• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Alchemy

For some reason I never thought of using fortified smithing to improve unique items. I'm tempted, but I can't think of anything awesome enough that I would ditch being able to put my own OP enchants on the gear.

Ricker

omg yes! i knew i liked her voice for a reason!

There is an orc stronghold to the northwest almost as far as you can go, the name escapes me at the moment, but there is an orc female that you can get to join you and i imagine she might marry you too if you have the mara necklace and what not.

Awesome thanks,I'll try and head there,I need to waste 30 days to clear a glitch anyway so might as well do some stuff on foot instead of just using the clock thing...

nib95

Banned
I deleted the install post patch, and honestly, not only do I have less texture loading issues, I feel like the load times are actually better, not worse. God knows what Bethesda actually did, but imo it didn't work too well.

AEREC

I really cant decide on Heavy Armor or Light armor for my Nord Warrior...I kinda want to keep just light armor since it has stamina bonuses and Im always switching g from 2h to Sword and board to dual weilding.

Any other warriors who are sticking to light armor?

As of now Im just not planning on putting any perks into Light or Heavy armor, just so I always have the option to go back and forth between that.

nib95

Banned
I really cant decide on Heavy Armor or Light armor for my Nord Warrior...I kinda want to keep just light armor since it has stamina bonuses and Im always switching g from 2h to Sword and board to dual weilding.

Any other warriors who are sticking to light armor?

As of now Im just not planning on putting any perks into Light or Heavy armor, just so I always have the option to go back and forth between that.

Choose whatever you think looks best. Mid-end game stats wise you can make them pretty much the same as each other. Even in terms of speed and weight etc. I went for Heavy Armour myself. Being a fearless Nord warrior in light armour just doesn't seem right lol.

ajf009

So I've just started the Blood on the Ice quest, I've already
talked to Helgrid in the halls of the dead, talked to jarleif. now what do i do? It says I either examine the scene or get help from Jarleif, but there's nothing I can find at the scene and there are no knew conversation options with Jarleif..
Anyone know where to go from here?

talked to Helgrid in the halls of the dead, talked to jarleif. now what do i do? It says I either examine the scene or get help from Jarleif, but there's nothing I can find at the scene and there are no knew conversation options with Jarleif..

You need to
get one of the flyers from the abandoned house and talk to the person mentioned in them

The quest glitched out for me a bit, too. Go to
Hjerim
, break in and find the clues there. Then find
Viola
and she'll have an option to talk about what you found. From there, the quest should course-correct itself.

EDIT: Bugger me, I got Castor Krieg'd.

Unicorn

2011-11-26_00001.jpg

My rogue/assassin Bosmer vampire.

Enco

Very disappointing quest.

Took no more than 30 minutes to finish.

I talked to two people after searching the house and I solved it.

ajf009

The quest glitched out for me a bit, too. Go to
Hjerim
, break in and find the clues there. Then find
Viola
and she'll have an option to talk about what you found. From there, the quest should course-correct itself.

EDIT: Bugger me, I got Castor Krieg'd.

oh nice, I
walked up to the front door and the quest got right back on track
weird..

Enco said:
Very disappointing quest.

Took no more than 30 minutes to finish.

I talked to two people after searching the house and I solved it

Haha yeah this is dumb..
One of the things I said to Jarleif was I found Wuunferth's Amulet.. but I didn't

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thieves' Guild:

Mercer Frey is dead. I feel my debt to the Nightingales has been paid and I'd like to move on to the Dark Brotherhood to finish my assassin training. I take it I'm not supposed to keep this Skeleton key or the Eyes of the Falmer though.

What awaits if I keep going on this quest, and is it worth it?

So being a warrior type is it still worth travelling to the mage/thieves guilds to do their quests?

I'll probably get some cool gear/skills for those areas but as a warrior is it worth it?

Thieves' Guild:

Mercer Frey is dead. I feel my debt to the Nightingales has been paid and I'd like to move on to the Dark Brotherhood to finish my assassin training. I take it I'm not supposed to keep this Skeleton key or the Eyes of the Falmer though.

I can honestly say I did not enjoy the Thieves Guild quest as much as I expected to.
you do get to keep the eyes, but the skeleton key is gone.
I'd say you might as well finish do to how far you are though. You may like the outcome more than I did.

What is the armor cap? 500?
I have Daedric Heavy Armour and a few perks and I think I have around 800+. Can't remember precisely. It could be higher. Of course I'm not sure what that figure actually means. I still get hurt, usually by archers. Finding Fortify Smithing really helps. Yet to find Fortify Enchantment anywhere. Maybe it doesn't exist?

Log4Girlz

Dammit I've lost both the notched pickaxe and the huntsman's axe.

I disenchanted my notched pick axe. But I did a quicksave just before in case I wanted to load back. Somehow the game replaced that save. FUCK. Sure I have another pick axe with the same damn enchants but dammit I wanted the original for nostalgia's sake.

MrBig

Thieves' Guild:

You never have to return it if you don't want to. I don't feel the payoff was worth it. Simple perks similar to the stones but act as once a day powers.

Log4Girlz

So just used my first cure disease potions, since I was ill. Oh well of course I still have the beasts blood and am immune to diseases. :/

scy

I have Daedric Heavy Armour and a few perks and I think I have around 800+. Can't remember precisely. It could be higher. Of course I'm not sure what that figure actually means. I still get hurt, usually by archers. Finding Fortify Smithing really helps. Yet to find Fortify Enchantment anywhere. Maybe it doesn't exist?

There is no Fortify Enchanting Enchant (likewise, there is no Fortify Alchemy Potion).

Also, as far as the Armor cap is concerned, it caps at a total or 667 Armor Rating; 100 of it comes from merely having Armor equipped (40 for the Chest, 20 for Helm/Hands/Feet) and then 567 comes from the stats of the Armor. Everything beyond that point does nothing, though you can keep raising it all you want.

Hold up, mind blown! I just started over for the fun of it with no intention of keeping the save and found out that I could have gone woth Raloc instead of the soldier, could have heard the rebel's side of the story instead of the Imperials and picked up a rune 20% thingy along the way. I need to head to Windhelm and see if I can run into him again since he said that's where he's going. Hope I didn't kill him by mistake during the escape. He was also cooler than the other guy by letting you stay with his sister and wanting you to join the fight. The other guy simply went his own way and told me we should split up.

"You know, if you have the aptitude, you might want to join the mage's college in Winterhold." Yeah, I'm the Arch Mage brah, I already know all about the Mage's college you asshole.

ajf009

Just accepted a bounty to slay a dragon, headed over to where it was roosted.. on the way there I see it soar to a Giants camp and start attacking that, Soon enough another dragon joins the fight... Now I got two dragons, a giant, and two wooly mammoths going at it... I'll sit back and enjoy this amazing show

Just accepted a bounty to slay a dragon, headed over to where it was roosted.. on the way there I see it soar to a Giants camp and start attacking that, Soon enough another dragon joins the fight... Now I got two dragons, a giant, and two wooly mammoths going at it... I'll sit back and enjoy this amazing show

Do you still get the dragon souls for this though?

If you don't participate in the battle at all?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Ending the Thieves Guild questline pissed me the hell off. In fact, the more I dwell on it, I'm really, really unhappy about every single guild questline.

"Hey, newbie do two things for us! Now you're our leader! And that will do nothing for you at all!"

The Dark Brotherhood one is probably the only thing that Oblivion did better than Skyrim. Beside the Gourmet and the niece, there was nothing special about any of the quests. Lazy, lazy, lazy on the part of whoever was in charge of that.

Still my GOTY, but there is definitely a ton of room for them to improve on this guild stuff. Max 2 joins, add more variety and for christsakes, our egos are not so fragile that we can't handle not being the Archmage of a endless school of magic on our second day on the job.

ajf009

Do you still get the dragon souls for this though?

If you don't participate in the battle at all?

No you don't get the souls if you're not the one to kill the dragon, luckily I got the last shot on one of them so I did get 1 soul from it all. Here's the aftermath:

There's also two more Mammoths and another Giant that survived.. I allowed them to continue living after helping out so much :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks for the answer on the Thieves' Guild.

I'm not sure what was meant by
similar to the stones but as once a day powers
. Maybe I will do the quest to test out my new daggers after I've made them (see below), and one day if I'm feeling charitable I'll finish restoring the guild like they've asked me to... not high on my priorities.

Changing gears for a second...

I'm grinding my smithing to 100 right now to craft my new, amazing dagger set. I'm thinking I'm going to make an ebony dagger with frost damage and a daedric with shock damage. Can anyone give my some tips on how to make them the strongest I can?

I don't have any +smithing or enchanting gear... is it easy to get?

Log4Girlz

Thanks for the answer on the Thieves' Guild.

I'm not sure what was meant by
similar to the stones but as once a day powers
. Maybe I will do the quest to test out my new daggers after I've made them (see below), and one day if I'm feeling charitable I'll finish restoring the guild like they've asked me to... not high on my priorities.

Changing gears for a second...

I'm grinding my smithing to 100 right now to craft my new, amazing dagger set. I'm thinking I'm going to make an ebony dagger with frost damage and a daedric with shock damage. Can anyone give my some tips on how to make them the strongest I can?

I don't have any +smithing or enchanting gear... is it easy to get?

I have yet to find a +smithing gear other than the notched pickaxe and it won't tell you by how much :/

Top Bottom