• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Screen_Shot3.png

Love this part of the game, so coasy and relaxing.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
giants and mammoths are in the endangered species list in my game.
whenever I find them, I destroy them.
wont forgive them all the chasing they gave my character when he was young and naive and on his first steps around skyrim.
so,
who's chasing who now giant biotch?

I'm level 26 and still avoid them like the plague. Believe me, even at this level I don't feel almighty yet. I've thought about doing it for fun without saving just to test before I quit but I wimped out. One day I will go into those mammoth lands and get me some ><

And outside of MISC quests, all the other ones are main story or what? I asked yesterday but I cannot tell unless every mission that has a proper description is a story one?

Antagon

Companions and magic isn't the best combination. They all seem to like jumping in my line of fire. Killed Lydia that way :(.

Also, had some guy that was tagging along for a quest run into a rune and then attack me. Lydia took care of him nicely though.

Also, am I the only one missing an extensive quest journal? I'd love to have the complete conversations with NPC's mentioned in it.

LiquidMetal14

Companions and magic isn't the best combination. They all seem to like jumping in my line of fire. Killed Lydia that way :(.

Also, had some guy that was tagging along for a quest run into a rune and then attack me. Lydia took care of him nicely though.

Also, am I the only one missing an extensive quest journal? I'd love to have the complete conversations with NPC's mentioned in it.

Lydia is the one you get early in the game no? I lost her on the way to see the Greybeards and didn't know the Resurrection command and was in the "let the chips fall where they may" mood. Still am but I do regret not replaying it so she lives.

Zeliard

I'm on PC yeah. What level cap is there on reanimation? I've encountered some stuff that requires Dead Thrall rather than Dread Zombie but I don't know if I've seen Dead Thrall fail on a humanoid corpse. Then again I don't really mess with zombies as much unless I'm doing something dumb to spite the dead guy postmortem.

Dead Thrall will normally fail on anything that's too high a level. With humanoids that would be enemies like Master Vampires and such.

According to his notes:

All spells - 300 second duration (increased from 60 second duration).
Raise Zombie - Raised level cap to 10 (from 6).
Reanimate Corpse - Raised level cap to 20 (from 13).
Revenant - Raised level cap to 30 (from 21).
Dread Zombie - Raised level cap to 50 (from 30).
Dead Thrall - Raised level cap to 100 (from 40). Added support for reanimated creatures permanently.

Only thing I'm interested in is the Dead Thrall tweak. The rest is meaningless/trivial once you have it.

One of the more fun things this mod does outside of removing the level cap is that it appears to give you access to all zombies, human or otherwise. Normally there are things you can't Dead Thrall regardless of level cap. No more cases where something that can be Dread Zombie'd can't be Dead Thrall'd.

p3tran

Banned
I'm level 26 and still avoid them like the plague. Believe me, even at this level I don't feel almighty yet. I've thought about doing it for fun without saving just to test before I quit but I wimped out. One day I will go into those mammoth lands and get me some ><

And outside of MISC quests, all the other ones are main story or what? I asked yesterday but I cannot tell unless every mission that has a proper description is a story one?

well, Im lvl 46 or 47 I thnk.
at your level, you are about to get in the path of becoming strong ;)

also, about the ps3 version I'm playing...

I d/l the 2.01 patch, no significant differences.

still the game chugs after a while, and while I can fix this by hard reset and maybe some save game delete,
now there is another problem, and this gets to my nerves much more....

the pop-up when in the wild! its getting worse than what day 1 oblivion was.
and skyrim was definitely not like that in the first days of my wandering.
and I'm not only talking about the bushes etc. even the animals now just appear in front of me. so fuck my uber hunting skills from distance.

if there's no solution to this, I will have to order a 360 copy from UK, since still theres none for 360 in my country.

also, another thing that I found out that it makes a lot of difference from the 360 version, is the latency of control.
everything feels kind of sticky in ps3 when compared to 360 version.

these two things may finally get me to start all over again in the other console version.

p.s. my ps3 is a slim with the big hdd (and almost empty, if not for gt5, skyrim and drake), that has seen rather very few hours of labor time. so its not the hardware.

LiquidMetal14

well, Im lvl 46 or 47 I thnk.
at your level, you are about to get in the path of becoming strong ;)

Does this just happen magically or it's something I obviously have to work for I assume? I know it sounds dense but I'm trying to say is that the game develops at different paces for everyone so even when I say I'm 26, I still haven't felt truly strong but I will say that I can normally get myself out of some tight instances by using my healing. And I'm actually using food now too. I ignored that for like the first 20 hours of the game.

Finalow

I think you need to see the jarl of winterhold first, then go see the greybeards then speak with Ulfric.

Did you start any civil war quest already? Maybe you need to finish it before continuing?
I already told to the jarl of winterhold, now I only need to talk with ulfric.
I didn't start any civil war, but who fucking cares? It's a main quest and I can't do that 'cause I have to finish a secondary quest first. this sucks.

p3tran

Banned
Does this just happen magically or it's something I obviously have to work for I assume? I know it sounds dense but I'm trying to say is that the game develops at different paces for everyone so even when I say I'm 26, I still haven't felt truly strong but I will say that I can normally get myself out of some tight instances by using my healing. And I'm actually using food now too. I ignored that for like the first 20 hours of the game.

you make the magic happen! I think that no matter what kind of character you like to make,
after one point you will have a strong character.
in my play, after around level 35 I had my perks and training sorted out, a clear plan on weaponry and magic, and some resources to make it happen.
it was about that time that I went giant-hunting :)

Haunted

Are the randomly generated quests part of the miscellaneous category? Who gives them?
Yes.

Jarls, Stewards, Innkeepers (bounties) and your Guild contacts (guild specific).

Mid 30s is when you have to start thinking about bumping up the difficulty to get a challenge.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Lvl 43 and the normal(adept?) difficulty is getting pretty easy, i never fear to die, even against dragons and giants. I only get some crazy OP mage that forces me to use potions rarely.

Maybe i should up the difficulty to expert and reduce it back to normal when i get these crazy mages.

Haunted

Lvl 43 and the normal(adept?) difficulty is getting pretty easy, i never fear to die, even against dragons and giants. I only get some crazy OP mage that forces me to use potions rarely.

Maybe i should up the difficulty to expert and reduce it back to normal when i get these crazy mages.
Definitely up it to Master and let your companions tank the mages.

I'm lvl 44 and my enemies have to kill me off in 2 seconds or they're dead first (dual handed melee). Strong mages are the only remotely dangerous thing left. >_>

Kyoufu

Everyone! The great thing is a lot of them branch out into larger quests.

Yes.

Jarls, Stewards, Innkeepers (bounties) and your Guild contacts (guild specific).

Mid 30s is when you have to start thinking about bumping up the difficulty to get a challenge.

Thanks.

Also, what is considered as the main storyline quest and how can you tell? I assume it's the one
about the dragons being resurrected
?

Haunted

Thanks.

Also, what is considered as the main storyline quest and how can you tell? I assume it's the one
about the dragons being resurrected
?
That's what people usually refer to when they say main quest line, yes. It's more elaborate than other quest lines, but not by much. The civil war and some of the guild quest lines offer stories and developments that are on par, but they're definitely shorter.

Skyrim is completely open in that regard. Don't want to pursue the Dragon quest line? Then don't. Or come back to it later. All up to you. :)

ElyrionX

Instantly spotted when I move in heavy armor, I walk circle around people in light. My sneak level is 90. The only way I can get around sneaking in heavy armor is using fortify sneak potion or enchanted heavy gear with fortify sneak and muffle.

Can you get around with just a muffle enchantment? Or have you tried the muffled spell?

p3tran

Banned
I use the muffle spell, wear my heavy daedrics.
when crouched, unless my opponent is a mighty mage, they can practically touch me when searching for me and still miss me :D

Mik2121

I know it isn't all that much of a feat. but getting shots like these (even if the distance is fairly short here) makes you feel so badass :p

Cw23y.jpg

(the corpse in the center)

Mc2mo.jpg

BAM!

Got my first decapitation last night. Felt like a complete bad ass, as it came completely out of know where and saved me from a mage who was putting the hurt on me with his lightning attacks.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
IMG_6178.jpg

I want to keep playing this game for many reasons, and one of them is to see how many Louis Lutrush's spawn outside of Whiterun.
This made me laugh hard. I love how the half-Lutrush is looking up at his full size clones. Do they interact with each other? Like bump into each other and talk and stuff?

Ducarmel

Can you get around with just a muffle enchantment? Or have you tried the muffled spell?

I think you need a combination from what I read and from what I seen in the game muffle perk reduces noise by half, so another enchantment or spell will reduce it to 100% if it does stack.

I also have to note my heavy armor rating is only 45 with no perks so that could be a reason I get caught while wearing it. My light armor rating close to 80 with most of the perks unlocked.

Is there a way to make arrows or buy them in a decent quantity?

Everytime I go to town I buy Orcish or Dwarven arrows, but the shops usually only sell like 15. In the dungeon, before I know it, I'm back to Iron Arrows, of which I have 200+.

Heh. I've been trying to get playing all morning, but errands and other stuff kept getting n the way. I'm on a second char (archer stealth mage redguard chick) and I'm doing questlines I hadn't done with my main, so I'm doing the main questline and I'm meeting D
elphine and Esburn at Alduin's wall ruin or whatever

So I've saved like two minute run from there and for some reason I would run up there and half clear the area (the would already be there and start a fight so it half ruins my stealth) but a mage would one hit me with an ice shard and it'd be over. Backstory: I use the stone that increases magic regen because damn does it ever do that and I'm not much for reducing my cast to zero. So I'm a bit more vulnerable to magic, but I rarely encounter a mage I don't deal with appropriately. So anyway I must have died ten times, forgetting to save closer or whatever.

The final time I had a cup of coffee, starting drinking it and was settling down to get this done. I was going to wipe them all out this time, starting with the mages.

I crept up the side before the fight started and took aim toward the mage, taking them out instantly. As I turned left to observe the battle before me (actually a cool area, several fort like structures on water leading up to a real stone fort - love it, if the overworld had more areas like this it would be pretty awesome) I heard the sound of the fire breath scorching the ground. Being that I'm weak to magic I jumped to the menu to ready some potions, only to find I didn't have any heals! So I decided no probelm, going to deal with all of this and just keep on the low. I found there were more mages up top, not a good thing, but the dragon kept coming by and scorching their earth, but it was an Elder Dragon and I'm on high difficulty, being the first time I've come across one it's trouble. I couldn't afford to be roasted even once or my low health would show it's poor side (IE I would die instantly).

So as I crept around stealthily taking out forsworn in the small camp, ducking into tents to keep myself (hopefully) shielded from the breath if not the view of the dragon. My two story NPCs are running about doing this and that, I finally kill all the ones on the lower level and head around the ground bend to the stone portion and around the corner I see the dragon on the ground, scorching something. Readying my arrow I fire a shot as I round the corner to see the other thing - a hagraven! It looked awesome the way it was holding it's own, it looked like a power struggle from Dragonball because of the colors, it was nuts. However she was no Goku, before I could take much time to assess the situation the hagraven fell in a crumpled and burning pile. Taking my cue I turned back around the corner I came and headed up the stairs to find
delphine
(story npc) fighting some remaining mages, looking back to make sure the dragon wasn't going to get me I observed him on top of a really close mountain doing about 5 360s in the air (I mean, like glitch 360s). Turning back to the battle immediately d
elphine
was pierced by an ice strike and fell limp, I thought for SURE she was dead to the point I ran down the walkway she had rolled down to check, but strangely just limp.

I crept up and finished the mage with a couple quick arrows while dodging back under cover. Hearing the dragon again I look around, only to see it crash a good distance away. I didn't think there was any way I could make the shots, but I took three far off shots from stealth and each one got a bonus as the dragon crawled around on the slope, the final shot finishing him off gloriously as his corpse rolled down into the riverway below to join the deluge of forsworn corpses that had become littered about.

Finally, I can enter the damn dungeon! All those shitty not paying attention deaths were absolutely worth it to experience this epic sequence. Awesome.

Is there a way to make arrows or buy them in a decent quantity?

Everytime I go to town I buy Orcish or Dwarven arrows, but the shops usually only sell like 15. In the dungeon, before I know it, I'm back to Iron Arrows, of which I have 200+.

Don't think you can craft arrows, but they are readily available in the shops, and I keep using the lower rank ones until I have enough of the next level to go around. When I abandoned Iron Arrows for Ancient Nord/Steel I had 400+ Iron and 200+ each in Nord and Steel. From there I jumped up to Oricsh when I had 200+ of those in my inventory, party from finding them as loot, partly from purchasing. Last night I made the leap to Dwarven after passing the 300+ arrow mark with those. I'm slowly collecting Elven and Glass now. I think I have around 110 Elven and maybe 50 Glass at this point. I have a dozen Daedric as well I think.

webrunner

Are the randomly generated quests part of the miscellaneous category? Who gives them?

You can tell a generated quest from a non-generated quest by if the NPC actually voices the name of the placed or not.

Some are in Misc ("The jarl's men left this bounty here's the information" becomes "Kill the bandit leader at X"), some aren't ("Thieves Guild: The Numbers Job", etc)

ShinNL

Definitely up it to Master and let your companions tank the mages.

I'm lvl 44 and my enemies have to kill me off in 2 seconds or they're dead first (dual handed melee). Strong mages are the only remotely dangerous thing left. >_>
Time to work on your magic resist! :p

I had a pretty bad run of luck recently. I'm playing as an orc and haven't yet run into an orc that wasn't a bandit/thug. I finally stumbled upon an orc encampment and I even killed a dragon that was attacking. I was going to be a hero to my people! An orc lady even told me to speak to their chieftan and wise woman to learn our ways. I was SO EXCITED, finally I get to connect with my people. I go to the chief's hut and inside the wise woman tells me to get out, before I can react she says I can either pay her or pay in blood for breaking some code. I don't know what i've done wrong and I refuse to pay and end up having to kill her, the chief and eventually the entire encampment including the nearby mine. I felt terrible, but I kept telling myself, they brought this on themselves. I didn't reload because I shouldn't have to, I did nothing wrong. I hope there is another orc encampment that is far away from this one. I wouldn't want to have to correct their mistakes as well.

To top it off, I was going to marry an orc woman, but after the misunderstanding I ended up marrying Aela. She was a such a strong and fierce woman who has now become a shadow of her former self. She now just sits at the same table in my broke ass house drinking all day. She's traded her life of hunting and adventure to selling trinkets and making me homemade meals on the side. I can tell she blames me by the sideways looks she always gives me and the tone of her voice when she says "dear". This game is too close to life. I don't feel adventure anymore, I'm just depressed.

tl;dr I had to commit genocide on my people because of a simple misunderstanding and my wife resents me for tying her down.

To top it off, I was going to marry an orc woman, but after the misunderstanding I ended up marrying Aela. She was a such a strong and fierce woman who has now become a shadow of her former self. She now just sits at the same table in my broke ass house drinking all day. She's traded her life of hunting and adventure to selling trinkets and making me homemade meals on the side. I can tell she blames me by the sideways looks she always gives me and the tone of her voice when she says "dear". This game is too close to life. I don't feel adventure anymore, I'm just depressed.

tl;dr I had to commit genocide on my people because of a simple misunderstanding and my wife resents me for tying her down.

If I marry my travelling and to the death warrior companion Mjoll, will she just turn into a house camper?? Is that why she's been spouting all this "until the Divines take us" stuff? To get a chance to hang in my crib and counting my septims? Not cool.

While I am really enjoying the game, the one thing I feel it is missing for me is the carrot on the stick. In RPGs I love having gear, weapons, and spells I cannot use yet. I have not run across this at all in my 50 or so hours of gameplay so I'm assuming it's simply not in th game. If I find something I can use it. Even with the spells it seems the books are not visible until your skill has reached a high enough level for higher level spells. Maybe I'm alone in this, but in other games I loved seeing stuff I couldn't use yet and it would drive me to gain "just one more level so I can use X".
Welcome to scaling. It's shit.

Phreaker

While I am really enjoying the game, the one thing I feel it is missing for me is the carrot on the stick. In RPGs I love having gear, weapons, and spells I cannot use yet. I have not run across this at all in my 50 or so hours of gameplay so I'm assuming it's not in the game. If I find something I can use it. Even with the spells it seems the books are not visible until your skill has reached a high enough level for higher level spells. Maybe I'm alone in this, but in other games I loved seeing stuff I couldn't use yet and it would drive me to gain "just one more level so I can use X".

LiquidMetal14

Do you play all your games at 180x113? :p

Nice av, first and foremost. That is a beautiful woman there. The eyes, the sultry hair, the decadence. Wonder if you can court her into marriage like in Skyrim? One must pursue this lead and get back to us on this as in Skyrim, money and good looks talk.

The secondary and off topic point is the res shows 1024x640 for me. But who cares.

My quest queue is actually getting longer as my game goes on; the quests are multiplying. You know what else is multiplying? Louis Lutrush.

Last time I posted about him, there were three of them. (Well, two and a half.)

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p172/ghaleoneb/GAF/IMG_6165.jpg[IMG]

Now there are five. (Okay, four and a half.)

[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p172/ghaleoneb/GAF/IMG_6178.jpg[IMG]

I want to keep playing this game for many reasons, and one of them is to see how many Louis Lutrush's spawn outside of Whiterun.[/QUOTE]

I have the exact same issue (PC version) and I also currently have 5 Louis Lutrushes outside of Whiterun. I ended up sneak attacking the one embedded in the ground to pop him out. I thought maybe he was multiplying because he is a minor quest NPC and the game thought he fell through the world so it generated a replacement, again and again and again.

If I marry my travelling and to the death warrior companion Mjoll, will she just turn into a house camper?? Is that why she's been spouting all this "until the Divines take us" stuff? To get a chance to hang in my crib and counting my septims? Not cool.

The option to have them follow you is still there, but those trinkets aren't gonna sell themselves.

The option to have them follow you is still there, but those trinkets aren't gonna sell themselves.

Haha, just making sure she wasn't going to put on her house slippers and sell the elven boots the second I seal the deal. She's definitely coming with me until she dies. We've killed too many people together at this point. I've got something like a twenty thousand dollar bounty in Whiterun. For a while it was pretty awesome trying to sneak into that town, but the problem is they put guards at the entrance. Of course you can solve that the same way you "solve" any problem in this game.. heh.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Is it worth it to use the perks for blocking when I only use 2H weapons? I only just realized that I can block with my weapon, but obviously it's no where near as good as having a shield.

So I walked into Warmaiden's (armor & weapons shop) in Whiterun for the umpteenth time to unload some crap that I was carrying, and I noticed that the guy who's usually there is lying on the floor dead while the woman ( Adrienne Avenicci, or something like that) is just sitting behind the counter asking me what I'm looking for. I remember getting into a fist fight with the guy earlier, but I definitely didn't kill him and I don't go around killing NPC's either. So I just wondered who killed him, looted his maggot-ridden corpse and went on my way.

Several in-game days later, just outside of the headquarters for that group that hunts Daedra and other evil creatures, I was ambushed by some assassins. But I can't recall if they were with the Dark Brotherhood or if they were just random assassins. After killing the assassins, I found a bounty note on one of the bodies signed by Adrienne Avenicci saying that she wants me dead for killing her beloved. But it wasn't me, I swear by Talos that it wasn't! The next time that I was back in Whiterun, I unloaded more junk on her, but it was just business as usual and she just acted as though nothing had happened and didn't recognize me.

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I smite her?

Mik2121

Guys, need some Steam help.

I have an account on Steam and I can't even remember if I had to choose a region or what. Either way, two days ago I had a fellow gaffer buy the game for me in the US and gift it to me.

When I redeemed the gift, it said I couldn't play it until the release date (8th of December here). Now, I know the Japanese game is meant to have only Japanese available, but I'm playing the game already (accessing through the US thanks to some VPN help) and it's all in English.

Now the issue is.. the gifted game was bought on the US store yet the Japanese release date blocked me. If I want to buy DLC whenever it releases, does that mean I will have to buy it from the US again? Would the VPN trick work? Or could I just buy it on my current region (Japan)?

Are there actual different regions like on the PSN or is everything shared and you just 'unlock' it depending on where you live?

So I walked into Warmaiden's (armor & weapons shop) in Whiterun for the umpteenth time to unload some crap that I was carrying, and I noticed that the guy who's usually there is lying on the floor dead while the woman ( Adrienne Avenicci, or something like that) is just sitting behind the counter asking me what I'm looking for. I remember getting into a fist fight with the guy earlier, but I definitely didn't kill him and I don't go around killing NPC's either. So I just wondered who killed him, looted his maggot-ridden corpse and went on my way.

Several in-game days later, just outside of the headquarters for that group that hunts Daedra and other evil creatures, I was ambushed by some assassins. But I can't recall if they were with the Dark Brotherhood or if they were just random assassins. After killing the assassins, I found a bounty note on one of the bodies signed by Adrienne Avenicci saying that she wants me dead for killing her beloved. But it wasn't me, I swear by Talos that it wasn't! The next time that I was back in Whiterun, I unloaded more junk on her, but it was just business as usual and she just acted as though nothing had happened and didn't recognize me.

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I smite her?

It's obvious that you walked in at the wrong time and discovered ol' Adrienne trying to get ahead in life. Seeing a clear and easy patsy as you walked in quite happily touching the corpse and handling the goods. Feeling this was a great opportunity to divert her internal guilt as well as to avoid casting suspicion upon her, she contracted some local helpful folk to find this treacherous murderer that killed her husband while she grieves over the extra homespace and no-longer-shared income.

LiquidMetal14

Guys, need some Steam help.

I have an account on Steam and I can't even remember if I had to choose a region or what. Either way, two days ago I had a fellow gaffer buy the game for me in the US and gift it to me.

When I redeemed the gift, it said I couldn't play it until the release date (8th of December here). Now, I know the Japanese game is meant to have only Japanese available, but I'm playing the game already (accessing through the US thanks to some VPN help) and it's all in English.

Now the issue is.. the gifted game was bought on the US store yet the Japanese release date blocked me. If I want to buy DLC whenever it releases, does that mean I will have to buy it from the US again? Would the VPN trick work? Or could I just buy it on my current region (Japan)?

Are there actual different regions like on the PSN or is everything shared and you just 'unlock' it depending on where you live?
Yes, and yes. DLC is region based and I would highly suggest you buy all DLC in the US.

Top Bottom