• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

vareon

So I downloaded a mod that makes the Dragonscale armor look like the Nightengale armor. Fully customizable Nightingale armor is awesome.

Hood > +48% archery, waterbreathing
Armor > +23 light armor, +74 stamina (I think)
Gloves > + 48% archery, +48% one hand
Boots > Muffle, +48% one hand
Ring > +48% archery, +48% one hand
Necklace > +48% archery, +48% one hand

What mod is this?

Nose Master

So, can you carry bodies through zone changes? DB spoilers:
I'm trying to hide the gourmet's body, but he won't fucking leave that cellar no matter what I do. Fear, nothing. And I can't even punch him without one shotting him. The one girl recommended I ditch him in a body of water, but he never leaves...

Anteater

meh, game is freezing more often now on the ps3, as if the loading isn't bad enough that it has to freeze so I have to reboot and reload the stupid area again!

I'm trying to hide the gourmet's body, but he won't fucking leave that cellar no matter what I do. Fear, nothing. And I can't even punch him without one shotting him. The one girl recommended I ditch him in a body of water, but he never leaves...

I just killed him in the cellar and dragged him behind the kegs. That satisfied the game for the 'hide the body' optional objective.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So i did the Falkreath quest where a werewolf killed a little girl. Later, i met him in some cave and i had the choice between killing him or defending him against hunters. Being a werewolf myself, i thought i would help him, so i did. After killing a few hunters, i tried to "FUSRODAH" a bunch of them, and the idiot werewolf decided to go in front of me, and i knocked them all.

Then my objective changed from "Help Werewolf Dude" to "Kill Werewolf Dude". And i proceeded to do so.

I loled.

edgefusion

I just killed him in the cellar and dragged him behind the kegs. That satisfied the game for the 'hide the body' optional objective.

Same as what I did and I think exactly what you're supposed to do. Nose Master: You know you can drag bodies the same way you move objects around? Hold the take item button down for a couple of seconds and you'll grab it.

Nose Master

Bullshit! That's what I did, and it didn't check off for me. I even piled some buckets on him! I'll try again, he was kind of in the corner, behind the kegs.

PS: I fucking hate Markarth so much. The guards are so god damn janky in that area. Killed a guy, told them I'm the Thane and to fuck off. They were fine with it, dialogue wise. Still kept attacking me. Zoned into another area, guards don't give a shit. Go back outside, same guards are still pissed. Left the city, I hope they don't keep aggro like with the jailbreak quest -_-

edgefusion

Bullshit! That's what I did, and it didn't check off for me. I even piled some buckets on him! I'll try again, he was kind of in the corner, behind the kegs.

PS: I fucking hate Markarth so much. The guards are so god damn janky in that area. Killed a guy, told them I'm the Thane and to fuck off. They were fine with it, dialogue wise. Still kept attacking me. Zoned into another area, guards don't give a shit. Go back outside, same guards are still pissed. Left the city, I hope they don't keep aggro like with the jailbreak quest -_-

It's kind of sad I can't tell if you're just doing it wrong or if it's a bug. Even worse that my mind immediately assumes 'bug'.

Woorloog

Banned
Do companions drink potions if you give them some? If they do, when they do and do they drink only pre-made potions or also custom potions?

Enco

You can use the console command on pc.

He was standing conveniently next to a river/lake for me.

Dyno

Do bonuses like Extra Magicka or Magicka Recovery % stack? Do I gain anything from wearing items with the same bonuses?

AngryMoth

Is there a quest which involves going to the s
ilent
c
ity
. I've been exploring it but I found a gate which won't open for no apparent reason so I was wondering if I need to have some quest active to go further in.

Woorloog

Banned
Do bonuses like Extra Magicka or Magicka Recovery % stack? Do I gain anything from wearing items with the same bonuses?

They stack from items and abilities (Standing Stones, perks) but from other things (magic/scrolls, potions) only the strongest effect is counted. Or newest..

Repeating my question: Do companions drink potions if you give them some? If they do, when they do and do they drink only pre-made potions or also custom potions?

He goes to the lake once a day. DROWN HIM IN IT< MUAHAHAHA (That's what I did, it satisfied the optional)

So I've been grinding my enchantment, and it's taking a long time. Is there a way to speed it up? Right now I'm just throwing Absorb Health onto Iron Daggers (also grinding my smithing, of course) with the smallest soul gems I have. I did get the Lover Stone bonus; is there anything else I can do?

'Cause by my estimation, I've got at least a hundred more daggers to enchant before hitting max...

EDIT: And frankly, is it even worth it? Even with 70+ in the skill, it looks like I can't make anything half as good as some of the stuff I've found. I mean, I suppose if I put more perks into the tree (right now I only have the very beginning +20% perk)...

You can use the trainer at the Magic College every level to gain about 5 enchanting levels if you have the gold for it. I did this to gain a few levels but mostly follow normal progression as I would rather spend the training on things that are hard to level for my character like light armor (thief/stealth/assassin). I soul trap enemies constantly so I have a huge stock of soul gems and then I enchant and sell my entire loot haul when I return to town after questing. Keep in mind that you also get skill points for disenchanting and recharging enchanted items with soul gems. My enchanting leveled pretty quickly this way.

The Chef

So check this out. I have my Black Star and 3 empty Grand Soul Gems in my inventory. After I kill one dude it fills the Black Star. Whenever I kill a dude after that? "No soul gem large enough"
What gives?

Anteater

So check this out. I have my Black Star and 3 empty Grand Soul Gems in my inventory. After I kill one dude it fills the Black Star. Whenever I kill a dude after that? "No soul gem large enough"
What gives?

Are you killing human dudes? I think you can't trap npc souls with grand soul gems, you need black soul gems

ckohler

What gives?

You can't put NPC souls into Grand Soul Gems. You gotta use Black Soul Gems.

Chris_C

Starting to dislike seeing this thread on the front page. Every time I see it it tells my brain "you really should be playing Skyrim", but my body responds "dude, I played for 3 hours today already, I'm tired, let's go to bed," and my mind is like "aw, hell naw. Fire up that triple!"

Shoogoo

For some reason I'm a vampire, I went to see that guy in Morthal for a cure and he gave me a black gem to fill. I did that on a wolf or something (petty soul) and when I go back to him he tells me that my gem is empty altough I clearly have a soul in it.

The wolf was too lame of a soul? I don't get it D:

edit: reading a few posts above mine, it seems I have to kill a NPC?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
My daughter is 9 (born in 2002), and is playing the heck out of it.

So is my six year old. She likes to ride around on her horse, dog in tow, and fry things with dual lightning.

I don't think it is such a good idea to let small kids play skyrim, especially kids as small as 9 years old.

I mean, skyrim deals with pretty dark themes at times, and there is a a lot of racism in the game among the game's inhabitants. These races don't exist in the real world, but still.

Aesius

My daughter is 9 (born in 2002), and is playing the heck out of it.

So is my six year old. She likes to ride around on her horse, dog in tow, and fry things with dual lightning.

I'm jealous in a way, but I also feel sorry for them. They'll never know the joy of 8/16-bit RPGs.

It boggles my mind to think of how much I would have loved a game like Skyrim when I was a little kid. But I had to make due with Chrono Trigger, FFVI, Earthbound, Secret of Mana, and Dragon Quest. Man, I had it rough.

krioto

I don't think it is such a good idea to let small kids play skyrim, especially kids as small as 9 years old.

I mean, skyrim deals with pretty dark themes at times, and there is a a lot of racism in the game among the game's inhabitants. These races don't exist in the real world, but still.

Please- do you really think 9 and 6 year old kids are taking any notice of such things? They've got horses and dual lightning!

-KRS-

Starting to dislike seeing this thread on the front page. Every time I see it it tells my brain "you really should be playing Skyrim", but my body responds "dude, I played for 3 hours today already, I'm tired, let's go to bed," and my mind is like "aw, hell naw. Fire up that triple!"

Lol I know what you mean. But three hours is nothing man!
Yesterday after my friends left I thought I'd play "just a little bit", and ended up playing for probably 6 or 7 hours :S

The time really flies while playing this game. And it's really hard to stop because you're always heading somewhere, always have something to do. I just thank God that I'm not a completionist because that would probably be the death of me.

Finally decided to get off my ass and start enchanting last night, as opposed to just disenchanting. WOW the money is nice, especially when you've got a metric ton of Dwarven ingots to burn.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Main quest done

Wow, that was too easy.....but being level 47 with full smithing and enchanting does that, I guess lol.........one dragonrend and one onslaught with my ebony weapons and he was dead

I beat the main story line at level 8 my first play through. As I
killed the final dragon I
hit level 9. It was still very easy on that play through. I believe I was playing adept then. Now I've went to hardest difficulty and try to do minute shit is stupid hard. The problem I'm seeing with this is that if I'm the super badass the story line tells me then it shouldn't take me forever to kill a guard etc.

Lots of mental turmoil around this game to say the least...

GhaleonEB

My nine year old is unusually mature. She was reading independently at age four. Now in 4th grade, her reading level tests at the upper 12th grade level (she's in the TAG program at school, as she tests in the top .1% of her peers). She goes through about one (adult) novel a day. I use games like this to discuss the issues the game presents with her, just as I used Halo to discuss religious zealotry. In this case we've discussed civil war, racial tolerance and the joys of being a paid assassin.

ced

This game without fast travel would be torture lol. Ok so the world is nice to explore in it's entirety once, or twice...but seriously, any more than that and it becomes a repetitive chore. It's not like the world outside the cities is especially diverse or varied either.

Yeah I've felt this way too, it's a design problem.

Most quests are not regionally based, they send you across the map from the get go. If they would design them around the region that they started it would eliminate the dependency on fast travel, and IMO would be much more enjoyable.

Obviously the main quest and other major ones (thief, brotherhood etc.) would still take you across the world to keep you driven to explore, but they could take baby steps with them.

Mastperf

It's a tough call on who to side with. On one hand you have racists but on the other you have people who tried to cut off my head. I sided with Ulfric with my first character but might try the Empire for the next.

ShinNL

My nine year old is unusually mature. She was reading independently at age four. Now in 4th grade, her reading level tests at the upper 12th grade level (she's in the TAG program at school, as she tests in the top .1% of her peers). She goes through about one (adult) novel a day. I use games like this to discuss the issues the game presents with her, just as I used Halo to discuss religious zealotry. In this case we've discussed civil war, racial tolerance and the joys of being a paid assassin.
Wait... what? I understand your daughter being a genius, but are you trying to show how intelligent you are as well by discussing the deep meaning of games? :|

You're like that kind of dad that tries hard to impress his daughter :D

Top Bottom