• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Philia

Holy crap! I thought I was going a little nuts with my 92 hours played, god damn dude!

How did you get your bow damage that ridiculously high? I have a legendary daedric bow and the damage is at like 139 or something..

*Archery = 100, Perks applied.
*Ring, Necklace, Gloves, Helmet = Bows do more Damage 47% enchanted
*Daedric Bow is made with 3 Ebony Ingots and 2 Daedra Hearts, I just happen to be very lucky and have one plain for loot.
*Alchemy/Enchanting cycle gear til you get good enough % in Enchanting/Smithing potions. (32%, 130% respectively) I happen to be lucky enough to have an Enchanter's Elixir or two to start with and gave myself a headstart. Pretty much skipped a few steps.
*Drink Smithing potion while wearing Smithing enchanted gear and then refine your weapon with Ebony Ingot.

Korosenai

I'm lolling here. I wasn't the one complaining, but the ones complaining about the ones who're making god tier weapons. :)

I only made it now so I don't have to upgrade ever again and don't worry about any other weapons I may need to pick up and haul it back to storage or to sell. By the way, my game time is about 275 hours, I'm lv 53 now.

The games been out for 20 days and you already have 11 1/2 days of gameplay. Do you eat, sleep, anything? lol

Philia

LOL as I said earlier in the thread or was it in the console performance thread I dunno, but I'm just an unemployed waifu trying to finish/100% this game for my hubby so he could play it too.

KorrZ

*Archery = 100, Perks applied.
*Ring, Necklace, Gloves, Helmet = Bows do more Damage 47% enchanted
*Daedric Bow is made with 3 Ebony Ingots and 2 Daedra Hearts, I just happen to be very lucky and have one plain for loot.
*Alchemy/Enchanting cycle gear til you get good enough % in Enchanting/Smithing potions. (32%, 130% respectively) I happen to be lucky enough to have an Enchanter's Elixir or two to start with and gave myself a headstart. Pretty much skipped a few steps.
*Drink Smithing potion while wearing Smithing enchanted gear and then refine your weapon with Ebony Ingot.

Thanks for the list. I have no qualms with making a stupidly overpowered bow, my character is of course the most legendary archer in all of Skyrim after all! muwhahaha

GhaleonEB

So I gotta ask - I've cleared four Dwarven ruins now and found something at the end that said I did "not have the required device" to activate it. What is this thing and where do I get it? I assume it's a quest line I haven't started, but at this point I'm ready to do what it takes. :lol

Thanks for the list. I have no qualms with making a stupidly overpowered bow, my character is of course the most legendary archer in all of Skyrim after all! muwhahaha

I've got a fully perked out archery skill (100 + perks), plus crafting skills at around 50. I feel so, so great taking guys down so fast. Hasn't come close to getting old.

I don't even use magic of any kind, which will make my next character feel quite fresh. A bow and dagger is all I need. :D

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So I gotta ask - I've cleared four Dwarven ruins now and found something at the end that said I did "not have the required device" to activate it. What is this thing and where do I get it? I assume it's a quest line I haven't started, but at this point I'm ready to do what it takes. :lol

Main story quest related

It's a Companions quest.

Well, there are actually two ruins that you can't pass through. One is main quest and one is Companion.

Philia

Oh doh, I forgot. You need 100 in Smithing, Alchemy, and Enchanting (and their perks) before all that.

Astra

So, I lost one of my companions. I sent her home, and she left and vanished. I went back to where she usually is, and she isn't there. It's been over a week since I dismissed her.
I had this happen with Lydia before, however I didn't dismiss her, she just... vanished. She showed up at Breezehome days later.

So my question is, can a dismissed companion be killed on the way back to their area?
I just figured they essentially warped back there once they left the particular area you are in when you dismissed them.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I gotta post pictures of my characters somehow... my thief is pretty awesome.

Been getting into Conjuration and had a couple of questions about the bound weapons, does anyone know the damage of the bound sword/axe? Also, do enchantments that improve one and two handed damage affect them? Finally, can you get a bound shield spell?

GhaleonEB

Main story quest related

It's a Companions quest.

Well, there are actually two ruins that you can't pass through. One is main quest and one is Companion.

Heh. I'll do the
main quest ones on this character, then, and the Companions on my next.
Thanks.

I might take a break from murdering people and advance the main quest a bit. I'm to the point where I was supposed to
pick up a horn, but got a note instead.

For the heck of it I activated all of my misc. tasks and quests, then looked at my in-game compass to see the markers. I literally twitched. So...much...to..do...

Astra

Been getting into Conjuration and had a couple of questions about the bound weapons, does anyone know the damage of the bound sword/axe? Also, do enchantments that improve one and two handed damage affect them? Finally, can you get a bound shield spell?

I don't have any perks to increase their strength, but I dual wielded bound swords, and I think the damage was at like 30 or so. Maybe a little more. It wasn't very high.

Not too sure about the enchantments increasing damage output of bound weapons. I'd also like to know this. I made a second character specializing in conjuration and archery.

Is there even any sense putting points in an armor tree as an archer? I don't get hit enough to level it much anyway, Since I have Smithing, my Armor rating is quite high anyways.

I put points into it, only to get to the perk that causes armor you wear to weight nothing. For stealth purposes.

Is there even any sense putting points in an armor tree as an archer? I don't get hit enough to level it much anyway, Since I have Smithing, my Armor rating is quite high anyways.

Edit: with the perk that increases bound weapon damage in Conjuration, they are equal to base Daedric.

Philia

Edit: with the perk that increases bound weapon damage in Conjuration, they are equal to base Daedric.

I don't level up my armor til I find myself dying from the wildlife too much. I knew then to upgrade. But don't take it from me, I was stuck with some mismatch enchanted gear for a good while. xD

So, I'm getting towards the end of the main quest, and I get confronted by The Blades and
they want me to kill Paarthurnax. Fuck. That. Glorious meditating dragon is best dragon.

GhaleonEB

I just put the first perk into light armor to boost it a bit, but otherwise, no. 90% of enemies never close distance, especially once I got stagger and the stealth roll.

I still get punked once in a while by some uber-boss, but for the most part nothing touches me. The simply drop dead before I'm known.

ShinNL

Well, I pretty much don't need soul gems anymore. Fiery Soul Drain reduced to 3 seconds gives me about 160 charges, added with the perk that recharges the weapon when you kill someone... it's at around 75% after clearing a few dungeons with it. Since Fiery Soul Drain is technically one enchantment, I should be able to toss something else on it, right? (Once I'm 100.)

EDIT: What's the best ingredients for making a blacksmithing potion?
Wow, thanks for your post. It gave me an amazing idea and I just went ahead and tested it: it works!

But first, to answer your question: you cannot add a second enchantment once you've already enchanted it. You have to select 2 enchantments at the moment of enchanting.

---

Anyway, this is what I did just now:

I knew that Elemental Fury shout works for dual wielding attacks as long as you leave the left hand weapon unenchanted; so you can enchant your right hand weapon and not lose
any speed

But the problem with dual wielding is that you attack at an insane amount of times, so your enchantment charge will run out quickly. Recharging sucks, I don't want to bother with that stuff.

If you increase the amount of usage so you have to recharge less, you end up with a crappy 1 fire damage enchant or something.

Now here's the treat: Fiery Soul Trap decreases in soul trap time with more charges, but the fire damage stays at 10! Now that's a good first enchant, but what about the second?
After fiddling a bit, I realized that no other weapon enchant has this non-scaling factor... but, there's 1 enchant where that doesn't matter!

Absorb stamina.

Just like vegetable soup, as long as you have 1 stamina, you can do a power attack. So I added 1 stamina absorb with 1 second soul trap and 10 burn damage: 5000 usage rate! That means if I can't manage to kill a skeever before slicing 250 times(!) with the right-hand weapon, I have to eventually recharge, otherwise with the surplus it will be always full (thanks to Soul Siphon). Freaking awesome :D

I tested it by wreaking havoc in Dragonreach, it works perfectly. Elemental Fury works, unlimited power attack works and people were BURNING. Oh, and the sword was glowing purple, so sexy :D

Lakitu

st5fu
Just did the Labyrinthian. Great dungeon.

Thalmor again.. try to fuck you up. Are they the most snobbish despicable cunts or what?

Love the new patch. Its a good thing that my texture-less dragons won't stop flying in circles because apparently none of my shouts do anything except make noise.

Bethesda really needs to address the difficulty balance or there may be a bug that allows the NPC's to insta kill you.

one minute I'm ploughing through enemies at a decent clip, when suddenly out of nowhere I'm getting insta killed by an archer, mage, warrior, or dragon.

AngryMoth

Think I'm getting towards the end of the main quest now and its pretty awesome. Way better than anything from the Fallouts.

Also the game has started pausing itself pretty frequently since updating to 2.01. Anyone else have that issue?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just did the Labyrinthian. Great dungeon.

Thalmor again.. try to fuck you up. Are they the most snobbish despicable cunts or what?
BEHOLD THE FUTURE!! BEHOLD A THAAALLMOO--*gets head cut off*

Bitches ain't shit!

Forgot to mention, the patch absolutely killed my FPS. I was playing on 'High' with a nice smooth FPS but after the update I had to put it down to Medium to make the game playable. And that's not even an exaggeration, I couldn't play the game on High anymore because it was a slide show.

GhaleonEB

Bethesda really needs to address the difficulty balance or there may be a bug that allows the NPC's to insta kill you.

one minute I'm ploughing through enemies at a decent clip, when suddenly out of nowhere I'm getting insta killed by an archer, mage, warrior, or dragon.

I have the same experience. I got one-shot by a bandit chief the other night, after likewise one-shotting all his buddies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm pretty sure most insta-kills are from landing crits which are related to stamina.

muahahaha Daedric armor+Mjoll the Lioness+Two handed maximum proficiency=the A-train of slaughter

comes in really handy when you've got ten minutes to finish a dungeon

grendelrt

I think it may be certain enemies as well. I had the same Bandit Cheif do it to me like 5 times in a row, ended up beating her without getting hit to win.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Any issues with doing the Dark Brotherhood quest where you
kill the girl at her wedding to get the attention of the Emperor
before doing the rest of the Solitude quests? I haven't touched those yet.

Also, can I join both the Imperial Legion and the Stormcloaks? If not, which is better?

I'm 'only' level 32, but I a level 82 Sneak and 75 Archer. :) So satisfying sneaking around picking off enemies, 3x archer damage perk kills most enemies instantly, but you also get a 6x single handed damage perk which is ridiculous, there's also a 15x damage perk for daggers, but I haven't got it yet, no real good dagger in my inventory. I'm going to have to build the rest of my stats, though.

brentech

I'm 'only' level 32, but I a level 82 Sneak and 75 Archer. :) So satisfying sneaking around picking off enemies, 3x archer damage perk kills most enemies instantly, but you also get a 6x single handed damage perk which is ridiculous, there's also a 15x damage perk for daggers, but I haven't got it yet, no real good dagger in my inventory. I'm going to have to build the rest of my stats, though.

And no, you can't chose imperial and stormcloak. I didn't have any problem with Solitude after that quest either. If you screw up sneaking and get a bounty on you, just go back at a later time and pay it off - simple as that.

GhaleonEB

Any issues with doing the Dark Brotherhood quest where you
kill the girl at her wedding to get the attention of the Emperor
before doing the rest of the Solitude quests? I haven't touched those yet.

Also, can I join both the Imperial Legion and the Stormcloaks? If not, which is better?

I'm doing that quest tonight, so I'm not sure. You can't join both sides on the civil war, once you join one side the quest for the other side drops off as "failed". I'm a Stormcloak and ejoying it very much, though I haven't seen the other side.

We have similar characters. I was at about those levels for sneak and archer (I'm level 39 now, with 100 on both). Archery is so good in this game.

The 15x backstab can be combined with the
gloves from the DB which do double backstab damage, for a 30x backstab. It's so absurd, but it feels great to slip those gloves on and move in for the kill.

BigAT

I finally picked this up today after much waiting. So I get to the first town and kind of accidentally slaughter someone's chicken. Now everyone in town is FURIOUS at me and attacking me like I just raped someone's daughter. How can I rectify this without killing anyone? I've tried running away but they have followed me pretty far out of town.

I finally picked this up today after much waiting. So I get to the first town and kind of accidentally slaughter someone's chicken. Now everyone in town is FURIOUS at me and attacking me like I just raped someone's daughter. How can I rectify this without killing anyone? I've tried running away but they have followed me pretty far out of town.

You dun' goofed.

Try sheathing your weapon, for a crime as minor as chicken-cide the guards might accept your yield and fine you instead.

I'm doing that quest tonight, so I'm not sure. You can't join both sides on the civil war, once you join one side the quest for the other side drops off as "failed". I'm a Stormcloak and ejoying it very much, though I haven't seen the other side.
The Imperial side is the only side.

Cat Party

I think you need to find a Whiterun guard to pay the fine. There may be one near the town, or you may need to actually get to Whiterun (it is close by).

I got turned into a vampire last night. Had no idea what was going on or how to cure it and let it reach stage 4. Took forever to get rid of it. Wish I had played around more with the powers.

okenny

Banned
2n9l1telell.gif

Dude, I'm at 248 it seems, saved 2513 times and am at level 47 and loving it. I don't grind though it seems I'll have to to get the only thing I'm coveting in this game: Daedric Armor. My goal was never to get through the game as fast as possible; my goal was to be lost in the world and I feel I've done that.

Still haven't started the main quest :D

Dash27

What am I missing about filling soul gems? I'm not playing a caster so I've enchanted my Ebony Bow with Soul Trap. Says if something dies in 4 seconds I steal the soul. I have 1 empty of each type of gem but they don't seem to be filling?

Are there different levels of Soul Trap enchants? Only certain things have souls? I've killed bandits, bears, wolves, mages...

I may have gotten you confused with another poster in some sleep-deprived fever dream. I swore I read you roling a one-handed melee class.

My first character was a sword-and-board Nord called Wulf, who slayed dragons and brought Imperial rule back to Skyrim.

My second (and current) character is a Dunmer called Sul who prefers to perforate his enemies from a distance, but isn't opposed to setting them on fire or slitting their throats.

What am I missing about filling soul gems? I'm not playing a caster so I've enchanted my Ebony Bow with Soul Trap. Says if something dies in 4 seconds I steal the soul. I have 1 empty of each type of gem but they don't seem to be filling?

Are there different levels of Soul Trap enchants? Only certain things have souls? I've killed bandits, bears, wolves, mages...
You sure your bow is still charged? You need to use soul gems to recharge magical energy in weapons.

abundant

Human souls can only be caught with a Black Soul Gem.

GhaleonEB

Oh god.

DB spoiler.

I just did the wedding assassination, while she was giving her speech, without getting caught (no bounty). *shoonk*

It took a few tries pull it off, but hot damn it was fun to sit back and watch all hell break loose.

I decided to dress up for the wedding, and went to Radiant Raiment to buy some. I was planning to get some 'fine clothes, but in the end, those looked too formal.

I bought mourner's clothes and hat. They were going to a wedding, but I attended a funeral.

I love this game.

The Imperial side is the only side.
It's probably best that we never meet on the road. You'd topple before you saw me.

It's probably best that we never meet on the road. You'd topple before you saw me.

I would craft a helmet from your skull, pee in it and place it on Ulfric Stormcloak's head
which is currently adorning the walls of Windhelm

I still love you, man. But you're rebel scum.

Top Bottom