• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cool, I got jumped by two dragons before I could summon a Flame Atronach for Faralda, and now she's gone. I can't get into the college. I can't finish the main quest.

Fantastic.

nib95

Banned
Well that really sucks. Is there any way to delete the patch? Wondered why mages suddenly were the only one's giving me any real grief. Leaves me wondering what it actually did fix since I still get the texture loading issues with the game installed post patch. Honestly, vanilla Skyrim off the DVD was better.

Where the thieves at?

I'm 80 sneak and it's pretty random for what can spot me. I'm playing on Master though so sneak power is definitely reduced.

Like I can dance in front of Frostbite spiders and totally teabag them and they won't see me, but random bandits will. So weird. Always gotta stay behind certain enemies. Mammoths spot me easily when I'm in front of them trying to go for 30x sneak stabs.

I'm 80 sneak and it's pretty random for what can spot me. I'm playing on Master though so sneak power is definitely reduced.

Like I can dance in front of Frostbite spiders and totally teabag them and they won't see me, but random bandits will. So weird. Always gotta stay behind certain enemies. Mammoths spot me easily when I'm in front of them trying to go for 30x sneak stabs.

Briarhearts can spot me at 100 sneak, muffled and invisible. Its bullshit.

Well that really sucks. Is there any way to delete the patch? Wondered why mages suddenly were the only one's giving me any real grief. Leaves me wondering what it actually did fix since I still get the texture loading issues with the game installed post patch. Honestly, vanilla Skyrim off the DVD was better.

You should be able to locate the patch under Game Data (PS3) but most games mark their savegames. So if you delete the patch, the game will complain (even without internet connection) that your savegame has the wrong version.

nib95

Banned
You should be able to locate the patch under Game Data (PS3) but most games mark their savegames. So if you delete the patch, the game will complain (even without internet connection) that your savegame has the wrong version.

360 version here but damn. That seriously sucks. Looks like I'm stuck with it for now.

Cynar

God the buying/selling system in this game is so damn flawed. Merchants are useless. I'm at level 49 and to make things worse I have to unlock 5 perks to get the master Speech perk (all Merchants get +1000). So annoying that the next several hours of my play will go towards upgrading something pretty much unrelated to actual combat. But I want those houses so I have no choice really.

P.S, I also haven't seen the Greybeards yet lol.

Enchant weapons with banish and sell to the river wood merchant after investing = $$$

nib95

Banned
Enchant weapons with banish and sell to the river wood merchant after investing = $$$

My Riverwood trader is dead lol (I think). I believe some have mentioned he often dies of old age. In any case, the value of items is not the problem. I have some enchanted weapons and armor that sell for £4k+. They're worth a lot more.

Problem is finding merchants with enough money. I can literally only sell them one potion at a time (my Fortify Health and Magic Damage regen potions are worth around a thousand or more to sell each).

EDIT: Turns out the Riverwood Trader isn't dead. It's the trader in Whiterun that died for me. Hopefully after I unlock the relevant perks in Speech (I'm almost there) I can start off loading my most expensive gear!

tirant

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the patch has broken resistances on PS3 and 360.

Really????? This is unbelieveable... How can a company this size and with this revenue have this kind of problems?

If they were programming business software they would have gone bankrupt years ago because all of the lawsuits...

Wallach

I know health absorb works because I have it on my sword. But yea, magic resistance seems caput. Can't confirm for sure, but I do seem to be taking more damage from mages.

I'll be able to test it when the patch goes live on PC. I'm not real keen on taking most gamers' accounts of these kinds of things at face value. Not because I think they are intentionally being dishonest, but usually because they misunderstand what the root of the problem is. Will be quite unfortunate if resistances are globally broken, though.

As for absorption, I was only referring to the Conjuration bug. Summon spells are checked against the player's spell absorption as if they were harmful, so you'll absorb your own summon attempts. Was more of a joke though, I don't think they would have broken resistances in their attempt to fix that.

pringles

Seriously Beth.. wow. So sad. I was wondering why frost mages and dragons completely owned me all of a sudden.

I wonder if the patch had anything to do with the broken cave (Shadowgreen Cave) I just played through. It had a hole through a wall that I could walk through and out into "editor land", basically flat texture in a big square around the cave that I could walk around on.

I'm getting pretty fatigued with this game for a bunch of other reasons as well, such as too many quests, too many pointless quests, too many filler quests sending you back and forth across the map for no reason etc. so I may take a break for a while and see if they can 'fix' the game again..

Log4Girlz

Well I created a re-enchanted bow using that well known enc/alc exploit, but I only did 1 cycle of that (I'm lazy). Yep, I can two shot Giants with my damn bow.

NBtoaster

I just realised that the icon on Skyrim and Morrowind's main menu/box art is the same lol...probably obvious.

I actually thought it was the Dragonborn symbol, I guess it's something else? It's not on Oblivion's art.

morrowind_gamecoverlakre.jpg
sr-img-boxartxmj3l.png

Log4Girlz

I just realised that the icon on Skyrim and Morrowind's main menu/box art is the same lol...probably obvious.

I actually thought it was the Dragonborn symbol, I guess it's something else? It's not on Oblivion's art.

morrowind_gamecoverlakre.jpg
sr-img-boxartxmj3l.png

Isn't that the Imperial Legion symbol? The general of the legion has it on his chest.

vareon

Hahah, Mjoll's comments gets really stupid sometimes.

*enters a room full of already dead Draugrs lying.
"There could be a Draugr about. I can smell their decay in the air."

No shit, sherlock.

Anteater

The mages are dangerous Mofos, have 40% magic resistance and half of my hp got blasted away by some random mage dude walking in the snow before I could take out my weapons :lol

I've been sent to Riften to speak to Esbern about the dragons, but I have to speak to Bryjolf to find out where he is. For him to tell me, it seems I have to complete his quest, which I really don't want to do.

He wants me to steal a ring and plant it on Brand-Shei, so he's sent to jail and run out of business, but I'm trying to avoid going down the "bad-guy" route, and Brand-Shei has given me a quest I'd rather do.

Is there any way I can advance this questline without having to do this? Can I find Esbern without doing Brynjolf's quest?

Log4Girlz

I've been sent to Riften to speak to Brynjolf about the dragons, but in order to advance, it seems I have to complete his quest, which I really don't want to do.

He wants me to steal a ring and plant it on Brand-Shei, so he's sent to jail and run out of business, but I'm trying to avoid going down the "bad-guy" route, and Brand-Shei has given me a quest I'd rather do.

Is there any way I can advance this questline without having to do this?

The entire fate of the world hinges on you doing some petty thievery, which has no real consequences in this game. Save the world man, do his petty quest.

Woorloog

Banned
Thalmor scum.

Am i? I'm merely sceptical. Can a mortal ascend to godhood? I really wonder about that. And i have my doubts. There are two stories of Arkay, i'm inclined to belive the one where Arkay was not a mortal who was offered godhood but the one where Arkay was some sort of spirit early on.
I do wonder who the old man at Ghost Gate was when i was going to confront Dagoth Ur. It was implied he was Talos but there's no proof. Maybe he was from Psijic Order or something else.

Top Bottom