.

Any suggestions? I know play as you want and all that, but I'm more curious as to what works really well for some of you.

Can someone help me understand enchanting?

I have a necklace that improves smithing by 15%, but I currently know an enchantment to improve it by 8%. I want to learn the 15% one, but I cant since I already know the enchantment. How can I improve my current one by more than 8%?

Cudder

How does this game count your sidequests? It says I've done 6 so far, but it's been on 6 for tens of hours now, and I'm pretty sure I've done way more than 6. The trophy says I need 10.

I have a necklace that improves smithing by 15%, but I currently know an enchantment to improve it by 8%. I want to learn the 15% one, but I cant since I already know the enchantment. How can I improve my current one by more than 8%?

The amount of any given enchant is determined by your enchanting skill, enchanting perks, and any buffs (like enchanting potions) that you have on you when you do the enchant.

EDIT: Forgot, the size of the soul also plays a large factor in the strength of the enchant.

Log4Girlz

I have yet to find a fucking item which improves smithing ARGH.

Gravijah

How does this game count your sidequests? It says I've done 6 so far, but it's been on 6 for tens of hours now, and I'm pretty sure I've done way more than 6. The trophy says I need 10.

misc quests and sidequests are tracked differently for different achieves.

nib95

Banned
So I got smithing all the way up and now I'm finding it really hard to get Enchanting up. Is there any quick way?

Not really. Basically, you have to enchant all those iron daggers you made via smithing. Ideally with common soul gems and absorb health enchantment.

Just buy as many empty (or filled if you have the money) common souls (or better if you can) as possible and go to snowy areas and fill them up.

Warn you, it takes ages.

Eventually you'll have enough money that you can just buy filled common and petty souls from the guy in Dragonsreach. Each time you buy them. Save. Kill him. Re-load and he'll have a new fresh inventory and full money again. Rinse repeat.

Derrick01

Banned

There's a relatively small number of actual side quests. But Bethesda, being the organized people that they are, decided that when you got a guild quest or daedric quest or other comparable quests to lump them in the same long ass list of quests that your side quests also happen to be on. They all appear to be side quests but aren't counted as such.

I actually really like the Nightingale armor. I wear the main chest piece with dragon boots and gauntlets. I'm a sucker for the cape. I haven't found a light armor helmet I like though.

GhaleonEB

I'm glad they don't. My assassin character is no Dragonborn and definitely no savior, I don't need them acknowledging that.

I was referring to conditional side dialog, triggered if you were saving the world while also murdering it, not something that would be there if you were just doing the latter.

Top Bottom