• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

3phemeral

I have two shouts and I can't use them yet because of it too.
LLShC.gif
KuGsj.gif

3phemeral

:lol Seriously at least go listen to what the Greybeards have to say and then resume your personal endeavors
I should. Everyone at work is bewildered why I haven't done it. I stayed in Whiterun and did a partial Companion quest, but then I got a hold of a horse and just wandered, finding cave systems and killing bandits. Didn't feel like I was missing much, but I suppose it would be interesting to have dragons to look out for too. :)

Seanspeed

Banned
I found this out by accident, but it's weird. You can't really undo it, as you can only assign it to something else. The 360 controller's d-pad sucks, as when it'll either go to the favorites menu or switch to a different magic/weapon set when I'm trying to do something else. I somehow got my second quick-action button to disappear, but the first one always remains on something.

Unfavorite the item. Then favorite it back.

I hardly use shouts. The only one that seems like any fun is the Clear Skies one. Calling down thunder and lightning is cool too. Father situational though.

I hardly use shouts. The only one that seems like any fun is the Clear Skies one. Calling down thunder and lightning is cool too. Rather situational though.

3phemeral

Unfavorite the item. Then favorite it back.

Hrm, didn't think of that. Thanks!

Yeah, it would've. You get the fully leveled Unrelenting Force (force push) after a few quests. It makes fighting crowds a lot easier.

I'll probably attempt it after tonight or tomorrow. I guess what I'm worried about now is burning through all the quests so when I do have new abilities, there won't be anything to do.

Unicorn

level 34 here. No shouts or dragon fights.

Then again, this rogue playthrough was intentionally neglecting Dragons and shouts. Frankly, after the 50+ hours I've been playing this 2nd character, I don't even notice them missing.

My first character, a necromancer, would only use first level Fus and the occasional ice breath.

Playthrough 3 will certainly involve a character that goes through the main story and focuses a lot on using shouts. haha

I've been pretty disappointed in the shouts. They're not as crazy or cool as I thought they would be.

mods?

3phemeral

level 34 here. No shouts or dragon fights.

Then again, this rogue playthrough was intentionally neglecting Dragons and shouts. Frankly, after the 50+ hours I've been playing this 2nd character, I don't even notice them missing.

My first character, a necromancer, would only use first level Fus and the occasional ice breath.

Playthrough 3 will certainly involve a character that goes through the main story and focuses a lot on using shouts. haha

mods?
:high five:

Khezu

The shouts aren't as crazy as some would like, but I use and enjoy most of them.

Kyrns peace, disarm, marked for death, aura whisper, ice form, Foosh, probably get the most use, especially peace, cause fuck bears.

Visceir

I love the fast startup the game has, I can click the game and be able to start walking with my character within 20 seconds. No bullshit logos and intros that I have to wade through every time I boot up the game (except that one bethesda logo).

Makes it so much easier and likely for me to get back into the game and do some fast quests or random exploring.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I hardly use shouts. The only one that seems like any fun is the Clear Skies one. Calling down thunder and lightning is cool too. Rather situational though.

Marked for Death is a great shout. It doesn't get a lot of love.

KingK

I've asked this twice in this thread but never got an answer. How do I become Thane/get a house in Riften?
I've already dealt with the Skooma problem for the Jarl, but there is no dialogue option for her or her steward about a house. I heard one of the city guards mention a house called Honeyside for sale, but I don't know how to buy it.

knitoe

The shouts aren't as crazy as some would like, but I use and enjoy most of them.

Kyrns peace, disarm, marked for death, aura whisper, ice form, Foosh, probably get the most use, especially peace, cause fuck bears.

I am lvl 49 and don't use any shouts. Even on master difficulty, don't need to when a Daeblic bow (legendary) + sneak 3X dam + 120% increase bow equipment kills anything, other than dragons, in 2-3 hits.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You don't even need to talk to the greybeards. Dragons are unlocked as soon as you talk to the Jarl for the first time.

I meant because
Fus Ro Dah
is fun. And are you sure that's quite right? I think random dragon encounters are unlocked after you kill the first.

I love the fast startup the game has, I can click the game and be able to start walking with my character within 20 seconds. No bullshit logos and intros that I have to wade through every time I boot up the game (except that one bethesda logo).

Makes it so much easier and likely for me to get back into the game and do some fast quests or random exploring.

Yep, that is really refreshing. I expected a lot more nonsense intro stuff. More developers should take note.

I really like the Unrelenting Force shout, stuns enemies for a good amount of time and gives you some distance. And shouting fools off of cliffs/high towers is way too much fun.

Dresden

Been unlocking shouts lately by asking Arngeir for the 'whispers' on the map, and the only two I use consistently are the Detect Life shout (obvious reasons) and the Ethereal Form for jumping off cliffs.

This game rocks. I need to go see the Greybeards, though. I'm 12 hours in and just piddling around Whiterun. Looks like seeing the Greybeards could be beneficial.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I've asked this twice in this thread but never got an answer. How do I become Thane/get a house in Riften?
I've already dealt with the Skooma problem for the Jarl, but there is no dialogue option for her or her steward about a house. I heard one of the city guards mention a house called Honeyside for sale, but I don't know how to buy it.

I don't remember exactly how, but I just did more and more quests in Riften, and one day it was like "Oh the Jarl of Riften wants to talk to you" and she was all "Bro, you're doing a lot of good, don't think I don't see that shit. Lemme hook you up".

Also, I use shouts all the time. Fire or Ice breath are fun, Ice block a LOT of fun, and everyone loves clear skies!

I meant because
Fus Ro Dah
is fun. And are you sure that's quite right? I think random dragon encounters are unlocked after you kill the first.

i killed a few and absorbed souls before making my way up to the greybeards. since the first one for me was before greybeards, you're both right?

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
do other people think the final destruction spell is mad disappointing? The fact that it can't be shot at enemies make it worthless to me. they have to be in my face stabbing me for it to be doing any amount of damage, and because I've sunk all my skill advancements in magika means I'm dead before I can cast it. Speaking of that, it is nuts that I am level 35, always put my skill advancements into magika, but I still don't have enough magika to cast it without wearing enchanted armor. I'm a dunmer too, it's not like I'm a kajhit or some other race that isn't magic geared. Am I missing something?

I mean, if you look at the spells you unlock, it progressively gets worse! First flames, then you unlock the firebolt, then you unlock the firebolt with splash damage. So far so good, but then you get incinerate that is basically the firebolt without splash damage for some reason, then you get fire storm...

do other people think the final destruction spell is mad disappointing? The fact that it can't be shot at enemies make it worthless to me. they have to be in my face stabbing me for it to be doing any amount of damage, and because I've sunk all my skill advancements in magika means I'm dead before I can cast it. Speaking of that, it is nuts that I am level 35, always put my skill advancements into magika, but I still don't have enough magika to cast it without wearing enchanted armor. I'm a dunmer too, it's not like I'm a kajhit or some other race that isn't magic geared. Am I missing something?

I mean, if you look at the spells you unlock, it progressively gets worse! First flames, then you unlock the firebolt, then you unlock the firebolt with splash damage. So far so good, but then you get incinerate that is basically the firebolt without splash damage for some reason, then you get fire storm...
Nope. Master perk would make it only take half the MP though.

Does Daedric drop at all or does it have to be crafted? I have a pretty high damage glass bow and I would rather not spend an additional 4 perks just to get a Daedric bow.

IJoel

I loathe these forsworn archers. They have crazy accuracy, and before I see them, I'm being two-shot by them. Any recommendations for mage armor?

ElyrionX

I think one of best thing playing on the PC is that you can cut out the grinding if you want. Leveled enchanting to 89 and it was taking too long to sell off daggers of banishing and buy soul gems so I just used the console to pump it all the way to 100. My smithing is only 60+ I think. Not going to bother wasting more time pumping out the daggers. Just going to boost it up using the console.

So the after the patch the PS3 version definitely runs better. Unfortunately, I've also had 4 crashes in less than 2 day s whereas I hadn't had one in the previous two weeks.

Edit: make that 5 times. Fuck.

Naito

Does Daedric drop at all or does it have to be crafted? I have a pretty high damage glass bow and I would rather not spend an additional 4 perks just to get a Daedric bow.

It does rarely drop and some merchants might sell it (at least, the weapons), of course if you intend on having a full set or a specific weapon better get the perk (and go wild with enchanting).
I had the opportunity to buy a Daedric bow from the Fletcher dude (bows shop in Solitude).

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Does using a conjured sword give one handed XP?

Also, how do I know how powerful it is compared to normal weapons?

Top Bottom