• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Wallach

The patch doesn't address any quest bugs at all, right? I've been stuck on a companion quest for a while now, and I was hoping it would fix that.

Also, from the OP, the patch creates more problems than it solves? Should I download it? (360 version)

Not sure. Bethesda rarely gives full patch notes, so whatever they provided is unlikely to be everything contained.

Nert

I was really excited to start playing today, but if this patch made things worse, I'll be okay with waiting a little while longer while working on my backlog, I guess.

I was just walking along to Dustman's Cairn when all of a sudden a mammoth fell from the sky, landed on it's feet, and then tipped over and died. At least I got an easy mammoth tusk from it.

I did, didn;t I ?

No, you did a lousy job. Too bad you didn't read the OP:

On spoilers: Skyrim's a big game, with a lot to see and a lot to do. You're free to discuss the random events you come across
in as much detail as you like, but if you want to talk about specific quests in the game, use spoiler tags. Try and prevent posting
entire black blocks of text: make sure people can tell what your spoiler is about before highlighting it.

Not like this:
Man, that "Dragon Hunter"-quest is so badass. I can't believe I got to kill a dragon,
But like this: Man, that "Dragon Hunter"-quest is so badass. I can't believe I got to
kill a dragon.

If a quest title is particulary spoilerific, please tag it too. Use your own good judgment.

As said, exercise good judgement. It's impossible to know what you want, unless they highlight the whole spoiler.

Ok im in the
Alftand Ruined Tower
but I cannot get far, how do I do this, please help!
thanks in advance.

Same way you do every damn quest - select it in Quest Log, follow the marker. Doors on the way to MQ objective are 99% unlocked, 1% Novice. If you find a lock above Novice you are going the wrong way.

Well...63 hours in, level 33. Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild done...still haven't talked to the Jarl about the dragon attack in Helgin lol.

Just buttoning up some misc quests now and then I'll do a few of the main quest...at least enough to get dragons showing up. I feel like I could play this game for 2 or 3 hundred hours, which is disgusting. Ah well.

Guanoape

Neo Member
Finished the main quest after 57 hours.
Level 46. No smithing/enchanting shenanigans. The final confrontation with Alduin was a huge disappointment. I smacked his wing a couple of times and he died? They could have at least made it a fight with multiple phases or something. Sovngarde was neat though.
Luckily I'm still not done with the game. The civil war/college quests await me.

Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood:

I am so disappoint. All these quests are the same. Sigh. I don't have any motivation to do the Companions or College quests since they'll all be the same "Dungeon X go kill this or get this (which turns into kill this to get it)". Oblivion TG was so awesome with the Grey Fox and DB was so good with all the unique kills

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ok im in the
Alftand Ruined Tower
but I cannot get far, how do I do this, please help!
thanks in advance.

1) Stop bolding your posts. You're not more important than everyone else in this thread.

2) Dude, seriously. Getting through a dungeon is not difficult.

Wallach

Wow, good thing I came into this thread before turning my game on.

I can't believe this patch makes the game worse. What the hell?

Well, it's not like that is all it does. But yes, it does seem the PC version has the same resistances bug. I have yet to see any instances of it working in the world yet. Spell Absorption behavior is the same as pre-patch, from what I can tell.

TCRS

Banned
Does the weapons rack in your house work now? On the 360 I mean. I haven't downloaded the patch yet because of the bugs.

Search is not working so I need to post here:

Does anyone know of any complete Oblivion overhaul? I'm talking one giant mod that improves graphics, fixes leveling system, makes characters prettier, etc.

Phreaker

If you don't have any "resistance" gear on I guess playing with the 1.2 patch wont make much of a difference?

So is it not possible to start without downloading the patch first?

Sure you can. If you are signed into Live just don't download the patch when prompted, but you will not be on Live (online) with Skyrim unless you do.

just trying to own every Skyrim's related

381131_10150992824365290_547980289_22051842_876844484_n.jpg

not mention Skyrim's iPhone App too :p

Daedric armor just looks hilariously garish to me.

As far as individual pieces go the unique Ebony Mail > all, anyways.

Haven't found the unique set yet, but I can't stand the way that the helm on ebony leaves your neck exposed, it looks bad and makes no sense. Moved on to Daedric and never looked back.

lucius

I was just walking along to Dustman's Cairn when all of a sudden a mammoth fell from the sky, landed on it's feet, and then tipped over and died. At least I got an easy mammoth tusk from it.

Before the patch right after I fast traveled I had a dragon fall from the sky burn in flames but I did not absorb it soul, I didn't even hit the thing and had not fought a dragon in at least an hour.

I am going to play with the new patch, will be more challenging and that texture bug really bothered me when it showed up.

jiien

Haven't found the unique set yet, but I can't stand the way that the helm on ebony leaves your neck exposed, it looks bad and makes no sense. Moved on to Daedric and never looked back.

I just use a different "helmet" with the set. I prefer the (Thieve's Guild spoiler, potentially)
Nightingale
hood with it. I don't get the heavy armor perk bonuses, but with the way smithing/enchanting/armor caps work, I don't need those full set perks anyway.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I might switch too my Rogue till they sort the patch out, as Mages are the bane of my 2-handed meathead nord, and with no magic resist fighting them is going to be a major pain.

So I've finally gotten my smithing up to a respectable level. GOT DAYUM Daedric armor is sexy.

Just crafted/enchanted me a full set.

So angry, I'm a caster and I went the elven/glass route thinking I would hit Dragon and then one over for Daedric ... nope, you have to go the full path the other way to get that.

Daedric > Dragon lookswise and that's all that matters, so I'll probably end up throwing points in there either way.

I still have my Legendary Dragon armor I haven't worn yet, haven't enchanted it yet (9 more points and I can double enchant) but that's probably going to Lydia.

Dresden

The ebony mail doesn't have that weird exposed neck that the regular ebony armor does, it's like a cut-down, more compact version of it. I use it with a dragon priest mask most of the time now.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I really hated the way that [end of main quest spoilers]
they just teleport you to Skuldafn on the wings of Odahviing. That could have been an awesome chance for them to fly you across Skyrim on the wings of a dragon. Odahviing even says something along the lines of, "You'll only be more envious of the Dovah once you take to the skies." That it turned out to be a glorified carriage with a Dragon skin really annoyed me.

So angry, I'm a caster and I went the elven/glass route thinking I would hit Dragon and then one over for Daedric ... nope, you have to go the full path the other way to get that.

Daedric > Dragon lookswise and that's all that matters, so I'll probably end up throwing points in there either way.

I still have my Legendary Dragon armor I haven't worn yet, haven't enchanted it yet (9 more points and I can double enchant) but that's probably going to Lydia.

PC? Just give yourself the perk via the console. Sure, it could be considered a cheat, but it's bullshit that you have to work your way around through useless perks to get to Daedric even though you are right next to it after working the other path.

AEREC

Im a little confused about soemthing:

My level up bar was 90% full so I figured I would level up by getting Destruction magic up from a trainer...after I trained about 5 levels in destruction magic (I dont use magic since Im a warrior) my level up bar was still at ~90%...so I reloaded just before the training and went got 1 skill point by shooting stuff with my Bow to get the archery skill up and after it went up one point I leveled up.

I dont understand why training in destruction magic did not level me up since I only had like one more point to go before leveling?

Woorloog

Banned
Im a little confused about soemthing:

My level up bar was 90% full so I figured I would level up by getting Destruction magic up from a trainer...after I trained about 5 levels in destruction magic (I dont use magic since Im a warrior) my level up bar was still at ~90%...so I reloaded just before the training and went got 1 skill point by shooting stuff with my Bow to get the archery skill up and after it went up one point I leveled up.

I dont understand why training in destruction magic did not level me up since I only had like one more point to go before leveling?

The higher the skill, the more experience points it contributes towards next level. 90-91 is better than 15-16.

Top Bottom