• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

GhaleonEB

Pushed the war a bit further along, to the
battle to take Windhelm. Very fun sequence, and it shows how Bethesda has gotten better at staging them compared to Oblivion's hilarious finale. The tiered battle moving through the defenses, the objectives like lowering the drawbridge, the destruction and fireballs landing, the number of guys on screen at once...just very well pulled off.

My archery skill hit 100 during the fight, and I just mowed through guys. Must have shot down a good 40 soldiers. Felt good, felt real good.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Guys.

I managed to play a game that's NOT Skyrim today.

I miss Skyrim.

okenny

Banned
Ehhh... I have question:

Eef has any person know who most deespeakable person take to Boethiah trial for ebony.

Thank you.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What's your play time so far? :)
About 60 hours between two characters. I ditched my old character completely, and I'm at level 21 with my new one. Archery, restoration, sneak, dabbling in conjuration. But I'm limiting my archery + sneak perks cause the later ones feel cheap. Playing on Expert.

Still haven't gone to the Greybeards, and I've only done one quest with one of the guilds. :)

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
76 hours. Level 50. 47/50 achievements, should get the other 3 by Friday.

I want dlc NAO!

I'm at 47/50 as well. I've NEVER gotten all of the cheesemints from a game, I think I'm gonna try for this one since I'm so close. Probably would have ended up doing all the stuff anyway.

Arjen

I've been carrying a couple of broken sword handle's and blades with me. Anyone know if they are those quest related or can i just sell them?

okenny

Banned
It can only be forged in the pits of Mt. DOOM!

In all seriousness, I am at lvl 41 I have been only finding ebony stuff no Daedric stuff yet, will be forging my set.

I found a Daedic Warhammer at level 33 but I can't sell it at the moment as it's valued at nearly 4000 and no one in Skyrim has that much cash :(

Nocebo

What's an easy way to up my smithing?
If you're on pc there's console commands for this:
Press ~ to open the console.
Type
player.setav <skill> <amount> - Sets skill directly to <amount>. Example: [player.setav marksman 50] sets your archery to 50.

Doesn't get any easier than that ;)
Apparently you can basically give yourself anything you want through console commands:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Commands_(Skyrim)

Nightz

So did the patch break the controls on PC when using a 360 controller? The A button only works on some menus and in others the A and Y buttons are swapped.

I've been carrying a couple of broken sword handle's and blades with me. Anyone know if they are those quest related or can i just sell them?

It's one of the northern towns (the more western one), there's a guy with a museum, speak to him. I'm pretty sure that's the guy.

PersonaX

I have a collection of awesome maces, but i prefer to stay out of dual wielding, because changing a healing spell to the other hand whenever the going gets dirty is annoying and slow and it happens too often, when i'm fighting some guy(s) who can handle himself i have to heal myself almost constantly, so i keep a healing spell in one hand and a mace in the other, so i can crush enemies and heal myself quickly.

my fightning style is not very honorable, lot's of archery (killing with a bow is most rewarding imo), astronach summoning and running while healing.

edit: it has worked very well so far, i'm level 25

Damn, the Aldmeri Dominion sure know how to hold a grudge. Sent assassins after me some 40-50 hours after I killed a few of their Thalmor Justicars (In self defense, I swear!)

Anteater

I have a collection of awesome maces, but i prefer to stay out of dual wielding, because changing a healing spell to another hand whenever the going gets dirty is annoying and slow and it happens too often, when i'm fighting some guy(s) who can handle himself i have to heal myself almost constantly, so i keep a healing spell in one hand and a mace in the other, so i can crush enemies and heal myself quickly.

my fightning style is not very honorable, lot's of archery (killing with a bow is most rewarding imo), astronach summoning and running while healing.

edit: it has worked very well so far, i'm level 25

Yea I ended up ditching the idea of healing and spells because switching is terribly slow, even switching between archery and sword was kind of annoying sometimes since it would take like 2 seconds to do the "oh I was told to switch to a sword, wait for it! Here I'm doing this pulling out the right sword animation even though the left hand weapon is already there magically".

Everything is so slow in this game. Strangely healing with pots are instant and don't need you to pull out the god damn pot in your left hand and drink it.

Dresden

Lol @ this patch.

Got attacked by an elder dragon in Riverwood, but then it started flying in place, before suddenly sinking down and then disappearing into the ground.

Anteater

Lol @ this patch.

Got attacked by an elder dragon in Riverwood, but then it started flying in place, before suddenly sinking down and then disappearing into the ground.

I've had that problem before patch I think, dragons would fly through mountains and ground. They just don't give a fuck.

Arjen

I broke some guy out of jail, he said, i know the way out, follow me!
He then disapeared into the wall.
I kinda love those little glitches that make you go WTF????

mxgt

Banned
No! Lydia died in combat ;_;

Might just cheat and resurrect her, I don't want to use a different companion so far in, me and her have been bros for life.

PersonaX

I'm so goddamn heavy all the time that i can't carry a loot worth shit anymore, i'm not even carrying anything useless...well...i do have all those potions i don't dare to store away, because you know, you never know when you need a potion for +4% better prices or some other useless shit when you are creeping through a dungeon in the middle of nowhere, right??? also, all those huge stacks of stamina, magica, health potions, goddamn i hardly ever use them, if i dropped all of them somewhere i would probably be 100 lighter.

i'm like that old wizard guy who has a potion for absolutely anything "yes...yes...i think i might have something you could find useful...here"

alphaNoid

Banned
Holy fucking shit, I played this game for 9 hours today. I just started today and what a first day, fuck.my.life.
KuGsj.gif

GreekWolf

Is the current patch for the 360 version okay to download or are there issues with it too?

No, don't download the patch. People are reporting that magic resistances are broken post-patch, and some areas are running less smoothly. Also, certain dragons apparently fly backwards now.

Just run the game off the disc, and you'll have no problems.

nib95

Banned
So I finally unlocked the 5 perks necessary to master the stuff I wanted with Speech. After selling around 60-70% of all my potions, barely touching jewellery and weapons/armour, I'm already just under 100k gold. So glad I did it. Having the confidence that I'll be able to buy all the houses in the cities and do them all up, feels good man. But yea, the Riverwood Trader is the best I've found so far. Give him 500 gold investment, plus the Level 100 Speech perk (gives everyone an extra 1k) and he starts with around 12k each time you do a re-load (just after killing him). So much easier to sell stuff now, phew.

WTF? Anyone else been attacked by invisible animals? I was mauled by an invisible bear. The only thing I could distinguish it by was its shadow.

Did Bethesda turn on Black World Tendency?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
WTF? Anyone else been attacked by invisible animals? I was mauled by an invisible bear. The only thing I could distinguish it by was its shadow.

Mmm Demon's Souls Skyrim Total Conversion Mod........

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

I've been attacked by an invisible dragon before. I could hear it so I knew it was around, but that was some shit, let me tell you.

Anteater

I've seen mammoths getting stuck at the pond and disappearing (its model would flash and pop in and out of invisibility), other than that I haven't seen them become invisible.

No! Lydia died in combat ;_;

Might just cheat and resurrect her, I don't want to use a different companion so far in, me and her have been bros for life.
Fuck Lydia. Always with the sarcastic shit whenever she has to be the carry mule.

Eola, now that's a woman. And she doesn't judge me either.

Monocle

So I finally unlocked the 5 perks necessary to master the stuff I wanted with Speech. After selling around 60-70% of all my potions, barely touching jewellery and weapons/armour, I'm already just under 100k gold. So glad I did it. Having the confidence that I'll be able to buy all the houses in the cities and do them all up, feels good man. But yea, the Riverwood Trader is the best I've found so far. Give him 500 gold investment, plus the Level 100 Speech perk (gives everyone an extra 1k) and he starts with around 12k each time you do a re-load (just after killing him). So much easier to sell stuff now, phew.
So...are Speech perks really worth the points over the alternatives? I'm level 43 right now and I'm interested in well over a dozen other perks.

So...are Speech perks really worth the points over the alternatives? I'm level 43 right now and I'm interested in well over a dozen other perks.

If you want to have good prices on your goods - yeah. Although even with Investor perk the amount of money they have is small, I think 3K was max I saw. Sure, you can wait 25 times to sell everything, but that's kinda defeats the purpose.

Mana and mana regen is useless for destruction because the spells cost so much. It's MUCH better to enchant items to lower cost of spells. All destruction spells cost 0 mana for me.

Hmmm I did not think of it that way... atleast then I could use the most powerful spells rather than the bolt versions...

Had a very cool moment the other day. I was doing the College of Winterhold quests and reached the part when some serious shit was going down. I was told to quickly leave the main hall to check up on someone, and was greeted with an ancient dragon waiting for me. Not part of the story or anything, he just randomly appeared to start a fight even though everything is already going nuts in the current quest. He chose the wrong time though, this particular scene had all the teachers in the college in it so he picked a fight with me, and a large team of high level mages. Poor guy didn't stand a chance.

The timing was so perfect, it almost felt like this giant scripted event.

Top Bottom