• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Kyoufu

Currently debating which Daedric weapon to use on my mage (yes, mage). Also having a difficult time finding a weapon with Soul Trap enchanted on it :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just fought
Korsis
. That was random, but he's tough as shit.

What does improving alchemy with an item do exactly?

Finalow

ok, I found a bug in the main quest. (the fuck .-.) I'm near the end.
I have to talk with ulfric about "stop the war I have to capture a dragon"
but the problem is that he doesn't want to talk to me about that, he only says "you have to finish that secondary quest (the one to join his clan)"

the hell, can anyone help me?

Ducarmel

ok, I found a bug in the main quest. (the fuck .-.) I'm near the end.
I have to talk with ulfric about "stop the war I have to capture a dragon"
but the problem is that he doesn't want to talk to me about that, he only says "you have to finish that secondary quest (the one to join his clan)"

the hell, can anyone help me?

I think you need to see the jarl of winterhold first, then go see the greybeards then speak with Ulfric.

Did you start any civil war quest already? Maybe you need to finish it before continuing?

Jeff Chen

Banned
I'm playing on PS3.

When I am in the "Favorites" menu (accessed by pressing Up on the D-pad), I can set a quick slot to D-pad right and left.

However, I feel like I don't have control over which hand the thing gets equipped to when I quick-swap over to it.

Here is a scenario:

I have set my quick swap to be 1. Fire Axe and 2. Conjure Familiar.

I currently have Left Hand: Fire Axe and Right Hand: Frost Axe.

I quick swap to 2. At this point, Conjure Familiar replaces my Fire Axe on my left hand.

I cast my familiar. Now I try to quick swap to 1 to re-equip my fire axe.

Except instead of going to my left hand, it goes to my right hand, putting away my frost axe.

So my question is: Is there anyway to make the game remember your individual hand setup?

Dude, you are supposed to press L1/R1 to equip to left/right hand when browsing the menus. Check the legend in the lower left corner of your screen.

Sweet. I just had a random encounter with two dragons at once. With a couple of ice wolves thrown into the mix. Died a couple of times, as I got careless, but beat them all on the third attempt. What a blast. That's why just wandering around is so much fun in this game.

Cudder

what the hell is this, and where do I get it?

IMG_20111127_213629.jpg

vaelic

Banned
It makes no sense how you still cant perform combat while on a horse. Having to get off and on to combat enemies gets old

Woorloog

Banned
It makes no sense how you still cant perform combat while on a horse. Having to get off and on to combat enemies gets old

As i noted a few pages back, it is really odd Bethesda didn't improve the horses from Oblivion at all (no, they're not improved. Sluggish to turn, slow, impractical and now you cannot even use first person. Not to mention the breeds are all the same statistically).
Mounted combat, whistle to call, set passive/aggressive behaviour, in-built horse armor, ability to jump on/off the horse instantly, ability to tie them on stables/posts/etc. so that they do not follow during fast travel...

While wandering yesterday a dragon appeared and was circling nearby, being a mostly melee character I had pretty much no way to draw its attention so I could kill it.

Seemed to hard to get it with a bow so not sure how else I could do it?

Woorloog

Banned
While wandering yesterday a dragon appeared and was circling nearby, being a mostly melee character I had pretty much no way to draw its attention so I could kill it.

Seemed to hard to get it with a bow so not sure how else I could do it?

Play the main quest until you gain Dragonrend shout. It forces them to land.

EDIT. argh, gotta get Spellbreaker and Dawnbreaker ASAP and start the main quest. Hunting Dragons with artifacts should be good.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Man, trying to get a good pic when a 3rd person finishing move trigger on a dragon isnt easy. :(

kaBrw.jpg

XKbcP.jpg

So much bloom and motion blur when that happen!

Dragons seems to love Dawnstar, there's 2 skeletons now hanging around the town.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got married. As soon as I said yes, everyone in the church except me and the priest walked out. I went outside and half the town was gone. Slowly guards and merchants repopulated, but I don't have a clue where my wife is.

wut

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'm doing the Red Eagle Sword quest. Am I supposed to go into Red Eagle's Ascent yet?

edit: And why are there three words for Throw Voice?

Dammit I am such a hoarder, and because Marcurio carries half my stuff, I always have to reload when he dies. I really need to sell my things...and maybe get a tougher companion.

Also got the Mace of Molag Bal (?) Things a beast.

Jeff Chen

Banned
I got married. As soon as I said yes, everyone in the church except me and the priest walked out. I went outside and half the town was gone. Slowly guards and merchants repopulated, but I don't have a clue where my wife is.

wut

The boring ceremony is finally over!! *walk out*

SKYRIM!!

GhaleonEB

Yeah it's quite annoying, wish I could at least use a bow while on a horse.

I wish the horse would at least attack while I'm on it, since I can't do so.

Sitting on horse: horse and I both inert.

Dismounted: we both attack.

Or, if you're my horse, run off into the woods and vaporize at the sight of an ant.

Trasher

Hmmm. My Daedric armor is actually a few armor points worse than my Dragon armor... Weird. I thought Daedric was the best?

Edit: Daedric is also heavier than Dragon as well. Wtf.

Hmmm. My Daedric armor is actually a few armor points worse than my Dragon armor... Weird. I thought Daedric was the best?

Edit: Daedric is also heavier than Dragon as well. Wtf.

Wouldn't you expect the armor that takes the most skill to make would be the best?

Dresden

Dunno what's going on, but the instant-kill proc on the Mehrune's Razor is proccing so much now. Feels like it happens every four, five enemies.

NBtoaster

lol apparently I was supposed to see an execution in Solitude when I first entered. I first entered through the entrance at the bottom of the clifface, not the main gate, so I missed it. The people in solitude say I was at the execution though, I thought they were talking about the begining of the game.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Get to a mound as super-dragon is resurrecting one. Just as I get close enough for the dragon to resurrect, a thief approaches me from behind and tries to rob me....

Hit him once, says it's nor worth it, then just stands there while I fight dragon. Then after watching, tries to talk away.

Lightning bolt to his back.

SKYRIM!

Trasher

It definitely is.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Daedric_Armor_(Skyrim)

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Armor_(Skyrim)

You may have certain perks, bonuses, etc that are changing what you see.

It's not my perks. I'm basing it off of the numbers when I equip each set.

I'm gonna guess it's because I might have used a 20% potion instead of a 30% blacksmithing potion. Like I said, the armor difference is pretty small. Example: Daedric chest = 291, Dragon chest = 294. The weight however might be the most annoying part: Deadric set total = 81, Dragon set total = 64.

Question: Anyone know where I can find a weapon to disenchant that gives the life leech effect? Like I got that Nightingale Blade that does the "absorbs 20 points of health and 20 points of stamina per second from the target," but obviously it won't let me disenchant it because it's a special item. Any enchants out there like this that you can acquire though?

erragal

where is there a good place to find high elves and wood elves? thanks!

Falmer Servants in Blackreach (Which you were just at) often have high elves and orcs in their numbers. Corpses last long enough if you've been there pretty recently and I assume you have been. There's a wood elf that lives in the Drunken Huntsman in whiterun that I killed for that quest. Almost any Thalmor should be altmer as well; there are a few in the markarth keep you might be able to catch them sleeping.

It's not my perks. I'm basing it off of the numbers when I equip each set.

I'm gonna guess it's because I might have used a 20% potion instead of a 30% blacksmithing potion. Like I said, the armor difference is pretty small. Example: Daedric chest = 291, Dragon chest = 294. The weight however might be the most annoying part: Deadric set total = 81, Dragon set total = 64.

Question: Anyone know where I can find a weapon to disenchant that gives the life leech effect? Like I got that Nightingale Blade that does the "absorbs 20 points of health and 20 points of stamina per second from the target," but obviously it won't let me disenchant it because it's a special item. Any enchants out there like this that you can acquire though?

Blade of Woe from the end of the Dark Brotherhood

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Few questions

So you can craft that cool armor. Is there any craftable super-Light or mage robes? Got the arch mage robes, but am wondering if I could do better.

Also, I want to find a better bow. Have a nice Glass Bow, but know I could do better.

And lastly, is it possible to change an enchantment on an item?

Kyoufu

Few questions

So you can craft that cool armor. Is there any craftable super-Light or mage robes? Got the arch mage robes, but am wondering if I could do better.

Also, I want to find a better bow. Have a nice Glass Bow, but know I could do better.

And lastly, is it possible to change an enchantment on an item?

Daedric heavy armour is your best option.

Top Bottom