• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Phreaker

I have no idea where to
reforge
that shit, I've been carrying all three forever.

Oh. When I had the quest highlighted it pointed me to the final dungeon were you do that. That was the best part! Have you been to the dungeon and just didn't
put the three pieces on the alter?

Ricker

So it seems I ran into the glitch for the Companions quest line,that prevents you from going on after doing Blood`s Honor...pretty bad bug if you ask me,I' ll probably have to use an older save now...how can something this big make it through the testing...hopefully tomorrow's patch will fix this.

Davedough

So it seems I ran into the glitch for the Companions quest line,that prevents you from going on after doing Blood`s Honor...pretty bad bug if you ask me,I' ll probably have to use an older save now...how can something this big make it through the testing...hopefully tomorrow's patch will fix this.

I too am glitched on The Companions questline, but further along. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33048041&postcount=9815

I effectively cant do anything in Whiterun anymore.

GreekWolf

Alright, I need some advice on what quests to do. I'm about 30 or 40 hours (if not more) into the game and I'm starting to get to a point where I have to will myself to keep playing. I've only visited three cities, done basically nothing but side quests, barely touched the main questline, and gotten my character into the upper 20's level wise. Thing is, the combat is starting to really bore me, all the dungeons are starting to feel the same (oh boy, more zombies), and I'm just not feeling like exploring anymore because I still have like 50 quests in my journal I still haven't done but I don't really feel like doing half of them. What should I do to reignite my interest in this game? Reroll as a magic user? Are there any questlines that are really unique and interesting? Already did the mage college quest. I just know that I've barely even scratched the surface of this game and 80% of the map is still unvisited by me but I'm having a hard time caring anymore.

1. The main quest is actually very good, and not throwaway garbage like Oblivion's. Start working on it, and your interest will be reignited.

2. It seems like you've been sticking to Barrows/Crypts for dungeon crawls. Those are boring after few hours. Try heading to the Understone Keep in Markarth (it's located inside the city, and easy to find). Talk to the mage Calcelmo, and agree to help him kill
the named Spider inside the Dwemer Ruins
. That will give you access to the large city/dungeon hidden under Markarth. Great experience with tons of loot and many interesting creatures to bash your skull in.

Alchemy

I managed to beat the main quest line last night, 60 hours in to the game and at level 51. Then I capped Alchemy which was the last trio I needed. This morning I ran out to pick up some Falmer helments (so I can wear them with circlets). Time to abuse crafting to make myself and my companion (J'zargo) living gods. Then I need to still do the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, join the Imperial Legion,go on a house buying rampage and get married.

This game never eeeeeends.

I love it.

thefil

It's amazing what two Dremora Lords can do. They seriously fuck everyone up. I just sat and watched as they killed three giants!

There is a perk that lets you summon two, right?
Right now I conjure one, and my companion has a staff that conjures the other. If I had that perk, we'd have three Dremora Lords running around!

Edit: Ah, seems the perk Twin Souls only allows for two Atronachs, or reanimated corpses and not Dremora. :(
Probably for the best. One alone is badass enough. Two just obliterate everything.

Man, I want to get my Conjuration to the level where I can get Dremora Lords, but it never seems to go up any more and I don't want to be lame and spam Soul Trap on a corpse.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How many houses is there in the game? Only got one in Whiterun, Riften and Solitude. Not every cities have the option to buy house, even if they all allow you to become a Thane.

The only 2 cities left on my map that i havent discovered yet are to the west and south. Forgot their names. Do these 2 have houses?

thefil

Oh. When I had the quest highlighted it pointed me to the final dungeon were you do that. That was the best part! Have you been to the dungeon and just didn't
put the three pieces on the alter?

Yeah, I play with the quest markers off so I have no clue. Hopefully I'll find it in my wanderings.

Edit: Actually on that note while most of the quests are great for marking stuff on your map or giving you directions, the Main Quest in particular seems built around the use of the quest marker. If you don't have them on, the game gives you no information on where you're supposed to go most of the time. If I hadn't already filled in most of the map I'd be stuck for hours I bet.

lucius

The game froze on me 4 times in less than 2 hours in the Understone Keep while doing the journals serch quest, everytime I entered a new area the loading screen seemed to stop right before it loaded stoping the music and just freezing.

I am on 360s, about 75 hours in level 29.

Marleyman

Banned
I managed to beat the main quest line last night, 60 hours in to the game and at level 51. Then I capped Alchemy which was the last trio I needed. This morning I ran out to pick up some Falmer helments (so I can wear them with circlets). Time to abuse crafting to make myself and my companion (J'zargo) living gods. Then I need to still do the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, join the Imperial Legion,go on a house buying rampage and get married.

This game never eeeeeends.

I love it.

I just started the College of Winterhold and was wondering about J'Zargo; he is cocky as shit but I want to roll with him. When can you do this?

Just as proof of concept, do you have any Heavy Armor perks? 108 is the Daedric set + 96 from your Smithing skill gives you 204 AR. 1/5 Juggernaut and around a 50 Heavy Armor Skill should get you to 305-ish.

Just curious since if it's wrong, I've got a lot of mechanic research to go back and look into :(

I do not have a single Heavy Armor perk. My Heavy Armor is at 61 atm, my AR is 337 (just checked). AR on different pieces:

Chest 127
Head 62
Gloves 55
Boots 55

I do not have any Fortify Heavy Armor enchant.

GreekWolf

The game froze on me 4 times in less than 2 hours in the Understone Keep while doing the journals serch quest, everytime I entered a new area the loading screen seemed to stop right before it loaded stoping the music and just freezing.

I am on 360s, about 75 hours in level 29.

That's strange. I've just finished that area a few days ago and never had any issues. If it helps, I'm playing from disc (uninstalled) and have only 4 saves. I've heard that some people have crashes/freezing, if they have more than 5 or 6 save games.

i just wanna say expert-class destruction magic -- despite the mildly annoying quest to get it -- is the SHIZNIZZLE. lightning storm = MOTHERFUCKIN SHINKUU HADOUKEN, dragons go down in 3-4 seconds of that shit

omg omg omg

Just fought a Frost Dragon and then followed by
Krosis

That was epic lol

LOL I remember this fight also, because it was just this past weekend. I saw the dragon wall but for some reason didn't notice the dragon, so when I approached the wall and he flew up in the air I was like HOLYYYYY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. Then he landed right in front of it and I heard that telltale sound of
a coffin lid being thrown
, saw the new enemy shooting me fro BEHIND the dragon and almost shit myself. Winning that fight and especially getting that
mask/shout
as a thief/assassin was fucking BOSS.

Alchemy

I just started the College of Winterhold and was wondering about J'Zargo; he is cocky as shit but I want to roll with him. When can you do this?

He gives you a quest to
test some scrolls he made that basically set you on fire to kill undead. After you do that he offers to join you.

Woorloog

Banned
The fuck just happened?
I start up 360, Skyrim and load my save. I saved in fully upgraded Breezehome.
The upgrades are gone, though doors are still in place. As are items... well, they would be if the cupboards etc. still existed...
Let's see if re-load fixes that. EDIT it did.

scy

I do not have a single Heavy Armor perk. My Heavy Armor is at 61 atm, my AR is 337 (just checked). AR on different pieces:

Chest 127
Head 62
Gloves 55
Boots 55

I do not have any Fortify Heavy Armor enchant.

Hrm. Quite frankly, I'm confused. I'm calculating out some conflicting numbers. Are you sure you don't even have 1 point of Juggernaut? Daedric Chest is 49 Armor, 192 Smithing means 20 + (92/5) or +38 Armor, giving you 87 Armor on the chest. 61 Skill is a 1.244 multiplier and to get 87 Armor to 127, you need ~1.46 which means you're missing around a 1.2 multiplier ... which is 1/5 Juggernaut.

The same applies for every slot:

Armor: 49 + (20 + 92/5) = 87 * (1 + 61 * .004) * 1.2 = 129, the one wrinkle that makes me think I'm overlooking something else entirely
Helmet: 23 + (10 + 92/10) = 42 * (1 + 61 * .004) * 1.2 = 62
Gauntlets/Boots: 18 + (10 + 92/10) = 37 * (1 + 61 * .004) * 1.2 = 55

Which still actually leaves a missing ~38 Armor which I can't account for from basically any source so I'm just flat out overlooking something. I'll look into it when I get off work I suppose :/

Edit: Unless you have an unmodified Steel Shield or something :/

TheContact

So do Spriggarns(sp?) or whatever, those humanoid tree creatures, turn Draemora against you? I remember doing a quest to use some special knife on a tree to get its sap, so I do that with my Draemora Lord next to me, and as soon as those Spriggarns came out, my Draemora Lord one shotted me with his sword. I reloaded becuase I wasn't sure what happened, and they did it again. I had blast him into Oblivion before those Spriggarns came out in order to actually make it out alive.

Laekon

I know this must have been asked but since search is down I can't find it. What should I do with the dragon parts when I am low level? I'm currently lvl 7 and killed the first story dragon but don't want to carry all the parts around. I can't afford a house yet so should I just sell them or can I drop them in a chest someplace?

Astra

I know this must have been asked but since search is down I can't find it. What should I do with the dragon parts when I am low level? I'm currently lvl 7 and killed the first story dragon but don't want to carry all the parts around. I can't afford a house yet so should I just sell them or can I drop them in a chest someplace?

You can sell them. When you get higher in levels, and advance a little through the main quest line, dragons become increasingly common.

Which still actually leaves a missing ~38 Armor which I can't account for from basically any source so I'm just flat out overlooking something. I'll look into it when I get off work I suppose :/

Don't need to look. I'm stupid, forgot to mention I have Ysgramor's Shield, which is exactly 38AR you are missing from your calculations.

Nevertheless, I simply started the argument by posting that you cannot reach armor cap without a few points put in Heavy/Light Armor tree.

Alchemy

I can't decide what type of armor I want to break the game with. I'm thinking glass is the coolest looking, but elven is pretty sexy as well.

scy

Don't need to look. I'm stupid, forgot to mention I have Ysgramor's Shield, which is exactly 38AR you are missing from your calculations.

Nevertheless, I simply started the argument by posting that you cannot reach armor cap without a few points put in Heavy/Light Armor tree.

Ah, alright then.

And yeah, you still need the perks to reach it (at least in any feasible manner, anyway). Was just aptly timed that you posted those stats right after I was doing some number crunching to show just that. Wanted a test case to use as a proof that I had the mechanics testings done right from earlier. I have a terrible habit of mathing at the drop of a hat.

And, yeah, no armor will hit the cap without any of the Armor perks at all. And then all of them should be able to hit it with the minimum amount of perks (1/5 Juggernaut, Well Fitted, Matching Set for Heavy Armor) and then varying amounts of Enchanting/Alchemy.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Okay, so I'm probably not as far as most people (I'm trying to pace myself) but I'm already thinking about my next character I want to make.

My D&D style Wood Elf Ranger (sneaking w/bows ranged & dual wielding melee) is really fun and I like her, but the weapon combos and such are sorta' messy and busy and I find myself fumbling between my weapons.

I'm thinking that my next character will be a Nord Cleric style dude who rolls around with heavy armor, a shield, restoration magic and a mace. My thinking is that I can utilize the favorites and shortcuts (playing on 360) better and get a different feel from the game.

I'm also thinking it would make more sense for him to role with a companion. Sneaking around with a friend in plate mail just feels dumb.

So, I ask you... Is there a church or similar group I can join? I'm finding the companions to be pretty mercenary really.

Also, do you guys use regular non-magic weapons for wolves and stuff? I'm finding the soul gems to be expensive and a chore. I don't want to carry around 4 swords.

After that I guess. I'll need to make an evil mage assasin type dude just to play dark brotherhood.

P.S. I want a Hammerfell game pretty bad. Deserts and Jungles. Cat Men and Redguards. Maybe some big crazy Djinn, a pyramid with super powerful mummy with a mummy curse and a flying carpet please... (fiction borrowing/mash-ups will be required of course)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Attention whores seek attention. News at 11.

IF that version is as marred with issues pre pr post patch then it deserves a lower score. Inexcusable. I don't even care if the other version are ten times better, I would knock it down a half point for crapping on other platforms for crapping on one version of the game. And it's now like the other versions are not without their faults. I know the 360 has the texture issue and random quest breaks but the PC version is poorly optimized and lacking proper CPU, GPU, and RAM scaling.

Ahahahh, DrinkyCrow snares another

Dennis

Banned
Remember Fallout 3? Big success for Bethesda and then they let Obsidian have a shot at it.

Yeah, I am thinking Obsidian should get a crack at a Elder Scrolls Skyrim spin-off.

I got around to doing the main quest and got up to the part where the Dark Elf housecarl of Whiterun is doing her slaying a dragon is going to be totally badass speech which would have been pretty cool if she wasn't constantly getting talked over.

"I work for Belethor at the general goods store!"
"I'm not afraid of you, you know!"
"Come to talk to an old woman, do your good deed for the day?"
"Tried mercenary work? It might suit you."

Come on people. We're trying to get psyched up to fight a dragon have a little respect.

Derrick01

Banned
Remember Fallout 3? Big success for Bethesda and then they let Obsidian have a shot at it.

Yeah, I am thinking Obsidian should get a crack at a Elder Scrolls Skyrim spin-off.

The potential for an ES game without the loot scaling and with better writing has me salivating. I hope they do it but they won't. ES is Bethesda's baby, I feel like they gave Obsidian a shot at Fallout out of pity since it used to be theirs.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I got around to doing the main quest and got up to the part where the Dark Elf housecarl of Whiterun is doing her slaying a dragon is going to be totally badass speech which would have been pretty cool if she wasn't constantly getting talked over.

"I work for Belethor at the general goods store!"
"I'm not afraid of you, you know!"
"Come to talk to an old woman, do your good deed for the day?"
"Tried mercenary work? It might suit you."

Come on people. We're trying to get psyched up to fight a dragon have a little respect.

That shit really annoys me. I wish they could get a handle on that. I also wish I din't miss important dialogue just because someone started talking and I wasn't looking them in the eye from a foot away.

Also, do you guys use regular non-magic weapons for wolves and stuff? I'm finding the soul gems to be expensive and a chore. I don't want to carry around 4 swords.[/B]

After some point in game soul gems start dropping in dozens. Check Dwemer ruins, every Dwemer enemy has a high chance to drop empty or filled soul gem.

I used Azura's Star to recharge majority of my swords.

erragal

Ah, alright then.

And yeah, you still need the perks to reach it (at least in any feasible manner, anyway). Was just aptly timed that you posted those stats right after I was doing some number crunching to show just that. Wanted a test case to use as a proof that I had the mechanics testings done right from earlier. I have a terrible habit of mathing at the drop of a hat.

And, yeah, no armor will hit the cap without any of the Armor perks at all. And then all of them should be able to hit it with the minimum amount of perks (1/5 Juggernaut, Well Fitted, Matching Set for Heavy Armor) and then varying amounts of Enchanting/Alchemy.

Can't you hit the cap if you wear heavy armor with a shield and ebonyflesh though? I can't look at the numbers right now but I was under the impression that full heavy armor + shield gets you within 100 points of the cap. That would require no perks.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
After some point in game soul gems start dropping in dozens. Check Dwemer ruins, every Dwemer enemy has a high chance to drop empty or filled soul gem.

I used Azura's Star to recharge majority of my swords.

Don't know what that is, but I'll be on the lookout.
I don't have anything that charges soul gems yet. When I saw one to buy it was expensive and I want to try before I buy... Not sure if it's just going to make things even messier when I get one.
That might be part of the problem I suppose. Don't know WHEN I'll be able to afford a house. I was at 4,500 at some point and spent most of it on potions and "getting my gear back in order"

I guess this is all telling me I need to get better at enchanting shit

CHEEZMO™;33051893 said:
This is a terrible idea.

Right, instead they need to make another... Alpha Protocol? :p

webrunner

CHEEZMO™;33051893 said:
This is a terrible idea.

No, I think Obsidian should handle Fallout 4 on the Skyrim engine.

Think about it: Obsidian has a lot of fallout guys. They just hired Tim Cain. New Vegas, setting and character wise, was LEAPS ahead of Fallout 3.

Don't know what that is, but I'll be on the lookout.
I don't have anything that charges soul gems yet. When I saw one to buy it was expensive and I want to try before I buy...

You need either to use Soultrap spell (Conjuration), then kill the enemy within 60 seconds, or buy one of the swords that traps enemy within X seconds. Since you are hitting them all the time it doesn't really matter what X stands for, can be as little as 1-2 seconds. Then your lowest ranked soul gem gets filled. Ranks are:

Petty
Lesser
Common
Grand

Black (holds souls from Humans, Grand level)

Remember that if you have e.g. only Grand gems, and kill a spider (Petty/Lesser soul) it will get trapped in Grand gem, thus wasting it.

Azura's Star is a special soul gem in that it doesn't get destroyed when you use the soul, just emptied. It was feautured in every Elder Scrolls game.

Top Bottom