• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Dresden

Can't stress this enough. I don't why people do things like "Play 60 hours, haven't touched the main quest lol". Dude, just at least get far enough to where dragons start appearing (it's only like, the 3rd or 4th quest really short) and then dick around, because dragons bring a lot of random fun into the game.

Alsoooo, you should all get the 3rd word of Unrelenting Force (FUS RO DAH) before dicking around too much. It's a little further in the main quest and it's SooooooOOOoooo much fun to use. Until you have shouted at a bear and made it ragdoll off of a mountain you have not played SKYRIM.

Dragons are annoying as fuck. They're worse than cliff racers.

nib95

Banned
When you have your enchantments selected, they're locked in as is, so it doesn't matter if the potion wears off. As long as you don't deselect said enchantments, of course. So you have all the time you need to name your equipment.

Problem is I usually have only 60-120 seconds or so to Enchant like 8 different items. Enchantment Elixers are hard to come by lol.

Can't stress this enough. I don't why people do things like "Play 60 hours, haven't touched the main quest lol". Dude, just at least get far enough to where dragons start appearing (it's only like, the 3rd or 4th quest really short) and then dick around, because dragons bring a lot of random fun into the game.

Alsoooo, you should all get the 3rd word of Unrelenting Force (FUS RO DAH) before dicking around too much. It's a little further in the main quest and it's SooooooOOOoooo much fun to use. Until you have shouted at a bear and made it ragdoll off of a mountain you have not played SKYRIM.
My assassin is not the Dragonborn, so I'm staying away from Dragon Shouts to see how much it affects the game.

I do miss setting fools on fire with my voice, but oh well. :lol

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Shiiiiiiiit.

Just cheaped open a high-end chest and fount a set of Dragonplate armour in there O_O

The highest I've seen is Dwarven or whatever the usual armour sets are.

Thankfully it's heavy and my character's a Light user, so I have a reason to sell it so as not to feel cheap using it this early.

nib95

Banned
CHEEZMO™;33109495 said:
Shiiiiiiiit.

Just cheaped open a high-end chest and fount a set of Dragonplate armour in there O_O

The highest I've seen is Dwarven or whatever the usual armour sets are.

Thankfully it's heavy and my character's a Light user, so I have a reason to sell it so as not to feel cheap using it this early.

What chest and where?

pT1DW.jpg

:D :D :D

I also got my Dragonscale/Dragonbone armor sets. I plan to use the heavy for magic resist against those darn dragons and the light for all around treks. :D

That's just overkill, imo. What difficulty are you playing on?

MrBig

That's just overkill, imo. What difficulty are you playing on?

It doesn't matter, it will kill anything regardless.
They are really letting people break the game with this enchanting/smithing/alchemy routine.
Why not just type in "tgm" and get it over with?

Does anyone know if you can get the
Voice of the Sky 24h active effect (from your journey to High Hrothgar)
more than once? I've been spoiled with it and it's literally like 1 minute from expiring on my game, haha... just curious if I can get it again. If no one knows, maybe I'll try the steps again and see if it re-triggers (google search has failed me).

Shit, just accidentally pressed "A' on the update screen. :( Turned off my Xbox, but that apparently removed the original patch as well, so now I can't load my saves. Forced to update... BUGGER ALL.

I know this sounds weird, but is it okay to save dragons? Dont get me wrong, I'll kill them without hesitation, if they attack a town or me in the wild. But I just saw a plain dragon fighting against two snowy sabre cats and he lost. It made me kinda sad, because they just came back after being gone for so many years and now one of them lost to a damn cat.

I wanted that kill, you snowy pussy!

What is the purpose of the Giants? they kill me in 3-5 blows every time I cant find anything to stop them and if I do manage to beat them (once) then their camp has nothing of value

Souplak

I need help with a quest, the Black Star. So I just got
transfered in to the crystal to kill the guy inside it. THe problem is that I cant do it. Him plus all the deadra or what ever they are, they kill me in 2 - 3 hits with their magic. Im lvl 34. Elven armor. My own magic doesnt kill them fast enough. I can take 1 with my sword but always ends up with me vs 2 - 3.

So any ideas how I can beat it?

I need help with a quest, the Black Star. So I just got
transfered in to the crystal to kill the guy inside it. THe problem is that I cant do it. Him plus all the deadra or what ever they are, they kill me in 2 - 3 hits with their magic. Im lvl 34. Elven armor. My own magic doesnt kill them fast enough. I can take 1 with my sword but always ends up with me vs 2 - 3.

So any ideas how I can beat it?

Lower the difficulty?

What is the purpose of the Giants? they kill me in 3-5 blows every time I cant find anything to stop them and if I do manage to beat them (once) then their camp has nothing of value
I can kill Giants in a couple of hits, they're just cool higher level environmental enemies roaming the wilderness.

They guard Mammoths to, so killing a Mammoth usually involves killing a Giant first. Mammoth drop tusks which are worth 150s, they are also the easiest enemies to find that will allow you to fill Grand Soul Gems. Giant's always drop a Giant Toe which is an ingredient to make Fortify Carry Weight potions (pretty helpful) and their camps, at least from my experience, hold pretty expensive items (got 3 flawless Amethysts from the one I cleared the other day).

Luthos

Don't their camps usually have one of the big round type chests?

Also, for what it's worth, I believe giants are greater souls, and mammoths are grand souls.

Nose Master

Well, I pretty much don't need soul gems anymore. Fiery Soul Drain reduced to 3 seconds gives me about 160 charges, added with the perk that recharges the weapon when you kill someone... it's at around 75% after clearing a few dungeons with it. Since Fiery Soul Drain is technically one enchantment, I should be able to toss something else on it, right? (Once I'm 100.)

EDIT: What's the best ingredients for making a blacksmithing potion?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I'm trying to join the Legion, and the first thing she wants me to do is clear out a fort near Solitude. I go there and kill everyone, but when I get back to her I cant enter proper dialogue and she just orders me to clear the fort.

Am I missing something? :/

Astra

Problem is I usually have only 60-120 seconds or so to Enchant like 8 different items. Enchantment Elixers are hard to come by lol.

Yeah, they can be. However, if you know which ingredients make them, they're quite plentiful.

Blue Butterfly Wing
Hagraven Claw
Snowberries (Insane amount of these around)
Spriggan Sap

Those are the only ingredients I have that fortify enchanting. Blue Butterfly Wings and Snowberries being the most common. I always check shops everytime I am in a city for said ingredients. There's usually some Butterfly Wings for sale.

AEREC

the game just got an update on my 360 when I logged in. What are the features of the update?

+ No more crashes
+ improved textures
+ Constant 60fps framerate
+ Morrowind and Cyrodiil DLC included
+ New Items and armor

Seriously though...they just added more bugs.

nib95

Banned
CHEEZMO™;33109714 said:
The one outside the dungeon where you do the quest that rewards you with Dawnbreaker.

No idea what that is but I'll Google it lol.

Yeah, they can be. However, if you know which ingredients make them, they're quite plentiful.

Blue Butterfly Wing
Hagraven Claw
Snowberries (Insane amount of these around)
Spriggan Sap

Those are the only ingredients I have that fortify enchanting. Blue Butterfly Wings and Snowberries being the most common. I always check shops everytime I am in a city for said ingredients. There's usually some Butterfly Wings for sale.

Thanks dude.

I'm finding fights with dragons particularly difficult as a mage, mainly focusing on destruction though I fail to see how any other school would help. Maybe I should pump some levels into increasing my health but I need dat magicka :/

+ No more crashes
+ improved textures
+ Constant 60fps framerate
+ Morrowind and Cyrodiil DLC included
+ New Items and armor

Seriously though...they just added more bugs.

why is the dragon flying backwards right now then? never happened pre-patch

I'm finding fights with dragons particularly difficult as a mage, mainly focusing on destruction though I fail to see how any other school would help. Maybe I should pump some levels into increasing my health but I need dat magicka :/

Are you dual casting? You should be stunlocking them as soon as they land. Dragons are easy with Destruction.

GhaleonEB

I make it a habit of talking with each of my Dark Brotherhood targets before killing them. Usually I'll just say hi, then leave, and take them out silently later. Talking with a Kahjit trader I had to kill, one of the dialog options was, "I'm going to beat you like a house cat!"

I loled for real. Then I retreated to the field and sniped him while he was chopping wood. Dude never saw it coming.

Returning from the three contracts I had completed, I was given another - an old lady. Nazir is talking about how hard it will be to kill an old lady, and meanwhile my only dialog option is to tell him she's already dead. Apparently I already paid her a visit. :lol

Astra

Conjuration is the best magic school, I think. Get the Twin Souls perk, summon two Dremora Lords, and watch them clean up :D

There's also The Flame and Storm Thralls for hitting the dragon while he is in the air.

Nose Master

Wow, Marcurio. I gave him a bunch of crap to hold, ended up wearing: Executioner's Hood, DB Armor, and Glass Boots. He looks like a god damn gimp.

Are you an Arch mage? That mask that I found before I became one with 100% increased magika regeneration has been helping out a ton.

Also, get Marcurio as a companion in Riften.

Top Bottom