• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Ramma2

Are the non-soul gems used for anything? I had one quest that needed 3 flawless of something, otherwise I'm just hoarding them. Would rather sell.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
CHEEZMO™;33110427 said:
I'm trying to join the Legion, and the first thing she wants me to do is clear out a fort near Solitude. I go there and kill everyone, but when I get back to her I cant enter proper dialogue and she just orders me to clear the fort.

Am I missing something? :/

Anyone?

I'm seriously considering rerolling early at this point.

._.

Astra

Are the non-soul gems used for anything? I had one quest that needed 3 flawless of something, otherwise I'm just hoarding them. Would rather sell.

Yeah, NPCs may request them. So far I've only had a request for Flawless Amethyst, and Flawless Sapphires.

CHEEZMO™;33110931 said:
Anyone?

I'm seriously considering rerolling early at this point.

._.

Does your journal tell you to return to Rikke? (I think that's her name)
I JUST cleared the fort out, myself. I hope I don't run into this bug. (If it is one)

I had a bit of trouble, though. It wasn't updating my journal to return to the Legate. So I kept running around the damn fort, and eventually I found a straggler in the tower outside.

One of the Daedric Quests, The Only Cure, requires a Flawless Ruby.

Ah yes, that's another one. Thanks.
That was a fun quest. The reward is actually useful for my character so I can block some magic. Playing on Master, and those mages are a major threat.

bengraven

Sick of vendors only having about 1100 (max) gold. I have a chest loaded with high end gear, some of it 2000g.

I don't want to do the "trick" from Morrowind where I would buy up all the tiny things the vendor had, raising his available money to a level I could use, then sell my high end item to that vendor, and the tiny ones to multiple vendors.

I swear, I'm spending 1/3 of my time just flying around the world and waiting for a few hours just to sell my shit.

Zeliard

Dragons are annoying as fuck. They're worse than cliff racers.

Cliff racers were a blight with no redeeming value whatsoever. The fact alone that dragons can and do wipe out quest-givers makes them well worth having in the game, and is their best feature.

What's annoying are all the unnecessarily immortal NPCs. And by "unnecessarily" I'm referring to every single one of them. Everyone should be able to be killed, even if it greatly affects the main quest line, i.e. killing Vivec in Morrowind.

When you look at stuff like the immortal NPCs and some of the still-existing scaling elements, well - I don't know where Bethesda's balls went but hopefully they'll retrieve them one day.

Sick of vendors only having about 1100 (max) gold. I have a chest loaded with high end gear, some of it 2000g.

I don't want to do the "trick" from Morrowind where I would buy up all the tiny things the vendor had, raising his available money to a level I could use, then sell my high end item to that vendor, and the tiny ones to multiple vendors.

I swear, I'm spending 1/3 of my time just flying around the world and waiting for a few hours just to sell my shit.

"The things you own end up owning you"

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

You can invest in merchants to have them have more base gold.

Does anyone know if you can get the
Voice of the Sky 24h active effect (from your journey to High Hrothgar)
more than once? I've been spoiled with it and it's literally like 1 minute from expiring on my game, haha... just curious if I can get it again. If no one knows, maybe I'll try the steps again and see if it re-triggers (google search has failed me).

Once you get Kyne's Peace you won't really need it anymore. =)

Zeliard

Do the Thieves Guild stuff. Eventually you can end up with several vendors who have around 4k gold each.

I appreciate the vendor limit since it tends to keep people's gold in check, even if just due to their own laziness. :> Ain't like there's really much meaningful stuff to buy, anyway, unless you're really into Smithing or purchasing houses you don't really need.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Does your journal tell you to return to Rikke? (I think that's her name)
I JUST cleared the fort out, myself. I hope I don't run into this bug. (If it is one)

I had a bit of trouble, though. It wasn't updating my journal to return to the Legate. So I kept running around the damn fort, and eventually I found a straggler in the tower outside.

No, it just says clear the fort.

I've been back several times and no found anyone else. I'll have a proper scour of the surrounding area tomorrow >_>

Nose Master

Every time I get a "meh" reward for a quest:

RobSchneider.png

Do the Thieves Guild stuff. Eventually you can end up with several vendors who have around 4k gold each.

I appreciate the vendor limit since it tends to keep people's gold in check, even if just due to their own laziness. :> Ain't like there's really much meaningful stuff to buy, anyway, unless you're really into Smithing or purchasing houses you don't really need.

Yeah money seem to serve no purpose atall to the point I dont even care how much stuff sells for or what its worth.

FINALBOSS

Banned
pT1DW.jpg

:D :D :D

I also got my Dragonscale/Dragonbone armor sets. I plan to use the heavy for magic resist against those darn dragons and the light for all around treks. :D

The game gets so boring when weapons are that godlike.

My daggers are like 110 and even then the game is super easy.

Tom Penny

It amuses me that people play a game for like 75-100+ hours then go. I think the game is broken my guy is too powerful. Well no fucking shit.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Also, if anyone's Shadowmere died from falling off a cliff...mine reappeared at a random dungeon yesterday, lol. My horse died days ago

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Finally settled on an archery character and doing pretty well for myself at the beginning of the main quest (level 12, first dragon down), but it's amazing how I can get murdered by random wildlife. I thought it was doing pretty well for myself - cutting through bandits and draugrwithout much trouble - until I got one-hitted by a snow cat.

I think I'm asking this again.

Is it possible to buy a house in Windhelm, without assisting Ulfric? Am I going to join him, when I speak to him in the palace?

Orgun

Excellent!

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/12/01/skyrim-what-were-working-on/

Creation Kit — Beginning in January, PC players will be able to download the same development tools we used at Bethesda Game Studios to create Skyrim. In tandem with the Creation Kit’s release, we will roll out a new Wiki and videos to help you get started. It also features something we think you’re going to love…

Steam Workshop – We’re excited to share news that we’ve been working closely with Valve to integrate Steam Workshop into the Creation Kit. Using the Workshop, you’ll have free user content with the push of a button. The Creation Kit will bundle your mod and upload it to the Workshop, where everyone can browse, rate, and flag mods for download. You’ll be able to do this from any web device, including your smartphone. Like a live Netflix queue, when you fire up Skyrim, mods you flagged will be automatically downloaded and installed. Everyone here is really excited about the opportunities and possibilities this opens up for our entire community.

Prefer to use existing modding sites? Not a problem. You’ll still be able to upload/share/access Skyrim mods on fan-created mod sites.

edit: just saw that a thread has already been made for this

Why do people complain about the game being broken when they're breaking it? don't make super weapons if you don't want to be superwo/man it's your choice.

I think I'm asking this again.

Is it possible to buy a house in Windhelm, without assisting Ulfric? Am I going to join him, when I speak to him in the palace?
In my experience you need to join the stormcloacks to get the house offer as well as completing the serial killer quest so, I doubt you can get the house if you don't side with him, not 100% sure though.

Philia

I'm lolling here. I wasn't the one complaining, but the ones complaining about the ones who're making god tier weapons. :)

I only made it now so I don't have to upgrade ever again and don't worry about any other weapons I may need to pick up and haul it back to storage or to sell. By the way, my game time is about 275 hours, I'm lv 53 now.

I'm lolling here. I wasn't the one complaining, but the ones complaining about the ones who're making god tier weapons. :)

I only made it now so I don't have to upgrade ever again and don't worry about any other weapons I may need to pick up and haul it back to storage or to sell. By the way, my game time is about 275 hours, I'm lv 53 now.
2n9l1telell.gif

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Cliff racers were a blight with no redeeming value whatsoever. The fact alone that dragons can and do wipe out quest-givers makes them well worth having in the game, and is their best feature.

What's annoying are all the unnecessarily immortal NPCs. And by "unnecessarily" I'm referring to every single one of them. Everyone should be able to be killed, even if it greatly affects the main quest line, i.e. killing Vivec in Morrowind.

When you look at stuff like the immortal NPCs and some of the still-existing scaling elements, well - I don't know where Bethesda's balls went but hopefully they'll retrieve them one day.

yeah, immortal NPCs are very annoying.

Philia

LMAO you should see my map and my stats! 319 locations found, 182 dungeons cleared. :D

And the hilarious thing is, I have not met the Greybeards yet. xD I know I know, that cool Fus Ro Dah whatever is cool. I did nothing but dungeon delved since I started this game. The dungeons were impressive and immersive enough for me to keep going for so long.

abundant

In my experience you need to join the stormcloacks to get the house offer as well as completing the serial killer quest so, I doubt you can get the house if you don't side with him, not 100% sure though.

You can purchase the house without joining the Stormcloaks if you join the Legion and complete the Civil War quests.

Are you dual casting? You should be stunlocking them as soon as they land. Dragons are easy with Destruction.

I will fallback to doing this, but I did just get the master level spells, which I can't sualcast! Want to use them though lol.

I had been dualcasting firebolts or icespikes to take them out, just constantly making sure they're stunned but tbh it's pretty boring :p

Conjuration is the best magic school, I think. Get the Twin Souls perk, summon two Dremora Lords, and watch them clean up :D

There's also The Flame and Storm Thralls for hitting the dragon while he is in the air.

I have like 19 conjuration :/ I'll make a different character for conjuration methinks.

Are you an Arch mage? That mask that I found before I became one with 100% increased magika regeneration has been helping out a ton.

Also, get Marcurio as a companion in Riften.

I am arch mage but since I mainly use destruction I'm using the Master destruction robes instead, much more reduction in destro spell cost and more regen. I am using the blue magic mask, gives 100% regen.

Mercurio may well be a good idea.

Tenck

Dude, DUDE, DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's pretty hardcore stuff there.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Mods my friend, mods.

Rich Merchants Mod

Finally settled on an archery character and doing pretty well for myself at the beginning of the main quest (level 12, first dragon down), but it's amazing how I can get murdered by random wildlife. I thought it was doing pretty well for myself - cutting through bandits and draugrwithout much trouble - until I got one-hitted by a snow cat.

light armor user here and i got murdered by cats and bears as well until lvl 30 or so, lol. dragons only hit half as hard.

KorrZ

Holy crap! I thought I was going a little nuts with my 92 hours played, god damn dude!

How did you get your bow damage that ridiculously high? I have a legendary daedric bow and the damage is at like 139 or something..

Top Bottom