• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Ponti

Dear Bethesda,

Please do not place quest items on a table in front of an inaccessible portion of the map where said item may happen to fall and become irretrievable if you happen to use Unrelenting Force on the undead overlord that's protecting it.

Yours truly,
Pissed off player who spent two hours on a quest only to find out near the end that I have to restart it because my quest item is irretrievable.

P.S. I'm only bitter because I care.
Yep this plus that weapon that causes an explosion whenever you whack Undead with it. So annoying.

eso76

damn Lydia tends to always stand in my way and block entrances all the time.
having to FUS RO DAH her around all the time when she doesn't want to move/jump off a cliff isn't fun ! well, actually it is but...ahem, what's this resurrect thing you guys speak of ?

So, to continue on from my last story: the game apparently made a save game right before the second Sabertooth hit. Talk about nice timing.

Sul had murder on his mind, and murder he got. I loosed a few arrows into the face of the unsuspecting Sabertooth, whose health dropped to the halfway point. Then, I honored the ancient Nord tradition of climbing onto a rock and lettting loose with arrows and fire spells. The Sabertooth dropped pretty quicly. I skinned it with extreme prejudice, sniped a few wolves and innocent Horkers, and carried on towards the objective. Nearly there.

Turns out the objective was on top of a hill. As I'm ascending, I suddenly notices movement in the corner of his eye. Muscular arms and legs, white fur, sharp teeth, three eyes... And a crapton of hit points. It's a goddamn Frost Troll.

The damn thing chases me around, somehow managing to climb onto every rock I use as a sniper perch. The beast charges forward as I jump backwards from a rock. It follows me down... And gets stuck.

This, of course, is the cue for me to starting throwing everything I've got at him. I'm burning it, piercing it with arrows, but it just. Won't. Die. Suddenly, though, I hear the rattle of someone moving around in armor coming from behind me. I turn around...

It's goddamn
Mercer Frey
. I've been fighting in front of his nose the entire time, and only now does he decide to show up and help the fuck out. He jumps down into the same hole the Frost troll got stuck in and proceeds to open up a can of whoopass on the thing like you wouldn't believe.

I almost felt sorry for the troll... But I harvested its fat instead, and carried on.

Lol I'm always naming my enchantments based on Pokemon. I named one Falmer sword enchanted with absorb health "Leech Seed" and now I can't stop. Now I'm running with Zapdos, Moltres, Kadabra and Pikachu in my inventory.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
What are the pros and cons for killing or not killing
Paarthurnax
?

Pro: Get a pat on the back from the blades
Cons: The grey-beards refuse to talk to you ever again. That, and you feel like a huge asshole.

Just killed my first giant. And a couple mammoths too! Bringing Eola along turned out to be a great idea. She got all their attention with her magics and I took them out with my bow.

Sorry if I'm really late with this, but does the whole "patch fucking up resistances" thing mean that I can, for a limited time, summon an atronach and cast Soul Trap on it? I tried it pre-patch and it would never let me. Sadly I'm not near my copy of the game at the moment...

Are there any disadvantages in joining the thieves guild? Will I be looked down upon around the world for being a thief? I don't really agree with what they are about but I do want to experience what all the game has to offer.

Are there any disadvantages in joining the thieves guild? Will I be looked down upon around the world for being a thief? I don't really agree with what they are about but I do want to experience what all the game has to offer.
No it's just more missions, some NPC's will be angry at you and say they know your a part of the guild but it's just words.

damn Lydia tends to always stand in my way and block entrances all the time.
having to FUS RO DAH her around all the time when she doesn't want to move/jump off a cliff isn't fun ! well, actually it is but...ahem, what's this resurrect thing you guys speak of ?

I accidentally peg Lydia in the back with arrows as she charges in to attack what I'm aiming at with my bow. I have to re-load because she falls in a sad, flailing heap.
and she's carrying a shitton of my stuff

I heard about that spoiler beforehand, I'm never going to kill him. Fuck the blades. He's adorable.

Anyone still have that screenshot of
Parthuurnax
chillin' on his rock at dusk? I loved that one.

Though my current desktop isn't too shabby either, thanks Pancakes!

I need a capture card or a decent PC, because this game gives my inner photographer a raging hardon.

Hazanko

Banned
Woah, just did the most amazing Dragon kill! My character jumped on the Dragon's head and started hitting it, then stabbed it right through it's head and jumped off. It's never done that before lol.

Luthos

Damnit, can't these bears and dragons leave me in peace, and let me continue to frolic through these grassy hills and collect butterflies?

Mindlog

Damnit, can't these bears and dragons leave me in peace, and let me continue to frolic through these grassy hills and collect butterflies?
I wish the dragons would leave my horse alone. It seems I can't fast travel anywhere without some dragon going after the poor animal.

If only I had it in me to let my dumb horse die.

Sinoox

Banned
So I beat the Dark Brotherhood...

Christ was it short!! The whole premise was pretty crazy, but the quests weren't anywhere near as creative as Oblivion's. Man! Huuuge disappointment, hopefully the rest of the guilds are longer and better.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now

Wait, you can collect butterflies? This game, man, this game. I was collecting glow bugs (not sure what they're called) at night but I never got an indicator to "collect" when I looked at a butterfly. Might've been the wrong kind? (Outside of the meadery near Whiterun, I never tried since then.)

Anyway, bears were a seriously bad bad thing for me in the beginning, I died so many times, especially because I was determined to get 10 bear pelts to complete a quest in Iversed (sp?) where this unappreciative shrew wanted you to kill 10 bears. Once you do it she's still a bitter bitch and I wanted to kill her afterward, in fact, I should go do that now if it'll let me, haha.

Stupid bears. I kill 'em now with 2 shots of my bow or a few swings of my blade, no biggie.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm just walking on foot now, horses drive me insane. They either a) go psychotic and attack enemies, b) run away to a safe distance meaning you have to find them or c) disappear completely when you leave them somewhere and then use fast travel (at least for me). Add to that, 1000 gold per horse + they're slow, it's just not worth it.

Lydia's also gone too. She got stuck in Shalidor's Maze
after the battle with the Dremora.
I tried to get her but she wouldn't follow me. So I told her we had to part ways and now she's not in Whiterun. I bet she's still there. Stupid.

nib95

Banned
Really enjoying the Thieves Guild main missions. I'm so over powered (even on Master) that it's refreshing switching to Light Armour and a bow and having my ass kicked. Cool having to stealth about and be sneaky as oppose to charging in like a demon and slaying everything in sight without barely taking damage.

I'm thinking of re-smithing weaker armour but without enchantments, just to bring some challenge back in to the game.

Gregorn

Did the ending of the mage college feel like a set up for DLC to anyone else? It just finished without anything happening...

I'm having a lot of fun but I'm starting to wish there was a little more quest variety besides go to vampire cave/bandit camp/crypt/forsworn camp/dwemer ruins murder all the scrubs and bring back the macguffin.

A few more quests like A Night to Remember, The Mind of Madness, Blood on the Ice, The Forsworn Conspiracy, and the Dark Brotherhood quest where you
kill the Emperor's cousin at her wedding
would be a welcome change of pace.

Also a missed opportunity to not make a hallucinogenic quest with all the skooma, moon sugar, and tree sap around.

So I'm trying to up my Smithing and just enchanted my first dagger to sell off for more iron ingot. But I don't have very many soul gems. Where the hell do you get more?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
...that's it? That was the ending? Are you fucking kidding me?

-200 points, right there Bethesda. How fucking utterly lazy. Annoyed, I am.

Jarlaxle

Ok. I need a little help guys. About midway through the main quest:

So, I climbed to the throat of the world to meet Paarthurnax. I didn't realize that he was the dragon until I had tried to kill him about 5 times. His life bar goes all the way down and then he just sits there for a bit and then reanimates and continues attacking me with a full life bar. I've tried to speak to him since I realized what I've done but nothing seems to work. He's not having it at all. Help?

MrBig

Ok. I need a little help guys. About midway through the main quest:

So, I climbed to the throat of the world to meet Paarthurnax. I didn't realize that he was the dragon until I had tried to kill him about 5 times. His life bar goes all the way down and then he just sits there for a bit and then reanimates and continues attacking me with a full life bar. I've tried to speak to him since I realized what I've done but nothing seems to work. He's not having it at all. Help?

You should have an autosave when you exited hrothgar if you neglected to save while going to the top.

So I'm trying to up my Smithing and just enchanted my first dagger to sell off for more iron ingot. But I don't have very many soul gems. Where the hell do you get more?

General Goods or court magicians usually have some to sell, or you'll need soul trap, a weapon with a soul trap enhancement to fill an empty one.

GhaleonEB

Heh, been using the Clear Skies shout in Whiterun and a guard came up to me and told me that maybe I should stop shouting as it's making people nervous.
I use the rapid dash one in Solitude to move around, and the guards don't like it one bit, either. I tell them I'll knock it off, then use it again to dash away from them. Mwahaha.

Sul the Dark Elf has had a strange day.

And was killed by another Sabertooth.

SKYRIM.

I love stories like this. The best part is, they happen every day.

Top Bottom